Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/248/150

Default please help really depressed

I am really depressed today my husband has to work 6 days 12hrs days, the kids are in school and I am alone. I cant stop drinking soda's I dont eat alot but I drink enought to keep gainning weight. I need a friend someone I can count on to be there for me. thanks suzieq2006
suzieq2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #2  
Tonez Queen

S/C/G: 190/183/135

awww... ill be your friend... how about instead of drinking sodas try cutting it down to 2 sodas and drinking lots of water.. i dont really kno,but i kno how u feel, but in my possition i EAT LOTS when im depressed. Just try to keep your mind off it.. watch a good movie or look at sites on the internet for inpiration. Im sorry that you feel that way. I hope u feel better hun
Tonezqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #3  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Suzie,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough day! I can relate--my dh works at least 12 hours per day and I don't have kids. Boredom can make anybody depressed! I try to stay busy with volunteer work, house stuff, exercise and online activities. But sometimes it's tough.

have you tried diet sodas? I HATED them at first but grew to love them. If you can't stand the taste, try different ones. Maybe do 1/2 regular soda and mix with 1/2 diet soda to cut your calories in half.
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #4  

Thanks everyone for the ideals I will try them all and the soda half and half is a good one that might work for me thanks again
Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #5  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

I am/was a huge coke fan, I detested Diet coke, I wouldn't touch it if my life depended on it. then after I started my diet I wanted pop, so I got a fountain pop that was diet coke. it took a few days to get used to it, but now I can handle drinking it from bottle. I agree with the 1/2 and 1/2 too. but it is just one thing you could challange yourself to do. Another small victory.
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #6  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Damn it! I found that both times I was a SAHM I put myself on a schedule. Not a strict one but gave myself things I had to accomplish everyday. I had the same issue with depression induced by bordom ( I'm assuming). You get really good at being alone. I look forward to it! When I went back to work I really missed doing my own thing everyday. Now I'm doing it again and LOVING it.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #7  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I too having depression problems had a notebook where I put a schedule in for me.
Days to do laundry, gardening and and set up for cleaning.
I added birthdays and gifts to buy and even made lists of gifts with cut outs from flyers.
I set my alarm and chose to stay busy. I was so depressed I could stay in bed all day.
I work a semi full time job now.. some weeks 20 hours some 32. I feel good having something to wake up for.
I have a busy life with kids, a husband and pets and lots of friends. but the depression made me a couch potato...
stay active.. even walking to the mail box is exercise on a down day..
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #8  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

The new Pepsi One really does taste more like regular. (And I don't work for them. :-) ) But I do agree with those who say that after a week or so, you can't even taste the difference with Diet.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

I just discovered that Crystal Light has little packets that you pour into your bottled water! They are awesome! It's called "Crystal Light On The Go" and they come in all the Crystal Light flavors. Plus, it helps me get in my water quoto too. I know how you feel though about pop. I was totally addicted to Diet Coke for years! I can't do that anymore, there is soooooooooo much sodium in pop that if you just stop drinking pop you can easily drop 2-5 pounds in a couple of weeks just stopping "diet" pop let-alone real pop. I still indulge though occasionally, I don't allow myself more than 16 oz. of A & W Diet Rootbeer (sooo good!). I use it kind of as a treat so I appreciate it more.

I like the others' posts about keeping a list. I can easily feel overwhelmed with life in general and I find that on the days that I keep a list, even if I only get a couple of things accomplished on it, I get a real sense of accomplishment which gives me just a little "feel good" boost for the day. I would highly recommend the list making!

Anyway, I wish you all luck with your efforts - I just LOVE this website!
AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #10  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

I"m sorry you're having such a hard time. Boy, can I relate!! I loved Dr. Pepper! I had lap band surgery, so I don't drink sodas anymore but I used to be a sodaholic for sure!

I agree with making a 'to do' list and sticking to it. i did the same thing when i was home all day. when i started back to work (consulting, so it's not full time) it got easier, but i'm still struggling.

I hope you get to feeling better!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #11  
Ivanna Seemyfeet

I was never a diet soda drinker until my husband turned me on to diet Coke with lime. It's pretty tasty! Of course the "old" me used to jazz it up with Vanilla Rum .

Skyy
Skyy1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #12  

thanks everyone your support has helped alot. I am doing better with the soda I am down to one a day.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #13  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

WOW Suzie! That's great! I'm glad you're feeling better!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:04 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Suzie!

I know sorta how you feel. I used to be a stay-at-home-wife. I got down and blue and finally I got out and got a job and I feel much better. Not sure if your able too have a part time job maybe while the kids are in school? Or if you can get a babysitter for when they are not in school?

But it really helped me. I also do not like Diet Sodas. But I saw some mention the Crystal Lite on the go packets. They are great! I like The Lemonade and the Strawberry! I also started drinking lots of water and yes I still have an occasional reg. pop, but not much. Also don't buy it and you won't drink it! That is what I do. I buy one 2 liter and that has to last me.

Also don't know if its still out or not but coke had a product that was just less sugar, not diet. It wasn't bad at all, even hub would drink it! Not sure if it's still on the market or not. But it was pretty good.

Good Luck and Feel free to IM if ya want!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote