Exercise! - You Who!!! Is Anybody There?

View Full Version : You Who!!! Is Anybody There?

mompen
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Just checking to see how everyone is doing!

Post a short bio so we can get to know each other :D

Name: Penny
State: Louisiana
How long have you been at Curves? 2 months
How many inches have you lost? 9.25 in
How much weight have you lost? 5 pounds
How often do you go? 3-4 days a week!

Copy and paste your own answers!

neicey1971
05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi Penny,

My name is Denise and I also live in Louisiana.

Haven't joined Curves yet but thinking about it.

mompen
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome Denise!

I absoutely LOVE Curves! It is a great place to work out and you will always see a new friendly face :) And I love the music!

Josian
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi Penny :)

Name: Josian
State: Nevada

I signed up for a two week trial at Curves last Friday and love it... I had a fight with a piece of plywood on Monday and tore off my big toenail... Went in yesterday, and I did a less-intense workout in my socks. :) I really do enjoy it!

mompen
05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Welcome Ladies!

Stephanieee<3
06-19-2006, 12:14 AM
[B]Name: Stephanie
How long have you been at Curves? 1 week
How many inches have you lost? Havent Weighed-In Yet
How much weight have you lost? Havent Weighed-In Yet
How often do you go? 3 days a week!:carrot: :carrot: B]

Secor
06-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Name: Paula
I now am living in Virginia
I have been at Curves 9 weeks
I have lost 32 inches and 19.5 pounds (Weight Watchers also)
I go 3 times a week and off days I do Walk Away The Pounds
I also do 15 reps of excercises for arms and legs

I have hit 33% of my goal

idest
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Name: Ann
State: New York
How long have you been at Curves? 1 week
How many inches have you lost? Won't know until July 13
How much weight have you lost? Won't know until July 13
How often do you go? 3 days a week

I'm enjoying it. The 30 minute workout fits well into a very busy schedule (I also run/walk three days a week and have a very long commute to work). It's a little hard right now because the c25k training I'm doing combined with the Curves workout leaves my legs screaming... but I know I'll get through that.

mompen
06-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Congrats to everyone!

We are doing awesome!
My UPDATE

How long have you been at Curves? 3 months
How many inches have you lost? 14.75 in
How much weight have you lost? 7 pounds

CurvesALot
06-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi, Ladies! I am a former Curves member starting over. Started working out again on June 12th and so far am consistent and loving it. Feel SO much better already!

Not yet working out on my non-Curves days but will begin this week. I have the Urban Rebounder and also the WATP DVDs plus a bunch of other exercise tapes sitting dusty and unused on my shelf. Intend to stick to it this time and can use some buddies going through the same struggles.

I'm not currently on a diet program but have just been trying to cut back and avoid certain trigger foods. Thinking about going back to the WW point system but don't want to go to regular meetings. I have the stuff. Just need to use it! I'd like to lose close to 100 pounds, so I'm in this for the long haul. And at 58 and with a sluggish thyroid, it ain't gonna be easy!

Name: Marsha
State: Illinois
How long have you been at Curves? Two weeks
How many inches have you lost? Won't know 'til July 12
How much weight have you lost? 8.2 pounds
How often do you go? 3 days a week right now

JennyCap
06-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Hi Ladies! I'm new to this site (as of tonight!). I had my first baby in January and have had a hard time getting the baby weight off (50 pounds!). 24 pounds came off pretty quickly, but the rest have been slow-going. I joined Curves at the end of April and got my first measurements on May 3. Second measurements were:

Name: Jenny
State: New Jersey
How long have you been at Curves? Two months
How many inches have you lost? 10 as of May 3
How much weight have you lost? 9 pounds as of today
How often do you go? 6 days a week

I also work out on a lifecycle, stairmaster, and elliptical machine for an additional 40 minutes (total) every day.

My son takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, and my mom comes to stay with him, which is how I can get all of this exercise in. I am getting measured again in 2 days - I'm hoping for a big decrease again this month! I still don't really see much of a difference in my body, but I feel a lot better.

I have 17 pounds to go to hit my pre-pregnancy weight, and then another 32 after that to get back to my wedding weight. So still 49 to lose total. I'm hoping to be close to reaching that goal by the end of October, when I'm in a wedding.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ost/slider-scale/lb/198.3/140/189.3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

mom2alex
07-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Name: Jenn
State: PA
How long have you been at Curves? 1 1/2 months
How many inches have you lost? 6.75
How much weight have you lost? 3.5
How often do you go? 3 days a week!

Craftinmom
07-08-2006, 09:30 PM

Hi Penny! I just started Curves on Friday so I thought I'd come here and see what others are saying about it. Here's my 'bio', hope this thread picks up a bit!!

Name: Luanne

State: Indiana

How long have you been at Curves? 2 days!

How many inches have you lost? nothing yet, of course!

How much weight have you lost? up to now, 70# on WW but I'm at a stand still for quite a while...my own fault!

How often do you go? plan on AT LEAST 3 days a week

celery
07-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Name: Celery!
State: California
How long have you been at Curves? 3 months
How many inches have you lost? I dunno. I don't measure myself.
How much weight have you lost? 12 pounds
How often do you go? 5 days a week, 3x around the circuit

I like Curves. The people are very nice, I always run into someone I know and the music isn't too abnoxious. You can put as much energy into it as you want to.

Craftinmom
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Just finished my first week at Curves and I'm loving it! It seems to go so fast and I always find people who are talking and having a good time! I went 4 times this week, 2 1/2 times around. It really boosts my energy level too! I wasn't really in the 'mood' to go today but went anyway and after just half a circuit I felt so much better and more energetic!

blue_eyed_one1974
07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Name: Kindra
State: Colorado
How long have you been at Curves? 7 weeks ago
How many inches have you lost? 3 in
How much weight have you lost? 3 pounds
How often do you go? atleast 5 days a week!
I lost more body fat than weight 6 1/2 lbs.
I was also down 1.6 % body fat.
I was pleased with my results since the week before my weigh in I went on vacation and didn't workout at all. It was also the first time I went on vacation and came home weighing less than before I left.

tori34
07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Name: Tori
State: Georgia
How long have you been at Curves? Mid of Jan 06
How many inches have you lost? 14
How much weight have you lost? 13
How often do you go? 3 days a week

For the first three months I was hot n heavy into my diet and exercise routine. However, since the end of March I have not been as diligent in exercising but I still "kinda" watched my calories and what I was eating. I haven;t gained the weight I lost and actually still managed to lose a few more pounds. I guess the slower the weight loss the greater chance of the weight not returning (as easily).

I have started back on my diet (eating plan) and starting going back to curves on a regular basis this week. I went Monday and Tuesday and tonight I am going to switch up by using the elliptical machine. I have 8 more pounds until I am "technically" not overweight but in the normal range as far as body fat but I have 18 pounds until I reach the so called "normal" range for my height.

Anyway, I feel better and love that I can now wear a size and sometimes 2 smaller. I acutally found the picture that sent me to curves in the first place and let me tell you it was a wake up call. I am going to cut me out of that picture and paste it in the journal I am going to start for motivation in my diet and use that journal to release some pent up frustrations when I feel overwhelmed by the daily trials of life as a full time employee, wife, mother, adminstration assistance for my DH's business, housekeeper, cook, etc. Sorry, didn;t mean to vent.

Anyway...good luck all and remember curves is worth it because you are!:)

Beth2374
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Name: Beth
How long have you been at Curves: Joined on Saturday (July 22nd)
Weight/Inches: I won't find out until August 22nd, and I'm trying not to PEEK!
How often do you go: 4-5 times a week is my goal! My MIL goes with me so we encourage each other!!

Reason for Joining: to get healthier... but mostly because I just had to have a hysterectomy and I sat around for 6 weeks and ate myself 25 pounds heavier. That puts me at an all time high since having my last child... and I was disgusted with myself!!