Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #1  
Wild Texan!

S/C/G: 366.4/342.6/220

Height: 5'9"

Default Clothes

I know I have only lost 14 lbs, but it really makes a difference, even that little amount. I went to Taget today and tried on some 3x, not only did they fit, but they were big. I even tried on a 2x dress, and I looked hot. My husband couldn't stop talking about the dress on the way home. My girlfriends were all out for the world to see, but he liked it..

It fells good to go from wearing the largest size you could find (and it was tight) to trying on something in a smaller size and its too big.

Even tonight I had to step away from the guacamole and chips and let me hubby have them. Because the last time I didn't step away I gained two pounds.

I am really looking forward to being smaller. I would love to sit on a plastic chair and not be afraid that I will not fit, or that it will break. I would love to go to an amusement park...I don't go because I am too fat, and know the bar will not click. I would love to walk in public and know they are looking at me because I am cute and not fat.

Just some insecurities I need to overcome. Most of my adult fat life I was insecure but when my boyfriend once told me "I love big women, but I would never want to be with somebody that is over 300 lbs" Little did I or he know at that time I was 330. I didn't think it was a problem until I started noticing people treating me different then before when I was thinner.

I need to start a thread about discrimination, and how to get over it.

Off the subject...oh well...Tanya
Old 05-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Way to go. That is great about the smaller size. It only gets better. I also cant wait to get my confidence back!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #3  
with my mind on my monkey

Congratulations, Tanya! And happy birthday - the 21st is mine, too! AND I'm moving to San Antonio in 2 weeks!! Small world!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #4  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

buying smaller clothes is fantastic!

now if only we had some kind of clothing giveaway thread on here...i've got a new pair (worn once) of black pants that are adorable, but are way too baggy on me. oh well, goodwill or salvation army will have quite a selection of plus sizes when i'm done with my journey!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #5  

Hey all!

The sisters won't let you do clothing give-aways! We tried on the 300+ boards once. Something about not wanting it to become that kind of "buy-sell-trade" site. Pity really.

You are right - the clothes are the BEST! I'm wearing a dress today that was almost too tight when I bought it - years ago. I just really liked it so I never gave it away when it got too small. Today, it's positively BAGGY! Even the sleeves, which were SO Tight when I bought it I was considering doing some cosmetic surgery on it to make them bigger.

Actually gets annoying sometimes having nothing the right size to wear - but WHAT a feeling when they get too big!
Closed Thread