Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Pointer Sistas Challenge: Week Two

This was a great challenge idea started by Angie. And since it was such a hit last week....we'll continue on this week. We can start the new thread each Monday. Anyway....Here is what it's all about:

The rules are simple... you get to earn 4 points per day, that is a total of 28 points per week. If you get 25 points or more, give yourself a reward. It doesn't have to be big, a new lipstick, pocket book, a pedicure, or time for you, just you.

You can earn 1 point for drinking all your water, 1 point for eating clean, 1 point for your workout, and 1 point for doing what ever you forget or avoid. ie: taking your vitamins, or tracking all your food intake...this is something you can decide.

At the end of the week tally up your points. Make this fun, and remember you do deserve a reward...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm in again. I'm going to keep my challenge list the same: 1 for being perfectly OP, 1 for 64 oz. or more of water, 1 for exercise daily, and 1 for taking a vitamin.

In spite of myself, I lost 2 pounds last week, which makes me very, very happy. All that yard work paid off. Plus, although I wasn't perfect with the food, I did better than I've done for a long time.

I've got my daily food plan all journaled and I'm ready to go. Oh, another thing, I'm fairly sure I'm going to invest in a treadmill again, since that's my favorite exercise. Then I can do upper body exercises on the in-between days.

So what's your plan?
Old 05-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  

I'm ready for this week to be much better!!

Pretty much the same:

30mins of exercise= 1pt.
40oz of water= 1pt.
veggies or fruit= 1pt.
Vitamin= 1pts.

Will WI later on at work if I can get the time to go down to the gym. Really should make it a point to do that!!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I too am in! Mine will be the same...1 pt. for exercise, 1 pt. for 4 bottles of water, 1 pt. for eating clean, and 1 pt. for taking my vitamins. Will tally up my points later but already have my vitamins taken and exercise done. Went to It Figures and got in a good work-out, about 40 mns. Tomorrow I will walk if it isn't raining. Have one bottle of water to drink and my eating is OP! So far so good! Aiming for that 28 pts. this week , or pretty close to it. Weighed in and I am at 202.4 so gained .4 which isn't so bad. I actually thought it would be worse after this past weekend.

JANE...WTG on the loss this week!

MARTI...good luck with your WI! And to answer your question...I didn't get my reward Actually, not sad about it because I knew over the weekend I didn't do so great with the eating. But this is a new week and I am aiming for a reward. Now...what to reward myself with?

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-22-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am in again. Maybe I will do better this week.

1 point for eating OP

1 point for water

1 point for a daily walk

1 point for an extra 15 minutes of any kind of REAL exercise

I lost 1 pound this week, which still doesn't put me back to the 170 I reported on here last summer, but at least it was a loss.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Great idea for starting fresh each Monday!

Please tell me if someone got their reward last week? Is this too hard,,,perhaps we can change it up so its more attainable? Or do we just need to focus and grab that reward?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Angie - great to see you! No, I personally don't think we should make this any easier. We DO need to focus and grab the reward, imho. The guidelines you mentioned last week were right on target!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Reporting in..I got all 4 points today. I got the extra exercise by getting up during commercials and doing some WATP moves along with "stepping" for awhile after my walk. (Up and down the porch step) Eating was really easy for a change today...maybe my body is "getting" that I am doing it some good.

Total points= 4
Old 05-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

3 points in,,can't do the exercise...lol like physically if i can barely walk while shopping for shoes,,,I know I can't exercise. So vitamins, water and food.
And whom ever said they are working for a new mouse,,,good idea,,,I need one too. So heres for a new mouse.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 AM   #10  

Got 3pts today.
Didn't do the exercise...as I'm feeling really awful. It's not an illness feeling...it's a blah feeling. Make any sense?

And I agree....I think this challenge is perfect AS IS. Otherwise...it wouldn't be a challenge.

Angie...so glad to see you!!!

Off to check chitchat.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

I am joining the 3 point for Day one group--no exercise for me either--worked OT and didn't make it home in time to do a workout before the gym closed at 7:30. Too mentally exhausted to do anything at home--vegged out on sofa with DH and went to bed early!!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #12  
ugggg.....

PS: I agree--the challenge is good the way it is--if it is too easy there is no incentive to do it right!!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Default Day one results

I got 4 points yesterday.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #14  

Hi! I'm going to try and get the same thing in today. Try for the same all week and then change it a little next week.

Exercise= 1pt.
40oz of water= 1pt.
veggies or fruit= 1pt.
Vitamin= 1pts.

I did my WATP today and boy....my upper body is outta shape! So I changed my exercise to any exercise instead of 30mins. Now...if I hop on the gazelle this week....I'll go for 30mins.

I'll post my total later on today!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Yesterday was a good day and I got all 4 pts.! So far today I did my exercise (3 mile walk at the park), took my vitamins and have 2 1/2 bottles of water down.

Marti...which WATP did you do? But, yeah, you do get a full work out with those. I haven't done mine in a while though since starting It Figures...I get my arms and legs worked out there, ouch! Never liked or did squats but I am loving them.

I too like the challenge as is. Trying to think what I will reward myself with.

Mon=4 pts.
Tues.=
Closed Thread