Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #16  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/14
Miles for that time: 2.52 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 100.89 miles!!!!! WOO HOO!!

I just wanna say, I love my boyfriend. He's honestly the BIGGEST support I have in my life, to date. Last night at around 9pm I was on the phone with him and noticed that I'd only walked 1.63 miles. Oh no! I told him that and he says to me "Just keep going, babe! You gotta reach your goal, especially if you're not too tired." And kept encouraging me as I walked around the house to get my miles in. He distracted me so much that I did almost a full mile! I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday.

Michele: Glad to see you only went over your calories a little bit. That's great for such a special occasion as MD
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #17  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I'm here. I had a nice peaceful day yesterday. We went for a walk and took my mother her card and present. I found a discounted Santa at the Hallmark store in town. She loves Santas and that's the only thing she'll put on her Christmas tree. SO when in doubt buy her Santas. I couldn't find anything with frogs. Oh she loves those too. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something with frogs for her birthday. I hope everyone had a great mother's day. I got a new cordless mouse. woo hoo. I love it. Nothing too flashy, but I was always complaining about the cord of the mouse getting in the way. Take care all.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/14
Steps/miles for that time: 2 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 104 miles
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

Date: 5/13
Miles: .50

Saturday my DH needed to do some pricing on doors for this house he is working on. So we walked all over Home Depot getting prices for the job and dreaming and window shopping for ourselves. We were in there for an hour and later that evening I sure did feel the strain in my butt and thighs after all the walking we did. It felt good though because I knew the strain meant that I worked those muscles and they sure do need it. Mother's Day was good. My two oldest boys took me to breakfast, didn't over do it on the food but treated myself.

Have a great Monday Everyone!
kristine724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM   #19  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Date: 5/15
Miles:2.6
Total so far: 86.3

Annie, I’ll bet you are in Onederland already. And if not, you’ll know that too if you'd just get on the scale. (ok.. I’m curious for you!!)

Moo, that’s a lot of walking! Hope you are doing well with your other challenge too. Hugs.

Djstorey, I only count workout miles. I need to as it is my insurance! And looking at my personal challenge if I don't get more miles in I won't make it before June 1st.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Woo hoo, glad you all are doing so well! Lydia, how wonderful about your boyfriend... hang onto that guy!!

I'm rushing through this week... yikes getting ready for the cruise... but mine for today is:

Date: 5/15
Miles: 7.323

It was hard because it was sooooooooooooooooo hot for here (around 86) and I did NOT want to go walking but I did it anyway!!! for me.

Also since I started keeping track in Feb for the chick march I have gone 921,000 steps... toward my one million goal!!!

Our new total is: 1848.47

Still about 30 miles to go to reach Rapid City SD -- we will make it tomorrow or maybe even tonight as others post!!! Yippeeee! Then it is only about another 50 miles to Spearfish, which is just a few miles from the state line and we will cross over into Wyoming! We are really moving!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #21  

Jayde, I keep track of my aerobic steps in my Excel database... I love the Omron pedometer since it keeps track of both. I also keep track of how many steps per minute I average, etc. But for the challenge I count all of them. I know some people do it each way so I think everybody just does it whichever way they want and that is fine. As long as we're walking!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #22  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
Jayde, I keep track of my aerobic steps in my Excel database... I love the Omron pedometer since it keeps track of both. I also keep track of how many steps per minute I average, etc. But for the challenge I count all of them. I know some people do it each way so I think everybody just does it whichever way they want and that is fine. As long as we're walking!!!
Of course. As long as we are moving. (And get to Seattle before winter) .

I think a pedomometer is a great thing. I'd been considering getting one so that I am sure to keep in plenty of daily movement over the summer when I am not working. Time flies when you are in the backyard reading a book. No exercise there.

I am also curious as to how many steps I take in a regular day at work.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #23  

Date: 5/14; 5/15
Miles: 1; 4
Total Miles for this Challenge: 86.5
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #24  

Jayde, you will love the pedometer! I am so glad I finally ordered the Omron HJ-112 that everyone here was raving about! LOL I admit I am constantly trying to break my record for aerobic steps per minute!! And yah it is fun to see how many I walk in a work day.

For example, today I had 14,646 total steps; 7074 of those were aerobic. Usually my aerobic are a little higher but I didn't walk my first break but cleaned out my car instead LOL. Also it was not so went a bit slower than usual.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #25  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

5/15
Miles: 4.6
TOTAL: 297.8

Had an OK day. Got some disappointing news at work, which had me sad the rest of the day--a long-time teacher in our district has decided to leave after more than 20 years! She's not retiring, just leaving for another position. Most of us suspect that it's because of the negative atmosphere the administration has created. They will regret it when they have lost SOOOOO many good teachers. That's not to say that newer, younger teachers can't be good. But, they aren't appreciating what they have, and that's sad.

Anyway, I was a bit under with my numbers yesterday, but hope to do better today. Hope everyone is having a nice week. I wish our weather would clear up. With the exception of a few hours yesterday, we have had gray clouds and rain for almost a week. I HATE IT!

Have a nice Tuesday!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #26  

Sorry you got the bad news Michelle!

About the weather... LOL I am just the opposite... it has been HOT and sunny which I HATE and it makes it hard for me to get in my walking. Send the gray clouds and rain our way... I love it!!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #27  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hi everyone. Looks like the miles are adding up quickly! I went ahead and wore my pedometer all day. It was easier for me to do that rather than just counting my exercise miles. I was scared I would forget to put it on otherwise!

5/15
Miles: 5.91

Misti - I understand about the weather! It has suddenly gotten hot here too so working out is a little miserable. I do love the sunshine, but wish it would stay in the 70's. We went straight from the 50's to the 80's here and I'm not used to it yet!

Michelle - hope you have a better day today!

Keep up the good work everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #28  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/15
Miles for that time: 2.04 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 102.93 miles

Not much to report today. Just wanted to say hi
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #29  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the encouragement Jayde. I'll get on that scale soon. Maybe by the weekend. Nothing new to report here.

I don't like to exercise when it's hot out either. It's been pretty tolerable here with the exception of the rain. I'm not looking forward to summer and the 90+ weather well have.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 5/15
Steps/miles for that time: 2.5 mile
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 106.5 miles
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
Moo, that’s a lot of walking! Hope you are doing well with your other challenge too. Hugs.
Mmm its compulsory too , only I could get a job in the back end of beyond, with no bus service and I don't drive. The no smoking challenge is going really well - Thanks Jayde x

14/5 - 3 miles ... Lazy Moo
15/5 - 7 miles

Errr now the maths bit 66 miles
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote