Old 05-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Bob

Bob (LOL, I was not in charge of his naming, he came to us from a friend whose roommate had a near fatal allergic reaction to him, so he was already named...because Bob is an odd name for a cat...anyway)...is on a diet with me! He's about 3 pounds above his ideal right now, all in his BELLY. But he is such a cuddly sweetheart.

He's on the left, his brother Pepper is on the right, and they are doing what they love most - sleeping on my dirty gym clothes (ew).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #2  
it's always something

Beautiful! Only slightly pudgy Does he get exercise? I've seen people put special leashes on their cats so they can take them for walks without worrying about them disappearing or worse. I just don't know how practical that is, lol.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Aww bless BOB! I'm a cat-a-holic!

My parents have a little beast called Poppy, she's the runt of the litter, but she's the shape (if not the size) of Garfield! She's a very small cat, but it's all in her belly! She's like a ping-pong ball with legs!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #4  

Talking

Awwwww...so adorable. Ours have odd names too...both were adopted as adults. Lucy (8 years old) is a black and white tuxedo cat, and Murphy (7 years old) is a black, caramel and white calico. I love our girls!
TivoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

You should have SEEN them when we tried to put them on a leash. Bob literally hit the floor - just lay down and dug in the claws, utterly refusing to move. Pepper kept running back and trying to claw his way to safety up my pants leg. The only thing that will keep them exercising for any amount of time is a laser pointer...they will chase the dot for hours.

My next door neighbor has a hefty kitty too. She has a small head, small legs, and a HUGE torso. When she lies on the top of the couch, she sort of drapes over it...the neighbor blames this on her guilt for the fact that the cat was abused badly by previous owners, and for the fact that she is a law student and gone much of the day...she helps her guilt by giving the cat treats! Now that cat is on a diet as well, and rather than extra treats, she leaves Animal Planet on for her while she is gone for the day. :-)
Old 05-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #6  

Our Murphy has 'pudged' up a little. She was downright scrawny when we got her. Her and her sister (Lil Bits) were dumped at a shelter by a Reverand and his wife because they got new carpets and didn't want fur in them. Both of the girls were 6 years old at the time. They went into a VERY crowded shelter, Lil Bits stopped eating and actually died. Murphy after that stopped eating and they moved her into a foster home before we got her. Sometimes people make me so mad. Anyone who abuses children or animals will see a very nasty side of me.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

my neighbors cat was thrown out of a car window while pregnant with kittens, but is really adjusted to nice people now (probably because she gets so many treats!) and seems to be just fine. Just glad she got to my neighbors and away from those horrible, horrible people.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82
my neighbors cat was thrown out of a car window while pregnant with kittens, but is really adjusted to nice people now (probably because she gets so many treats!) and seems to be just fine. Just glad she got to my neighbors and away from those horrible, horrible people.
I don't understand how people can live with themselves acting like that. Very sad. Glad she now has a loving home.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

My cat was abandoned or lost when her owners moved away. They didn't come looking for her and she was living under our friends porch. They were feeding her but couldn't take her into the house as their own cat was attacking it all the time. We were over visiting when they told us about the cat and I saw her and fell in love and took her home. She was already house trained and fixed.

She is very loving and funny cat - sometimes I think she's gone bonkers from the way she acts but she's adorable. I'm so glad we took her in.

I don't understand how anyone could give up a pet for such petty reasons and throwing an animal out the car window - I don't understand people like that at all!

I've had two other cats and they were unwanted by their previous owners or bounced around from home to home so I took them in - they were the best companions and part of our family.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #10  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Most of the cats we have were unwanted by someone somewhere. We have 8 of them. In no particular order here they are:

Coco and Trouble are brother and sister...they belonged to someone that lived 2 doors down from us, and their third baby came along and they decided they couldn't keep them anymore.

Wiggles and Squeaky are brother and sister also...we got from an old best friend's aunt's cat that had kittens.

Pepper we got almost right after she was given to the SPCA...my mom and I were at Petsmart, and a family brought her in because her meowing was keeping their baby up at night (she's been almost as quiet as a mouse since we've had her) and they didn't have a cage clean, so I held her for about half an hour while they cleaned a cage for her. Of course how can you not fall in love with a tiny little ball of fluff in your arms??? I was so upset when I had to leave her that day that the next day my parents when and got her while I was babysitting....I got home and saw her walk through the living room and just burst into tears.

Miranda we got from our vet's office....she was found wandering near the highway by someone else and couldn't be taken in by them. We got her cause she was almost an identical twin to the very first cat we had (that we don't have anymore).

Patches my dh and I got from a friend that we met at the apartment complex. She was "my" pet cause she lived with me and my 3 roommates but we both love her dearly. We had a scare the week before her first vet appointment...I looked ALL over my apartment and couldn't find her anywhere. I spent the next 2 hours searching the bushes and calling her name in tears. Turns out my roommate wasn't paying attention and let her out the front door when she left for work (we're not friends anymore but not for that reason). We went out for karaoke that night and when we got outta the car I heard a little meow...there she was on the wall by the parking lot. YAY!

Bupu is the one we got most recently. He was found hiding under a chair on our patio. We caught him and put him into a carrier...took him to the vet and his little paws were burned. He's grown into quite a beast now He's huge!

So yeah that's my story about our little furbabies. Our house is quite a zoo. There's 5 adults and 8 cats living in a 4 bedroom house.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #11  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Oh I almost forgot. I was talking to someone on XBox Live the other night and he said he saw someone throw a trash bag outta a car window at the dumpster as they drove by it and he went to pick it up and put it in the dumpster when the bag started moving. It was a little kitten...people that do things like that to animals disgust me.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpnotq
Most of the cats we have were unwanted by someone somewhere. We have 8 of them. In no particular order here they are:

Coco and Trouble are brother and sister...they belonged to someone that lived 2 doors down from us, and their third baby came along and they decided they couldn't keep them anymore.

Wiggles and Squeaky are brother and sister also...we got from an old best friend's aunt's cat that had kittens.

Pepper we got almost right after she was given to the SPCA...my mom and I were at Petsmart, and a family brought her in because her meowing was keeping their baby up at night (she's been almost as quiet as a mouse since we've had her) and they didn't have a cage clean, so I held her for about half an hour while they cleaned a cage for her. Of course how can you not fall in love with a tiny little ball of fluff in your arms??? I was so upset when I had to leave her that day that the next day my parents when and got her while I was babysitting....I got home and saw her walk through the living room and just burst into tears.

Miranda we got from our vet's office....she was found wandering near the highway by someone else and couldn't be taken in by them. We got her cause she was almost an identical twin to the very first cat we had (that we don't have anymore).

Patches my dh and I got from a friend that we met at the apartment complex. She was "my" pet cause she lived with me and my 3 roommates but we both love her dearly. We had a scare the week before her first vet appointment...I looked ALL over my apartment and couldn't find her anywhere. I spent the next 2 hours searching the bushes and calling her name in tears. Turns out my roommate wasn't paying attention and let her out the front door when she left for work (we're not friends anymore but not for that reason). We went out for karaoke that night and when we got outta the car I heard a little meow...there she was on the wall by the parking lot. YAY!

Bupu is the one we got most recently. He was found hiding under a chair on our patio. We caught him and put him into a carrier...took him to the vet and his little paws were burned. He's grown into quite a beast now He's huge!

So yeah that's my story about our little furbabies. Our house is quite a zoo. There's 5 adults and 8 cats living in a 4 bedroom house.
Those are wonderful stories. I'm glad they have all found a loving home.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #13  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Wow, your Bob looks very similar to my pudgy kitty Tigger! Once upon a time he was the runt of the litter (apparently). I got him from a shelter at 7 weeks old. He has "grown" a lot since then HAHAHA.

Some of your stories about how people have abandoned their cats are horrifying to me. I just can't believe how some people treat their animals with such disrespect.
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote