Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
Gina

S/C/G: 223/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Finally!!

Finally, 15 pounds gone! I started Jan. 23rd, so it's been slow going. And I totally got sidetracked over Easter and gained some back. But hopefully am back on track now...now if I can just get back into fitting the excercise in. I know it sounds like an excuse, but it really is so hard when you work and have little kids. I already get up at 4:45 am, and refuse to get up any earlier!! Anyway, wish me luck in this neverending battle!!--Gina
gigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #2  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

GOOD LUCK & GOOD JOB!!!! I have 2 little ones too and I have to get up at 4:30 to get ready for work. I thought ok, I will go to bed early and get up at 3:30 to workout. Yes I was insane. That lasted maybe 2 weeks before I got ugly (my mood that is) -- not enough sleep as going to bed early with kids is a joke. So I do 20 min before work (I now pack lunches the night before, the kids get everything out & ready for the morning & there is MY new time). I also use my breaks at work. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Way to go, I feel bad because I have not really been on the exercise train either, but with the first twenty gone my energy is way up! We can do it!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #4  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

I have little ones and I think it is a good excuse, every time I get my gazelle out I get in a good 10 strides and have to fold it back up till my wee ones get interested in something else again. I can take them for walks if it is nice out but in south dakota those days far apart if you know what I mean. and my 9 year old can only keep the other entertained for about 20 minutes before they find their way out of the play room.

I finally had to join a gym, I don't have to get up near as early as you to go to work, but I will have to change my alarm clock back to 5:30 to go work out. and that is way early for me.
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good job and keep it up!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #6  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Good luck and congratulations!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on the 15 lbs. lost, that is wonderful. When my children were young, I joined a gym. It had daycare for the kiddies that only costed $1.00 for each child for 2 hrs. You might call around and ask about this, most are very reasonable. Good luck in your journey.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #8  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Heck, Gina, I have a hard enough time WITHOUT any kids, so kudos to you for losing those 15 pounds.... You're doing great work!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote