PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/253.5/165

Default Here We Go Again!

Well, I'm an old hand at this so I'm not frustrated...my weight is all over the place...tom is here so I won't change my stats yet but a few days ago I was 255 (down 8) then I was 259 (very next day) then I was 257 (very next day) now today I'm 259 again!

Because I know that on Atkin's we shrink and may not see the scale move I'm ok...but I'm still in induction and the demons are creeping back into my head...this is not working, this is a waste of time...I'm just fat, just love who you are...you know the usual junk I've told myself for years...so as it stands today I'm down 4lbs in the first week...that is four lbs I have taken off that I hope never to see again...why am I writing this? Well, because in the past I've never shared the way I was feeling and would just give up. I'm hoping that being open about this will allow me to stay the course...

I have to keep telling myself I did not put this weight on in one week and I am not taking it off in one week. Four lbs in one week is GREAT...maybe if I type it enough I will begin to accept it...

thanks for listening

Gail
gkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #2  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

S/C/G: 362/340/160

Dont stress girl. Atkins is weird. I was SOOOOO faithful for 2 weeks and lost 1 lb, then all of a sudden BOOM! 6 or 7 lbs were gone. Keep up the good work. I found that if I ate alot of dense red meat I didnt loose as much or it didnt seem as if I did! KEEP IT UP! DONT GIVE UP!!!
amandalili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

Don't give up. Continue to follow your diet and the pounds will come off. The scale will go up and down and can be frustrating but in time it will show your true loss.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote