WW Clubs and Groups - Turtles on a Roll #158

View Full Version : Turtles on a Roll #158

mousie
05-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Here is Judy's intro:

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race betweeen the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder

Welcome one and all! :)

Princess1122
05-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... nothing new here... the scale is not budging again and as a matter of fact my home scale shows a gain... but it is coming to the end of week 3 as an ex-smoker so hopefully I iwll eventually get a lower number on the scale... waiting is the hardest part :(

How is everyone doing?

We had contracted for some home improvements to be done on our house, new siding and new windows, of course that was before I knew I was going to be out of a job, but the siding is done and they are supposed to be starting the windows today. My MIL is at the house waiting for them but they have not arrived yet... keeping my fingers crossed that they get it done in the two days that they estimated so that I can get it all cleaned up this weekend.

It is hard to stay positive whens things are not going as you hope :?:

Have a great day all!
Princess

bandit2
05-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone:

Long weekend for us up here. 1st one of the season.

More challenges! Think we will open trailer Sat & get that organized & buy some basics.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well & have a great weekend.

Bye for now.

Princess1122
05-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Morning all!

Well it is Friday and tomorrow is another W/I... really hoping for a wonderful W/I this week, it would help to lift the spirits :D

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful weekend!

Princess

mousie
05-20-2006, 11:02 AM
WOOHOOO ARIANA! Way to go!!! :cb::cb::cb:

You must feel so fantastic, halfway to goal is GREAT! Go out and celebrate today...get your nails done, or maybe your toes! Get your brows waxed or a new haircut or a new color...maybe a long luscious massage! :dancer: Or hey...maybe sleep in, considering the week you've been having! :lol:

Way to go, Ariana! I'm thrilled for you!

(She posted back in #156, but let's keep the new thread going...yeah, I know I can't count, I made this one #158! Oops!)

Princess1122
05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Well it is week four of not smoking and that is going really well and I lost 2.8 at W/I on Saturday... very happy about that! So it seems that I am back on track and we walked almost 5 miles last night, boy was I sore when we were done and it took me like 5 minutes to get out of bed this morning :D

How is everyone else doing?

Princess

mousie
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Yay Princess! I bet your body is soooooo happy without the smokes...that's a tremendous gift to give yourself. :) And such a fantastic loss! Now I'm going to envy you. :)

I'm surviving. It's lab final week (I have three, this week) and I'm extremely worked up about them. Eeeeeesh. By friday I'll be fine...and onto studying for the written finals NEXT week! But I just have to get to the 31st, and then I'm golden. Please please please! :crossed:

How is everyone else doing? :)

Princess1122
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Mousie: So what are you taking in school? are you working towards a degree? Good luck, I'll bet you will do great but I know the pressure you are under... I finished my degree last year and boy the stress was just crushing. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate them.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Princess

Ariana2000
05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Princess - I wrote a long note on the last thread Turtles #156 with a few tips from someone who just got done job hunting 7 months ago (me...) Congrats on the recent loss!

Mousie -- thank you, thank you, thank you! :D I took a day off of work and sewed like crazy. ;D Good luck with your finals!

Princess1122
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Ariana: I got that post and printed it off, thank you very much for the info, a few of those I knew but some were news to me so many thanks! I have an interview on Tuesday afternoon, the job may be a step down so I am not sure if it is something that I will take but the practice that I will get at interviewing again will be helpful and you never know what they may have to offer me :D could be my dream job in disguise!

Princess

Itryharder
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
First of all, thanks to Mousie for picking up the Turtle banner and running with it and starting our new thread! :goodvibes:
For whatever reason, I had trouble getting into our site and couldn't post, etc.
So much has happened since I last got here.
Ariana :cp: :bravo: :cp: for getting halfway to your goal. This is fabulous and fantastic.

Mousie, :idea: I'm sending you a :grouphug: to study hard and do great. You always do! :cp:

Princess, you're handling a lot of challenges, job loss, home improvements ordered, with a lot of elan. Good for you. And to lose 2.5# on your Saturday WI and keeping up with your exercise while giving up smoking is amazing. Wow :hat: :cheer: wonderful. You're doing great.

Bandit, I hear you about the challenges of the holiday weekend. Here we go again. New season, but always a temptation to eat. We social butterflies just need to think it through. :cp: for all your attention to what you need!

I'm just back from NC and my visit with my sisters. EAting wasn't great, but the company was and I never binged. I tried to make good choices and now that I'm back home I'll be on track again. Eating was better than it's been in the past and that's good.

I'm going to check out the posts I missed while I was away. You all take care, do well, and :grouphug: think of all the turtles.
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
05-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Judy: Welcome back, you were missed!

Hi all!

Another beautiful day here in Indy although they say that rain is on the way but the weekend is supposed to be nice so that is a good thing!

Heading up north on Friday morning to help my mom with a few things and then will head home on Saturday evening to spend Sunday with my husband... it is our second wedding anniversary so spending the day with him is top priority. Have the fridge stocked with lots of good stuff for the grill and such for the holiday weekend... so we should be in good shape there.

Have to run but will check back later on.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone:

Sounds like everyone is doing great and moving forward. Hoorray!!

Well, the trailer is opened, stocked up with basics & lawn cut. So was happy to get that done. Weather up here last weekend was cold & rainy (even hailed for a short time Sat) but we survived.

Congrats Princess on your weight loss & with the smoking - you are really doing fabulous & I am very proud of you!

I haven't been doing the greatest with my eating, but not the worst either.

Anyway, have a great "turtle" day & drink you water. Bye for now.

Ariana2000
05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Princess -- I figured you would know some of them, but there's no way of knowing *which* ones. I'm glad that it was helpful. :D Another good tip is to back up some of your statements with background (for example -- Q: Are you experienced at reverse-engineering databases? A: Yes, I do have some experience -- for example, I reverse-engineered and documented my company's in-house database for the purpose of generating new analytical queries and assisting in future training.) Good luck in the interview. Practice definitely makes better! :D

Judy -- great to have you back! Thanks for the congrats! I am so excited! :D And congrats to you on better eating while you were away -- it sounds like you weren't completely satisfied with the results, but not binging just because you're away is important. It's taken me a long time to reign in that urge to go nuts when on vacation/a trip/visiting family, and I still slip, but it does get easier every time, doesn't it?

Bandit -- what is the trailer for? Are you going on a trip? Sorry to hear you're having eating troubles, but "not the greatest" is still better than "the worst." It's all about improvements, right?

As for me, work is mad, mad, mad. Our projects take months, and often overlap, so my three projects (I'll call them H, W and C) are all high priority at my company, and as soon as I think I'm almost done with C and can move back to H, W comes back to bite me in the rear end. I get anxious with all of the pressure...I think that if I didn't have the reinforcement of losing weight gradually but steadily for the last several weeks, it would be much harder to resist the siren song of comfort food...that, and if I didn't exercise a lot, I'd be a basket case. I find that, with the rich/comfort food, I'm better off not having any rather than having a little (if I have a little, say a tiny piece of cake, and more is available, I will compulsively want to eat more). ANYWAY, just sort of babbling my stress out to my lovely supportive turtles.

Tonight is my weigh-in night and I have been quite hungry for several days now, even though I still eat the same amount of points, which is usually a sign that I'm going to lose weight, so wish me luck. I'll let you ladies know how it goes.

Take care of yourself, and let me know how things are going!

Ariana2000
05-25-2006, 01:53 AM
OMG ladies, I did it! I hit 40 pounds! I lost 2.2 pounds at WI this week, which brings me up to.... DRUMROLL PLEASE...40 pounds lost! What a milestone! I have NEVER in my life lost this much weight, and I haven't been this skinny in at least 5 years! OMG! I have to say all of the support has helped, although it was still tough work, it is worth it, and you ladies helped me along, so I had to tell you guys right away! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Princess1122
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Ariana: That is just too cool and I am so proud of you... that must just be a great feeling to be skinnier then you have been in a long time... can't wait to feel that myself :D Anyway.... good job!

Princess

bandit2
05-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Good morning turtles:

Ariana - congratulations!!! That is absolutely fabulous - good for you.

The trailer is a rv - the kind you sleep in, we have that instead of a cottage.
It can be pulled behind a vehicle if we really wanted to travel with it, but it is pretty big so we have it at a trailer park on a permanent site & go up throughout the summer.
It is fully functional, flush toilet/shower/fridge/stove & can sleep 6 easily.

Anyway, tonight I have my w/i and it is not going to be pretty. But, I have missed the last 2 so am definately going to face the music and be accountable.

Anyway, have a good day.

mousie
05-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Ariana, fantastic! I'm so excited for you...and since you can do it, I can do it too! (Mine's a lot further away, but you're inspiring!) :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Turtles, I PASSED MY LAB TEST!!! :faint: I've been stressing about this for TEN MONTHS, seriously, really, honest to god, since last July. I PASSED!! WOOHOO! Life is back on track! :cb: :cb: :cb:

My weight is about 271--so right about where it has been. I'm maintaining, but now that THAT great weight is lifted off my shoulders, I'll have more energy to put to losing again! :) :) :)

bandit2
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Good morning, Turtles:

Mousie - great news for you! What a relief that must be - stressing over things for such a long time certainly takes it toll on concentrating on other things. So, nice to get past that & onto focussing on your goals.

I went to my w/i last night & was afraid of results. But I was exactly same as 2 weeks ago so I was relieved about that. And as I said I was not very careful, so I must have actually lost a few this week to maintain.

I am going to curves shortly and will eat proper this weekend. Sunday night we have a dinner show to go to & I have ordered roast beef for myself and will plan ahead accordingly for that (I know I will have a couple of drinks).

Take care everyone & keep up all the good work.

Bye for now.

mousie
05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Yay for you, bandit! Maintaining for a couple of weeks is great, especially when you were nervous about it. It sounds like you've got great plans for the weekend, too. :cheer:

I weighed in at 270.0 this morning. Basically where I have been, but now that I know I'm past my lab test (I still have the written final, next thursday) and I'm almost at the end of my semester, I can start making plans! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep on keepin' on, Turtles! :)

Ariana2000
05-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Princess -- thank you! Yes, it is an extraordinary feeling. And trust me, you'll get there -- and we'll be here to celebrate with you! :D

Bandit -- thank you! I'm so excited! Being half way there makes the rest feel even more accomplish-able (not a word, but you understand what I mean.) I understand now about the trailer home. It must be nice to have a home away from home, a place to get away. That's how I feel about my family's home, about 2.5 hours away from me. It's almost like, by getting away from your daily surroundings, you can get away temporarily from a lot of the stresses.

Mousie -- thank you very much! You absolutely CAN do it. I know that when I started WW, at 206 pounds (more than my mother, the horror!), 40 pounds seemed a long way away. But the support from my ladies here, and being good about counting points most days of the week has paid off in a big way. I plateaud for a long time, and why? Because I worked out less and I didn't count points. BTW, major congrats on passing the lab test! Listen, maintaining during finals is OKAY. Finals are so rough. And you can get back on track afterwards -- it sounds like you're already on your way!

I'm going home this weekend, ladies, so I'll see you Tuesday!

Princess1122
05-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Well I had a wonderful and very busy weekend! My husband and I bought bikes for our anniversary presents and we had a ton of fun tooling around the neighborhood for the past couple of days :D

I have a busy morning so will have to stop back later on to catch up but I weighed in up north in South Bend while I was away and am down another 3 lbs so things are going well :carrot:

Princess

mousie
05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Princess, you're the speediest Turtle ever! We'll call you Turbo Turtle from now on. :) Bikes sound fun! Make sure you wear your helmet every time you go out. :nono: Take it from me--a brain injury is NOT fun, you really don't want to go there!

I missed your question earlier, so I thought I'd answer now. I'm working my way through a licensure program for Physical Therapy Assisting. I already have a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, but I decided not to go to PT graduate school (not at $40k/yr for 3 years! OUCH!). So I'm doing the Assistant program at a local community college. Once I do that and take my state boards, I can work. :) I have 1.5 more classes and then 300 hours of internships left to do--after my two written finals this week! :faint:

My weight is holding steady at 270 (yes, I weigh every day. I know all the arguments, but for ME it works better to keep a daily tab on things. I know how my body fluctuates). It's been bright and sunny and beautiful here for the last few days, and I hope summer's going to be like this. 70 and sunny--that's why we pay to live in Southern CA. :)

Hope things are going well with the other Turtles, check in soon! :)

Princess1122
05-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Mousie: I weigh almost every day also... I want to catch things that I may be eating or doing wrong as soon as possible instead of waiting a week to find out that it what ever it was that I was eating or doing was not working for my body. Good luck with your schooling... I went to college later in life also... started my Associates at age 38 and my Bachelors at age 40... graduated at age 42... my kids keep asking when I am going for my masters but I still have to figure out a way to pay for the first two degrees ;) .

I hope that everyone is doing well... this is like week 5 of not smoking and all is going really well with that... the walking is going well in the evenings with my DH when the weather permits. We get at least 3 times in a week and that really seems to be helping since we walk just short of 5 miles at a time.

Not much else is new here really... have to run for now but will check back again soon!

Princess

Ariana2000
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Princess: Congrats on the weight loss. I used to love to bike ride everywhere when I lived on campus -- my bike and my computer were my most valuable material assets for those four years (computer for school and entertainment, bike to get EVERYWHERE.)

On my program, I cannot weigh every day. With the Wendie plan, your weight is expected to go up for a day or two after your super high day, and that's normal. It's worked so far. Except this weekend. I went home and went nuts. For some reason, I can control my eating behavior when I'm here in Tucson, but when I go home to see my family...I don't know, it's like I just sort of regress into my old eating habits. I eat, compulsively, all sorts of junk and in large volume. Afterwards, I feel unwell and guilty, and then I do it again. I actually gained .8 pounds this week, and I have been losing or maintaining since March!!! :( :( :(

I wish I could say that I was on my way to the gym to work on losing that weight again, but I'm still at work. One of my projects imploded, and I'm here fixing things. No one is putting pressure on me to do so, but I can feel myself panicking about all of the things that have to get done, so here I am, working on a Thursday night instead of working out. I know that I have to manage my stress better, but as yet, I don't know *how*. I do my best to work out 4x per week. I save the last two hours of every sunday for sewing and pizza (2 pieces, 8 points), my version of stress relief therapy. Part of my problem recently is that I've been given increased responsibility, which means more work, and we have several new people, so I spend a larger percentage of my time helping the new people and doing node management, while I still have the same heavy workload as before. On top of that, ALL of my current projects are priority 1, it's only a question of 1A vs 1C vs 1B. <sigh> It's making me a bit nuts. If I can catch up today, maybe I won't have to work Saturday, but it's unlikely. Plus, I get SO MUCH done when it's quiet here. (I'm waiting for a patch to run while I write this email, but other than that, there are no real distractions. It's just me in the office.) I used to be able to work like that when I had fewer responsibilities, but lately, I feel like I only spend 50% of my time working on my regular job responsibilities, and the other 50% doing management tasks and training. <sigh> Anyway, I guess I'm all wigged out and I needed to rant. The truth is, after this week, I WILL get my butt back on track. If I work late tomorrow night, I can most likely skip Saturday altogether, although I should come in anyway. It would reduce my stress level a lot if I could get caught up. Our problem here at this company is that we have more work than we can handle (and not enough people to do it.) We keep hiring, but it takes months for a person to become truly skilled at this job. Oi. Anyway, I'm hoping to get a lot done tonight (the darn patch is STILL running) and if I put in some extra work over the next few days, I should be able to catch up.

Anyway, I repeat myself, I babbleth, but I am just so stressed out I needed to rant. Thanks for listening, ladies.

Princess1122
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Ariana: I sure hope that your stress level goes down soon... I am sure that you will be back on track in no time... keep the faith :hug:

Nothing going on here today... I am ready for the weekend!

Have to run but will check back in later on.

Itryharder
06-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi Turtles,
I am so amazed and happy at all the success here! Yay! :cp:
I tried to read page 2 of this thread, but I've got dial up and I couldn't get to it--kept getting thrown off. But I can see from the words on this page that Ariana has completely gotten halfway through her goal weight. :bravo: :cheer: Weigh to go! I'm sorry you're feeling stress right now, but you'll work it out. Glad the Wendie plan is working so well for you.
It may be time for me to try that again. :high:

Princess, I second the idea that you are a rip-roaring turtle! You are really applying yourself to give up smoking, exercise, work, have a life, and still lose weight as rapidly as you are. Weigh to go! :cp: :bravo:

Bandit, glad you've got your trailer set up for a lovely summer. Glad you're here and chiming in with your good exercise and diet tips.

Mousie, you're really busy with school. Glad you're doing so well with your exams. Also glad you and dh are seeking counseling to make your marriage stronger. I love a new sentence I just heard: I'd rather face my stuff then stuff my face. Love it! :love: You're doing great to maintain and I feel soon you'll start dropping weight again.

I'm going to weigh myself now, but I think I may have knocked off some top weight. I haven't been able to exercise because of the bursitis at the top of my leg, but it's slowly healing and I look forward to getting into the pool and exercising without overextending myself. I'm still here, still putting effort into this, still trying to get my head straight.
Love,
Judy

mousie
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Good morning Turtles! Judy, it's great to see you here for a moment. Dial-up...wow, how much has the internet world changed in the last few years? When I first got on the net (in 1993) there was no WWW, and our modems were 2400s! :faint: And now dial-up of ANY description is "slow", and everyone's using cable access...:lol:

Ariana, I do not envy you the amount of stress you are under! At least you have some family around to steady you, even if not daily. Take advantage of that! :)

Bandit, it sounds like you're all set up for a great summer. :)

I have finished my last finals (as of yesterday) and I'm free for summer! :dancer: I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic summer, everything's going my way. My weight is still about where it's been--269.5, this morning. We'll see what happens. :)

Let's keep roaring along, Turtles! :)

Itryharder
06-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Turtles,
Glad to hear you so cheerful Mousie! Have a great summer. What fun.
All goes well here. I knocked off a little weight and now have a new goal set to "release" 5 pounds. Once that's done, I can "release" 8 pounds and be back to 200 pounds. When that happens, I'll need you all to talk me into getting into the "onederland" mode. I've been there twice in the past couple of years and always sabotage myself. I'll call for you support and I know you'll be there for me. Onward and downward.
Love,
Judy :cool:

bandit2
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Good Monday morning, Turtles!

Nice to have everyone chiming in & hope you all had a great weekend.
BF pool is up & running - had a bbq there last night with his daughter & her family and my dd - so was good time for all.

I have really been bad with my eating & definately have to get back on plan starting today. I feel terrible and have to get a mind-set that just because we are travelling or entertaining it does not give me permission to overdo it.
There is absolutely no reason not to make healthier choices & if people don't like it - too bad. That is how I am feeling today.

Anyway, have a good Monday everyone.

Princess1122
06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Happy Monday all!

Bandit: That is how my husband and I are on this plan... we bring lots of WW friendly items to pitch-ins, when asked to eat out we go on line and get our menus and choices picked out early and if the resturant does not have WW friendly items we ask if anyone would mind if we pick a different resturant... for the most part everyone is ok with it but we are doing this for us and not for other folks so we are not willing to bend too much when it comes to our eating. It seems to be working without too many hard feelings :D

Have to run but hello to all!
Susan

Itryharder
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Princess,
You and your dh are a wonderful duo. You're both working toward good health and keeping that your top priority. I applaud you because you are doing this even though you have an active social life.

Bandit,
You've been able to have spaghetti squash for dinner instead of spaghetti
at your bf's. Now we're in a new season with new parameters and it's a tricky transition. Let's see how many good ideas we can come up with for barbecues.

I'll start:
ff hot dogs and 1pt. buns
fresh fruit for dessert
angelfood cake made with pineapple crushed
90% lean hamburgers on lettuce--no bun
whole wheat pasta salad--make with loads of raw veggies--not much pasta--and top with a little olive oil and vinegar or ff dressing
vegetarian beans are yummy and on Core
corn on the cob is also a Core food--I use Pam spray butter to top it off :chef:

What ideas do you Turtles have?
Hey Lurkers, join in. We've got a dedicated bunch of gals here who are losing weight very nicely.

Ariana, Mousie, Bandit, Princess, and Lauren, take care and have a great week.
Judy

Princess1122
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Morning all!

Well now lets see... as far as a menu is concerned we do the FF Hotdogs and 1 pt buns a lot, they really are very good and real blessing when you may have eaten more points during the day then you wanted to. Boca burgers are also pretty good, much less points then ground beef and with some FF cheese, lettuce, tom and onion on it you can barely tell the difference :D

Love the pasta salad idea! I will have to try that...

Have to run but hello to all!

Princess

mousie
06-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Hmm. We are blessed with living in Southern CA, and have barbecues year-round. We grill beef (either as burgers, or as steak) and chicken.

We also grill our veggies! You can make kebabs, with chunks of chicken/beef, red onion, red&yellow&green peppers, a bit of pineapple, tomato...I suppose you could do mushrooms too, if they weren't so gross and icky and BLEH... ;) We also lengthenwise-slice zucchini and yellow squash, and put that on the grill. Onions, too, are great sliced into rounds and grilled. If you've got stuff that will fall through the grates (like broccoli or cauliflower) you can make a "pouch" out of foil, put them in, fold it up so there's space (not all crushed around the veggies, in other words) and put the packet on the grill, too. Just be careful opening it up! :)

Wow, I sound like...such a know-it-all! :chef:

If I can believe it, Turtles, I'm down a pound and a half from last friday! :faint: Gee, think that class was weighing me down? Sheesh! But it's not official weigh-in day yet, so I'll just be buoyant for now, and keep up with my walking/exercise and food plan (such as it is). :)

Speaking of walking/exercise, in addition to the rollerblading trip that a friend and I are planning to take next summer in the Swiss Alps, a bunch of us are talking about taking a day-hiking trip to Yosemite. No dates set yet, but since it's in CA...and we're in CA...why not take advantage of our beautiful state? :)

Hope you're all ding well, Turtles, talk to you later!

bandit2
06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Judy - thanks for the bbq suggestions & you are right, have to "change gears" for the season & no reason it has to be difficult.
I also like grilled shrimp, all veggies & love corn on cob. I think I mentioned before about doing rice on bbq. Just take aluminum pie plate & put rice & liquid (I just used water & bit of oj) with some mushrooms/onion & stir then cover with tin foil & put on top rack in bbq - stir occasionally. Took about 15 min & was excellent. You can just make it plain or put whatever veggies you like. Nice, easy side dish.

Have a good one. Bye for now.

Princess1122
06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Mousie,

You are blessed, at least during the winter months... it is hard to get good and inexpensive fresh veggies and fruit in the north during the off months. What a treat it must be to grill out all year round, and I bet you can walk outside in relative comfort all year round also? My brother spent a lot of time in your area of the world and loved it...

Have to run but will check back later,
Susan

mousie
06-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Yes, Princess, we can go outside every day, generally without coats. Certainly never with a heavy coat--the heaviest coat I own is a man's wool trenchcoat. I generally keep a fleece with me (I'm usually cold) but that's on top of short-sleeved t-shirts!

The other day I mentioned to my husband that they were talking on the TV about "swimsuit season" coming up, and I didn't actually know when swimsuit season WAS. It's ALWAYS swimsuit season around here! He chuckled and said he thought probably they meant June-July-August. Oh. Whatever. ;)

Anyway. I'm driving with my mom from here to Fort Worth, Texas. We leave tomorrow and I'm not going to be home til midday monday. I've got my eye on ways to help myself through this trip, and I'm packing good snacks (sports bars, almonds, dried cranberries) and gym clothes to take with me. Wish me luck!

take care of yourselves, Turtles, and I'll be back soon. :)

Princess1122
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Safe travels Mousie!

bandit2
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi turtles:

Hope all is well with everyone & Mousie have a great trip.

Went to my w/i last night & was down 1.6# so was happy with that.
Now, just have to behave on weekend. We have a 50th birthday dance to go to Sat night & having dinner beforehand with some friends. Think I will stick to chicken or salmon with veggies & salad - should be safe with that.

Hi to everyone else and have a great weekend!

Bye for now.

Itryharder
06-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Mousie and Bandit,
Thanks for posting new weight losses. Weigh to go!
The ideas for BBQ and bathing suit season are great. Mousie, Princess is right! You are so lucky to have warm weather year round. Thanks for the BBQ tips.
All goes well here. I'm very involved with helping out with grandbaby while dd has a lot of stuff she needs to do. I'm going to start a new thread.

Mousie, God bless on your trip. Princess and Bandit and Ariana and Lauren,
good luck with all you do!
Love,
Judy