Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #1  

Question How do I maintain my goal weight?

I'm not to my goal weight just yet, but I will be soon and I'm wondering how to use WW to maintain my weight? How do I know how many points to eat?

Thanks guys!

Heather
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

When you reach goal at meetings you will get the info, or if you do online then the online information will give it to you.

Basically you add points back and if the next week you still lost you add more, if you gained you take away. You keep doing this until you no longer gain or lose.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #3  

Thanks! I don't go to meetings and I don't do WW online. I do the WW at home and none of my booklets really tell me what to do.

Does anyone know how many points I increase by each week?

Thanks,

Heather
Old 05-23-2006, 11:04 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Because it is copyright information we really can't give that out but they do have a maintenance program which you can purchase for a minimal amount. Call the 800 number in your materials.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

You can effect you weight by changing your diet by 100 calories a day (they always give this example in magazines - cut out 100 calories a day and lose 10 lbs in a year or something) - so I would guess that you might go up by just 1 point at a time or even 1/2 point as you get close to the magic number.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Actually Morigann that is very wrong information. It is more than that a day.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

What I mean to say, was that once you find your maintenance points, then getting them to where you exactly need to be is probably within a very small point range.

For Example: I maintain at about 1700-1800 calories per day. That is about 34 points. If I were to add more than 100 calories a day to that (2 more points), then a change (albiet a slow one) would occur in my weight. Currently I am eating 24 points a day to lose weight.

Here is the math:
A pound of fat represents approximately 3500 calories of stored energy. In order to gain a pound of fat, you have to consume 3500 more calories than you use. So for example, if you ate an extra 500 calories (5 points) each day over the course of a week you would gain 1 lb. This is exactly why some people show better losses by cutting out their extra points.

Now take that further. If you only had an extra 100 calories per day (2 points) above what you needed to maintain, it would take you 35 days (about 1 month) for those 2 extra points to catch up with you and result in a weight gain. So although the changes would show up slowly, they would still show up.

In reading 'thin for life' most of the people who had kept weight off for many years were less inclined to follow a stringent diet, than they were to just keep track of their weight. Most had an upper limit (some a weight limit and some their pants getting to tight). If they reached that upper limit, they started dieting more stringently again.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ok that is makes a bit more sense but this person is (I assume) is asking how it works for the maintence to figure out how many you get.

I also get 34-35 TPs a day plus 3-5 APs a day 6 days a week and 35 FPs a week and maintain.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #9  

I just wanted to know how to maintain my weight once I got to my goal. I just don't really have a clue of how much I need to eat and exercise. Thanks for the info Morrigan! I got a little confused when I read it, but I was reading it kind of fast. I'm going to look over it again. Thanks!

Heather
Old 05-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #10  

Default WW will help you!

Hi Heather ~

If you're attending WW classes, they will help you when you get to the maintenance stage. You get a maintenance book, and they will walk you through the steps. You start out by adding a few points, and this happens weekly until you maintain. They'll help you decide if you need more exercise, if you're eating enough points ...everything! If you don't attend classes, check out some web sites about maintaining your weight ...YOU CAN DO IT!
Closed Thread