Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chit Chat #188.

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies.
We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting!
So please, won't you join us??
Old 05-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #2  

Smile

Hello Ladies!!

Jules--How fantastic to have found a friend to go work out with! I have co-workers who work out, but we don't all agree on the time to go work out. So I'm on my own. Which is ok, just got to go do it. We used to have a total gym and we ended up selling it. We didn't have the room for it and putting it up and down was just to much for me. That in itself was a workout. If we had more space we might have kept it. My gazelle is so light, it's not a problem putting up and down.

Michelle--Sorry your pedometer doesn't work. Will you be trading it in for a different one or are you just not going to buy one? I'm in agreement w/you on the weight loss and having kids! I'm just not sure why I can't get my mind to where I want it to be to get serious! I'm trying though!

Sue--So very sorry about your BIL. Many hugs your way for you and your family. You've gone through an emotional time in your life...don't fret w/what the scale says. Now you can concentrate on you for awhile and get back in the swing of things.

Angelia--I love that name. So very pretty. Is that what you would like for us to call you for now on?? You sound like you're so ready in getting in charge of yourself. Being able to say no to other things and concentrate on you is such a huge step! I am so very proud of you and know that I and the others will be here for support! As for a night time tour of Alcatraz.....does sound spooky doesn't it? Wonder if there are really ghost over there? I've heard that there were.

I've been busting my butt on the gazelle. Anyone who owns one knows that you can't get to crazy on the thing. But I've been trying to keep up a good pace so I actually break a sweat rather than just gliding slowly, doing that won't get me anywhere. Been taking a light lunch to work, and trying to avoid eating a big meal when I get home since it's late....around 10:00. I usually go for a snack to tidy me over. It's hard though. Trying to get the mind set to getting healthier! Been hating how I feel about my body.

Anyway....off I go. Time for bed.

Hugs to all!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning all! Ok today is a bit better - no help in site (work wise) but I can do this and I will ask for a raise in my next evaluation

What is a gazelle?

Not looking forward to weigh in hoping if it makes me nervous that will take some weight off before hand LOL -- I can hope! I need to break this plateau but then again maybe it is inches & not weight but this would be the first week with no loss in 9 weeks. Stress I am sure but at least I feel better about it. I was looking for the notes on previous posts for the above but they must be from 187? Sorry stop laughing I am a newbie with the Ladies hehehehe
Old 05-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. I missed some newbies, and I am sorry. Welcome to all!

Today is a better day for me. Even though it was hard for me to say good-bye to my son yesterday...he is the baby...I did get a call from him and he just makes me smile.

Angelia, You make me proud to know you. Your attitude is so great and I just know you will be able to achieve what you are striving for. YOU GO GIRL!

Marti, Way to go on the gazelle. I wish I had one. I hated the treadmill, but it hurt my knees. I hear the gazelle is easier on your joints. I admire the exercise you are doing. I have been to Alcatraz and we had to get reservations beforehand. You might check on that as I sure don't want you to miss the trip. It was so interesting. Don't know if I would want to go at night.

Robin, I am the queen of stress eating. I used to smoke and did that instead of eating when I was stressed. Of course, I was thin as a stick too. Now that I am a non-smoker I eat!

Michelle, I hope you are having a good day. I was so surprised today....I broke down and got on the scale. I am still 175, so I didn't gain. Now, to get working on that!

I walked last night with my neighbor and we talked. I think it helped me get passed the sadness of the last two weeks. Actually, I am going to call her right now and see if she wants to walk before it rains. We are expecting storms!
DH is keeping busy at the new house building our storage barn. That is his way of dealing with the grief. His brother was his best friend/father figure.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I think I can get going again.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello and sorry to miss any of the other JL's. Alot has changed here and I am just trying to figure it all out.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #6  
a work in progress

Good mornin', ladies... That's actually green tea this morning, not coffee. Trying to get all my water in...now at about 48 oz a day, not great, but a definite improvement.

Quaker corn bran and 1% milk for breakfast...not too bad...think I'll have a banana, too. Lunch will be a challenge because we don't seem to have any stupid lunch food in the house. No smart lunch food either, come to think of it. Gotta go see what I can come up with.

Any creative ideas for a 15 year old who refuses to do his homework and is failing virtually all of his classes? I am at my wit's end. The kid is so smart, scores incredibly high on tests, but just won't do the work. Got a meeting with his counselor, vice principal, and my ex on Thursday. Fortunately my ex is a really great guy and we are ususally in agreement on how we handle kid-problems. At 15 he should be old enough to handle his school work, mature enough to do what needs to be done, but he just won't. He has ADD, so I know that's part of the root of the disorganization and lack of focus...but it's no excuse for laziness, or lying when we ask him if his homework is done. The only other thing I can think of now is to have direct email contact with each of his teachers to know exactly what his assignments are, and then he can't get away with, "Oh, I only have geometry homework tonight...nothing else." And now it's too late in the year...even with summer school, I don't know if they will let him pass on to his sophomore year.

Aw, crud...wanted to do individuals, but now I'm out of time! Gotta get used to the work schedule again...I will be back later today...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  
Losin' it forever!

Good morning, ladies!

Well, today is not going well with my eating and I';m trying to get it turned around. However, with that being said, I have discovered today that stress is definately one of my triggers for eating. My oldest friend from high school (she's 38) is in a 10-12 hour surgery today for cancer. They are removing most of the right side of her tongue and then doing some reconstruction with skin from her arm. She's down in Baltimore (an hour and a half from me) so I have to wait until tonight to call her sister to see how things went. She's in for weeks of chemo and radiation once she recovers from surgery. I'm planning on getting down to see her this weekend.

ADD....I'm all about it! My ten year old has it (actually ADHD) and homework is a constant struggle. The best advice I can give to you on that one, is yes, definately get in contact with his teachers in the Fall. I know once they leave elementary school, and have more than one teacher, it gets harder, but sometimes it is the only way to stay one step ahead! Good luck. I know how hard it can be.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #8  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Marti ~~ I'm taking my pedometer back tomorrow and I'm not getting another one, right now atleast. I'm also having the hardest time getting focused. I want this weight off so bad, but my mind is not cooperating at all!

Robin ~~ Hope you get that plateau broken and get some pounds coming off again.

Sue ~~ I'm having a little better day today and the weather is beautiful and sunshiny. That's good that atleast you didn't gain. I always say it's better to just stay the same so atleast you're not gaining.

Katiecat ~~ I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your son and his school work. My sister is also going through the same thing with her daughter right now, and she has always been an A-B student and the teacher called my sister the other day and said that my niece wasn't turning in her homework or participating in class anymore. She already has her on medication that the doctor just upped and in counseling.

Kimberly ~~ I hope your friends comes through her surgery safely. I will say a prayer.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Kimberly, I will also say a prayer for your friend. Hope all goes well.

Michelle, I am actually feeling better about everything today...so that scale better watch out!

Katiecat, My DD is having trouble with my DGS just as you are. He is so smart and just doesn't do the work if he can get out of it. She is in constant contact with his teachers. As of now he won't have to repeat 10th, but has to take a class in summer school. He even had to take these last few weeks off work because the school is in contact with his boss and they won't let him work if the grades don't come up. Hopefully that will get him motivated, but you are right, it is a little late in the year to do much. If I had a magic answer I would sure share it!! Hang in there.

Tried to get my neighbor to walk, but she wasn't home. I attacked my kitchen instead. I took everything off the counters (ick) and scrubbed. Cleaned the coffee pot, toaster, microwave, fridge and have the stove to go. It is no coincidence that I am taking a break before the stove is done. LOL. I also cleaned the utility room from top to bottom. Snaked the vaccum hose behind the washer, dryer, and freezer. Killed ALL of those dust bunnies. So as soon as I finish the stove I am going to think of something for dinner.

Foodwise I am doing okay and have been drinking all of my water/Crystal Light. Now if I get a walk in tonight I will be doing great.

I will probably be back later. I am Chatty Cathy today!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies

Robin:: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get that raise you want on your next evaluation. I'm also having issues w/breaking a plateau. If I can call it that. I have flucuated back and forth from 145-150 for who knows how long! My highest weight being 175 or more. (stopped weighing in once I seen 175) And for some reason, I can't get down any lower than 140!! Right now I'm about 148 or so and who know if it's going up or down. (broken scale)We just have to keep on working on it and eventually we'll see our plateau's broken!

Sue:: I don't know if the Gazelle is any easier on the joints. I suppose it might be due to the gliding movements. Not sure. I wish I had a tredmill. Want to trade? James and I looked into getting reservations for the tour of Alcatraz. Not sure when we'll get it, but we need to do it soon! So looking forward to vacation. I'm hoping to at least lose 5lbs. That's not a lot, but it will show that all my efforts I'm putting in is actually working!

Katie:: I love green tea!! I think I'll join you w/that! We bought some really good green tea leaves in SF last year, I will be picking up some more while I'm down there. I wish I had some advice for you about your son. My DD is only 11 and so far so good on the school. She keeps telling me she has ADD......now, why would SHE be telling me this?? I hope you find the help that you're looking for.

Kimberly:: Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you hear good news that they got all the cancer when you call later tonight. Keeping her in my prayers. Stress eating in a situation like that is totally understandable. Hard to break the habit but we all know what you're going through. You can always hop online and talk w/us if you have the urge to eat something you don't want to be eating. (which is what I'm doing right now!) HUGS!

Michelle:: If our bodies and minds work together, we wouldn't have this weight issue problem would we?? I continue to make great plans of what I'm going to do to get myself in great shape....then I don't do it. I start and then I stop. So far though...I'm doing fine. I'm hoping it continues. I think for me, I need to write it all out and keep myself accountable for all that I do. Maybe I need to pair up w/a co-worker and exchange my stats w/her that way have a someone else to be accountable to. I need guidance is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Angelia:: How are you doing today?? Pop in when you get a chance and let us know!

Jane:: Hope you and Katie are hugging right now!!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok, I must get myself ready for work. Such a beautiful day here in Oregon and I don't want to go to work...but, somebody has to pay the rent!

Hugs to all!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Angelia--that's so beautiful--I am feeling like you are trying not to get too depressed at the fact that even with trying I don't seem to be losing--I was even good last week--I never binged while I was stressed and drank my water and ate healthy, but I still gained 2 lbs....I didn't do my exercising so I am trying again this week...we will see. on the plus side DH has been really supportive.

Marti--I have looked at the gazelles and they look easy on the knees, I really like the elliptical and am saving for a decent one. It was a beautiful day here too.

Katie--my son had problems too...they had a program in middle school that the teachers had him write down his assignments on a paper and they initialed
it and then I had him do the homework and initial it. I sat there and watched him do the homework and he did excellent on the tests because he knew the stuff but he wouldn't turn in the homework that he did--drove me completely crazy!!

Robin--they decided at my work that we didn't need a drector in our area that I would be supervisor and report straight to a vp. For all the added responsibilities I got a small raise and out on salary--I will make less now then I did before because now I can't get overtime but still have to work it to keep up from time to time.

Sue--I am so sad for the sadness you had to go through..I hope things get a little easier--I too am a member of the stress eating crowd.

Kimberly--so sorry about your friend...my friend/co-worker is doing better with all she has been through.

Michelle ma belle!! Hope you are having a wonderful evening!!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules, Ya know after everything the last couple of days I don't feel depressed,,,I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders... (wish that weighed something...lol) I did feel over burdened not long ago,,,with geesh 4-5 month wait for the Dr,,and all that is happening at home/theatre/work. But like a cloud lifted as I was cleaning the house,,,why do I have to wait till I see that Dr.? Why not do your own thing? I have a hard time following rules so thought,,,your worst enemy for food is (other then will power and stress/emotions) is sugar and white flour... So my big plan is to wean off of sugar,,, and got to remember I can't have aspertame, so having no sodas and such can be hard but I feel Im at that point in life that I can do this.
I don't know if you going on salary is such a good idea...do you work just 40 hours? Are there bonuses?

Sue,,,reading your post Im thinking geesh should clean something in my house...lol BUT no,,,if anything will give Miss Skittles a bath,,,after we take a half hour walk. Good for you going for a walk with your neighbour,,,

Michelle,,,lets do a small challenge,,,go walk 10 minutes in one directions from your home,,,then back. While you are walking,,,think of something you can tell me about you,,,craziest thing you ever did in highschool....is you had a winning lottery ticket for 5 millions dollars...what ever you want to talk about. Either post in here or PM ...and after my walk I will do the same.

Marti,,,I really wish I was you,,,other then it being cold and rainy when we were there it was so much fun. Loved it there. Im so close to finishing Brandon's room down stairs which means I can get him out of the spare room which means my workout stuff can be put up. Gazelle, total gym and bike. Till then I walk.

Robin,,,when is your evalution?

Jane,,,hope you and Neil are having fun with Katie.

Katie,,,well talk with the teachers councillor vp and ex...and possibly have a two part meeting,,,the adults and what can be done,,,then another with Mr. Nolan about what he would want to do. Have rewards,,,as in he can watch tv,,,computer,,,and no summer school. hmmm is that rewards? or threats? Let him choose what they are...lol But no seriously he needs to understand that with his marks summer school which will totally bite is going to be his only option. What Jules said is good,,,we had to do that with Brandon, the teacher sign his home work,,,then I sign to show he did it.

ps,,,you guys don't need to call me Angelia,,,Angie is what I joined with,,,just felt like a new beginning ment starting over with everything including name.

be back later...(Michelle)
Old 05-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #13  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Angie ~~ The first craziest thing I did in highschool was we all piled as many people into a small volkswagen bug as we could...it was horrible! The other thing was to be on the flag team. We always had two girls that NEVER learned the routine, and always made us all look stupid! As a matter of fact, I have won some small amounts with the lottery tickets, but one time I went into the store with a ticket that I almost threw away and scanned it and it said "congratulations, please see retailer" and I ended up winning $100. I was so happy because I didn't even think I had won anything, and it atleast paid for my groceries while I was there. It felt good to walk and think about all of this; good therapy!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

My neighbor finally did call and we walked 2 miles. I want to go for 3 but she has an issue with her knee. She can walk twice a day or more, but no more than the 2 miles at a time. Sooo hopefully we can start walking twice a day as we did last summer.
After walking and before I took my shoes off I headed over to the lot with a Coke for DH only to find that he had gone for a 44 oz. drink for himself. Oh well, I got a look at what they did today and at the shed he is building. Everything is right on.
I fixed pork chops, rice, stir fry veggies for dinner. Gave DH 2 biscuits, but I was good! I wanted rice, so no bread. I had a few animal crackers before 8 o'clock as per my new rule of nothing after 8. DH had cake and ice cream and I wasn't even tempted. My big downfall is if we have salty snacks in the house, so I am just not buying them.

I have decided to not do a challenge right now...I always mess that up. So I will just try for the walking every day and watching portion sizes. Once I can tell I am eating less/right I will add more exercise too. The drinking is no problem for me as I have a glass of water or tea with me at all times now.

Hope you all had a wonderful day and I will see you tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good for you Sue,,,I am like you when I feel restricted with rules/challenges I find my self feeling caged...but that might only be for awhile,,one day I may be able to do that. But you seem to be on the right track...does it help to come in here and talk about that?

Michelle,,, I once accidently caught the science lab on fire. I was doing an experiment with a girl name Loretta, she turned both burners on and I used the lil started and WHOOOSH the whole place went up in a big ball of flames. After that I was blamed for everything that happened..and well I did use that to my advantage, kept my mouth closed and let people think what they will,,,that I was a total Bad A.. (which I really was and wasn't...lol) I never tried to destroy anything or graffitied anything,,,but someone did and I was finger pointed.
Have never won money but have one many free tickets.
So tomorrows walk,,,tell me what you would do if you won 5 million dollars...and make it a 15 walk in one direction and then back....

I ate so clean today,,,feeling super in control,,,my lil walk made me so tired I came home, cleaned the dinner dishes and crashed,,,even got my water in! I know today could of turned...I started off rocky,,,slept in, didn't get my costumes all ready to return to this school I borrowed some from. Brought my breakfast in a bowl,,,anyone eat Kashi cereal? Its pretty good. Anyways I did like it but not all over my passenger seat! Ya I dropped the bowl and the lid popped open,,,arghh cleaned the best i could...1 box of kleenex... so didn't have anything to eat till 3,,,which consisted of a bun,,,as I was driving to the school with the costumes. I ate a healthy dinner,,left over roast, pasta and fresh veggies. I sprinkled parm cheese and pepper on it,,,and it was tasty.
Im working on the blog,,,just not sure yet how to link it to here...soon hopefully.
later all
Closed Thread