Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default struggling

I have been weaning off of sugar this past week or so,,,infact i have almost completely avoided it all.
I think my body is finally noticing, and is kicking into withdrawls,,,Im feeling anxious and just want to binge,,,I can't even say what cause Im worried I will just become obsessed with whatever it is. Im an all or nothing,,,so cant even have atiny piece. I have been tossing and turning since about 4 am...anyone ever go through this?
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Lots of times, Angelia. Is it just processed sugars you're avoiding? If so, can you have a piece of fruit or something? Have some water... go for a walk... focus on your inner strengths...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've never given up anything long enough for withdrawls to kick in . . .I still have my caffeine and my *****. I'm sorry, I can't offer any advice, but here's a hug for you I'm kind of a all or nothing kind of gal myself. But sometimes I can eat one little piece of ***** and be okay with it. But that's a rarity.

I edited myself, because I definitely don't want to trigger you!!!

Just take a DEEP breath and relax. Remember how giving into a binge will give only temporary satisfaction, and then you'll feel guilty and weak. You are stronger than sugar!! Don't give in.

Much much much luck!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Angelia,

Been there, done that. It's a lousy feeling!!! I've tried 2 different ways of dealing with it. I've tried eating something with nutrasweet in it---like sugar free jello. BIG mistake for me! It just made my binge monster more aggitated.

Another thing I've tried, with better success, is to have a protein snack. Egg whites and tuna or a slice of turkey. Sometimes I'd make a big salad and add some protein. That way I'm getting bulk as well as the protein to curb my hunger. Eventually, the crazy cravings passed.

Good luck!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #5  
Give me strength

I know,,,if I cave in,,,I will feel worse and that is whats keeping me going. I can't have sugar free anything,,,allergic to aspertame,,,as for fruit Ive had 1 pear, plain cheerios, and some carrots. Ive eaten a huge bowl of soup, that had some pasta in it,,,and may go for another piece of fruit. Also allergic to bananas. This no sugar thing bites...

Im so grouchy now I can't even smile..not a normal thing for me. I actually feel like Im itchy,,,or aggitated I(can't spell that) something,,,
I joked awhile ago about winning millions and going to a fat farm,,,and having my very own rubber room...Im feeling not too far from really wanting that rubber room...funny eh? How some addictions just take over your life?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #6  
with my mind on my monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
...Ive had 1 pear, plain cheerios, and some carrots. Ive eaten a huge bowl of soup, that had some pasta in it,,,and may go for another piece of fruit.
I gave up refined sugar at the beginning of 2006 and can definitely relate to your struggle. Like Telemetrynurse suggested, protein definitely takes the edge off of a craving - and from the menu you've posted, it looks like you're severely lacking in that department. Try adding lean meats and/or healthy fats to your diet to see if that helps. It's worked for me for five months now (a miracle if you knew what a sugar-fiend & binger I was before).

Take care & best of luck!
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #7  

Hang in there! I gave up overt sugar on May 1 and that first week or so was rough! Once you get over that hump though, it is much smoother sailing... I promise! I have never been able to stick to any of the low-carb diets, but giving up the out-in-plain-view sugar has helped tremendously. Hang on for a few more days and you will feel SO much better!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #8  
Give me strength

didn't do well,,,ended up having a frapiccino...icy cold,,,and creamy.
Didn't feel good after,

I am so thankful you guys understand how I am feeling..its kinda stupid in away how something can take ahold of you and make you think of nothing else.
will increase my protein. Starting tonight with a chicken breast...
Old 05-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
will increase my protein. Starting tonight with a chicken breast...
That's great, Angelia! Focus on those positive changes, hon. You're going to be alright.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Thank you guys! Total control today,,,have been eating double the protein since yesterday and i would say its working!
Thank you again....*sigh of relief.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #11  

Angelia, how's it going? Is the extra protein still helping?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #12  
Give me strength

Ellis I am feeling so much better,,,the way I was feeling earlier this week scared me. It was like having a really bad allergic reaction to something.
Have been eating alot of chicken breasts...and not feeling weirded out since. I will eventually like to start pulling the bread carbs (white flours) out of my diet but I want to just maintain the sugar less life style for a bit (take off my training wheels) could be a month or more.
I felt pretty good,,,yesterday there was someone from the office who brought in sweets and I just left the room,,,didn't give it a second thought.
Thank you again for you support!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #13  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

Good for you for getting back on track and starting over! If you have any more sugar cravings, here are a few things that might help:

-frozen watermelon slices
- mixed berries
- grapes
- juice popsicles
- fruit & plain yoghurt smoothies

I know these things also have sugar in them, but it's not the gross refined kind. Also, I guess you'd want to stay away from them if you think they'd trigger more cravings.

One thing I really like is peanut butter spread on apple or pear slices. That way you have the sweetness off the fruit to satisfy your craving, and the protein of the peanut butter to stave off more hunger pangs.

Hope this helps a li'l. Take care.
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #14  
Give me strength

Have done that already! Great minds think alike I guess,,,,I love the yogurt and more frozen fruits smookthies. On a hot day as we have been having its like the best treat.