Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #1  

Default Introducing myself....

Hello all! I have been lurking here for a few days and I must say I enjoy this group of ladies (if there are any guys I apologize - speak up!). The 20-somethings forum seems to be the group I relate with most. So, blah blah blah, yada yada yada....

My name is Sage, I just turned 26, and I live in Northeast Florida. Like many of you here, I have struggled with my weight pretty much all my life. My highest weight, that I can remember was 180-something and that was like 10th grade in high school. My lowest weight was not last summer, but the summer before that. The lowest I weighed in at was 133. While I have gone up and down pretty much since my junior year in high school til present, my first considerable weight loss was the summer after my freshman year in college. I think by that fall I was low 150's. Then I went up and down and then the summer after my senior year I got down to the low 140's. Then I moved to Florida from the north...then I met a boy...then I had my biggest weight loss to date, and I was down to the low 130's. Then the honeymoon stage was over, and I got to that comfortable stage in a relationship where you just don't try anymore because you have someone who loves you for who you are.

So I just turned 26 (cinco de mayo!) and the first qaurter century is done. I want to take back control of my body. In college I was a Div 1 athlete (rower) and let me tell you, I was in the best shape of my life. Being 150 when you have a crapload of muscle is not the same 150 when you don't (I can attest to that). OK, I'm rambling...moving on....

This morning I weighed myself. So 144 is my official starting weight as of today. I want to get back to the 130's, but more important, I want to be healthy again. While I know I'm not "old", I do know that around now, the metabolism starts slowing down. I live in Florida damn it! and I still never wear shorts!

So that's my story in a nutshell. I love forums like this for the support, companionship, and accountability. I will contemplate a goal weight and keep you guys posted.
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
Run Forest Run!

Welcome! And good luck with your goal
bone idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #3  

Default measurements

ok, I just took my measurements: 35/34/40

I'm built just like my mom. If you were to see a pic of just my head and shoulders, you would have no indication of what you're not seeing below to photo. Yes, I have true thunder thighs. I always have, and I'm sure, no matter what my weight, I will always be built that way.

I want to start running again. I have found true motivation from the little runner's thread here. I wish I was a morning person, but I so am not. So, since it's light here until almost 9pm, I really have no excuse for not running after work - no matter when I get home.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hi !!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi Sage and (love your name btw!)

You sound like you are on the right track for losing your weight. I highly recommend writing your goals down (we have a sticky thread for our May Goals that you may want to add to) and the Fitness Challenge is very motivating too.

Hope to see you around
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

sage, nice to meet you. I can definitely relate to 150 mucle packed not being the same as 150 muscle ridden...that at about 130 is my life story
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Sage!

I have lived in FL for the past 10 years and have not wore shorts ONCE out in public! I have wore sundresses here and there but never shorts. With the worst time of year coming up this is the perfect time to get in shape for those shorts... good luck!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #8  

Thank you thank you for all the kind welcomes! Thanks for the name complement Daisy, though I give my mom all the credit! She was a hippie... I tried to get my name as my screen name, but someone already has it, grrrr...it's probably not even their real name...I digress....

Nevaeh, I so relate on the shorts thing. Fortunately my blood thinned out real fast, and I can being wearing a full fledged suit when it's 90 something and be alright (I mean, I'm hot, but not profusely sweating and dying). But yes, the only time I wear shorts is when I run. But all the shorts that aren't athletic in nature these days are sooo short, and let me tell you, I just refuse to wear them! Oh well, one day...