Exercise! - Coast to Coast, the Challenge #2

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Coast to Coast, the Challenge #2

Misti in Seattle
05-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone! The old thread was getting pretty bogged down because you are so successful... so I started this new one!!! Welcome all you coast to coast chick marchers!

For those who may be new and reading this, you are welcome to join us!! Just head over to the sign up thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79436&page=2

and then come back here and share your miles. Here is how it works:

We each keep track of our miles and add them up! We are cyber walking from Hopedale MA to Seattle WA, and are now past the halfway point! We'd love to have more people join in to help us get her faster!

Sooooo... Okay all you walkers... let's make THIS thread grow too long too with posting all your miles and info about the places we "visit."

Format is as follows:

Date: 5/11
Miles: 7.19
Total Miles for this Challenge:

(that's mine by the way) :dance:

Our new total is 1734.97. Still have about 150 miles to make it to Rapid City... so go for it!!! :dance:

For those who still want to read up on our progress so far... our starter thread can be found at

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79678

Jayde
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
A new thread will be great for people with slower connections. Let's think of it as a second leg of our journey. :)

Jayde
05-13-2006, 12:47 PM
No miles to report today but I've been so busy at school with 2 days of play day. The weather was great for it, and I sure did get a workout not to mention loads of fun.

Thanks all for you sweet encouragement as I've entered 1derland. I felt it coming and the scale this morning proved me right. :)

Misti in Seattle
05-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I will won't be able to walk this weekend either as I have zillion things to do to get ready for my niece's visit and the cruise!! But I have my pedometer in my pocket!!! :) But so far my morning's housecleaning has only netted me about 2500 steps! But I DO still have to go to Walmart and the grocery store and do lots more cleaning so it won't be a lazy day, that's for sure!! :)

AnnieFannie
05-13-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm hoping to hit onederland too. I just haven't gotten on the scale because I'm just scared. Hoping I haven't gained too much and can hit 199 in a month.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/13
Steps/miles for that time: 2 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 102 miles

dagirl
05-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Below are my miles for the past week. I was happy that I was able to take a walk 6 out of 7 days this week (even if it was for a short walk). We've been having some beautiful weather here so I've been taking more evening walks (I was surprised how big the moon looked last night).

To the moms out there... Wishing you a happy and relaxing Mother's Day!

Date: 5/7, Miles: 1.77

Date: 5/8, Miles: 1.44

Date: 5/10, Miles: 2.67

Date: 5/11, Miles: 1.07

Date: 5/12, Miles: 2.37

Date: 5/13, Miles: 2.62

Total Miles for this Challenge: 20.05

Misti in Seattle
05-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Good job everybody! Yay team!!!

I realized I had messed up and didn't post one day... so my dates were one off... LOL so my miles are

Date: 5/12
Miles: 7.337

5/13 4.804

Grand total = 1761.05 -- we are still not quite to Rapid City yet, but we are getting there!!!! :cheer:

Moo :)
05-14-2006, 03:55 AM
5/5 6
6/5 6
7/5 7
8/5 6
9/5 6
10/5 6
11/5 6
12/5 6
13/5 7

56 miles done in the bit above

Misti in Seattle
05-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Wow Moo... that really boosted our total!!! :)

Michele L
05-14-2006, 09:50 AM
5/13
Miles: 6.7
TOTAL: 288.3

Had really good day yesterday. I popped in a book on CD and took off on my treadmill for 40 minutes (2.2 miles). Then, later I did the Power Mile (WATP) with 3 pound weights. We decided to go out to dinner last night instead of fighting the crowds today, so I got more steps in at the restaurant and a couple of stores. Grand total was more than 13000!

Have to go back to town today because we didn't find all of DD's softball stuff and practice starts tomorrow. Will go to Play It Again Sports and possibly John Wilson Sports and hope we find everything.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Michele :wave:

LadyFirelyght
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/13
Miles for that time: 2.06 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 98.37 miles

Not feeling too great today (tummy is acting up), but I'll be sure to get my 2 miles in! Gotta keep my streak going.

I hope all the mothers in this game have a great mother's day :)

Michele L
05-15-2006, 08:57 AM
5/14
Miles: 4.9
TOTAL: 293.2

Where is everyone????

I had a nice Mother's Day. DD and I went shopping and found what she needed (not cheap, though!). Then we came home and had supper and--uh-oh--ice cream! I didn't eat lunch, so I only went over my calories a little.

The kids each got me a new CD. DD got me Faith Hill's Fireflies, which I asked for. DS got me the new Barry Gibb/Barbra Streisand one. I asked for and received 2 other Barbra CD's for Christmas, so it was a good choice. BUT, it has to be exchanged as it has a huge scratch on it, causing 2 songs to skip.

Anyway, I only did 15 minutes of fitness walking, which wasn't even a mile. But at least I did something!

I've already done a 1 mile WATP this morning with 3 pound weights, so I'm on my way for today!

Have a great Monday!

Misti in Seattle
05-15-2006, 09:17 AM
:wave: I am here. :)

Everyone was probably busy with Mother's Day. For me it was a zillion things trying to get done before the cruise and my niece's visit.

5/14
Miles: 2.819

djstorey
05-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Question for any of you. When you are posting your miles, are you counting ALL steps/miles for the whole day, or are you only counting steps/miles you've put in for exercise?

I'll start tracking my miles today, just wasn't sure exactly what to track!

Have a good day everyone.

Misti in Seattle
05-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi DJ

Some of us do it each way. My pedometer goes in my pocket when I get ready for work and stays there, and I count ALL steps. Hey I walk 'em I want 'em, and I get a lot of steps in at work and like this weekend, just housecleaning. :) But I think some only count when they actually go for "walks." You can do it either way you want! (Some here don't have pedometers, so that makes it harder to keep track of all their daily steps.

Happy walking!

LadyFirelyght
05-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/14
Miles for that time: 2.52 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 100.89 miles!!!!! WOO HOO!!

I just wanna say, I love my boyfriend. He's honestly the BIGGEST support I have in my life, to date. Last night at around 9pm I was on the phone with him and noticed that I'd only walked 1.63 miles. Oh no! I told him that and he says to me "Just keep going, babe! You gotta reach your goal, especially if you're not too tired." And kept encouraging me as I walked around the house to get my miles in. He distracted me so much that I did almost a full mile! I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday.

Michele: Glad to see you only went over your calories a little bit. That's great for such a special occasion as MD :)

AnnieFannie
05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm here. I had a nice peaceful day yesterday. We went for a walk and took my mother her card and present. I found a discounted Santa at the Hallmark store in town. She loves Santas and that's the only thing she'll put on her Christmas tree. SO when in doubt buy her Santas. I couldn't find anything with frogs. Oh she loves those too. :) I'll have to keep my eyes open for something with frogs for her birthday. I hope everyone had a great mother's day. I got a new cordless mouse. woo hoo. I love it. Nothing too flashy, but I was always complaining about the cord of the mouse getting in the way. Take care all.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/14
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 104 miles

kristine724
05-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Date: 5/13
Miles: .50

Saturday my DH needed to do some pricing on doors for this house he is working on. So we walked all over Home Depot getting prices for the job and dreaming and window shopping for ourselves. We were in there for an hour and later that evening I sure did feel the strain in my butt and thighs after all the walking we did. It felt good though because I knew the strain meant that I worked those muscles and they sure do need it. Mother's Day was good. My two oldest boys took me to breakfast, didn't over do it on the food but treated myself.

Have a great Monday Everyone!

Jayde
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Date: 5/15
Miles:2.6
Total so far: 86.3

Annie, Iíll bet you are in Onederland already. And if not, youíll know that too if you'd just get on the scale. :D (ok.. Iím curious for you!!)

Moo, thatís a lot of walking! Hope you are doing well with your other challenge too. Hugs.

Djstorey, I only count workout miles. I need to as it is my insurance! And looking at my personal challenge if I don't get more miles in I won't make it before June 1st. :eek:

Misti in Seattle
05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Woo hoo, glad you all are doing so well! Lydia, how wonderful about your boyfriend... hang onto that guy!! :)

I'm rushing through this week... yikes getting ready for the cruise... but mine for today is:

Miles: 7.323

It was hard because it was sooooooooooooooooo hot for here (around 86) and I did NOT want to go walking but I did it anyway!!! :woo: for me. :)

Also since I started keeping track in Feb for the chick march I have gone 921,000 steps... toward my one million goal!!!

Our new total is: 1848.47

Still about 30 miles to go to reach Rapid City SD -- we will make it tomorrow or maybe even tonight as others post!!! Yippeeee! Then it is only about another 50 miles to Spearfish, which is just a few miles from the state line and we will cross over into Wyoming! We are really moving!!! :kickcan:

Misti in Seattle
05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Jayde, I keep track of my aerobic steps in my Excel database... I love the Omron pedometer since it keeps track of both. I also keep track of how many steps per minute I average, etc. But for the challenge I count all of them. :) I know some people do it each way so I think everybody just does it whichever way they want and that is fine. :) As long as we're walking!!! :dance:

Jayde
05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Jayde, I keep track of my aerobic steps in my Excel database... I love the Omron pedometer since it keeps track of both. I also keep track of how many steps per minute I average, etc. But for the challenge I count all of them. :) I know some people do it each way so I think everybody just does it whichever way they want and that is fine. :) As long as we're walking!!! :dance:

Of course. As long as we are moving. (And get to Seattle before winter) :D.

I think a pedomometer is a great thing. I'd been considering getting one so that I am sure to keep in plenty of daily movement over the summer when I am not working. Time flies when you are in the backyard reading a book. No exercise there. ;)

I am also curious as to how many steps I take in a regular day at work.

iowasteph2
05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Date: 5/14; 5/15
Miles: 1; 4
Total Miles for this Challenge: 86.5

Misti in Seattle
05-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Jayde, you will love the pedometer! I am so glad I finally ordered the Omron HJ-112 that everyone here was raving about! LOL I admit I am constantly trying to break my record for aerobic steps per minute!! :) And yah it is fun to see how many I walk in a work day.

For example, today I had 14,646 total steps; 7074 of those were aerobic. Usually my aerobic are a little higher but I didn't walk my first break but cleaned out my car instead LOL. Also it was not so went a bit slower than usual.

Michele L
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
5/15
Miles: 4.6
TOTAL: 297.8

Had an OK day. Got some disappointing news at work, which had me sad the rest of the day--a long-time teacher in our district has decided to leave after more than 20 years! She's not retiring, just leaving for another position. Most of us suspect that it's because of the negative atmosphere the administration has created. They will regret it when they have lost SOOOOO many good teachers. That's not to say that newer, younger teachers can't be good. But, they aren't appreciating what they have, and that's sad.

Anyway, I was a bit under with my numbers yesterday, but hope to do better today. Hope everyone is having a nice week. I wish our weather would clear up. With the exception of a few hours yesterday, we have had gray clouds and rain for almost a week. I HATE IT!

Have a nice Tuesday!

Misti in Seattle
05-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Sorry you got the bad news Michelle! :(

About the weather... LOL I am just the opposite... it has been HOT and sunny which I HATE and it makes it hard for me to get in my walking. :flame: Send the gray clouds and rain our way... I love it!! :rain:

djstorey
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone. Looks like the miles are adding up quickly! I went ahead and wore my pedometer all day. It was easier for me to do that rather than just counting my exercise miles. I was scared I would forget to put it on otherwise!

5/15
Miles: 5.91

Misti - I understand about the weather! It has suddenly gotten hot here too so working out is a little miserable. I do love the sunshine, but wish it would stay in the 70's. We went straight from the 50's to the 80's here and I'm not used to it yet!

Michelle - hope you have a better day today!

Keep up the good work everyone! :carrot:

LadyFirelyght
05-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/15
Miles for that time: 2.04 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 102.93 miles

Not much to report today. Just wanted to say hi :)

AnnieFannie
05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Jayde. I'll get on that scale soon. Maybe by the weekend. Nothing new to report here.

I don't like to exercise when it's hot out either. It's been pretty tolerable here with the exception of the rain. I'm not looking forward to summer and the 90+ weather well have.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/15
Steps/miles for that time: 2.5 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 106.5 miles

05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Moo, thatís a lot of walking! Hope you are doing well with your other challenge too. Hugs.

Mmm its compulsory too :(, only I could get a job in the back end of beyond, with no bus service and I don't drive. The no smoking challenge is going really well - Thanks Jayde x :D

14/5 - 3 miles ... Lazy Moo :D
15/5 - 7 miles

Errr now the maths bit 66 miles

Apple Blossom
05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I apologize for not checking in more often. I'll try to get here more frequently........
May 8.....2
May 9.....2
May 11...2
May 12...2
May 15...2
May 16...2
Total walked so far.....61.5
Seems like we've been in SD for ever. And Montana is HUGE!! We'll be there all summer!!! AHHHH! Walk everyone, walk!!!!;)

kristine724
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Date 5/16
Miles .25

Didn't walk last night, but had to go to the courthouse this morning for legal documents and they had me walking all over downtown to get the forms I needed and the help to fill them out. At 8:00 am and it is already 75 degrees out. Love IT! The natural CA girl comes out of me when the weather warms up. Going swimming this afternoon at a girlfriend who just had her new pool finished. Moving my body around in water is so much easier. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Is it to late for me to get in on this?

AnnieFannie
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
You're definitely not too late to join us. The more feet we have the faster we can get to Seattle and have a cyber party at Misti's. ;) Great to have you aboard.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Thank I have 2.3miles on my date book for today I will post it tomorrow!!! Thanks for the welcome!!!!

crk05
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
My first time on the new thread! Hi everyone! I have three days' worth of walking to add...

Date: 5/12
Miles: 4.0
Total so far: 50.0

Date: 5/14
Total so far: 54.0

Miles: 3.0
Total so far: 57.0

Misti in Seattle
05-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Well I am glad to see some of these numbers being posted on here... LOL I agree, Apple... S Dakota sure is a BIG state!! :) We are about to make it though!! Keep moving those butts!! :)

Kristine, glad you got all that walking in!

And la3y so glad you joined us! I am going to have to rent a really big cyberhall for the party!! :woo:

I will try to keep up with keeping score at least through Thursday night and after that if I can. My niece arrives Friday night and we leave for the cruise on Sunday morning! Since no one has volunteered to keep score while I am gone... hint hint :) -- maybe a few of you could even take turns?? Anyway, if not, I will eventually catch up with you when I get back. And I DO plan to keep track of my miles while I am gone and hope to have some nice numbers to report!!!

It has been so hot here... mid 80s... so hard for me to walk in it but I have been doing it; just slowing the pace a bit!!

Oh yah... for today:

Date 5/16
Miles: 6.9265

Our total is now -- oh please please let us be out of S Dakota!!! --
1911 miles.

Oh no! Another 11 miles to Spearfish SD!! But at least we are out the other side of Rapid City!!! LOL

Misti in Seattle
05-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Hey! I just figured it up... and we are only about 44 miles from Sundance Wyoming!! We ARE going to make it out of SD!!! Yay! Walk walk walk. :dance:

Misti in Seattle
05-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey! I just figured it up... and we are only about 24 miles from Beulah Wyoming!! We ARE going to make it out of SD!!! Yay! Walk walk walk. :dance:

And yes Montana is huge... but LOL Idaho will be a snap, and Wyoming won't be bad!! :) But then we still have to go all the way through Washington!! But by then at least I will know my way around a bit better!!

Michele L
05-17-2006, 08:54 AM
5/16
Miles 5.5
TOTAL: 303.3

Had a good day without much fitness walking. I paced up and down the aisles of my classroom more than usual while we reviewed for an upcoming test. It was funny to watch some of the kids turn so they could keep looking at me. Others, of course NEVER look at me.

It's a busy day with 2 Dr. appointments and AWANA awards night, so I had to get up this morning to be sure I got in my walk to continue my streak. Day 138 is DONE!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! The sun is finally supposed to shine here, which will help everyone's mood!

Misti in Seattle
05-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Michele, it is great that you are finding ways to walk a bit more, with the pacing, etc. LOL when I gas up my car I have been walking around and around the car and gas pumps... people probably think I am crazy but hey, I get in a few extra steps. :)

Go team! Let's make it to Wyoming today!!! Everybody MOVE those butts!! :dance:

djstorey
05-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone. Glad to hear the miles are adding up and it sounds like you are getting close to my state of Idaho!

My miles for yesterday are

5/16
Miles: 7.89
Total miles: 13.8

Gotta run! Lots of errands today on top of my walk and my afternoon workout! Have a great day. :)

LadyFirelyght
05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/16
Miles for that time: 2.38 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 105.31 miles

Got in my two miles before 10am yesterday! Today I'm going to apply for a job at McDonald's (oy). I have no doubts that I'll get the job, considering the high turnover rate there. What I'm wondering, though, is whether or not I'll be able to keep up with my fitness goals once I start working. McDonald's is such a draining environment, since you're on the move ALL day. I remember last year, I would work up a sweat within a couple of hours and had almost NO energy by the time the day was done. I dunno, it concerns me that I won't be able to keep up with what I've been doing. :-/

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
5/16-2.11miles

I have another 2 miles down for tonight....I will let you know the how far I got tomorrow!!!!

Cold that I got from My son is kicking my butt. I will still walk!

Have a great day all!!

crk05
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Hooray for almost being out of SD!! It sure does go on forever! I have some miles to add to get us out faster...

Date: 5/16
Miles: 3.0
Total so far: 60.0

So happy that I passed the fifty mile mark (a few days ago). Feels like I'm really making a more significant contribution now. Now I'll see if I can get up to 100 before it's over!

I hope all of you are having a fabulous Wednesday!

kristine724
05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Didn't get any walking in yesterday, but I went to my friends for a BBQ and went swimming in her new pool. Oh, I love the water and I was in there swimming, playing, treading for over an hour. It felt great!

Got a question for you all. Does any one have trouble with swelled ankles during the hot summer months. Mine get so bad they hurt sometimes. Walking helps, but they don't go all the way down to normal until the weather cools down.

Jayde
05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Date: 5/17
Miles:4.6
Total so far: 90.9

Sorry to hear about your ankles, Kristine. I hope this summer is easier on you.

Misti, have fun on your cruise. I'll try to keep up with the total miles but I warn you, I'm not reliable. :D

iowasteph2
05-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Miles: 4
Total Miles for this Challenge: 90.5

Are we out of South Dakota yet? I've driven the length of the state, and it is definitely very, very long!!

AnnieFannie
05-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/16
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 109 miles

I hope we are finally out of SD. GO GO GO>>>

Misti in Seattle
05-18-2006, 12:17 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!

We are just entering Sundance WYOMING! Yes... you heard me right... WYOMING!!! Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that sure was a long walk across SD!! Whew!!!

Our total is 1950.98 miles!!!

Jayde thanks for keeping score... and hey don't worry; this is not meant to be scientific. :) No guarantees I haven't messed it up along the way either LOL. But considering I was not the scorekeeper.... :) (Actually I don't mind when I am here; it's kind of fun.)

Kristine, sorry about your ankles and hope they get better. Mine don't swell I don't think... but my feet definitely hurt more and feel like they are "on fire" in hot weather; but I am a total wimp in the sun LOL.

AnnieFannie
05-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Ok.. did some searching to find some info on Sundance, WO.

Sundance was named for the annual Plains Indian sun dance celebrated in the area.

Established 1879

Elevation (ft.) 4,750
Population in 2000 1,161
Population in 1940 985

The town of Sundance was named for nearby Sundance Mountain where the Lakota and their allies held a religious ceremony each summer. Festivities lasted several weeks and centered around a four-day period in which young men fasted, prayed, blew whistles made of eagle bones, waited for visions, and danced around a ceremonial altar pole adorned with an eagle nest and a buffalo skull. They intensified their suffering by cutting small pieces of flesh off themselves or by running thongs through their back or chest muscles, then attaching the thongs to the central pole or to buffalo skulls that dragged behind. They would continue to dance until the thongs tore through their flesh. The sun dance was an important communal and religious event, and forms of it are still practiced by some Plains Indian groups.

Sundance is also the town where Harry Longabaugh received his outlaw title the Sundance Kid. He was convicted of horse theft and served out his term in the local county jail, since the state penitentiary was full. The county museum has some interesting memorabilia highlighting the celebrated outlaw's career.

Between Four Corners and Sundance lies Inyan Kara Mountain, a sacred place to the Lakota. In July 1874, it was the setting for a rather bizarre episode of Wyoming history, in which General George Custer presided over a sort of military flower-power celebration in the heart of Lakota territory. Custer and his huge expedition (10 cavalry companies, plus 100 Indian scouts, a full military band, and 300 head of cattle) were on a scientific mission to determine once and for all whether there was gold to be found in the Black Hills.

Apparently the Lakota were willing to let them do their thing, and the whole expedition took on overtones of a summer vacation. Custer indulged himself with a climb to the top of Inyan Kara where he carved his name into a rock. (His graffiti is still there, but the land is privately owned and access is restricted.) The expedition camped along Spring Creek in an area that Custer christened "Floral Valley" where they held a May Day celebration a few months late. The soldiers decorated themselves and their mounts with wild flower wreaths and the military band situated itself on a high ledge and played party music including "The Blue Danube," "The Mocking Bird," and selections from Il Trovatore.

The expedition’s discovery of gold started the Black Hills gold rush and the resulting Indian conflicts led to Custer's spectacular defeat at the hands of the Lakota at the Battle of the Little Big Horn just two years and nearly two hundred miles away.

Misti in Seattle
05-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the good info, Annie! I love the name Sundance so it is good to know its origin etc.

I redecorated my ticker in honor of crossing the state line. :sunny: :dance:

Michele L
05-18-2006, 08:35 AM
5/17
Miles: 5.7
TOTAL: 309 miles since we started the challenge

Had a SUPER busy day, which lead to more steps! Started when DD's new lens came in and we were trying avoid missing school or softball practice. Ended up going in right at 8am yesterday and she only missed 5 minutes of advisor. Of course, I was late to class, but thank goodness for my colleague in the department. She covered for me while I drove from the middle school to the high school, parked, got my water and went to the restroom. In the end it was only about 10 minutes, but it was a lifesaver.

The rest of the school day was a blur. It went by SOOO fast, but I know I racked up lots of steps. Then, we had a reception for all of the retiring staff in our district. I think there were 9 this year and I knew most of them, so I wanted to show my support. THEN, I had a dentist appointment. Shortly after we got home from that, it was time to go get DD from softball practice. After a quick supper for the kids (I couldn't eat because of my new filling), it was off to AWANA Awards Night. Both kids received awards--DD got 2 trophies for completing 2 books this year and DS got a ribbon for completing 1 book. We finally settled down at about 8:30, which was when I finally got something to eat.

I love being busy, but yesterday was almost TOO MUCH!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday--I'm looking forward to something a bit calmer!

Misti in Seattle
05-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi Michele... wow you had a busy day! AWANA can sure keep you hopping LOL. I used to work with Cubbies and Sparks!

LOL you are a little ahead of me on the miles... since we started the challenge I am at 298.79. Counting the chick march I have 473. Wow no wonder we are getting in shape! :)

LadyFirelyght
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/17
Miles for that time: 2.42 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 107.73 miles

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
I was to sick to walk yesterday but I will be getting back into this today!!

Have a great day all!!!!!

djstorey
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
5/17
Miles: 10.23
Total miles: 24.03

Good morning everyone! :wave: You all have come a long ways! Wyoming is a rather pretty state. I've driven across a good portion of it.

Well, I had a good walking day yesterday. One of my best ever I think! Between my morning walk, a 2 hour shopping trip, house cleaning and my hour afternoon workout, I really got some miles in. I felt every one of them too! Went to bed and was out so fast, I don't remember a thing.

Congrats to everyone who got their miles in! Good job. :carrot:

BlynC
05-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh my goodness I didn't realize that I had been gone so long...here's my update! And you are all so right...SD is huge! and we made it! Yahoo!..
Date: 5/11-5/17
Miles:17.5
Total so far: 140.5
I wil try to be better about posting....:^:

Thanks for the new thread Misti ...

Margarita
05-18-2006, 03:09 PM
I've racked up three more miles this week. I didn't do them all today, but I'm going to list them under today's date just to keep it simple.

Date: May 18, 2006
Miles: 3

crk05
05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I was feeling a bit off yesterday (kind of dizzy from a new medication I'm on) so I didn't do a lot of walking. Better today though so hopefully I'll get a bit more done.

Miles: 1.5
Total so far: 61.5

WOOHOO! We're in Wyoming! :cheer: Go us!

LadyFirelyght
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I remember driving through Wyoming on a cross-country move from Seattle to northern Tennessee back in '99. Here's (http://geocities.com/lydia4life/Hills_hills_and_more_hills__and_a_valley__lol.jpg) a picture I took then.

AnnieFannie
05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/17
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 111.5 miles

iowasteph2
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for sharing the picture, Lydia. I've driven through WY too, and that's exactly how I remember it!

Date: 5/18
Total Miles for this Challenge: 94.5

Jayde
05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Miles:3.6
Total so far: 94.5

Unicorn, I hope you are feeling better.

Djstorey! Wow.. 10 miles. Iíll walk behind you! 

Blyn, nice to see you ..being busy is good. Just keep track of the miles Ďcause we still have a long trek! Hope everything is well with you.

Iíve got about 40 miles to go in only 14 days for my personal challenge. It averages about 2.9 miles per day. If I am going to make it, Iíve got to rack up the miles. It is still within my reach though I thought it was slipping away for awhile there.

Keep trekking everyone.

Misti in Seattle
05-18-2006, 11:41 PM
HI everybody... just rushing through amidst last minute preparations for my niece's arrival for the cruise! Whew!

Miles: 6.19

Michele L
05-19-2006, 09:00 AM
5/18
Miles: 5.5
TOTAL: 314.5

Had another good day for steps, but a lousy one for family relations! Well, only lousy as far as DD and I are concerned. She's 12 going on 30 and SOOOOO bullheaded! GRRRRRRR. Anyway, we had a big blowup over something really little and it ruined the entire evening (well most of it)! In the end, she DID come apologize and admit that she overreacted. That made me feel better, but I'd sure like to figure out how to avoid so many of these arguments! AHHHHH, the teen years !

Anyway, I had some extra energy to burn off, so I did a 1 mile WATP. It made me feel better.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in eastern Iowa and I really don't want to go to work! But I'll muddle through!

Have a nice one!

djstorey
05-19-2006, 09:21 AM
5/18
Miles: 7.15
Total miles: 31.18

Good morning all! :wave:

Michelle - Isn't having teens fun? I have 2 of them, both boys, and it seems that everything is SO DRAMATIC! They constantly amaze me. I've heard that girls are even more dramatic so I feel for you! Good job on that extra mile!

Misti - you sound so busy! Would be worth it for the cruise though.

Jayde - keep going on that personal challenge. You can do it! Yes, that 10 miles was a lot. :whoo: Surprised myself so much I actually checked my pedometer to make sure it was counting my steps correctly.

That picture definitely looks like Wyoming! There is a lot of nothing there in a good part of that state. However, the northwest side is gorgeous! We camp near the state line of Idaho and Wyoming a lot and we love it.

Keep going everyone! Have a good day. :carrot:

LadyFirelyght
05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/18
Miles for that time: 3.17 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 110.09 miles

Went and got a job at McDonald's last night. I start Thursday! We'll see how much exercise I get at work...

crk05
05-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I felt a lot better yesterday so I got a good amount of walking done. Very happy that the weekend is here. Dh and I are taking my parents out, because both of them had their birthdays this week. We're going to the Cheesecake Factory. YUM.

Total so far: 65.5

LadyFirelyght ~ Great photo! My DH is starting work as a long-distance trucker, so hopefully he'll get lots of neat pictures from all over the country. I have never been out that way, but would love to. And good luck with the new job.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Feeling better!
5/18 4 miles
total 6.11 miles

I will try to get another 4 in today. I am very sleepy from cold meds. I hope I can last the rest of the day......lol

AnnieFannie
05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I haven't hit the teen years yet. My oldest turns 13 on his next birthday so I am sure it's going to be fun. My niece is 15 and all I can say is she's a handfull.

Good luck on the new job, Lydia.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/18
Steps/miles for that time: 3.5 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 115 miles

Jayde
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Date: 5/19
Miles:5.0
Total so far: 99.5

Thanks for the encouragement, Djstorey! I pushed out a little more distance today thinking about your kind words.

Misti in Seattle
05-20-2006, 02:37 AM
Well you won't believe this... but today I set a new record for steps... 25,000!!!! I went out towards the airport early to pick up my niece so went to a mall...walked all over inside then around the entire outside of the huge mall. Then when I got to the airport the plane was late so I walked and walked up and down outside the terminal and then inside!! Ohhhhhhhhh my FEET hurt LOL.

Miles: 12.5

Oh and tomorrow I should make my million step goal!!! Yippee.

Michele L
05-20-2006, 08:55 AM
WAY TO GO, MISTI!!!

5/19
Miles: 5.3
TOTAL: 319.8

Had a good day. Hoping for many more miles since it's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend!

Have a great one!

djstorey
05-20-2006, 10:47 AM
5/19
Miles: 10.89
Total Miles: 42.07

Had another big walking day yesterday. After all my normal walking and workout, I took my 2 year old for a walk to a nearby school and let him lead me around. That kid would NOT stop! We must have walked around the buildings 5 times before I finally dragged him home. I was exhausted! At least it helped get some extra walking in.

Wow Misti! That is a lot of miles! I know how I felt after my 10 or so. I bet you were feeling every step by the time you were done. Good Job! :carrot:

:bravo: Jayde! So glad I was able to help you. That's what I like about this site, we all need encouragement once in a while and the people on this site are really good about that. Keep up the good work! :)

Have a great day everyone! :wave: Off I go on my morning walk!

Misti in Seattle
05-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Good morning, everyone! Just dropping by as we get ready to leave for the art glass museum!!! Then tomorrow I am out of here LOL. I will try to log in when I can and I WILL be keeping track of my steps!!! :)

LadyFirelyght
05-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/19
Miles for that time: 3.29 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 113.38 miles

I have discovered a way of getting exercise without really noticing it...

Walking while playing video games! I've been playing Final Fantasy VIII for the first time this week, and I'll walk in place, do lunges and stuff while playing, especially during the parts where I'm not controlling it (the game is heavily story-based. Like an interactive movie more than a game). I did three miles before noon yesterday! Then I just slacked off the rest of the day :lol: It's fun, though, and I don't notice what I've done until I'm sore the next morning :P

WAY TO GO MISTI!!!!!!!!! on the miles yesterday! That is AWESOME! I hope you have a great time on your cruise. WOOO WOOO!

crk05
05-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Congrats on your new record Misti! :cheer:

Here is my walking for yesterday (modest since I didn't have much time)

Miles: 1.0
Total so far: 66.5

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Misti in Seattle
05-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Just stopping in to wish you a great week! We are doing last minute packing for the cruise. I didn't get in many steps today so it will be tomorrow before I make my million step goal but oh well. :)

Date: 5/20
Miles: 4.088

LadyFirelyght
05-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/20
Miles for that time: 2.58 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 115.96 miles

Just got done watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Good movie. Now it's time for bed :)

Michele L
05-21-2006, 10:26 AM
5/20
Miles:3.3
TOTAL: 323.1

Had a horrible day yesterday and I don't know why. I just didn't want to do anything all day. I spent WAY too much time on the computer and finally FORCED myself to do a 1 mile WATP at about 7:15 last night. I didn't even hit 7000 steps. I'm frustrated with myself. I'm not sure how to re-motivate myself, either. I know that the stress of the end of the school year is getting to me, but that's all the more reason to do something physical for myself!

Oh, well.......I'll muddle through!

Happy Sunday!

Jayde
05-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Date: 5/21
Miles:5.1
Total so far: 104.6

I've gotten a little messed up with the dates. I'm back on track. :)

This morning I watched Shrek during my workout. I hadn't realized what a great movie that is for walking and jogging. It has great music for doing intervals. Certain times I find myself flying (like when the dragon is chasing Shrek and Donkey in the castle, I feel like I've got to run fast to get away too.), and other times walking fast almost at a dance (like when Shrek and Fiona make balloons for each other on their way to Dulac, or times when I can walk at a slower 3.0 mph like when Fiona and Shrek have that misunderstanding about how they feel about each other.

Then of course there is the celebration dance at the end. I found myself raising my arms above my head and dancing on the mill like a lunatic.

I'll be back in a bit with our total miles. I feel great.

Jayde
05-21-2006, 01:09 PM
So.. here is our total.

1950.98 miles as reported by Misti when we reached Sundance, Wyoming.
139.118 miles since then

For a grand total of (drumroll) 2090.098 miles! So where ARE we? I :dunno: ... I just do the math. :D

Jayde
05-21-2006, 01:15 PM
This post is for you Misti!

:carrot: :bravo: :woo:

Way to go on your walking record! I can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about your cruise!!

05-21-2006, 02:12 PM
18/5 - 7 miles
19/5 - 6.5 miles
20/5 - 10 miles (shopping :D )
21/5 - 5 miles

Total 94 miles

AnnieFannie
05-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Wow.. I think my email is messed up. I haven't been getting any emails to let me know of new posts. What a bummer.

Congrats Misti and have a great time on your cruise.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/19 & 5/20
Steps/miles for that time: 6 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 121 miles

djstorey
05-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Just a quick one to log my miles!

5/20
Miles: 7.16
total miles: 49.23

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

dagirl
05-21-2006, 08:45 PM
5/14... 2.63 miles
5/15... 1.76 miles
5/18... 1.76 miles
5/20... 2.41 miles

Total miles... 28.61 miles

expressyourself
05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
5/21
Miles: 5.05
total miles: 5.05

djstorey
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Well, another crazy, busy day today, so another quick one to log miles!

5/21
Miles: 2.31
Total miles: 51.54

Have a good one everybody!

LadyFirelyght
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/21
Miles for that time: 2.54 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 118.5 miles

My legs are beginning to feel the miles. I've had a dull soreness in them for three days now. But the way I see it, I'm preparing them for a heck of a lot more work come Thursday! (when I start work)

I hope y'all have an awesome day :)

iowasteph2
05-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Date: 5/20
Total Miles for this Challenge: 97.5

iowasteph2
05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Date: 5/22
Miles: 4.5
Total Miles for this Challenge: 101.5

expressyourself
05-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Miles: 5.2
Total Miles for this Challenge: 10.25

GenreGirl
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Do people post with daily or weekly mileage totals? :?: I'm new here & would like to participate. :smug:

Date- 5/22
Miles- 1.5

Should I keep track of my total mileage or is there a separate thread for that?

TIA for your help~

AnnieFannie
05-22-2006, 11:55 PM
GenreGirl welcome. Gald to have you walking with us. I think most of us try to post daily, but it's whatever you feel would work better for you. We use the below format to keep track of our miles.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/21
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 123 miles

dagirl
05-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Miles: 2.04
Total Miles: 30.65

Michele L
05-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Update:
5/21
Miles: 5.8

5/22
Miles: 7.3
TOTAL: 336.2 since the challenge started

No time this morning. I just realized I didn't log Sunday's miles. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY this week.

Have a nice one!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
5/22
Total-8.34
Going to be walking alot this week. Where are we now?

LadyFirelyght
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/22
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 120.56 miles

Too tired to think of anything to say. Have a great day :D

djstorey
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
5/22
Miles: 9.03
Total Miles: 60.57

Well I hope we're making progress across Wyoming!

Welcome to the new people.

Looks like everyone is doing well logging miles. Have a good day!

crk05
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I have some walking to add in...

Date: 5/21
Total so far: 70.5

Total so far: 74.5

Jayde
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Here is a drive by with our progress. I'll come back later after my workout with a proper post. :)

139.118 miles from my first report
100.98 miles current report

For a grand total of (drumroll) 2191.078 miles! So where ARE we? Again I dunno ... I just do the math. hehe

Jordan1975
05-23-2006, 05:37 PM
5/14 - 4
5/15 - 4
5/18 - 4
5/23 - 4
Total Miles for this Challenge = 16

GenreGirl
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I went for a walk this afternoon. Hope you had a good day! :D

Date- 5/23
Miles-1.8

iowasteph2
05-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Date: 5/23
Total Miles for this Challenge: 104.5

Michele L
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
5/23
Miles: 4.5
TOTAL: 340.7

Not much time today. Have meetings all day between classes. Will hopefully have more time later or tomorrow.

Have a nice one!

djstorey
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone!

5/23
Miles: 6.52
Total Miles: 67.09

I didn't get to go for my walk yesterday. We were having wind gusts up to 45 mph! I hate the wind! Oh well, I upped my afternoon workout a little and managed to get some extra steps in that way. Today looks much better outside, so back to my walking!

Have a great day everyone! :wave:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I did not get to walk yesterday We got a pool for the kids. I spent most of time walking from cooking back to the pool to help put it together!! lol We are still filling it up!

I will try again today!

LadyFirelyght
05-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/23
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 122.62 miles

Good morning everyone! I hope you all are doing well today. I'm heading off for orientation in a few hours. An hour of sitting through videos and talks that I saw last year *yawn* Ah well, I don't have to hang on every word, so I can let my mind wander ;)

AnnieFannie
05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/22 & 5/23
Steps/miles for that time: 5 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 128 miles

iowasteph2
05-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Date: 5/24
Total Miles for this Challenge: 108.5

iowasteph2
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Date: 5/24 (part 2)
Total Miles for this Challenge: 111.5

WooHoo! Put me down for another 3 miles for today :)
I just jogged for 30 minutes, which I figure is approx. 3 miles.

expressyourself
05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
5/23 5.25 miles
5/24 4.00 miles
Total Miles for this challenge: 19.5

Jayde
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Date: 5/23
Miles:3.1
Total so far: 107.7

We are moving moving moving. Iowasteph, keep those miles coming!

Michele L
05-25-2006, 08:38 AM
5/24
Miles: 5.4
TOTAL: 346.1

Had a decent day--until we went out for Chinese. We live in a small town, so there's only a couple of choices. And one of them closed due to legal trouble. So that leaves one family-style place, a Chinese place and a couple of pizza places or fastfood. DD chose Chinese since we went to the family place last week. I ordered my favorite sesame chicken and only ate half, but the calories were HUGE! I'll just have to do better today.

Walking was decent--I broke 10000, but I need to do more. It's finally started to be hot, but not quite hot enough for AC. So I suffer a bit more when I exercise.

Oh, well......it's good for me, right?!?!

Have a nice Thursday!

djstorey
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Good morning! :wave:

5/24
miles: 7.3
Total miles: 74.39

Well, I got my walk in yesterday and today the weather looks nice too but then we are in for cold and storms! Hopefully it won't be too bad, but you never know around here. Might have to only do my video workouts for a day or two. Maybe I'll get lucky and the weather man will be wrong, again. We'll see.

Have a good day everyone!

LadyFirelyght
05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/24
Miles for that time: 0.86 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 123.48 miles

Horrible, I know. Today wasn't much better.

Today was my first day of "work". It seems like they didn't really need me, because they sat me down in front of a computer and had me watching training videos for the entire 8 hours (I didn't even take a break!). To say that it was a boring day would be too generous.

Jayde
05-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Date: 5/25
Miles:3.5
Total so far: 111.2

Michele, I hear you on the Chinese. There really isnít a whole lot of healthy that comes out of American style Chinese restaurants. I brace myself when I am out numbered and that is where we MUST go.

Djstorey, I will do a sun dance for you.

I'll come back with our totals in a sec.. and maybe figure out where we are. :smug:

Jayde
05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
100.98 miles second report
70.04 miles this report

For a grand total of (drumroll) 2261.118 miles! So where ARE we? By my calculations, just entering Laurel, Montana!

Only 517 more miles till we cross the Washington/ Montana state line. Hurrah! Misti, better go shopping for our party as soon as she gets back. :)

Jayde
05-25-2006, 09:03 PM
You notice there are a few people who haven't posted in quite a while.. I hope they come back.. I won't name names ... :)

GenreGirl
05-25-2006, 11:13 PM
I walked today! Date-5/25 Miles-1.8 Total this challenge- 5.1:carrot: It was really muggy & I broke out into this amazing sweat. Uck. OTOH, at least I didn't skip.

Michele L
05-26-2006, 08:36 AM
5/25
Miles: 6.8
TOTAL: 352.9

Had a GREAT day yesterday (even though I only did 1 fitness mile)! Somehow with all the end of the year running around, I racked up almost 14000 steps! Haven't done that on a school day in quite a while! Let's hope it continues as I wind down my year! One week from today, the kids are done and the teachers can check out if we have everything done (grades, room cleaned and packed, orders for next year, etc). I can't wait (I know, I'm as bad as the kids)!

Anyway.....DH is going out of town for the weekend, so the kids and I are on our own. Will try to get some serious walks in--I'm behind for my May goal and REALLY want to catch up. Can I do 23 fitness miles between now and bedtime next Wed??? I sure hope so!

Have a good one!

djstorey
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone!

5/25
miles: 9.3
total miles: 83.69

Hope everyone has a great memorial weekend! Luckily for us we planned on staying home and installing our new flooring since the weather is looking really lousy. The wind is already blowing like crazy, so I don't think I'll make my walk. However, clearing out the living room for the flooring and all the other work involved should keep me moving pretty well.

Michelle - congrats on the steps! That's great. Good luck on your May goal! You can do it!

Jayde - thanks for that sundance. Hope it works soon! Maybe we'll get lucky and the bad weather won't stick around for long.

GenreGirl - good job on the walking

Ladyfirelyght - I feel for you! I can't imagine how boring that probably was. Ugh!!

Keep it up everyone! We're doing great!

iowasteph2
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Date: 5/25
Total Miles for this Challenge: 115.5

LadyFirelyght
05-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/25
Miles for that time: 0.78 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 124.26 miles

Bad, I know. I told you it was.

Today's going a bit better. Mind, since my pedometer doesn't count all the short running back and forth that I was doing all day, it only counted .83 miles while I was at work. I think I'm going to soak my legs in some hot water, then do a bit more walking. I don't work again until Monday, so I can get some good mileage in this weekend :)

Jordan1975
05-26-2006, 06:18 PM
5/25 - 1/2 mile (per the pedometer)
5/26 - 4 miles

Total for the challenge thus far - 16.5

HealthierMe
05-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone-
I been AWOL, I had a bunch of crazy stuff happen all at once, and got completely overwhelmed. I basically dealt with work and the daily grind and that was all. I do apologize but I had to take the time to deal with that, but I am back and ready to lace up my sneakers. Hope I can walk along with all of you again, I've missed this community.

I hope all is well with everyone else.

Chris

GenreGirl
05-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Welcome back Healthier Me! Hope you can help get us across the country. :carrot:

Date-5/26
Miles-1.8
Total to date-6.9

iowasteph2
05-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Date: 5/26
Total Miles for this Challenge: 118.5

aschenbrodel
05-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Is it too late to join, and if I add my miles, what dates should I include? All of May?

LadyFirelyght
05-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/26
Miles for that time: 1.18 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 125.44 miles

I am soooo sore today. But I'm still going to get my 2 miles in, because I have today and tomorrow off of work.

Michele L
05-27-2006, 11:57 AM
5/26
Miles: 4.2
TOTAL: 357.1

Have a great weekend!

dagirl
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Date: 5/27
Miles: 3.69
Total miles to date: 34.34

Jordan1975
05-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/27
Miles for that time: 4 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 20.5 miles

Jayde
05-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Is it too late to join, and if I add my miles, what dates should I include? All of May?

Welcome! I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love for you to join us. I think you should begin posting the miles you've logged since you decided to join us but not the entire month of May. We certainly don't want to get to Seattle before Misti gets back from her vacation. :o

See... she is planning this party for all of us. :D

expressyourself
05-28-2006, 10:25 AM
5/25 4.0 miles
5/26 3.5 miles
5/27 5.5 miles
Total so far: 32.5 miles

LadyFirelyght
05-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/27
Miles for that time: 1.88 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 127.32 miles

Well that's a bit better. I actually managed to do half an hour of slower fitness walking last night. I knew I needed to do it, even though I was SO tired (up until then, I'd only slept about 12 of the last 82 hours). :running:

Michele L
05-28-2006, 11:46 AM
5/27
Miles: 7.1
TOTAL: 364.2

I'm behind on my fitness walking goal for May, but I'm TRYING to catch up. I've done 6 miles in 2 days and am planning on more this afternoon. There's a school track right behind my parents' house and I'm planning on walking it a few times this afternoon while I'm at our family BBQ.

16 fitness miles to go.......Can I do it?!?!

djstorey
05-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Just wanted you all to know that I'm still here, just busy. We're putting in our new flooring, (over 500 sq. ft.). I'll have to catch up with you all later and with my posts. Computer is going down today and I don't know when we'll put this room back together.

Talk to you all soon.

Misti in Seattle
05-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Yay I am proud of all of you! I just got back and still catching up on reading... but... are you ready for this???? Here are my totals:
Date Steps Miles
5/21 10810 5.405
5/22 15078 7.539
5/23 24408 12.204
5/24 25869 12.9345
5/25 22949 11.4745
5/26 26049 13.0245
5/27 27037 13.5185
Total 152200 76.1000 Miles!!!

LOL I became VERY well known on the Promenade Deck! I even jogged two miles one day!!! More later. Scale is at work so I won't know the verdict on that until Tuesday... hoping for the best; there was a LOT of food on the ship... I tried! :)

Misti

AnnieFannie
05-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Glad to have you back Misti. WOW..you go girl. You had some major miles there.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/24-5/27
Steps/miles for that time: 10 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 138 miles

Misti in Seattle
05-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks! Yah LOL I made a major effort to beat off all those calories before they had a chance to stick :)

LadyFirelyght
05-28-2006, 05:48 PM
AMAZING job, Misti! Welcome back! :D

Misti in Seattle
05-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks Lydia... it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to get off that ship LOL... what a fantastic trip! I already want to go again <G>

dagirl
05-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Date: 5/28
Miles: 2.94
Total to date: 37.28

Jordan1975
05-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/28
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 24.5 miles

expressyourself
05-28-2006, 11:08 PM
wow, good job Misti :)! Welcome back!!
5/28
miles: 6.25
Total to date: 38.75 miles

Jayde
05-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Our progress?

100.98 miles second report
70.04 miles third report
166.324 this report (Way to go MISTI!!)

So where does that put us? Still several hundred miles shy of the state border. Keep treckin!

Misti welcome back. Hope you had a marvelous time!

Chris! Sooooooooooooooooo good to see you. We have all been worried. I am glad everything is alright.

Misti in Seattle
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for keeping track while I was gone, Jayde!! And yay Chris... welcome back! We missed you and it's good to see you again!! I am confused as to the total mileage and where we are... LOL still too tired to figure it up; we had to get up at 4 AM to get my niece to the airport this morning.

Jayde
05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
oops.. I forgot the total.. 2427.442 miles from our starting point.

So that would put us about 20 miles shy of Whitehall, MT.

Misti in Seattle
05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
WOW! We only have 639 miles to go! I had best start hanging decorations in the cyberhall LOL

Michele L
05-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome home, Misti!

I can't believe how close we are on our trek across the country! We'll be there before we know it!

5/28
Miles: 6.6
TOTAL: 370.8

Had a good day yesterday. Did a 3 mile WATP in the morning. Then we went to my parents' house for a family BBQ, where I ate moderately. I had hoped to walk on the school track behind the house, but it was too HOT! So when we came home I did another 2 mile WATP. I still have 14 miles to do in 3 days, which is pushing it, but I think I can do it!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

iowasteph2
05-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome back, Misti. Great job on that mileage! Wow!

Date: 5/29
Total Miles for this Challenge: 121.5

LadyFirelyght
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/28
Miles for that time: 1.01 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 128.09 miles

Busy day at work today. Tons of people stopping at McDonald's on their way to Sea World (my work is about 2 miles from Sea World) meant tons of business. It was exciting. You know, it sort of gives me a taste of what it'll be like when I become a chef. Exhilerating.

expressyourself
05-29-2006, 10:29 PM
5/28 6.5 miles
5/29 6.9 miles
Total so far: 45.9 miles

iowasteph2
05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Date: 5/29--part 2
Total Miles for this Challenge: 124.5

I got bored watching TV, so I went out jogging again. I did about 3 more miles.

Misti in Seattle
05-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everybody! LOL sorry I am not more "with it" right now... today I mostly crashed...slept and read. My total for today:

Date: 5/30
Miles: 1

That's right... one! 2114 steps. I went to the grocery store and that's it. I did take my niece to the airport at 4 AM but didn't have my pedometer and didn't walk enough for it to matter. I am beat!! :)

GenreGirl
05-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Date- 5/29
Miles-1.5
Total -7.4

Glad you had a great time! Welcome back~ :)

HealthierMe
05-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Welcome back Misti, sounds like you had a great time; impressive mileage, too!

Thanks Jayde for the welcome back, I've missed you all.

I walked 13.50 miles over the memorial day weekend. I headed to the track yesterday with the intentions of walking 5 miles, but it's getting humid and gross up here in New England.

I can't believe we are almost in Seattle. Woo Hoo!

Michele L
05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
5/29
Miles:6.6
TOTAL: 377.4

Been TRYING to reach my walking goal for May. Right now, I'm 7 miles short with the rest of today and tomorrow to get it done. Doable, but I don't know.....

Hotter than heck here these past few days. And of course high humidity to boot! The AC is getting a workout already (though school was NOT fun today)!

Hope everyone is doing well!

djstorey
05-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, I've got my computer temporarily hooked up for now. We have not finished the flooring we're are putting in and now that's it's back to work for my husband, it probably won't be done until next weekend or longer. It's taking soooo long! My computer is now sharing a cable hookup with the TV, so it's going to be harder to get on here until we get done.

Anyways, I only have miles to add in for 2 days. During most of the flooring work, I forgot to put my pedometer on.

5/26
Miles: 7.25

5/29
Miles: 6.35

Total miles:98.29

I'll catch up again soon.

iowasteph2
05-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Total Miles for this Challenge: 127.5

Jayde
05-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Miles:1.8
Total so far: 113.00

Michele, you will make your goal. I have 22 miles to go.. not doable in just tomorrow esp. since I am working. But maybe if I extend one day... I might be able to do it as I am off Thursday. Hmmm... :) Somehow I don't think so...

dagirl
05-30-2006, 11:18 PM
5/29... 1.71 miles
5/30... 3.57 miles

Total miles to date: 42.56

Misti in Seattle
05-31-2006, 01:37 AM
5/30
Mile: 7.1975

Yay I lost 2 pounds on the cruise!!!

AnnieFannie
05-31-2006, 01:48 AM
Congrats on the 2# loss Misti. That's great. Oh.. BTW.. love the your new pic.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/28-5/30
Steps/miles for that time: 8 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 146 miles

Michele L
05-31-2006, 08:31 AM
5/30
Miles:4.7
TOTAL: 382.1

Didn't do more walking yesterday evening, so I came up a bit short of 10000 steps. Looks like I may not make my may goal. I still have 7 miles to go and I just don't think I can do that much after a full day of work and in this heat. I'll do what I can, and just say well done!

Today is the last full day of school--YAY! I have a guest speaker coming in for my Spanish II's. He's a young man who graduated from our school 2 years ago and recently spent a semester studying in Spain. He's coming to share all his experiences and pictures! Hopefully, some of our students going to Spain with us next summer can come in, too. Then the Spanish I's have their end of the year test. Lots of grading, but no planning necessary. Tomorrow each class is only about 25 minutes, so it's all downhill from here!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Misti in Seattle
05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey, Annie... I see you are standing there right on the edge of OneDerland! Yay for you! Can't wait until you cross over!!! Good job!

Michele, good attitude about the goal... after all you set a BIG goal for yourself so just focus on what you DID accomplish!

Everybody hang in there and have a good day! I am still having a hard time focusing and staying awake after the cruise... LOL I really wiped myself out but it was worth it. :)

LadyFirelyght
05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/29, 30
Miles for that time: 1.78 + 2.02 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 131.89 miles

Not as busy at work yesterday, but I did do a lot more walking.

We're almost to Seattle! YAY!

Jayde
05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Date: 5/31
Miles:4.5
Total so far: 117.5

I'm giving myself until tomorrow midnight on my personal challenge just to see how close I can get.

Annie.. um did you ever step on the you know what. I thought I wouldn't ask but since Misti brought it up. :devil:

GenreGirl
05-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Date- 5/31 Miles- 2Total this Challenge- 9.4

AnnieFannie
06-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Hmm.. the answer would be no. I haven't had the nerve to get on it. Before my excuse was because I don't have one. Now it's just plain fear of getting on the scale. I am having issues of whether or not I want to know. Eventually, I am going to have to do it because that's the only way I am going to know and it will help me get back in control of things. Right now I feel like I don't have control of what I am eating. I'll get on one soon. That will be my goal for June. To finally see how much I weigh.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/31
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 148 miles

Jayde
06-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Right now I feel like I don't have control of what I am eating. I'll get on one soon. That will be my goal for June. To finally see how much I weigh.

Oh, Annie. If you had said that you were eating right and exercising and felt in control I would have responded that the scale was not important if you had such an aversion to it right now.

But you are avoiding it as if you were in denial. GET ON IT SOON.. It's just a number.. no matter what it shouldn't affect how you feel about yourself since you are the same before stepping on as you are afterwards. The difference is that your glasses won't be frosted.. I lived in a hole for a long time because I refused to get on the scale. I really did myself in. But no more.. Thanks to 3FC I get on now every day! Something I never ever imagined I would do.

:hug: to you, Annie. Keep walking... but make sure of of those walks is onto the you know what. (I feel like a character from Harry Potter. "The one who must not be named").. :D

Michele L
06-01-2006, 08:19 AM
5/31
Miles: 7.5
TOTAL: 389.6

I had a great day with all the running around I have to do. Multiple trips to the storage closet with books to keep and books to pitch. Today should be more of the same. Although, we have our staff BBQ and then a party to reveal our secret pals, which will mean a bit of sitting. I decided to do my fitness walk tonight after school. I hope I can squeeze it in between things. DD has her dress rehearsal for dance recital tonight and I have to be there. Just get me through this weekend........!

expressyourself
06-01-2006, 08:23 AM
5/30 3.78 miles
5/31 4.95 miles
Total so far : 54.63 miles

Misti in Seattle
06-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I am doing lousy lately since I am doing so much sleeping. But I didn't get my lunchtime walk in yesterday since my coworkers took me to lunch for a late birthday lunch.

Date: 5/31
Miles: 4.102

djstorey
06-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Well, with all our flooring issues, I just have not gotten in as many miles as normal. Can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this floor! My house is a disaster with furniture scattered and piles of stuff everywhere. I just want my life to go back to normal.

5/31
Miles: 5.3
Total Miles: 103.59

Have a good day. :wave:

Misti in Seattle
06-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Well look at the bright side, dj... it will be a lot of good exercise getting all that stuff back in order!! :)

LadyFirelyght
06-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/31
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 133.95 miles

You know, I actually LIKE working at McDonald's this time around (I worked there for 6 months last year). I really, genuinely have a good time, and it's practically 7 1/2 hours of pure exercise! I'm having trouble eating enough, but I'm working on it. I've decided to start buying lunches since the whole bringing lunch to work thing wasn't working out for me. I've started buying the South Beach Diet wraps that they have in the deli section of Walmart. 1000mg of sodium, but I figure as much as I'm sweating, I need plenty of salt to replenish.

06-01-2006, 01:48 PM
22/5 6
23/5 6
24/5 6
25/5 7
26/5 6
26/5 6
27/5 6
28/5 7
29/5 6
30/5 6
31/5 6
1/6 6

Total 168 miles so far

Jayde
06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Date: 6/1
Miles:6.1
Total so far: 123.6

DJ I hear ya... a few years ago we tiled most of the house. We were going t put down wood flooring in the living room and master bedroom also but I just got so sick of living in chaos we didn't get that far. Hugs to you. :)

6.1 miles is the most I think I've ever done on a single treadmill workout. It felt great!

iowasteph2
06-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Miles: 2
Total Miles for this Challenge: 129.5

Jayde
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Date: 6/1 workout #2
Miles:5.1
Total so far: 128.7

That is more than 11 miles on the mill in one day. I'll sleep good tonight!

dagirl
06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
5/31... 1.37
6/1... 2.41

Total miles to date... 46.34

Misti in Seattle
06-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Miles: 6.4055

Jordan1975
06-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/01
Miles for that time: 8 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 32.5 miles

Michele L
06-02-2006, 09:09 AM
6/1
Miles: 7.5
TOTAL: 397.1

Well, it was a VERY long day yesterday! The 3 hours of classes seemed to drag. And then we had the BBQ and secret pal party, which were nice. Though it was hard to focus on having fun with grades and paperwork and cleaning hanging over my head.

I came home and did a 2 mile workout because I knew I wouldn't have time later with rehearsal (and I was SO right). It was scheduled for 7:15 to 8:15 and we didn't get home until after 9:30!!! I was frustrated (and tired)! I fell right into bed and slept all night (something I don't often do)!

Today is my check-out day, so I have LOTS to do: finish grades, pack up bookcases and my desk, complete various forms, etc. It will be busy and I will get lots of steps logged! Tonight, DH is taking us to a smokehouse restaurant for dinner. YUM!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

LadyFirelyght
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/1
Miles for that time: 1.4 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 135.35 miles

Rough day at work yesterday. I'm sooooooo tired. I went to bed at 10 o'clock last night, slept until 8am. That's around 3 hours more sleep than I've been averaging over the last two weeks. I think I'll take it easy today, but Saturday and Sunday I'll get some good exercise in.

NavyWifeDee
06-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry for being gone again guys, but it looks like you're doing fine without me. Once again I was without internet, and between working and filling out paperwork for the job I am trying to get, I haven't had time to get to the internet cafe. I'm not sure how many miles I've done, but I'll add in my 6 for this week so far, and will be adding more tonight and tomorrow. Missed you all, and hopefully will be here more often now.

Dee

Jayde
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Date: 6/2
Miles: 6.4
Total so far: 135.1

I could barely handle the last half mile this morning. But I pushed out another tenth of a mile with the biggest smile on my face. :D

Sorry for being gone again guys, but it looks like you're doing fine without me.

:( I miss you each time you disappear. Even called for you for a long time the last time. Dee... :hug: We'd be so much closer to this cyber party if you'd stop disappearing. :D No internet... that can't be helped.. so jot down the miles if this happens again.. and then log. Really did miss you, Dee. Hoping your ankles and all that are holding up for you!

djstorey
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
6/1
Miles: 6.75
Total Miles: 110.34

Yes, Misti, I am and will get lots of exercise with this whole project. We're doing it ourselves and I've been so worn out!

Jayde - I think I know why you didn't get that far with your tile! I'd be ready to quit but most of our old floor is now torn out, so, no choice but to finish! I'm just one of those people who gets stressed when my house is so out of order! It's making the whole "diet" thing really hard to stick to. Oh well, haven't gained, haven't lost, so I can't complain too much!

Have a good day everyone!

GenreGirl
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Today's numbers-

Date- 6/2
Miles- 1.8
Total miles this challenge- 13

expressyourself
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
6/1
3.75 miles
Total so far: 58.38 miles

Jordan1975
06-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/02
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 36.5 miles

expressyourself
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
6/2
4.10 miles
Total so far: 62.48 miles

HealthierMe
06-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I hope everyone's had a good week. I can't believe that we are so close to Seattle, just imagine how many pairs of sneakers we've worn out. I think everyone should treat themselves to a little something special once we get there.

Miles logged the past 2 days: 8.75 miles

NavyWifeDee
06-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Sorry Jayde... I'll pop back in with my miles for the day, and I'm hoping to throw in at least 4 tomorrow. Nice to be back, and I'm having to bust my butt now, because I have to be able to pass a physical readiness test in Sept since I applied for a job with the Alaska State Police. Keep your fingers crossed, and feel free to send me some cyber kicks in the bum if you catch me slacking again.... Can't wait til the cyber party.... Are we going to walk back? maybe across the south?

Day miles were logged: 6/2
# of miles: 2

Dee

Michele L
06-03-2006, 09:16 AM
6/2
Miles: 5.1
TOTAL: 402.2

Had a BUSY day yesterday! Didn't QUITE finish, though. So it's back to work for awhile on Monday. I'll squeeze it in between DD's softball in the morning and DS's basketball camp in the afternoon. Should only take 1-2 hours.

Today is dance recital #1 at 6pm and I STILL don't have a ballerina bear for DD! She's informed me that she HAS to have one since I've ALWAYS gotten her one! Silly me for thinking that at 12, she might not want one anymore! DS has been invited to a birthday party tonight and we still need a gift. SO.....I get to spend part of my day shopping.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Misti in Seattle
06-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know where we are? :) I think it would be fun to walk down and walk back across the southern route across. Everybody game? Or any other ideas where to go? We CAN'T stop now... we are all doing so well!

LadyFirelyght
06-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/2
Miles for that time: 0.39 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 135.74 miles

Yes, you read that right... 0.39 miles. I was not feeling well at ALL yesterday, so I spent most of the day in bed. I've been feeling extremely nauseated for a week now, it's mostly been in the morning (no, there isn't a possibility of my being pregnant), but yesterday it was all day long. I barely forced myself into eating 1000 calories, and most of what I could stomach wasn't even good for me :( The thought of food had me nauseated, so I was basically taking anything I could get down. I hope I start feeling better soon, because it's no fun being sick.

Misti in Seattle
06-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Lydia, sorry you are not feeling well... but you are right in staying in bed and taking care of yourself! There will be more days to get in the walking! :hug:

Today by 8:30 I had walked to church and back... around 12,000 steps. On the way there it is mostly uphill whew! Coming back was nice. I think I am going to get up early enough to walk in the morning and put a change of clothes in my lightweight backpack. BTW the 12,000 is not my count for the day.... will get more later! Just sharing. :)

AnnieFannie
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/1 & 6/2
Steps/miles for that time: 3 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 151 miles

dagirl
06-03-2006, 05:50 PM
6/2 ... 2.06 miles
6/3 ... 3.35 miles

Total miles to date ... 51.75

iowasteph2
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Date: 6/3
Total Miles for this Challenge: 133.5

expressyourself
06-03-2006, 11:49 PM
6/3
5.50 miles
Total so far: 67.98

Misti in Seattle
06-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi again... I didn't get too many more steps than I first posted today but I DID go out and swim and water workout for about 1-1/2 hours. Whew.

Miles: 6.604

Good news is I set a record for aerobic steps at 11,413 in 102 minutes, or an average of almost 112 steps a minute. Wow!! I am happy with myself.

Jordan1975
06-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/03
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 40.5 miles

djstorey
06-04-2006, 10:19 AM
6/2
Miles: 6.8

6/3
Miles: 9.25
Total Miles: 126.39

Good job Misti!

Hope all are having a good weekend!

Michele L
06-04-2006, 10:34 AM
6/3
Miles: 6.4
TOTAL: 408.6

Have a nice Sunday!

Misti in Seattle
06-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Date: 6/2
Miles: 6

Miles: 6.604

Our new total is 2730.610.

Wow! We are in Couer D'Alene Idaho!!!! Only a few more miles to Spokane WA and the home stretch!!!

iowasteph2
06-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Wow! I can't believe how quickly we're making it across the country!! We just flew through Montana! Washington is a big state though, so let's not let up!! Keep the going!!!

Date: 6/4
Total Miles for this Challenge: 136.5

LadyFirelyght
06-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/3
Miles for that time: 0.39 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 136.13 miles

I took exactly ONE step more yesterday than I did on Friday :rofl:

Today will be better, promise. I'm going walking with my mom in about an hour :)

Misti in Seattle
06-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Glad you are doing better, Lydia. Hang in there and take good care of yourself!

And Steph you are right... it's a BIG state to cross! But at least I kind of know my way around LOL. Also we still have to get BACK to MA! :) Maybe down through Boise ID and back across the southern route? Or would everyone prefer to go all the way down the coast of California and AROUND the US all along the entire coast? :) Anyone brave enough???? What do you all think we should do next? Definitely we should not quit IMO!!! We are getting good at this stuff and hopefully we can pick up some more walkers along the way.

expressyourself
06-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Thats a great idea! Im up for the challenge of going along the entire US coast :)
6/4
5.15 miles
Total so far: 73.13 miles

Misti in Seattle
06-04-2006, 10:56 PM
That WOULD be fun wouldn't it? <GGGGG> :dance:

Michele L
06-05-2006, 09:14 AM
6/4
TOTAL: 412.6

Had a little bit slower day yesterday. I did 2 fitness miles, but obviously, not much else, since I only hit a bit more than 8000 steps. I'm officially on summer vacation, so I'm planning on MORE FITNESS MILES! I have the time, so I'm going to use it for ME! I also have various cleaning and organizing projects to get done. My in-laws come in 2 weeks and the guest bedroom is a disaster! Then there's the bathroom that NEVER seems truly clean--YUCK! And of course, all the filing I always promise to do (and never do it).

It will be a BUSY summer! Before I know it, it will be August again and I'll be planning my back-to-school schedule! YIKES!

Have a great week!

djstorey
06-05-2006, 09:20 AM
6/4
Miles: 2.7
Total Miles: 129.09

Going along the coast sounds good to me!

Have a great day everyone!

Misti in Seattle
06-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Okay we have three so far who have agreed to going along the coast... so let's go for it! Yikes, we are gluttons for punishment! But by the time we get back to Hopedale we can call ourselves the "Skinny Chicks" instead of the fat ones LOL.

Yesterday was slow for me... but only because I did a couple hours of water aerobics instead of my walking; I want to do more of that to add in, especially on weekends.

Date: 6/4
Miles: 1.5

LadyFirelyght
06-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/4
Miles for that time: 3.54 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 139.67 miles

I'm totally up for going across a different coast! Count me in.

AnnieFannie
06-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm totally up for going down the coast and back to the east. Let's do it.

Not much walking done in the last couple of days. Hopefully, I'll get more in today.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/3 & 6/4
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 153 miles

HealthierMe
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Misti, I'm catching up on the recent posts, and want to say way to go on the 2 lb loss, to go on a cruise and lose weight, well...I'm impressed.

It was a disgusting rainy weekend here in Hopedale, so I didn't walk as much as I had planned.

7.75 miles for Saturday and Sunday combined. I won't report today yet because I am trying to work up the energy to pop in a WATP DVD, sitting on the couch is winning out. Perhaps if I strap up my sneakers, then it will propel me into it.

I'm in for the circle back to Hopedale, I'd love to be a skinny chick or at least a "healthy weight" chick at some point.

Have a good night!

expressyourself
06-05-2006, 10:56 PM
6/5
6.89 miles
total so far: 80.02 miles

Misti in Seattle
06-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Yippee, glad so many of you are "up" for the long trip back! Wow I am impressed that we have come so far so quickly. Chris, as for losing weight on the cruise... well, wow, yes I sure did work at it LOL.

Date: 6/5
Miles: 7.257

I also did almost an hour of water aerobics tonight again, not that it counts here but just tooting my own horn. :)

NavyWifeDee
06-06-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm definitely in for the full circuit... and yes, I'll try to actually be here.. Way to go guys, you are all really cruising. I'll add in some miles now, for the weekend and yesterday... not done yet today.

6/3 - 3 mi
6/4 - 2 mi
6/5 - 2 mi

There we go... barring injury, which i feel I am close to unfortunately, I'll be back on track now, because I have to seriously step up my exercise levels in order to be in shape for my physical testing in Aug or Sep. Everyone cross your fingers that I can find money in my budget for a new pair of shoes, mine are so bad now that I need new ones or I'll be hurting myself.

Dee
p.s. when we get to florida on the way back... we should detour to key west so I can throw a party!

Misti in Seattle
06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Great idea, Dee... and hey if we are going to go around the US technically we have to include Key West. :) My friend in Fort Lauderdale said she would feed us all healthy food when we get there. :) I will convince her to come into the forum and share when we are there.

It is going to be kind of hard to track the miles... how far it is around... we will have to do it in segments... first Seattle to San Diego...???

LadyFirelyght
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/5
Miles for that time: 1.30 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 140.97 miles

Not much to say except... WOO HOO!!!!!!! TODAY IS PAYDAY!!!

Yeah. I'm happy to be getting the first check :D

Michele L
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
6/5
Miles: 4.9
TOTAL: 417.5

Had an OK day yesterday. Did 2 fitness miles (had planned on more....) and ate pretty well. Mom's taxi service is in full swing: Softball, basketball, and today the dentist and grocery store.

Have a nice day!

djstorey
06-06-2006, 06:34 PM
5/5
Miles: 6.9
Total miles: 135.99

Ok, my last report will be tomorrow for the miles I get today. I'm off to visit family for a week and won't be back on until maybe next friday. Keep up the good work everyone! I'll catch up to you soon

GenreGirl
06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
DH & I walked up a steep hill near our house last night- much bigger & steeper on foot than by car!:^:

Date-6/05
Miles-2.3
Total- 15.3

NavyWifeDee
06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
So.. this morning I walked a bit, and this evening I just got that urge to at least go around the block a bit. As luck would have it, I ran into my neighbors just after completing my first trip around the block, and walked a while with them.. they want to start walking whenever we can, and when I get my feet and the neighbor's DH gets his knees in better shape, we're gonna start running! Yay for exercise partners. So... here we go for today...

6/6 - 4.5 mi

Dee

expressyourself
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
6/6
5.9 miles
Total so far: 86.1 miles

Misti in Seattle
06-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Glad everyone is doing so well with your walking. Yay! I have a new walking partner too, during my lunch hour. One woman said she wants to commit to going with someone who really does it so picked me... so she will do it and not make excuses. :) We've been walking together the last week or so.

Date: 6/6
Miles: 7.757

djstorey
06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
5/6
Miles: 7.1
Total Miles: 143.09

This is the last day I can post since I'm off to California for a week. I'll catch up with you all later and see where you made it to!

Keep on going!

Michele L
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
6/6
Miles: 6
TOTAL: 423.5

Had a GREAT day yesterday! I did a total of 4 fitness miles! Unfortunately, DH decided that the family "needed" to go to Leon's and get ice cream. In the summer, we usually go once a week. I just need to find a "better" choice when I go. I've been getting their version of DQ's Blizzard with heath pieces mixed in mine. I KNOW there must be better choices than that, but it's SO DARN GOOD! HELP!!!

Anyway.....it warmed back up after 48 hours without the AC, so I will be walking inside again.

Try to stay cool and happy walking!

LadyFirelyght
06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/6
Miles for that time: 1.88 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 142.85 miles

Yesterday was a long day... I suspect that today will be, too :(

GenreGirl
06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Date- 6/6
Miles- 2.5
Total this challenge- 17.8

Jayde
06-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Date: 6/? + 6/7
Miles: 6.1
Total so far: 141.2

Dee, wishing you luck in September. Keep moving!

We have house guests so it is hard for me to post. But I am getting my workouts in.

expressyourself
06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
6/7
7.67 miles
Total so far: 93.77

Misti in Seattle
06-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Date: 6/7
Miles: 8.048

Wow I also did about an hour or so of water aerobics tonight. That is sure a great way to unwind a bit after work! And I do feel it is helping with the toning and stuff!

iowasteph2
06-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Date: 6/7
Miles: 5.5
Total Miles for this Challenge: 142

Michele L
06-08-2006, 09:45 AM
6/7
Miles: 3.7
TOTAL: 427.2

I'm doing my fitness miles, but not getting to 10000 steps. I need to figure something out!

Misti in Seattle
06-08-2006, 09:55 AM
You are doing great though Michele... you are consistent!!!

Wonder where we are by now...???

LadyFirelyght
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 6/7
Miles for that time: 2.26 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 145.11 miles

Today is going to be interesting... the owner of the McDonald's I work at is coming in to check the place out. Can you say "frenzy"? Hahahaha... oy. :p

NavyWifeDee
06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
6/7 - 1.5 mi

Was supposed to walk 2, but the neighbor drove by, and my foot was hurting so bad i was limping, so he gave me a lift the rest of the way home. I am getting new shoes on the 15th, so I'll probably be barely hanging in there with miles till then, just cuz my foot hurts so much.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Dee

GenreGirl
06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Yesterday's numbers: 6/7, 2 miles, total miles this challenge 19.8~

expressyourself
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
6/8
3.50 miles
total so far : 97.27 miles

Michele L
06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
6/8
Miles: 9.5 (I did just over 19000 steps :carrot: :cheer:)
TOTAL: 436.7

I had an AWESOME day yesterday! First, I did a 2 mile WATP with 3 pound weights. Then, a bit later, after an argument with my 12 year old daughter, I hopped on the treadmill for 1.5 miles (I had to burn off some frustration). Then, in the afternoon, I invited her to join me on a walk at the local track. We walked and talked for an hour, which was 3 miles!! SO.....6.5 fitness miles yesterday!

Last night we went out to dinner and then hung out on the courthouse lawn for some good rock and roll music. Our local Chamber of Commerce is hosting Music on the Courthouse Lawn every Thursday in June and last night was the kick-off. They played Eagles, Aerosmith, Styx, Chicago, Beatles,etc. It was FUN! It cooled off nicely AND there were almost NO BUGS!!! We really didn't plan to stay til it ended at 9, but we were having such fun that we did!

Today will be another busy day. Softball, basketball and eye Dr., PLUS packing for a camping trip to Minnesota. I'm not going because I have a class all day tomorrow, but the rest of the family is going, so I have grocery shopping and helping the kids be ready when hubby gets home.

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!

iowasteph2
06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Date: 6/8
Total Miles for this Challenge: 145

NavyWifeDee
06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! I didn't get up this morning, but do expect to do some serious walking this evening with my marine neighbor and his wife... he sets a punishing pace, lol. I did walk home from work yesterday, so I'm not doing too bad. Bought some insoles for my shoes to hopefully keep me from injury til I can afford to buy new shoes next week. They seem to be helping some, but my shoes are so worn out, I don't know that anything would help much. You would not believe how quick tennis shoes wear out when you have to have them on your feet every second that you are out of bed. I go through a new pair in less than 4 months. I'm hoping that after I get a bit more weight off, it won't be such an issue. Most of the time, I feel like an outcast, because everyone else is wearing flipflops or sandals, even dh, and dk's, and I have to wear my tennis shoes.

Oh well..... I'll live, lol.

here's my miles for yesterday,

6/8 - 2 mi

Dee