Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Question Neck Exercises???

I know this sounds like a strange one but am hoping someone will have some suggestions.

A couple years ago I had half my thyroid removed and there has always been a small (not very noticeable) indentation in my neck. But now that I am losing weight I am noticing the "hole" seeming deeper and deeper and little bits of "flab" starting to hang below it. Now.. I am wondering if I keep losing weight am I going to have big bags of skin, etc., hanging from my neck and need lipo on my it?

Does anyone know of any exercises which might help with this? Thanks for any input.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  

We do a great one in yoga class. Just make sure you do this at home, with the drapes shut, and no one around, because you will look silly.

Sitting comfortably, look up at the ceiling, open your mouth as wide as it can go, hold that for a few seconds, then clench your teeth, again holding for a few seconds, then return your face to normal, and put your head back to it's usual position. Repeat that three times.

My yoga teacher is 60+ and has the youngest looking neck I have ever seen!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Sitting comfortably, look up at the ceiling, open your mouth as wide as it can go, hold that for a few seconds, then clench your teeth, again holding for a few seconds, then return your face to normal, and put your head back to it's usual position. Repeat that three times.
Wow I can really feel that pulling on the muscles! Thanks!! That ought to do something! And LOL I am getting to the place where I don't care if people think I look silly if I am doing stuff to get in shape!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote