Carb Counters - ~Firecracker on the fourth Challenge~

bnbsmommy1
05-14-2006, 07:17 AM
The day of weigh is July 4th, what is your goal and what's your reward when you hit that goal??
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Post menus here :)

nasus40
05-14-2006, 08:22 AM
HHHMMM goal will be 200 that should give me incentive. it will mean work and no slack but not to tough that it can not be done with will power!1 thanks for having me think this one out !!!

needtolose4me2
05-14-2006, 09:27 AM
OK I'm going to shoot for 155.
Just thinking about that sounds great! Yippee! I can't wait! I'm a bit nervous because I have only been setting small weekly goals. But I'll give it a shot!;)
And we're off!!!:carrot:

Falon
05-14-2006, 10:07 AM
While I was hoping to reach my goal by July 4th since we will be on our way to D.C. I think I might be a bit more realistic with 150 - 155. If I hit my actual goal of 145, even better.

I have said all along that the Smithsonian is my reward for all the hard work. I still plan on that being so! :)

SherryA
05-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Well I had goals for 199 by the 7th of July, but my weight loss has slowed and I've been slacking too much to hope to make that, so I think I'm going to get a little more realistic, while at the same time pushing myself TOWARD a goal. I think maybe 223. That's about 20 pounds from now, and probably isn't realistic either, but is a lot more doable than 44 pounds. (My weight is settled right now at about 243).

Even 232 I could be satisfied with. I've been to both of these places before in the not too distant past. I felt better that much smaller, some of my clothes fit at that weight, so if I can get there I'll be content for awhile. Once I start getting into new areas I'm not going to be as confident that it CAN come off. This next 20 pounds can, and will, that I know. Now I just have to make it happen.

Ciarra
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
And more toned looking at that.
My reward, shopping!!!!!

missmuffet
05-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Reading over this thread has got me a bit excited. I think I'll join the challange.

My highest weight was 297 a few years ago. I've been walking around at 274. My lowest last year was 259 and 262 back to 259 to 262 to 259 to 262, and finally I gave up and gained to 274.

So, I think I'll aim for 255. That way I can get as far away from the 260s as possible. So, if I gain, I'll still be out of the 260s.

I'll be happy right now to lose 19 lbs. (Heck, even 10 lbs. would be great.) Then I'll stop dieting again for awhile.

I love food too much. I don't like depriving myself of anything. When I limit myself, I just feel so deprived.

My reward? Hummm......I don't know........either a day trip to Atlantic City, or get my hair done, or a piece of jewelry.

So, let's do it.

What? No dancing pork chop emoticon?

:cp: :cheer: :dust: :cp: :cheer: :dust: :kickbutt: :cheer:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/luck02/lb/274/255/274/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

lilybelle
05-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm up for this challenge. I want to be at goal by July 4th. That's 5 more lbs. for me to get to 145. I know 5 lbs. doesn't sound like much, but weight is coming off very slow here at the end . Back to treadmill starting tonite, I have renewed strength that I can reach goal.

AmandaMc
05-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi

I want to join to!! Erm my goal shall be 146 lbs thats a 14 pound loss bringing my total to 19lbs
My reward shall be a new pair of jeans a size smaller, and a meal in my fav restaurant!!
Good Luck to all
Amanda xx

bnbsmommy1
05-14-2006, 06:22 PM
that's a month and a half....I want to be at my goal of 150 on the fourth of July too. I think this will be my most important goal to date as I am REALLY wanting to prove to myself that I'm self disciplined enough to eat healthy foods and not use every excuse to eat junk.

:D :D :D I KNOW that I can do this. I WILL do this. :D :D :D

Good luck to everyone, I have no doubt that each of us can reach these goals if we push each other along

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

my reward: not sure yet...will talk it over with dh :D

Lacey

Obsidianbbw
05-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi, I am still relatively new to 3fc. I am on another 21 day challenege which is helping me make sure I excercise everyday. So the next thing is working on eating. For this challenge I don't want to concentrate on weight. I want to try and stay in induction from now until the 4th of July.

My Goal is to lose 10 lbs which would be me into the 340s.

Here we go.....

tammy1214
05-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm to sure what a realistic goal would be but I will throw a number out there. I weighed in at 256.4 this morning and we have roughly a month and a half to go so maybe 235 will be my July 4th goal....

Sorry I have been so busy with school I'm not around much but I need you guys!

hockeyfan7
05-15-2006, 12:56 PM
My goal is going to be to pick a plan and stick with it. I keep going back and forth between Atkins and counting calories. Maybe I just need to do both.

bnbsmommy1
05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Susan: that'd be very hard on your body, girl...I wonder if anyone else has any experience regarding doing both??

How's everyone doing?!

I'm finding that if I don't eat after 3 that things go really well. I've known a ton of people who don't eat in the evenings and I think I understand why now :)

tomorrow's plans:

breakfast: mexican omelette
lunch: hamburger w/veggie

Lace

nasus40
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I have done both the begining of this year it is tough but if you go for lower fat carbs that means more veggies and less fat eating leaner meats the weight will drop off. I just do not have the dicipline with work stress right now.

BrownEyedJ
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Let's see, I'm hopping back on the wagon so I'm going to say 145, that will give me great incentive. My reward will be fitting back into summer clothes, I can't wait ! :carrot:

needtolose4me2
05-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I have really been re-motivated by this mini challenge! I'm lettting my water intake slip tho. so I hope that won't affect me this week. I have to get it back up to 8 glasses. Other than that doing good
breakfast 3 egg omellete with mexican cheese
lunch tuna with mayo on lettuce
dinner grilled salmon with sauteed peppers and onions (not the best choice of veggies I know, but it's all I had in the house.
been tempted to whip up some heave cream with sugar free chocolate mix for a mousse but I think I'll try to get by without it.
have a good night!:)

rebeleagle1965
05-15-2006, 10:13 PM
My goal for the fourth will be 160-about 20 lbs to lose. Sounds like alot, but if I can keep it up the way it's been I might be able to do it! We are originally from Louisiana, and we're going back to visit around that time, so my reward will be some new clothes to show off to everybody that I've taken off lots of baby weight-45 lbs of it!

activeadventurer
05-16-2006, 10:10 AM
I would like to join the challenge. My goal is to exrecise at least an hour at least 5, preferably, 6 times a week. But 5 will do.

Susan, I have been doing Atkins but cutting down on some portion sizes and have found I have much less flutuations up and down in my weight. It also cuts out the carbs or calories debate from waging in my head

Denise

lilybelle
05-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I am on Atkins and have been since the start. I tracked my calories for 2 weeks just to see what they were and it was 1200-1400 calories a day. I don't eat a whole lot of fats but love my ranch dressing. I try to keep my carbs at 20-25 a day.

bnbsmommy1
05-16-2006, 02:09 PM
lilybelle, sounds like you're doing awesome with both the calories and the carbs :)

welcome new challengers :)

I've done ok today so far, salad for breakfast and lunch (I'm out of groceries!) and I'm drinking a 12 oz. diet coke and should be drinking water but oh well :)

Got in four miles this morning :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

How are you all doing??

tomorrow:
b: steak!
l: taco salad

Lacey

rebeleagle1965
05-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Today-
Breakfast-3 slices bacon 1 egg
Lunch-Pepperoni & Ham baked with cheese
Dinner-Small Salad & Grilled Beef Sausage

I'm starting to do better with my water....I hate the bland taste, so I've been taking a tiny wedge of lemon & squeezing it in like they do in restaurants-it's much better to me that way. One lb already gone from yesterday!

hockeyfan7
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Today I had bacon and eggs and cheese for breakfast. I had a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese, turkey and ham with ranch dressing and 1/2 cup strawberries for lunch. I had a power bar protein plus carb select (what a name) 1/2 before the gym and 1/2 for an afternoon snack.

I drank my 8 glasses of water.

I did 70 minutes on the treadmill and did my strength training.

needtolose4me2
05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Wow Susan! That's great! I had to have to post mine following that!
I'm afraid that I'm not going to do good this week.
I am volunteering at the school book fair all week and am having problems getting my water and meals.
breakfast 2 eggs with cheese
lunch atkins breakfast bar
dinner roasted chicken breast (with 2T BBQ sauce, i know, i know)
asparagus
4 cups water only so far!
YIKES that doesn't sound too good.
Oh, I'm bummed! have to think of something that I can take to snack on. I tend to do better with several small meals throughout the day. I've been missing my cheese stick and harboiled egg.

needtolose4me2
05-16-2006, 07:15 PM
CORRECTION I meant to say - I hate to have to post mine following yours!

bnbsmommy1
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
need2loseforme2: do you like the sausage sticks?? or packaged cheese? I think sometimes those come together, the sausage and cheese. summer sausage is a good take with you snack too...be sure to always check carbs but those have been good fallbacks for me when I was stuck somewhere.

Susan: you are rockin' woman!!! that is a LONG time on a treadmill!! I can't wait to see your results on the fourth, how exciting!!!

Just the THOUGHT of weighing 150 on the fourth of July helps keep me going!! All the parties, races and family things that happen that month are always so fun, and will be even more enjoyable this year!! :carrot: :carrot:

How's everyone doing???

Lacey

catcookie
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I'll join in! By the fourth I will be in my size 10 jean (non-stretch)

Well, that's incentive to keep up my callanetics tapes! :)

losefatfast
05-17-2006, 05:22 PM
I want in..... yesterday was my 22nd birthday and I am at the heaviest I have ever been. I am ready to get serious and start losing weight. I mean right now I FEEL unhealthy. I can feel it when I walk, talk, breath, sit, anything I do. Right now, I am at 268... I want to weight in at 253 July 4th. I know I can do it...I have a wedding to lose weight for!

needtolose4me2
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
bnsbmommy1 - That's where my problem lies - I don't really eat beef or pork just chicken and fish. so this is a bit tougher for me. But you know, I might be able to find turkey sausage or something like that. Hmm good idea! thanks

hockeyfan7
05-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Today was a low carb cereal I bought from Netrition for breakfast.

Turkey, roast beef, ham and cheddar on lettuce leaves with 1 tsp mayo and 2 slices of tomato for lunch.

Grilled chicken breast and asparagus for dinner.

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I drank my 8 glasses of water -- and a diet Coke -- and a diet Pepsi. :D

Nikki128
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Morning -

I hope you all don't mind me joining in this challenge. My goal is to be at 148 by July 4th. That is a 12 lb loss. I am planning on increasing my protein intake but not doing strictly atkins diet.

Nikki

hockeyfan7
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Hi Nikki!

Breakfast this morning was a veggie and cheese omlet and 2 strips of bacon.

Lunch is grilled chicken breast, salad and some strawberries.

I have no idea what dinner will be. I have a meeting tonight.

rebeleagle1965
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Breakfast- 3 (yes, 3 I was starving) burger patties from BK
Lunch-leftover pot roast
Dinner-salad with grilled chicken strips

Nikki128
05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Breakdfast for me was a porkchop

Lunch was tuna with lemon juice on a bed of lettuce

Dinner was a spare rub and a meatball

needtolose4me2
05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
ok bad news is didn't lose any weight this week.
good news is didn't gain any! (and I lost 3 inches the past 2 weeks.
2 eggs for breakfast
hot wings for dinner ( THanks for the great recipe) with low carb ranch
so far that's it and it's 7:30. only 4 glasses of water. which I know is what is screwing me up.
Well off to the fridge so suck down a gallon!
hopw you all had a better weight loss week than me! :(
Maggie

hockeyfan7
05-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Breakfast was 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and 3 strips of bacon

Lunch was a T-Bone steak and salad with ranch and grilled veggies

I have no idea what my husband is fixing for dinner.

Didn't do so hot on the water today.

50 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the elliptical

kspence09
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
My goal is to be at 175 by July 4th. Not a huge goal but it will be kind of a challenge. Luckily I am hitting the gym 5-7 times a week and walking a few times a week on top of that....

Good Luck Everyone!!!:hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scale/lb/208/175/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/yinyang01/lb/231/140/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

rebeleagle1965
05-20-2006, 03:57 PM
kspence - looks like you are well on your way! Keep up that gym time! I WISH I could-but I don't get much time to myself with 3 kids, so I'm stuck with whatever I can do in my own living room for exercise....

Scale hasn't moved in the last few days, which is unusual AND disappointing, but it's probably because of TOM-I guess I should be thankful I'm not gaining water weight because of it.

I'm leaving for Mazatlan, Mexico on June 2-wish me luck, ladies! Mexican food is MY FAVORITE, and I'm gonna be constantly tempted by the beans and rice, not to mention the margaritas! I refuse to undo all the effort of the last 2 months for a few frijoles-I'm going to keep this challenge in my head to ward off the bean demons!

bnbsmommy1
05-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I fell off the wagon :(

I've got tons of great excuses though LOL

*grabs a hand and jumps back on*

today:

breakfast: hamburger
lunch: steak & salad

lilybelle
05-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone, I am maintaining at 150 and sure would like to see the other 5 lbs. drop. Even 149 and I would be ecstatic. I have been to 2 luncheons these last few days for graduating seniors. Stuck to the meat, salad, cheese and deviled eggs. Passed on lots of desserts and lots of great looking dishes. sometimes, it seems we should lose weight just based on the fact that we passed up this no-no food. It doesn't ever work that way for me. I think I am getting too complacent and need to just get a kick in the butt and get in gear. My treadmill is calling me. I had Oats for breakfast, no lunch, and steak with salad and green beans for dinner. I need to increase my water intake for sure, too many diet sodas and am probably retaining some fluid. Good luck to everyone, I Will LOSE THE OTHER 5LB. by JULY 4TH.

AmazonGold
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
OK, I just found this - but I am going to the Philly BBW Bash on July 6 and I want to lose at least 12 pounds by then.

Falon
05-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Well I changed the goal weight from 155 to 160. After doing the math, I didn't think it would be a logical goal. I can't bring set myself up for failure.. LOL So, I shaved 5 pounds off. Didn't think that was to bad. :)

How's everyone else doing?? :cheer:

MsChris
05-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi. I am a newbie and latecomer to this, but I would like to join in the challenge. I would like to lose 20 pounds total by the fourth of July. I will reward myself with a trip to the beach with my hub if I make it. I actually saw this forum 3 pounds ago, so I am counting it (I know, I know - cheating already.)

Falon
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
You can do it MsChris! We all can.. we just have to constantly remind ourselves that we are well worth the work. :)

rebeleagle1965
05-25-2006, 02:58 PM
I FINALLY went down another size to a 14!!! I tried some on that I already had and.....success! Bought a new pair of shorts and a pair of jeans today! :D I was starting to get disappointed-I've lost almost 30 lbs and had only gone down one size until now.

needtolose4me2
05-25-2006, 06:55 PM
:carrot: Yay! for you ! way to go!:cheer:
I know I've lost about 23 lbs and only one size. It must feel great!:)

MsChris
05-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Congratulations Rebel! :carrot: I love to read others' successes, it makes me think I can do it too.

Thanks Falon :hug: for the vote of confidence. I need that kind of support.

rebeleagle1965
05-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks ladies! I tell my hubby how much I've lost, and he's just like, "oh, that's good". I really appreciate all the cheers!
Now that I'm paying attention to how comfortable I am in my clothes, I think I was probably just squeezing myself to death into those 18's because I didn't want to admit I was any bigger-maybe that's why it's taken me so long size-wise :)

bnbsmommy1
05-29-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm so proud of everyone, y'all are doing awesome!!! I totally backslid for a while there but I'm back on track and staying in there :)

today:

b: eggs
l: steak & salad
s:

M&Gmom
05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Way to go ladies. I think I'm finally getting out of my funk. My eating is back 100% on plan. I was at about 80% for a week or so. Lots of pounds to lose yet.

MsChris
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
I am still doing this challenge. I weighed in yesterday at 182!! That is 8 pounds lost on my first week of Atkins! I am so motivated and excited. I am going to keep going - I just need 2.5 pounds a week to make my Fourth of July goal!! Woohoo!!

needtolose4me2
05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats great news mschris!
I'm sure you"ll make your mini goal. :bravo: :cheer:
keep up the good work!:carrot:
maggie

rebeleagle1965
05-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Great job MsChris! Way to go!!!!

lilybelle
06-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Down to 148 with 3 lbs. to go to meet my goal by July 4th. Trying very hard but weight isn't cooperating here at the end. Losing just a couple lbs. a month now. Breakfast today was ham and cheese omelet, Lunch was a cheeseburger pattie and green beans, Dinner was chicken breasts and salad with ranch dressing. Did my 30 min's on Treadmill today. Will drink some more water. Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals for this challenge.

needtolose4me2
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
this challenge is closing in fast! I just started losing again this past week. I hope I keep it up. it's going to be tough to make this goal! I am cutting back on carbs a bit more and upping the exercise! I want so much to make this! July 7 is my daughters birthday and I told her if I make my mini goal I will sahre in her birthday cake. ( a small piece) But I have to make it!
How is everyone else doing? I just updated my ticker so as of today that's it!

maggie

MsChris
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I hate to say it, but I am not doing so well. My eating is sporadic, and I have not been exercising. I am still at 181. I am going to have to kick it into gear and fast if I am goind to make my goal.

needtolose4me2
06-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, I hate to say that I'm not doing so well and I AM eating OP like a good girl!
My weight is finally moving again after a 4 wek stall but we now have 16 days til the end of this challenge and 8 pounds to lose! That's about 4 pounds a week. I lost 3 this week really pushing myself. I'm not sure how I can give myself an extra boost. I think I might have to just behappy if I make it to the 150"s. but I'll fight to the end!

MsChris
06-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I am inching closer again. 2 pounds down for last week, which is ok considering. It does not look like I will make goal :( , but I am not giving up yet. I have 9 pounds to go.

bnbsmommy1
06-19-2006, 10:13 PM
since I've been offline I've just been eating whatever looks good and I'm was up to 169 this morning :( I am starting back right this second though. Goes to show that I just cannot live without you all!!!

needtolose4me2
07-04-2006, 07:59 AM
OK Lets go! A lot of us have taken this challenge. How did you all do?

Unfortunately I'll have to admit defeat! When my goal of 155 didn't seem like it was going to happen I set my mind toaccepting 159 (figuring just to be out of the 160's would be great) Well, I weighed in at 162 this morning.
Not at all happy with thatand the worse part is that it isn't becaue I cheated because I have been really good. It's just the way I've been losing.

So I hope I can read some success stories here today!
Congratulations to those of you who made it and congratulations to those of you who didn't, just for trying!
maggie

lilybelle
07-05-2006, 01:45 AM
I didn't quite hit goal yet, 1 more lb. to go. I enjoyed this challenge and did try very hard. Good luck to everyone else.

bnbsmommy1
07-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm ready for this thread to die so I'll quit looking at how much I've failed LOL