Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 04:19 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #30

Time for a new thread!

This is gonna be Meme after all that cleaning
Old 08-16-2001, 04:23 AM   #2  

So Meme is on a diet...well she will lose some after pulling all her hair out from helping me with this label program!

Mima...The quilt is beautiful, did you make the whole thing or was part of it already done? I would never get something that large done! My hands won't let me do crafts anymore........ :sad:

Ally..they say cutting out carbs is not a good thing cause when you re introduce them it cause syou to bloat up..they say you should cut back and just have complex whole wheat carbs. But I'm sure you already know that!

Anne...what kind of desserts were there? Didn't the men have any too? I could not stand having smoke near by, hope you headache is better, I have had one too!

Joanne...I don't have any grandchildren yet, my two boys are not married either. I could not stand the weather down there! It has been so nice here, I worked outside some for two days adn my arm is better but hurts when I use it. I think I'm going to ask for Physical therapy so I know how to use it right.

Meme as I have said before your grandkids are adorable

I'm the one in the green dress cause green is my favorite color! I like chocolate too but I'm still the one in the green dress
Old 08-16-2001, 07:46 AM   #3  

Default Hello

Cancyce-that is an 11x14 piece that you cross stitch on an embroidery hoop. It is already stamped so you don't have to count. It did hurt my osteo-crooked right pointer finger.I guess it was worth it. Now I'm lost without a project.I am having a wicked time with allergies-WHEEZING like crazy-and my inhaler has expired so I'll have to call doc. Can't get sick because I have to go to school. I was ok in FL.HUmidity helps my sinuses stay open-would you believe.I'm going to have a massage today so that shoul help.Had oatmeal for breakfast-plain-and mixed in some all fruit jelly.I agree with the complex carbs.Nice day today-I'll have to find a way to walk-maybe to the doctor's!!!Have a great day everyone . Mima
Old 08-16-2001, 10:23 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Happy Canuk, That weather up there sounds like heaven right now.. We are in the 80's anight and humid. You could have cut it yesterday or spooned it up.I have a upper respiratory so I just stayed in the air-conditioning yesterday after I went to the Dr. It should be fine in a couple days. I am still below high goal but working on it.
Mima- That was a nice piece you did. I can relate with the feelings you get when you finish something and give it away. You are giving a little piece of yourself. I do a lot of hand crafts. Quilts - dolls- blankets and too many to mention crafts. I love all of them and hope the day never comes that I can't do them. I have made all my own clothes since I was 12 years old and realized that if I wanted new things I had to make them.
Candicej ,Therapy for your arm sounds like a good idea. I have had therapy for my arthritis several times. If you have the insurance don't wait,do it.I had injections in my spine several years ago and have had a lot of relief.
Memetoo- A lot of people who move to Florida like the relief that the humidity gives them.
Have a great day Ally..Talk to you all soon...Joanne
Old 08-16-2001, 02:20 PM   #5  

Three old ladies were sitting on a park bench having a quiet conversation when a flasher approached from across the park.
The flasher stood right in front of them and opened his trench coat.

The first lady immediately had a
stroke.

A few seconds later the second lady also had a
stroke.

The third lady, being older and more feeble, couldn't reach that
far...
Old 08-16-2001, 06:25 PM   #6  

Default hi all

Meme - that was to funny (hehe).

Joanne - it is in the 90's here today and we don't have any airconditioning. I have a fan going that sounds like an airplane it is so noisy, but it is powerful and really throws that air around. At least at night it goes down into the low 50's. We are not so far from the mountains that the air can stay hot during the evening. Anyway, this is plenty hot enough for me. You could bloody fry an egg on the deck!

Candice - basking in the just right weather. Oh well, winter will come soon enough, and I will be wishing for 90 above. As Joanne says, go for therapy if you can.

Mima - like I said, the picture is a beauty and I am sure, much cherished by the receivers. Hope your feeling better as the day wears on.

Ally - have you faded away to nothing? Where are you!

Question: Ice Cream melts when it is this hot, how come my fat doesn't melt(lol)

Here's a little cutie for you to go read. It is an e-mail from God.

http://www.flowgo.com/flowgo2_view.cfm?page_id=12320

Anne
Old 08-16-2001, 07:22 PM   #7  

Hi Guys...another couple of warm days.
No program...I just weigh myself on Fridays.
I have been lurking while at work on the Low Carb eating site and getting lots of tips etc.
Candice....I did this low carb thing to see if I have hypoglycemia and all I can say is that I feel better than I have all summer. Really...even a little reduction in aches. I don't think my body metabolizes carbs too well. And yes, that would be why I would bloat and swell if I ate them now.
I keep looking for an eating plan and I assume it may be some variation of this after I get rid of a few pounds.
I am really not hungry.....I get a lot of those pangs after fruit and I haven't had them at all in a few weeks. Those growling hunger pangs were the things that made me go buy a bag of Cheezits at work.
Meme....Those kids are adorable. My kids are hyper...I used to hate to go pick them up at Day Care...there was a compaint a day. Hope Ross has better luck at school. My more difficult kid got really lucky in 1st grade. His teacher adored him and took him under her wing. What a difference that year. Wish all teachers were like that.
Happy.....hope you did read that site....I can't imagine doing a web site about my own eating habits and weight loss. Hey....maybe if we did that we would lose!!!!
Hi Joanne and Mima. Mima...beautful work. I wish I liked to do that. Too many unfinished projects tell me I don't.
Old 08-17-2001, 06:38 AM   #8  

Anne..thanks for the cute smiley hug!

Ally..I could never do without fruit!!!!!! I tried that low carb thing and it was not for me but some people really do well on it. I'm still tying to eat a pretty good balance of things. Hope you can find something that you can live with and makes you feel better! That is what is important..how we feel not how much we weigh, but my joints sure like it when I don't weigh as much!

Mima..so you did not do all the flower work on that piece???? I don't know much about quilting can you tell? It sure is a nice though, she must be thrilled with it! I always hated parting with my stuff too, sometimes I didn't!

Joanne..hope yur upper respiratory is better.i..s that asthma or something else?

Meme..I tried that way of copying and pasting..sure is alot of work..you have to click the mouse six times to copy and six time to paste and address! I think I will do the typing....I keep hitting the wrong box in the corner and closing the dumb program! Now if I were a wiz like you............... Loved the little old lady joke and the flasher

Here are some of my roses..can't you just smell them!

Last edited by Candicej; 08-17-2001 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:10 AM   #9  

Default Hello

Those roses!!!Absolutely beautiful-your gift to others Candyce.What I did on that piece was make a tiny x for every little spot with thread-there are 1000's of them. Every bit of that is a stitch and then outlined.I learned a lot of new stitches. Anhow-I'll have to work on one for my daughter some day.I woke up with ear pain so I definitel need to go to the dr. I hate antibiotics-I am so prone to yeast but I probably have an infection and I am wheezing also/Message from God really cute-no-I didn't get an e-mail.Also-I love that joke Meme. Hope I can remember it to tell to my girlfriend.My grandaughter is going to stay for 2 days next week-I said I'd get her an outfit for school so that will take a while.Have a nice day everyone. Mima
Old 08-17-2001, 09:56 AM   #10  

Mima. If you have to take an antibiotic, and you get a yeast infection, try going to the health food store and by some Acidophilus. This is a probiotic and will kill the yeast bacteria. The problem with antibiotics is that is kills ALL bacteria, good and bad. By taking the probiotic, it puts back the good bacteria so it can fight the bad bacteria - a little war going on in there. You take the probiotic a couple of hours AFTER the antibiotic, so that you don't interfere with the work the antibiotic is doing. Hope you feel better soon.

Candice - Mima didn't make a quilt. It is a picture - not sure if it is petit point or cross stitch. Perhaps Mima has said in another post.

Love the roses and yes, I can almost smell them.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:05 AM   #11  

Daughter and son-in-law are going to Calif. for a week. They leave tomorrow morning so we will have Ross and Jenna starting tonight until next Thur. night or Fri. morning...depending on what time their plane gets in. I love them both to death but I really dread the next week. Hubby will have to sleep with me for a week and I don't do well with someone else in the bed with me...I don't sleep very much, anyway and someone else moving around makes it worse. On top of that, I will have to get up earlier and get Ross ready for school each day...it is going to be a very long week!

Candice...sorry you are having so much trouble with the label program. I love mine and wouldn't think of using anything else. I haven't had any problems with it...if you think it has a glitch in it or something...send it back before you invest anymore time in it!!! My VCR in the kitchen ate another tape this morning. I taped all of Jenna's favorite programs off the TV yesterday so I could just pop in a tape for her and had to throw the whole thing away! Hubby has cleaned it 3 times but it is still eating them...and now days it is almost as cheap to just buy a new one rather than having one fixed. I may buy another one this weekend...I have a TV in the basement that will only go to 13 without a VCR but will get all the cable channels WITH a VCR so I may move it down there just to run the TV through and not put tapes in it!!!

Did I tell you all that I took my Mom to the Dr. this week and he didn't find anything wrong with her? Said her ears looked perfect and everything. That was a real relief! We are planning to go to Fall Creek Falls Labor Day Weekend and I've been afraid to tell her. She doesn't like it when I leave. I just know she will get "sick" and keep me from going. (She has a knack for getting "sick" when she "wants" to!) My daughter lives on the other side of her and she is going to be gone, too so Mama will be here alone...she is going to have an absolute FIT when she finds out!!! I really need to get out of here for a few days!!! We have reservations at the Hotel in the Park...the balcony overlooks the Lake and there is a very good restaurant right in the Hotel. They have boat rentals so we won't have to take ours...I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by MemeToo; 08-17-2001 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:12 PM   #12  

WEIGH IN..........8 lbs so far. This is about a month. I am ok with it coming off at this rate cause I know I am not starving myself. Had a salad with chicken in it for lunch out with my boys and didn't even mind that they were eating burgers and fries.
Where is Tootie....my beloved just pulled in and that makes me think of her.
Has anyone ever gone to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland? That is where a friend wants to go in a few weeks.
I just hate to drive. It would be about 5 hours away.
Candice....your flowers are so beautiful. Mine are withering a lot with the hot weather. Even my shrubs and bushes are withering. We had a tiny bit of rain today but not enough.
Meme....a whole week sleeping with hubby. I like to sleep alone too which is good seeing as how I am alone.
Hey Joanne and Mima...........Now I can't remember which one of you is taking antibiotics. I hate that too.
Have a nice weekend!!!!
Happy..........I feel so good on the low carb diet I'm not even thinking about trying a new med!
Old 08-17-2001, 07:35 PM   #13  

Here, here Ally. Great work. That is wonderful. I know that the low carb diet is what works for me as well. I feel pretty good on it, as long as it isn't as extreme as Atkins. I get so tired on it. The Formula - the 40-30-30 diet works well for me. Keep truckin!

It is hot here today as well. Over 90, and believe me, that is hot for here. We have no air conditioning - don't really need it for 3 times a year if that. Not so bad if I stay in the house and go out in the evening when it is a LOT cooler.

Will be gone next week. My hubby is taking a weeks holidays and we will be in and out. I sure miss my hubby when he is just gone for one night! He has been out of town for 1 night for the past couple of weeks. Thank goodness he will be returning to normal after his holiday.

Well, everyone have a great weekend.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:29 PM   #14  

Default Hi

Ally I am taking antibiotic for a upper respirtory infection. If I just sneeze the Dr. will put me on them as everything goes right to my lungs. and because I had staph bacteria pneunonia a couple years ago and almost bit the dust.I feel a lot better today. I walked 4 miles this evening so I guess I will live.Good job with your diet and just eat healthy.
Memetoo- I know what you mean about small children. I don't know if I could handle them . It has been a long time since we have had small children around. I have to tell you that I have never except on rare occasions not slept with someone. My sister when I was young and at home and from there to my husbands bed. When the bed seemed too small we bought a bigger one.
Another good thing to ward off yeast infections is to eat yogurt.
I tried the low carb diets and they did not work for me either. I need a balance in my foods. My sugar would drop and I would have either dizzy spells or headaches.
Candice I wish I could grow roses like yours. Hi Happy, Have some fun this week with your hubby.
Bye girls ...Joanne
Old 08-18-2001, 07:12 AM   #15  

Default Hello

Hi everyone-doc said I don't have an ear infection so I don't have to take an antibiotic.Said I got pain in my ear from TMJ-I know I keep my body tense -hence my jaw. He also gave me a different allergy med. because the other makes me sleepy. We'll see. I was bored so I went to Sam's Club and Walmart and spent Money-nothing I don't need but could have waited -then I hit McDonald's and had a filet of fish and SMALL fries-I realized this am that I miss being in FL. because I am part of a family there-my other 2 kids are single and have their own life-my 2 girlfriends have families-Boohoo-pity pot-Hey Meme-we could split your family-I know there are plenty of people with NO kids and I don't know how they stand it. Maybe this is bugging me because I am going to be 63 next week.Anyways-I am going to walk this morning-it's realy nice out-maybe I can undo some of the damage.And I need to find something to do today.Well-I guess I am venting.I told my girlfriend Meme's joke and she really laughed. Have a good day everyone. Mima
Closed Thread