Old 05-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #1  

Cool New to 3fc. Want to stay encouraged!!

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie. We live in Florida and I turned 40 this year!! I have been a Christian for 20 years. I am sitting here this Monday morning, just coming home from a vacation to Orlando (a blast) with my family. We had a great time, but the family photos....oh my. I have been heavy for 10 years, but I still go into shock everytime I see a picture of myself! So, I am going to make a committment to lose 70 lbs! I am ready. I really need to committ to exercise!!! ANy help will be appreciated! Blessings, tendergras
tendergras03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

join us at Christian Encouragers 214 and I guarantee you will lose the weight...hummm...or at least be encouraged! and prayed for!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello and welcome! I just turned 41 in April! I started my weight loss journey in Jan of this year ... I felt like the Lord had been telling me for quite some time it was time to get healthy..... so through prayer and lots of it I decided 2006 was going to be it! so far I have lost 40 pounds and still going , I have 60 plus more pounds to go before my big goal, this phase of my goal is to be 200 pounds by July 3rd and then I will give myself another little goal, anyway there is lots of encouragment here and wow the insperation of aall of the other posters !! amazing to say the least!.

God bless and take care.
higherfaith
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160.5/158.5/135

There is a Christian website called settingcaptivesfree.com they offer a course called the Lord's Table. Today was my 8th day doing the course and I highly recomend it to any and all Christians who are struggling with weightloss or any eating disorders.
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:33 AM   #5  
melissa.chickie

S/C/G: 348/331/236

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the link provided for settingcaptivesfree.com!!! I just signed up and am going to start today!

Melissa
melissd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #6  

Talking thanks for the posts

Hey all, thanks for the posts! I have been doing pretty well this week. I am doing "Turbo Jam" 3 days a week and strength train 2 days aweek. Oh, and getting sleep certainly helps!

I will look that website and look into the 214 thing. By the way, how do I obtain the scale I keep seeing?? Thanks and many manifested Blessings, Tendergras
tendergras03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #7  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Want to stay encourged

Hi - There is nothing like looking at yourself in a photo. I have seen some rather frightening photos of myself. Not to worry. One day at a time one pound, ounce, inch - you will do it. You will feel better too. Whatever plan you choose - choose one you can live with.
Joan Fay
joan fay is offline   Reply With Quote