Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Small NSV but it felt good

About a month ago I had to run 1 1/2 blocks (uphill) to catch my bus to work one day - my legs hurt and I was out of breath for about 10 minutes afterwards and I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest!

I did not like that feeling at all so I started walking more and taking the stairs at work.

Yesterday I had to run those same 1 1/2 blocks again but when I got on the bus my legs didn't hurt and I was only out of breath for 1 minute or two.

A small victory but still an improvement
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

That is anything but a small victory. That would be huge to me!!! It's awesome to see and feel your hard work paying off.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #3  

Jumping on a bus and not making the driver panic that he is going to have to ring head office for someone to bring out the defibrillator is a huge achievement!!!! As a fellow public transport sufferer I know how valuable those busses are, and how good it feels to now be able to run for one and not panic that I won't be able to breath afterwards
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies!

Kykaree - I was just picturing your description of the bus driver's face -
Old 05-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #5  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations! I'm envious! I would love to be able to run (you never know - one day.....)
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, it is great when our efforts pay off with increased health benefits. You're doing great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #7  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

What a good feeling! Congrats on the health improvement... that's like my battle with the stairs at UCF, and it's so great to see that things really are getting better. Keep up the good work, you're doing so well!

-Lala Boogie Queen
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Man, I know exactly how that feels. I'm forever running for my ferry in the afternoon. It's so great to be able to do it without clutching my chest and sucking on my inhaler for the next half hour. Now, even if I run 6 or 7 blocks my heart rate goes back down in a minute or two.

And Kykaree, they *do* have defibrilators on the ferry, so I'm probably lucky that no ones come at me with one in the past!
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #9  

Thanks ladies!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #10  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Congrats!

This made me think of the trigger that caused me to start working out and eating right... I was comming out of the grocery store and my cart got away from me! I started to run to catch it*, and immediately realized that I could not run! I was shocked! I mean, yes, I hadn't chosen to run for any reason for years, but it never occured to me that the option wouldn't be there when I needed it. The next morning I called a gym and made an appointment to visit. Woe be to any cart that tries that trick again!

*Fortunately, the cart managed to hit another cart someone left in the middle of the lot and didn't hit anyone's car.
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #11  
No description available.

Such fast feet we are all gaining! Fabulous!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! I wish I could run, but I have osteoarthritis in my knees. I hope if I lose down then maybe I can jog a little.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote