South Beach Diet - Terrific Tuesday Chat

View Full Version : Terrific Tuesday Chat

soon2Bfab
05-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Good morning everyone.....I started my new job yesterday & I was SOOOOOOOO BORED!!! This store does 1/2 the business, which is 1/2 the work, but it makes the day go twice as long. I wanted to pull my hair out yesterday!
Weezle - Happy B-day!
Crockett - great job with the weight loss!
Ruth & Schazti - feel better asap.
Everyone else have a great day on the beach!!

cottagebythesea
05-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Another cool, rainy day here. All the flowers we planted over the weekend are getting a good start, though, so I can't complain. After school today I'm going to assist the girls in baking a birthday cake for their mommy and making some homemade presents for her. Then there's swim lessons later, so it will be a full day. I have the morning off and plan to just cosy up with my book. First, Curves, though!

Soon ~ Oh, I sure hope your new job gets better! I know you were so looking forward to it. Maybe yesterday was just a slow day.

Weezle ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Where are you, anyway? Still having computer problems?

I hope everyone who is feeling under the weather feels much better today. I'll be back a little later with my coffee.

JanaM
05-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Mornin' all. Just a quick pop-in. It's been busy this week, and I'm heading down south for a couple of days to visit family & take the nephews to Silver Dollar City in Branson. Should be a good time.

Soon - Hope things pick up for you at the new job.
Cottage - Have fun baking the birthday cake with the kids.
Weezle - Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday! :hb:
Ruthie & Schatz - How are you girls feeling today?

Schatzi
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Aw :grouphug: thanks fer askin chicks! I dragged myself outta bed this morn... Went to the doctors yesterday- and I have the flu.. bleah... I've got stuff for the runs, stuff fer nausea... stuff fer my schnozz...cough meds...OY!!! Fer the first time I can remember I don't wanna eat??? I MUST BE SICK !! :lol3: Doc says I should be on the BRAT diet fer now... not exactly OP, but :shrug:
I haveta go catch up on all yer chicks postings and come back to chat later!

lottie63
05-16-2006, 09:00 AM
morning all, my cat woke me up. :(

happy bday weezle

Soon: I hate when there's no work to doand itjust seems like day drags on and on and on....

Kelly J
05-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Morning Chicks!
Schatzi - I hope you start feeling better soon!
Soon - I hope the pace picks up for you.
Cottage - enjoy your quiet morning.
Jana - Hope you have a good trip!
Lottie - hope your tooth is feeling better soon.

I made the sirloin tips & mushrooms last night and it was delicious! Made it w/ roasted zucchini and I can't wait until lunch to eat the leftovers. Other than that, just a rainy, rainy day here. Wish I could go home and vedge for awhile.

Ruthxxx
05-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Good morning! Well, semi-good as we have rain yet again!

Schatzi, it sounds like you and I have the same thing! I still have no appetite. I'm off to the doc this afternoon and may get the verdict. Can we pass bugs to each ovther over the Net? Sickie bugs, I mean, not computer ones! :lol:

Soon, I hope your job situation perks up. I know you like to be busy and will be job hunting again out of boredom.

Cottage, rain is good but this is getting ridiculous. However, you are right - it does give the flowers a good start rather than scorching hot days.

Jana, Branson? I've heard a lot about that place from friends in your area. Be sure to give a full report.

Cottage, baking a birthday cake is teetering on the edge of temptation but I'm sure you'll be strong.

Lottie, dentist tomorrow? I hope your pain meds keep on working.

Kelly, I am definitely going to try that recipe this week. Roasted zucchini sounds like it might be good too. I've grilled it but never done it in the oven.

Hershey was sound asleep on the couch last night so I left her there for the night. I didn't wake up until seven this morning - that's sleeping in for me. She was still on the couch when I went downstairs. I think she was pooped from the two hours of gardening we did yesterday. She helped by eating the flowers off the dandelions.

Aside from my garden-fresh asparagus, last night's Lean Cuisine dinner was terrible! It was salmon with whole wheat spaghetti. That part was good but the salmon was skimpy and very dried out. Remind me that home cooking is best. (I forgot to thaw something for dinner.) I have chicken breast thawing as we speak.

I plan to do a bit of potting this morning even if I am doing it in my raincoat. A bit of rain won't keep this gardener indoors!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

beach bum
05-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

ONE MORE TREATMENT TO GOYippeeee!! I'm so excited,to be able to have my life back again.Leo radiation burns on is chest are all gone,and we see the doctor this morning,to let us know what to expect next.

Went on a strict Phase 1 yesterday,and it was a challenge,not being able to eat bread/grain & fruit carbs. I hope this time around I will do better than I did in the past.Will let you know next Monday.

Have to get ready for our last treatment Hugs :) BB

Schatzi
05-16-2006, 09:59 AM
OK TIME TO CATCH UP WITH ALL YOU GROOVY CHICKS!!!!

Kyemom: Glad you are feelin better! I bet it'll be awhile before you have clams again eh?

Sarah: Welcome back from Hawaii! You are GOHJIS and yer DBF is a cutie! Thanks fer posting pics!

Soon: So glad yer done with training! Hopefully with you at the helm, business in that store will pick up...if not, I guess it's a good place to refine yer skills and knowledge before moving on to a bigger store! Yes you have EXEC in TRAINING written all over ya!

Lottie: OY tooth pain... the worst! If you dont want to feel loopy you could try biting down on an aspirin, taste bad but works... if there's a hole there you can make a small cotton ball dipped in whiskey and put it in the cracked area....

Debbie: We had rain the last 2 weeks - finally the weather broke yesterday! All that rain and overcast skies makes me a grump! . We had a tornado touch down in the next town over on Sunday... and we had torrential rain, thunder and lightning...hail the size of quarters come down and high winds...It was our first experience with large hail and tornado watches :fr:

Crocky: Mighty bow huntress Bear hunter :lol3: I love it! man you need some upper body strength fer bow hunting! Do you do cross bow too? I tried it -failed miserably... Tried deer hunting once... I was banned by the Men folk back to the trucks since I shooed all the deer away... I just couldn't "bear" it... I trap and skeet shoot though.. I've got a 12 g Mossberg ...

Smokepole: I hope the doc can help pinpoint why you cant lose.. I know it is so frustrating when you think you are doing everything right :(

Annarenee:We have a King size bed too... and sometimes I think even that is too small... lol... We have 2 little terriers that seems to expand to great dane size when they are in bed with us!

Barb: Sounds like Boyscouts was fun again! I bet you will start to lose more when you and DS go for more long bike rides! Good for you!

BB: German Pork withe Saurbraten gravy!!! Sounds sooooo yummy!!!! What a scare about the tea kettle! I've done that myself... or sometimes I leave the house swearing I left the iron on or the garage open... OY!!!!

:wave: Kiko, Cottage, Catty, Ruth, Stephanie!

lottie63
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
thanks everyone....the pain meds are not working so good today it's totally breaking through but at least it's not as bad as it was without them. it's a dull ache now and just in my tooth, before it was my tooth, under my eye, my ear, my neck and shoulder! Thank god for small favors I guess. ha.

Dentist tomorrow! Wish it was closer and I Didn't have to take a cab. booo!

Oh well.... anyhow, I forgot to excerize my second half of 15 mins last night cuz I slept all day from the pain meds so I guess I'm doing it today. blah. Hope I can stay awake, though sleeping away the pain is nice.

at 10 I"m gonna make some mock french toast. yummy.

lottie63
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
In like the last ten seconds the pain meds kicked in hardcore and my tooth feels much better...wooo!

MsCrockett
05-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Shatzi~ Never have uses a cross bow.. they are illegal here in West Virginia..what do you trap? and Yes I do skeet shoot as well.. anything that keeps me out side..

Soon~ Thank you for your congrats on my weight loss. I appreciate it. Less work demand may be what we all want, but when we get it we get bored,, I hope it levels out for you.. Chin Up.

Beachbum~ One more Treatment,,,,, wooooooowhoooooooooooo... I hope Phase 1 Treats you well.

Cottage, Jana, Lottie, Kelly J and Ruth Good Morning,, and take care,, Rainy and Miserable here, make me have NO energy , plus Aunt Margaret is here for her monthly visit,, icccccccckkk

cottagebythesea
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Lottie, I'm glad the meds are starting to kick in! Tooth pain is the worst!

Schatzi, get well soon! Glad the sun is out in your part of the world. We might see some sunshine later this afternoon.

Ruth, I hope you start feeling better soon, too. Lean Cuisine, yuck! I haven't found any of those dinners that actually taste good.

Good Morning BeachBum, Kelly and Jana!

I just made a Chicken & Spinach Casserole for tonight's supper, it's in the oven now. I'm not sure how long I'll have to work today, so at least that's taken care of. I had a yummy breakfast of Papaya Passion cereal with Greek yogurt and blueberries. I found the cereal at Wegman's in the whole foods section, and it's soooo good! The timer on the oven just went off, so I'll see you later!

cottagebythesea
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
MsCrockett~ a quick Good Morning to ya!

Bellatexas
05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey all, im new to this board and need ome serious support and help thru this, im hoping i am welcome here and can get some help that i need...
thanks...
janelle

MsCrockett
05-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Janelle~Welcome to the beach,,,, just hop in an start posting,, I will help you any way I can,,, are you on Phase 1 and.. how long ?

Barb0522
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
MsCrockett - I used to love archery when I was a Girl Scout. Yesterday I was offered the opportunity to take the Class 1 archery certification training (so I can teach archery to cubs). I'll be taking that in June right before camp. I don't know if I'll ever teach it since we usually have enough instructors but it sounds like fun.

lottie - I am surprised they couldn't get you in sooner. You may need an antibiotic when you are treated. I hope you don't need a root canal. I've had quite a few. It gets so expensive when they have to do both a crown and a root canal.

schatzi - I hope you feel better soon. BRAT can be mostly phase 2. Bananas are allowed, just use Uncle Ben's converted rice or brown rice, make the applesauce unsweetened and the toast whole wheat.

beach bum - I'm so glad that Leo is almost done with his treatments. I've kept you guys in my prayers.

ruth - I'm just never satisfied with frozen dinners. I've got my pork down for Mu Shu Pork tonight. Have fun gardening.

kelly - That does sound good!

jana - I would love Branson but DH and I don't agree on the same type of music so I doubt if he would enjoy it.

cottage - I wish we had some of that rain here. Water rationing is starting in a couple of weeks but we've already cut back the sprinklers. DH was nice enough to hand water the vegetable garden for me last night. My squash flowers were starting to droop!

soon - It seems like my job goes from not enough to do to not enough time to do everything. I'm trying to relax a bit while I can we are getting ready for 3-4 very busy months if the releases get released as scheduled.

Me - I called on my treadmill yesterday and the lady told me where to find the instructions to adjust the belt myself (and she's mailing me lubricant too) so we got the belt slid back where it should be and Brian and I got to walk on it. This was after an hour at the gym so I feel good about it. Tonight is a cub scout committee meeting but I might be able to fit some exercise in first.

Barb0522
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the beach, bella! We'll help any way that we can.

MsCrockett
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Barb~ I wished you lived closer.. our family owns Amos Run Hunting Club here in West Virginia and A lot of Women are in the Women of the Outdoors, throught the Wild Turkey Federation, and we have a get together on a Weekend in July and Several want to learn to shoot bows.. I need to find about 5 or five that are in the 25 to 35 lb range,, for them to use.. And I could sure use an helper with this... if you want to see what we do go to amosrunhuntingclub.com We have some beautiful pictures of West Virginia there,, 15,000 acres... I love it there, one day it will be all I need to do. and live my life doing what I love.

Gotta question... I am thinkin about maken french toast,, 2 pieces of bread, dipped in egg.milk, and cinnamon, with smart balance and sugar free syrup.. Has anyone tried it, and did you get any cravings afterwards..

Wannabe Hotmama
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Good morning all...
Today is day 2 of P1. Did good yesterday. I wasn't even hungry. I did miss my ketchup though... gotta find the recipie for the home made. So far this isn't as bad as I thought. I know, I know, I'm just beginning.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

kyemom
05-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Morning Beach babes!!! Sounds like most everyone is doing well this morning..Schatzi- take care of that flu hon...no fun :(
I have a question for you all that is not SBD related.
Here goes:::
We are looking at a some land to buy and build a new house. This land is a ways out in the country (further than we are now)...any way...I really don't want to have to drive all of the way into town to work if we move out there. Anyone have any ideas of at home jobs that I could do? Thanks for any input!

kyemom
05-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the newbies too!!!

MsCrockett
05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
not sure what all you can do Kyemom,,,, Medical Transcriptionist., Web page designer, Ebay.

little chick
05-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Good day chicks- I am sitting here at work and thought that I would pop in and say "Hello" I am feeling comfortable enough now that I can bring up the internet and not get caught. lol - I have missed you guys- I see there is lots of new chicks sitting on the beach these days. Gotta to run getting a call in--- I will check in again later. Hope everyone has a great day.

Stephanie Osborne
05-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey gals, I am a busy bee working away here in Colorado. Today I am recommitting to myself and my goals. I have been having a rough time lately and I am sick of settling. Gotta get a run in today and try to stay OP :)

soon - well at least you will get some rest. It seems like with your old job you were going going going all the time.

cottage - Thats so cute that you are helping them bake a cake for her birthday. You always sound like you get to have so much fun with the girls!

JANAM - Have fun on your trip.

schatzi - So sorry to hear you have the flu, I think my hubby has it too...I know how miserable he is and I can only imagine how you must be. I hope you feel better.

lottie - Morning. I had an ache like that, turned out I had an infection...they put me on some antibiotics and it felt sooo much better.

kelly - That dinner sounds delicious...and way more OP than my pasta.

ruth - now that is hardcore gardening...in the rain :)

beach bum - good luck with your last treatment.

mscrockett - like your long hair in your avatar!

bellatexas - nice to meet you janelle, I think you will like it here.

barb - Sounds like you did awesome on your exercise yesterday!

kyemom - I know of a couple of hom jobs. Check out alpineaccess.com (customer service for office depot) and service800.com (following up on service calls for IBM, Lexmark, GE)

little chick - have fun at work, dont work too hard!

MsCrockett
05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Stephie~ my hair is about two inches from touching my butt.. I am working on putting my before pic with this one.

Schatzi
05-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Crocky: I trap nuthin! I trap and skeet shoot clay pigeons... well, should say I use ta, I haven't done it in about 6 years... but I loved it!

Barb: :frypan: :kickbutt: WHAT WAS I THINKIN!!! BLAME the meds! yes BRAT can be SB friendly--thanks!!!!

Littlechick: We've missed ya doll! welcome back! :hug: :)

Stephie: hope DH gets over his bug quick! today I felt well enough to shampoo the carpets and general cleaning...now Im off to the bank and the grocery store-- need lots of kleenex.. I'm ready to just shove two up my nose and just leavem there...:dz:

pearshape
05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey chicks! Just a quick check in. CA is great! Yesterday I spent all day hanging out with my sister and brother. It was fun. Sunday I cooked Mothers Day dinner for his Mom and family. I made lasagna, salad, and berry crisp. Everything was OP except the white lasagna noodles but I only used 6 noodles and got like 12 servings out of the lasagna. None of the stores carried ww lasagna noodles. Weird for So. CA when practically every grocery store in KY has all kinds of ww pasta everywhere. I'll have to find some good stores to shop at when I move back out here for good. But anyway, it was a good chance to suck up to my future mother in law :D !

Eating has been mostly OP. We found a whole turkey breast for $3.50 at the store the other day. I marinated it in olive oil and lemon juice plus a bunch of spices. It came out so delicious and juicy! Yummy! I'm going to freeze the rest for camping this weekend. Have a great day chickies!!!

kyemom
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Stephie...I will look into that!!!

beach bum
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Gee!! Its feels great not going to the treatment center anymore everyday, until next month for follow=up Day.

Happy that I'm doing Ok on the 2 day of Phase 1,don't have that hungry feeling.I like to move that ticker downward instead of the oposite dirrection it was going in.

ThanksMs Crockett, Barb,Stehpie and all you wonderful ladies for all your support & prayers for my DH.

MsCrockett-I hope so too, that Phase 1 will work for me. I had an appointment with my doctor,for a checkup and I told him I was having something like night & day sweats,but they're not the menopauce thing, he told me that my adrinulin [sp]was running high caused by the stress I was having over DH.& thats why my weight is up.

Have a nice evening

Hugs :) BB