Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #153

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #153

MemeToo
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Rain, rain - go away! I'd like to see ONE sunny day. Looks like rain is here to stay. We've had rain most of May ... and I for one am here to say ... I'm tired of it. I'm beginning to shrivel up. SEE!

http://www.memeart.com/images/oldlady9.gif
That was a long trip last weekend ... suprised I can still move like that! :p

Happy BD Tammy ... hope it was a good one.

Hope the baby is OK Mima. Have to run, it's time to start teaching. Have a good day all.

missmuffet
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Abilify..........Anybody heard of it? Anybody use it? Thanks.

MemeToo
05-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi ... you can find some info on Abilify here:

http://www.abilify.com

http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo/druginfo/abilify.htm

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/abi1653.htm

There is a lot more information out there and this is by no means all of it but hope this helps some.

Joanne D
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Meme-Just reading the side effects of Abilify says DON'T TRY IT.Send me your rain. We had a short 1/2 hour shower last night. It has been 27 days since the last short shower. My daughter called and said she saw on the weather station we were the dryest in the state.
Mima- I mentioned to my hubby that I needed a vacumn like yours. He said "the one we have still works."So I guess I will just have to wait or brake this one.I had a neighbor once who used to take her shoes out on the sidewalk and scrap them ,to ruin them ,so she could get new ones.. :D :D I don't think I would go that far..I just go shopping without him.
Tammy- Just a couple more weeks.. When my hubby retired he took all his things out of the class room and gave them to our daughter. She shared them with her fellow teachers.
Candice.. I wish I had good soil so I could grow nice flowers. We live a mile from the Gulf of Mexico and have sugar sandy soil. I have to just pour the plant food and soil in order to get anything nice.
Hello Happy
Joanne

Tammy
05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I've never heard of Abilify.

I ended up being a bum last night. Came home from school, ate supper, decided to take a nap. Woke up about 7:30. At 8:00, Bob asked if I had aerobics on Monday nights. I totally forgot about it! I can't believe how forgetful I am at times. I have calendars in a zillion places to help me remember things.

We had our field trip today. It was very nice. Went to a museum near here. Lots of information about the area. They had a booklet for the kids to do a scavenger hunt by finding information about the different displays. It was fun! My back gave out quickly. Faster than I expected since I've been doing the therapy.

Mima
05-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Good morning-thanks for starting a new post. We have a lot of rain here-Al said it sprinkled in Ft Myers-called her on her 16th bd, We were so upset when she was born-the spina bifida was a complete surprise because they never did the test-and she is a joy to everyone she meets. Sure makes you a believer of how God works for the good. Jessica is supposed to go for her license today but driving instr. hadn't called. I wish I had hired someone else. I am not sure she is ready anyways.
Supposed to drive to Worc today to lunch with friends. Retired teachers-now go out at lunchtime. That's what we are coming to.
Went to prayed meeting at Brad's church-some lady came in and said there was a suicidal teenager that they couldn't find. Good thing she came because she was advised to get the police involved, And then we prayed like crazy. sad sad. Kids with no hope, So much good you do with those kids, Tammy.
Angela is supposed to be induced Friday-same hospital where I was born. Mima

Happy Canuk
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Happy Birthday, Tammy. Hope you had a good one.

Hope you are all feeling well. I am tired, but I did want to share this with you.

http://www.marycy.org/prayer.html

Mima
05-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Oh Anne, that was so beautiful -I sent it to 3 other people. Thanks
No baby-they are going to induce her on Monday. But doc thinks she will go before then. It's very hard having contractions all the time. She sent Debbie to her sister's, thinking she was going to hospital and now Debbie is upset. I wouldn't have done it that way but....... she didn;t want her bounced around.
Jessica didn't get her license so we can all breathe a sigh of relief, He said she needs to practice her turns. Poor kid, she has not had anyone to helo her practice. I had a neighbor that taught my 2 younger kids to drive, I so appreciate him. Course I let them drive my car too.
Funeral today. Brad has a doc's appt so I will meet him there. It's so hard when someone dies suddenly.
Had lunch with teacher friends-drove 45 min each way-not too bad. But I won't go every month like they do.
Bye for now Mima still rainy and cold and I HURT!

Joanne D
05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!
Hello Everybody..
Tops meeting today. I am over my goal,so I have to face the music.. I have been avoiding the scale the last few meeting and that has not helped me..I haven't been eating all that bad,but, just a little here and there has added up. It is looking like rain but it is all above us. We are hoping it will drop southward.
Joanne

Mima
05-12-2006, 06:45 AM
How about 10 days of rain. I am trying to get positive-we are also in a drought but not like FL. We also will find out if our cellar still leaks before we put the apt. in-We had gutters put on.
I am not hurting as much-it was from gardening but it's mostly done.
Good day for movies!!!!
Going to Savation Army to drop off clothes.
No baby!!
I am 6 pounds over my goal and I can go to WW for free because my insurance will pay 150. I have a problem because I can't eat most things-actually that is an excuse. My clothes don't fit me right now!! That is some that I like.
Bye for now Mima

Candicej
05-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Rain here as well and chilly! Biofeedback going well..but she couldn't believe what I did to my face..light makeup couldn't hide it..I got a lot of stares in the stores too! Haven't been anywhere since it happened...still pretty painful, hard to touch my face.

Meme you sure could scare a hungry bulldog off a meat truck dancing in that bikini:lol: ;) :eek:

MemeToo
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Yep ... scares me, too ... I try not to think about it. Like you said in your email ... that's what I'm gonna look like if I don't get some of this winter weight off! I keep thinking about the belly button woman ... now THAT'S scary! What got me was her arms and legs were so little but the rest of her ... YIKES! I've gained too much over the last few months ... gotta get it off. I've stopped eating sweets for a while and stopped my night eating. I refuse to diet. We'll see. I need to get off 10 - 15 pounds by August 12th. I have to sing at my cousin's daughter's wedding in NC. It's going to be fuchsia and black. I found a fuchsia (at least I hope it's fuchsia) dress Wednesday and bought it. It's a size 10 and a little tight in the butt. So ... gotta lose a little weight before the wedding. If I don't ... I may wind up having to wear black! :p

Happy Canuk
05-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello.

Mima - you are having a lot of rain I guess. Not so here. It is pretty dry. I wish it would rain, so the stuff in the air would settle down and these darn allergies would take a hike.

Joanne - You WANT rain. Make a deal with Mima lol

Candice - you must have done a real number of your face. Hope it starts to heal for you.

Meme - Did you get rid of the rain now? If not, you can send it to Joanne.

Not much happening. My job is finished in June. Don't know if I can find something else I CAN do. I will be casual at the current job if I want to be. I work a week in July. Things change, people leave and life goes on.

Hope you all are having a great day.

Tammy - where are you? Hope you are ok.

Tammy
05-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all of the birthday greetings! Busy week. The auction was Thursday, so I was at the old house all day yesterday. I was pretty pooed out this morning, but I went to school anyway. The auction started at 3:00. At 9:00, Bob sent me home. All of our things were sold and they were selling the stuff for the other family. I came home and went to bed. We did very well on the auction. Over $2,000. Much better than I expected.

We've had rain too. It sprinkled some during the auction, but not enough to bother anyone.

I graded some papers tonight so I don't have to spend all weekend doing that. Class at the Y in the morning.

Is anyone taking Cymbalta? I just started on that to help with the pain.

MemeToo
05-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Tammy ... while I don't take Cymbalta I have heard it is hard to get off of it. So don't just stop taking it. You have to stop gradually over a period of several weeks. Be sure to discuss this with your doctor! I've also heard it causes you to lose your appetite ... some women to the point of anorexia! Good luck with that! ;)

Went for an eye exam today finally. Not a good experience. Had the gamut! I was in there for nearly 2 1/2 hrs.They did about everything that could be done. Put in some kind of drops before they even did the eye exam, did the exam, dilated my eyes, did the glaucoma "puff-of-air" test. Then he still wasn't satisfied with that and took pictures of the back of my eye. He thinks I may have the onset of glaucoma. But then he found out I've been severly anemic all my life and said it could just be that has caused the abnormal curve he's seeing. I have to go back in 6 months and have another picture made and have them compared. If it's worse then it's probably glaucoma. So ... won't know until then. Waiting will be the hard part! We went out for dinner tonight ... while we were standing there waiting for our table, and for our friends to arrive, I looked up at hubby and said, "are we going to worry about me going blind?" He looked down at me, smiled, and said, "not for at least 6 months!" :p

Mima
05-13-2006, 06:30 AM
You probably won't go blind from glaucoma-my mother had it and so does my friend -drops!! But I don't want you to get it at all!!
No baby-inducement Mon.
I like to work once in a while Anne=not all the time. Starting to make things for the church Fair-small paintings in frames from the dollar store. Nice?????
Kids coming for Mother's Day-they bought me a lounge chair for the new deck we can't use and it's not finished because of the rain.
Sounds like a good auction. Tammy. Daughter wants to have a yard sale here-I usually donate my stuff and take a tax deduction-150 yesterday at Salvation Army but maybe I will have some stuff. Of course I bought 2 tops at the store while I was there.
It's still raining but no water in cellar!!! Bye Mima

Joanne D
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERY
Tammy- Good job on the sales.. I never had much luck with yard sales..
Mima- You will enjoy your deck once it is finished,,
Happy- They keep saying rain coming ,but, to the central spine of the state.
Meme- So the eye Dr. gave you something else to worry about.. I need to get my eyes checked. Everything is getting out of focus these days..My sister mentioned W/M.. I will check and see if they will take my insurance..
Candice- You mentioned a scare on your face? Is that from your traffic accident?Someone told me once to prick a vit.e and rub on scares to deminish them.
Have a good weekend All
Joanne

MemeToo
05-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Mima ... there are over 120,000 peope who are blind from glaucoma right now so there is definitely a risk factor, though, I agree, not extremly great. I don't know if you realize it or not but you are also one of the ones at greater risk of having glaucoma because you are over 60 and you take a steriod on a regular basis. There is no way of telling you have it until you either start having eye pain, headaches, nausea, etc. (which is one of the rare types) or start losing your peripheral vision ... and by then it is very serious ... you probably already know all that. I have a very good and very thorough optometrist ... (which I'm thankful for).

Well Tammy ... how old were you? I'm glad you opted to stay home and relax. I was beginning to worry about you. Going to exercise on your BD ... :p ... what's THAT about ???

Candice, guess you'd better just stay inside until your face heals. Otherwise, your hubby may get picked up for abuse. ;)

Anne ... more rain scheduled for all day MD and on through the next several days after and downright COLD here. I'd like to send it all to Joanne. This is just not right for TN.

http://www.memeart.com/images/umbrella.gif

No Joanne, I've decided not to worry about it until my 6 months waiting period is up. God will take care of it! I figure I didn't know anything about it before and it wasn't hurting me any then so why should I worry about it now. It may be nothing! As my granny used to say ... it'll all come out in the wash. Wish you had some of this wet stuff!

Candicej
05-13-2006, 12:16 PM
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/114753315558234.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/114753315558234.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

Tammy
05-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Meme, thanks for the info about the Cymbalta. Losing appetite would not be a problem for me. I have so much weight to lose, it would almost be a blessing. My brother has had glaucoma for years. He just turned 46. He does very well with it. Uses drops of some kind daily. My other brother and I are checked every year for it, and so far we're ok. If you have it, just do what the doctor tells you to do. That has worked for Brent. I turned 51 on my birthday.

The auction was fun actually. I couldn't believe what people bought for what I thought was alot of money. I had a roll of orange stickers like are used for price tags. It sold for $8.00!!! Then my microwave ended up selling for only $10.00. I loved that microwave, but there is one built in here at the new house. I'm so glad that we decided to do the auction instead of a garage sale. Less work. The old house was perfect for it since it rained. We had two 2-car garages, so we kept all of the furniture dry. We put clear plastic over the other stuff on tables. While our stuff was selling, it wasn't raining. It poured rain while the other family's stuff was selling. They had alot of antiques, Hummel figures, and neat stuff, so people stood in the rain for that.

I need to get ready to head to the store. Our cupboards are looking pretty bare. Tim's going with me.

Have a good day!

Mima
05-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Wow that auction was a great idea!! Meme, I didn't need to minimize it but I think good doctor's watch it carefully. My mother had it but so far I don't. One doc told my daughter her eyes looked at risk but other said no. I actiully go to doc every six months because of my dry eyes.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAy everyone. Kids coming over. It's still raining but cellar dry.
No baby!!
Can't find my large pie pan!!!!! After Brad went out to get pie crust and cherries in the pouring rain-and a cute card.,
Bye Mima

Tammy
05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
It was cold and rainy again today. I stayed in bed instead of going to church. I slept till 11:00!! I've been chilled and achy since the auction. Standing outside in the wind, cold, and rain didn't help me, I'm sure.

only 14 days of school left and that includes our work day! This year has gone fast really. I still wish I would have been more prepared to do a better job. I'll be nervous until I see their test scores to see how they did on the statewide test. I'm sure some of them did very well, but then there are those others.

Bob made a delicious supper for Mother's Day. He is such a good cook.

MemeToo
05-15-2006, 03:00 AM
Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. Went to church at my MIL's church. Didn't much like that. Would have rather went to my own church or if I had to go somewhere else at least have gone with my kids but ... hubby wanted to do that so ... :p We (good little) wives do what our hubbys want! ;) Besides, it's like I told him when he mentioned it, he may not have that many more Mother's Days with his mom. Then we took his mom and dad with us and went out to eat with our kids. We had mexican ... again my least favorite place to eat, but it's where the kids wanted to eat so I was ok. Don't think my FIL liked it much, though. The granddaughters were fighting over who was going to sit by MEME so I wound up sitting between them ... didn't get in on much of the 'grown-up' conversations - friends called and told us some things we missed out on at our church - I told hubby after we got home I was feeling kind of left out of everything all day long. Just one of those things. But ... after I thought about it, I'm just feeling blessed to have all our family so close by and together in harmony. God is Good! Son and daughter went in together and got me an hour massage certificate from my favorite masseuse. I already have one that hubby bought me. That's TWO hours! I'll have to make an appointment soon! :D

Mima
05-15-2006, 07:19 AM
I know what you mean Meme-when my mother was alive the focus was on what she wanted-Your turn will come when you are the matriarch-My son told me that when my mother died. And yes, you have all your family so it was a family day. i have a friend who is always so sad because her 6 kids don't get along and she can't see them together. That is sad.
We had a good day-my 2 Northern kids came over and brought flowers and a cake and a little lemon cake for me-I ate the whole thing. They also went shoppping together and bought a beautiful lounge chair for the deck-if it only would stop raining!!! Some people on the North shore got 10 inches and will get 15!!!!
Well-Brett and Angela have gone to the hospital for 6:30 am so we should have a baby today. Just praying everything is ok.
Gastro guy today-i have a mile long list of things about my gastro problems. Hope he can help with at least some of them.
Tammy-hope you feel better. Mima

cattyanna
05-15-2006, 08:03 AM
hello I am new here and looking for any info suggestions, I used to be in great shape but after a serious accident several years ago in which I was paralyzed for a long time I gained alot of weight +50 lbs....although I am
happy to say I am no longer paralyzed I do suffer from daily migraines and alot of overall pain. I am also lazy now since I havent been active able for long time. However I want to change for the better and hopefully get in shape feel better emotioinally as well as physically. I was trying walking but get bored easily and its painful after a short time due to shin splints etc.
I thought about the Core System with a workout ball......even though it would be difficult at first its supposed to use all muscles while trying to balance and exercize I thought maye it will help. I appeciate any info.
Thx, Cat:smug:

Joanne D
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Cattyanna- Welcome I suggest that you find a good weight loss group like Weight watchers or Tops (suppot Group). I walk for exercise.
Meme- I had a nice Mother's Day. We went to church and then out to eat at Golden Corral. I should not have gotten on the scale this morning.
Mima- I see on the news that you are getting flooded up there.. You wish for the rain to stop .I wish for it to start.
Tammy- You probably needed the rest. My hubby can't cook. Or won't try. His mother did everything for him. I guess I just took her place.. There are days now that I refuse to cook. We go out or it is grab time for whatever is in the house .
Joanne

MemeToo
05-15-2006, 02:50 PM
At the rate I'm going I'm not going to live long enough to be the matriarch. :p

Cat ... the best way I know of to lose weight is to stop eating so much and start moving a little more. I know that sounds too easy but a lot of time people just make weight loss too hard. It's not rocket science. If you put more in your body than your body needs to run, it's going to go to fat unless you are expending an awful lot of energy. If you can't expend the energy to burn up the calories, you have to cut back on the amount of food. It sounds simple because it is simple. Eat less and move more and you have to lose weight eventually. Try drinking an "Energy" Boost every morning, it's full of vitamins and energy. Also make sure you are getting enough water every day. And if you are trying to lose a lot of weight, green tea will help. Get the diet kind or brew your own. I do both. I have a Boost every morning and drink the green tea throughout the day. I have a Yoplait Nourishe around lunch time most days ... some times I'll lunch out with friends but most days that's all I have until dinner. I eat whatever I want for dinner and I'll have dessert if I want or a snack latter on. I lost 40 pounds a couple of years ago and have maintained on this. You don't have to do that, though. Just cut back on what you are eating now and you'll still lose if you eat less.

Happy Canuk
05-15-2006, 05:37 PM
A really good FM site, showing how to exercise.

http://www.myalgia.com/Scientific%20basis.htm

Happy Canuk
05-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Hello

Mima - gosh, that is a lot of rain. We were SUPPOSED to get some rain, but it must have gone to you instead lol It is 26 here today, around 82F. BEAUTIFUL is the word for it. Hope they can find out what the problem with the tummy is. I am still waiting for our gbaby as well. Anyday now. If not here by Thursday, he will have her induced, I guess. I can't WAIT!!!!

Tammy - sounds like the auction was a huge success, now you just need to rest and get over all the excitement lol Glad you can now count the days until the end of school.

Cattyana - welcome to our group. Not sure what you should be doing. Try walking in areas that are interesting, such as trails and such. At the mall, you will end up spending money lol Start walking in 10 minute spurts and then increase by 5 minutes every couple of days. That should help with the shin splints.

Joanne - Maybe you are lucky your hubby DOESN'T cook. Men tend to cook with more fat that women. Soooooo. Hope you get some rain.

Meme - Well, your day sounds nice, even if you didn't have your own choice. You are right, it was just nice to have the family all together.

We ended up going out in the country to a restaurant. It was a nice brunch and we had reservations for 2 hours. My son took us. It was nice just to be with everybody, but the price is ridiculous. I could have bought groceries for us for a week with what it cost for the 2 of us - luckily I didn't have to pay lol
My daughter didn't want to go, because she thought it was a crazy price. She took us out for dinner instead and we enjoyed that as well.

I am waiting for a call from my son any day. This is his first child and he is so excited. I am too, as I can't WAIT to meet her.

Hope you are all out enjoying the day.

lottie63
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
I LOVE ABILIFY! I take it for the psychotic symptoms of my bipolar. I have been 100% stable for 17 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No side effects and have never felt better in my life. I have always been on like 7 meds and now, just abilify! Can't say enough good things about it.

Mima
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Keith Allen Smith is here!! 8 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches/ Didn't hear til we were in the hospital waiting room but then we were able to go right in. He is cute!!! And the parents were so happy. Brad's ex was there and it was fine!!!
You should meet this gastro guy-not really nice. But he said I had IBS and presribed Zelnorm. 1 a day and get through the diarrhea phase if it comes-then 2. Really happy my insurance covers it. I am miserable-I hope it works.
I agree about the dieting-you gotta move and eat less plus watch what you eat-not less choc. cake-but you need a treat. there are great fudgicles out there. WW is great, So is Tops.
We have the rain but not the flooding-that is near the coast. Poor people.
Going to the Walmart!!! Bye Mima

MemeToo
05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
But ... if a person has been eating TWO pieces of chocolate cake a day and cuts back to only ONE piece a day ... they will lose weight because they have cut their overall calories by about 300-500 a day ... depending on the cake. Or if you have been eating 10 hershey's kisses and cut back to 5 it's the same principle. You can have your cake and eat it, too. (Just not as much) ;)

Joanne D
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Meme- I would be a happy camper if I could eat 1 piece of chocolate cake a day and 5 kisses.. :D :D I went to the Dr. today at 12.30 thinking I would be out of there in 30 minutes.and do my Sam's shopping.. I should have known better. I was out in 2 hours and headed to have a cats scan. He thinks there may be something with my lung.. I have been short of breath lately.. I got home at 6 and have to go back tomorrow..It may be he will have to change my meds. He said sometimes that is the cause.They give you meds to help things and years down the road we have complications from the meds that are supposed to help.Such is the life of modern meds.
Mima- Congrats on the new baby..Hope the Zelnorm helps you..
Lottie - go on the computer(if you haven't) and read up on your med. I always check out what is given to me..I think it is a good pratice.
Happy if my hubby cooked we would be eating Cambels it Something else canned.
Hello everybody....Joanne

MemeToo
05-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Joanne ... Meme - Too!!! ;) But ... alas ... I wasn't eating two pieces a day to start with (or even one every day for that matter) were you? :p

A new baby ... don't think I could take one right now but I'm happy for Mima and glad everything 'came out' ok! :D Congratulations.

Mima
05-17-2006, 06:51 AM
You won't see me babysitting but I try to be supportive. Have to watch my mouth because I love to give advice esp. when I think people need it. Haha!!. I think they are coming home today. I am just happy for Brett-he is such a nice kid. They are talking about going to church on Sunday.
I am glad you can have your chocolate-I eat some dark choc every day. Going to Aunties today and taking her out for her birthday-she will be 83 next week. She is gorgeous.
Just a little gurgling in my stomache from Zelnorm but I won't take it til I get home today-possible diarrhea,
The rain has stopped!!!
Hope you are ok Joanne.
Mima Hi Tammy and Anne.

Joanne D
05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Well my friends- The cat scan showed that my lung is ok,but, showed that my heart has enlarged. So, I am to see a cardiologist next week..I guess this can be fixed with a pill and better living..If it just helps the shortness of breath I will live with it...I guess at a certain age there is something al the time..:carrot: I am sure there others much worse off than me..
Tops today and I am over goal. i thought of changing my goal weight. But, was told 'lose the weight'.. Another challenge.. It is really hard for me to lose..
Hello Everybody..Joanne

Happy Canuk
05-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Good afternoon.

Mima - congrats on the arrival of the new baby. So far, I am still awaiting the birth of my new little gal. Today is her due date, so could be anytime. If nothing happens before the weekend, the Dr. will induce her next week, I guess.

Meme - I have given up all forms of sugar, baking etc, never eat chips or greasy stuff and I have an aversion to fat, so don't eat that, and still, NOTHING happens. I think it has to do with the heart meds and the yeast problem that I have. My body just hangs on to fluid like crazy.

Joanne - sorry to hear about the enlarged heart. Hope it can be "fixed" by taking a pill. I hear you about the shortness of breath. I am going to see the heart specialist this afternoon about that same problem. I think mine might be caused from one of the heart meds I take. We shall see. It certainly makes walking hard .

Tammy - not so long left now!! I'll bet you are happy you can see the end.

Hope you all have a good day.

Tammy
05-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Mima, welcome to the baby!!! Enjoy him.

Joanne, please take care of yourself with the enlarged heart. Do what the doctor says, ok?

Anne, yep! The kids are getting so antsy with each other. Some of the kids who are really good friends aren't getting along. It is time for summer.

It's not raining right now! We have had rain every day in May except 3 or 4. We never have this much. It's also cool. Maybe that's good for the end of the school year. At least we aren't totally miserable sitting in a hot classroom. lol

Mima
05-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Joanne-I am sorry about your heart-I am sure they will be able to help you. Getting older is scary. And you take good care of yourself.
The baby was here last night. I had made dinner for them but they came here to eat it. I probably would have still been in bed. He is so cute.
I hope it stops raining for you soon, Tammy. We had a gorgeous day yesterday-got to sit on my lounge chair. Actually-lay down and I fell asleep/
Going shopping this morning for decorations to Pastor's retirement party. Fun!!!
Haven't heard many good reports on Zelnorm. I have stopped taking it til after 2 weeks of work. I ate a mango and think that gave me problems and it was so good!!!
Waiting for a new granchild is hard!!!!Bet she will be beautiful.
Bye for now, Mima

Tammy
05-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Mima, today it was beautiful here!!! No rain!! Sunshine!! Still cool though. I was glad that I had my jacket for recess duty. I'm sure I'll be out on my glider often when school is out.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Mima
05-20-2006, 07:43 AM
You too Tammy and everyone. We went shopping for Fr. Andre's party yesterday-we found these beautiful pots and we are going to buy geraniums for them. Getting ready to go to work-it's not the work that's hard-it's staying in a hotel for 4 nights with my lovely stomache-don't dare take the Zelnorm. We went out to eat and I ordered pork chops and they were not done!! Sent them back and still not done. I took one home and it will be done when I eat it!!! Bye for now-it stopped raining but it's cool and there still is a threat. Nice next week and that is good because we walk on our lunch!!! Mima

Tammy
05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Mima, hope we all get to feeling better!! I hate to order something and have to send it back. It's a bit cool right now, and the wind is picking up.

I can't believe another weekend has come and gone.

MemeToo
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Where is everybody???

Haven't heard from you guys in days. Are you sick or just sleeping? I've been a little of both. I know Mima is away at work.

The rain has finally let up here for a couple of days. Then I think we're supposed to be in for some more. I'm going to enjoy the sun while I can, though. (If the customers will let me.) I think I've talked hubby into putting me up a privacy fence. I actually told him the other night it was a fence ... the business or me. I'm sick of men being all over my driveway and yard at all hours of the day and night. I have no privacy here at all and I told him so. The phone starts ringing at 7 or before and sometimes it even rings at 10 at night. I told him to choose, because I'm tired of not having a normal life. He either sets some business hours and sticks to them or sells the rest of the trailers and closes the business. We can't even watch a TV program or a movie all the way through at night without him getting stuck on the phone right in the middle of it. They are here in the middle of meals, too. I'm just tired of it. He said he'd put up a fence with a big gate across the driveway and put the trailers on the front side so they couldn't get in the back unless the gate was open and I'd at least have a little privacy. I've stopped answering the phone before 9 AM. They have even started coming here on SUNDAY now! He sold one last Sunday while I was napping and I made him give the profit to the church. I was really upset. We had a long talk and got some stuff that was bothering me straightened out. You have to draw the line between your life and your business somewhere and he just wasn't willing to do it. He told me he wasn't going to be open on Sunday ... then he sells a man a trailer. I say that's being open on Sunday. He said well, he was out there for a long time so I went out to see what he wanted. I told him he didn't have to go out there, he would have left. Once he went out, he was saying "I'm open". If the man had come to the door, I would have politely told him I was closed on Sundays to come back on a week day. If someone comes after hours you should do the same thing. This is our home, and after a certain time, it should revert to a home, not a business. If not, we'll never have any peace or rest! It's driving me nuts!

Here I am, the type of person who values privacy and likes time alone ... between family (grandchildren), friends (a plenty), piano students and customers I have people stuck in my face in a constant stream. Ironic wouldn't you say?

Happy Canuk
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, our little baby has arrived. Her name is Meela Maria and she weighed 8lbs 2 oz and was 21.75" long. She had fairly long, dark hair, which is different for me. My 2 kinds were almost bald(well my daughter looked like Friar Tuck, with just a fringe of red hair around the bottom and lots of fluff, and my son was a tow head - so white you couldn't even see it. My Ashley was also fair, so this is really a BIG change) She ended up having a Csection as baby was breech. Both are fine.

Meme - You DO need to set boundaries and business hours are the way to do that, otherwise you will be open 24/7. Yep, for somebody who wants time to yourself, you never seem to get it. I should be YOU! l0l

It looks like it's going to rain here, and I feel like it going to rain here. Pain has set in, so rain is on the way:dizzy:

Hope you all have a good day.

Tammy
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Anne, congrats on the new baby!!!

Meme, I agree with Anne. Boundaries need to be set. My parents had a business at our home, so I can relate to what is happening with you. You just have to put your foot down, or there will be people there all the time.

Beautiful day here. Tomorrow is our field day at school and it is supposed to be nice again. Thursday is our picnic, and it's supposed to rain. Picnics in the classrooms!! Oh boy!

Mima
05-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi from work-hard to get computer. Congrats Anne-that is so wonderful!!!! Good for you Meme. Mima

Joanne D
05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Congrats Happy.. Wish it was me..
Meme- I don't blame you.. I used to do dressmaking and alterations in my home when my kids were in school. I didn't want to work out of the house. The money was good but the customers had no concideration for my time. I had people walking up on my porch at mealtimes and at 10pm and even later. In a way it was a nightmare.
I am wearing a holter monitor till this noon. Next is a stress test. I guess after that more pills. This just slipped up on me. I never expected that I would be running to so many doctors. I hate it. I have no patience for these things.They will sure see what a stressful day is like . Yesterday was the pits.
Hello Tammy,Mima.. Joanne

Tammy
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Joanne, take care of yourself. I had a stress test last summer. Do you have to do the treadmill one? I got the giggles on the treadmill when they raised it up. I was having trouble hanging on, and I couldn't stop giggling. They thought I was nuts. I'm sure it made the test really accurate.

Joanne D
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Tammy- They are going to try the treadmil first and if that doesn't get my pulse where they want it ,they will do the injectable one..They want to get my pulse to 180. After walking for 30 minutes at 2.8mph here at home it was only 160.. Had blood work early this morning.. Now I am doing laundry..I just wish I could go to bed for a day..
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Mima
05-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Hope this is easier on you than it has been.Joanne. And good results. Prayers for you.
What a week-we corrected 20,000 VA reading tests. Lots took it because it didn't count yet. I worked 32 and a half hours in 4 days but now I am home for 4 days. Terrible IBS. I will calm my stomache down and then go back!!!! I met a friend who helped me with my father's geneology-she pays to get online. It was great. Just need to look at greatgrandfathers death record to get his parents.
Angela's aunt died of cancer. Everyone in that family smokes-well almost. Hope this wakes them up. At least Angela ans Brett quit. Baby is great=He only woke up once the night before. Congrats again to you Anne.
Boy-weather is warmer-Brad has to hook up our air-he keeps taking things apart-I am sure
he has ADD.
Hey Tammy-almost done? Al is out!!! Did you guys see the final of IDOL-what a great show. Bye Mima

Joanne D
05-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Mima- Things just keep on adding up.. I went for a eye exam today and found out that before I get new glasses I need to have cataract surgery..I went home a started cleaning house. Our daughter is coming for the weekend.Now I ache all over.:p Life is not a bed of roses.Eleni said I am falling apart..:( I am sure God will take care of this.. I hope you can get your stomach in order.. All this stress has done a job on mine..
Now I will stop whinning.. Hello Everybody..Joanne

Tammy
05-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Joanne, I feel the same way about falling apart! Like you said though, God will take care of it. Take care.

ALL OF YOU take care!!!

3 more days of school with students, then work day.

Mima
05-27-2006, 06:55 AM
That's what it seems like-things come in bunches, Joanne. Cataract surgery is not like it used to be-my girlfriend was at work 2 days later. I am looking forward to getting mine done so I can see better. Hope yours is easy. Some people don't need glasses after. But everything reminds us that we are getting older.
Had a terrible day with IBS and some of it is my fault. Better today.
Angela's mother has hepatitis B-she had it before-glad Angela and kids had shots. Now Brett has to go get some. And on top of that her Aunt died.
Great for you Tammy. That's something to look forward to.
Alison didn't pass FCAT reading which she needs to graduate. It's the spina bifida which does not help her remember. When she was little, she couldn't even remember what she had for lunch. I will pick the brains of my co-workers-we must be good for something-what a great collection of brain power. That makes me feel younger-there are people in their 70's scoring. And sharp!!!!! Gotta get food today-movied tonight. Mima

Mima
05-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Hey there-is everyone celebrating? Went to 2 cemeteries-25 miles apart. Saw the baby in church-he is adorable!! But here's tje best news-I have been so sick with IBS-worst ever -so I did a search and keep hearing about peppermint capsules. Was near a health food store in Worcester and am taking them. Most of pain and spasms gone but I will let you know!! I didn't think I could go back to work!! Hope everyone is ok-Mima

flash2
05-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Hello, I am new here. Hope I can just jump in. I have fibromyalgia and am overweight. This sounded like the best group for me. I recently quit working and now all I do is eat. I worked for 35 years and this is a whole new thing for me. I am kinda looking for another job but not in a hurry for one. I just can't always keep up and I hurt too bad to try.
Well, thought I would just say hello and meet new people. Flash2

Joanne D
05-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Flash2 -Welcome. It seem that one of the life styles is fighting a weight problem. I have been doing that along with health problems most of my life. I reached a goal weight about 2 years ago but have gained back 5 lbs. I am obsessed with my weight. I joined WW and lost 60 lbs. Then I joined TOPS and lost 14 more. Tops is a support group more so than WW. Unlike you I gained most of my weight while working. There is always food at a nurses station. After retiring and a new knee I finally woke up and got down to taking care of myself. That is really what it is about. Taking care of yourself.
Mima- I have heard of peppermint for intestinal problems.I may try it. I take prilosec daily.I am taking things one day at a time. I go for my stress test tomorrow. I feel sure that it will just be a change of medication when it is all done.Plus keeping my stress level down.
Tammy- One more day post planning for my daughter.. her stress level was out of sight this weekend.. The school system in her area is in a mess and she feels it won't be long before the public gets wind of it. 8 more teachers in her school resigned or went to other schools at the end of this year.They will have a new principal next year. She is hoping that things will get better. The 'good old boy system' is not working there.
Hello Meme,Happy,Candice....Joanne

Happy Canuk
05-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Here's a little funny for you:carrot:
Why men love to shop...

Mrs. Fenton, our store is considering banning your family from ever shopping with us unless your husband stops his antics. Below is a list of offenses over the past few months, all verified by our surveillance cameras.

MEMO
Re: Mr. Bill Fenton - Complaints - 15 Things Mr. Bill Fenton has done while his spouse/partner is shopping:

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the rest rooms.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in housewares..... and watched what happened.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and asked to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.
6. September 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.
8. September 23: When a clerk asks if they can help him, he begins to cry and asks "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, and gave us the finger!
10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, asked the clerk if he knows where the antidepressants are.
11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
12. December 6: In the auto department, practiced his "Madonna look" using different size funnels.
13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browse through, yelled
"PICK ME! PICK ME!"
14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumes the fetal position and screams "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"

(And; last, but not least!)

15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door and waited a while; then, yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"
WOW

Tammy
05-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome Flash2!! This is a great group to share concerns with. I also have fibro., arthritis in my lower spine, and am overweight. Being in pain is not fun, and it is definitely hard to do things like I used to. I've been doing water aerobics at the YMCA. That has helped me. Also, just walking in the water makes a difference. While I"m in the water, I don't hurt. Feels good!

Joanne, tell your daughter to hang in there. Our school system has really been crazy the past several years. We are getting a new principal at the elementary, so hopefully he/she will be able to make a difference and boost the morale of the staff. The other principal was there for 9 years, and he drove the school into the ground. I don't know why it took the school board so long to see it.

Anne, that was hilarious!! I could see my husband doing something like that!!

Busy weekend. Baby shower for my cousin's daughter who is having twin girls. It was fun. Sunday we had Tim's graduation party at our church. We had it catered, so I could just visit and enjoy. I thought I did great until I tried to get out of bed this morning. Good thing we didn't have school. I definitely wouldn't have been able to go. I've felt so weak, and I've been on the bed or in the recliner the whole day until I checked messages.

Have a good day everyone!

Happy Canuk
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi everybody.

Joanne, sorry to hear about yet another problem. This getting older is just NO fun at all. I am having a cardiac stress test as well, along with a Pulmonary Breath Test - but can't get an appt. until Aug 03. So, it is a bit of a wait.

Mima - gosh, I hope the IBS settles down for you. I hope the pepperment helps. Somebody told me that pepperment can cause acid relux, so hope all goes well. I am drinking a very concentrated green tea with other herbal stuff in it, and the IBS has disappeared for me, thank goodness.

Tammy - I am soooo glad that your term is almost over. Glad you enjoyed the grad party and had it catered.

Meme and Candice - hope all is well with you.

Our little gbaby is doing well. Mom and baby came home of Wednesday as Jackie had to have a C-section. They say she is a good baby, so that is great. I will see her on Thursday. So, looking forward to that.

I have had a FM and Arthritis flare in my back. Muscle spasams started last Monday and this is THE first day that I have not had that screaming, acute pain. I am sooooo thankful that the muscles have relaxed. I was taking Flexeril and another med I have with ASA, CODINE, and a MUSCLE RELAXER in it. Also, Tylenol 3's have been a blessing.

Hope everybody had a good long weekend. We had ours the weekend before. The first one of summer.

Tammy
05-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I think Meme's birthday was yesterday. I have her name on my little calendar beside the computer. Happy Birthday Meme!!

Anne, enjoy the new little one! Send pictures if you can.

flash2
05-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks so much for your response. I am not really sure how this works. How many of you is there? Do I talk to everyone at one time? I guess it is like being in a group of friends...Cool!
I have been overweight my whole life but not working is making it worse. I guess I am depressed too because of all the changes that the Fibro has caused in my life. Gotta kick my own butt and make some changes for the good but that is easier said than done.
Great to talk to you all. Thanks again for welcoming me.

Happy Canuk
05-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Flash. Welcome to our group. I hope to get to know you.
Yes, we just chat. I know how hard it is to keep your chin up, when everything else is hurting. I have Osteo Arthritis and FM. My two constant companions - I really could do without them, however:dizzy: Try to keep a positive outlook. Stress is the real killer here for us.

Meme- Happy Birthday. 59 now, you say???

Tammy - I am going to see her this weekend and THIS time I will NOT forget my camera. You will see pictures by next week lol

Tammy
05-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Anne said it right for all of us Flash. Stress is awful, and it definitely makes things worse. Trying to stay positive is hard with everything that happens in our lives, but that's the best thing.

Anne, hooray for baby pictures!!

I didn't make out specific lesson plans for this week, so we're just kind of winging it the last few days. The kids keep waiting to see what I'll think of next. lol Yesterday afternoon we made State of Ohio flags. I had patterns and samples, but apparently some of the kids didn't pay any attention. Oh my! A couple of girls asked if we could put them up in the hall until the last day of school. I told them to go for it. We now have an interesting display of flags. Most of them are nice.

Mima
05-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi from work!!!It's hot finally. Enjoy your days at school Tammy. Flags!! Great. Hi to all. Mima

Joanne D
05-31-2006, 11:26 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEME
I hope uou have a GREAT DAY.
My stress test is over and done with. I won't get the results till the 6th June ,unless the Dr. finds something..Next is the eyes. In between is other Dr. appointments for my hubby and I. It is a steady circle..
It is really hot here now.. no rain and I am about to lose some of my plants. we pour the water to them but it is not enough..
Got to go...later...Joanne

Tammy
05-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Mima, Hello to you at work! It's been hot and miserable at school. The fans just aren't cutting it. Glad tomorrow is the last day.

Joanne, all of your appointments sounds like me for a while. I need to make another one with the family doctor after I have some tests done, but I just keep running out of time. Wish you'd get some rain to help your plants. I already lost one of my hanging baskets. One of the girls in my class gave it to me, and it didn't look super healthy to begin with. Once it became mine at home, it didn't have a chance. No green thumb here at all.

MemeToo
05-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi to flash2 and welcome. Nice to meet you. Fighting Fibro is no fun ... a support group helps a little.

Thanks for the happys gals but you're a little late ... it was a week ago last Sat. and yes ... I was 59. It's the big six-OH ... next time. Daughter had a little cookout for me at her house and son asked me if I was still 49 and holding. I said I guess ... he said was I going to finally turn 50 next year. I said I didn't think so. He yelled ... hey sis, Mom's not going for the big FIVE-0 next year ... she's gonna stay 49 another year. Daughter said WHAT are you talking about ... Mom's gonna be SIXTY next year. He was dying laughing. He's always teasing me because I don't look my age. We went out to lunch once and he had someone from his church come by our table ... he made sure he introduced me as his mom. He told me after they left he did that because he didn't want rumors getting around that he was seeing another woman. He's so funny ... but he was serious. We were at another restaurant once and a friend of his asked him if I was his sister ... I think it's cute that he's afraid to eat out with me alone! ;)

If this weather doesn't break soon he won't have to worry about being seen out with me ... I won't be able to walk. As soon as I get up and try to move, everyone will know I'm not a young chick!!! This rain is absolutely killing me. We've been having thunder storms almost every single day but it's been hot, too. Joanne ... wish you had some of this. Hope your tests turn out ok.

Congratulations on the new baby Anne! You, too, Mima! I agree with Tammy, we want to see some pictures of these little ones. I bet Tammy will be relaxing at home now that school is out! I need to clean closets and wash windows ... notice I said NEED to! :p What I really need to do is go through all my STUFF and gather up everything I haven't used in the last 2 years ... have a yard sale and get rid of it and then give what's left over to Good Will. Yeah ... that's a plan. (Notice I said NEED to!) ;)

flash2
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
MEME, I sure agree with the weather hurting. I can tell the day before it rains because of the humidity. That is so wonderful that your son has to explain "the other women". My son is a male version of me so I can't do that. He is just alot taller cause I'm only 5'1". But his wife and I are the exact same size. We can borrow each others clothes and shoes. My daughter is just like her daddy. She is 22 and wears a size 3. I am really not sure where she came from..hehe.
Were are you all from. I live in Tn. and am a friend of Amy's of the 3 sisters.
This is great to have someone new to talk to.
How do you all do all the cute pictures? I'm really behind the times with the computer.
Well, better go eat.....Is that sad or what!?!? Flash2

Mima
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi guys-glad to be home and not working til August.
The peppermint seems to be working. It's coated like aspirin,. I am so much better. I take 2 in the morming so I can have coffee.
I work in a brand new building and we freeze-lots of layers. Then outside it's in the 80's. Sometimes I just go out to warm up.
Boy am I hurting!! We have rain-sorry Joanne.
Can't wait til July so I can see Evan!!
Hi flash. Meme is in TN too.Sure is a beautiful state .Mima Happy Belated bd Meme-Joanne and I think you are a baby compared to us!!!

Joanne D
06-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Mima- I am glad the peppermint is working. I may give it a try. I am so tired of taking medication. There are always after effects.I am well aware of cold rooms. Why do they have to keep Dr. offices and other places of business so cold. I guess because the employees are required to wear more clothes.:D I always take a extra shirt or sweater to Tops.We meet in the Library room and it is like a meat locker.
Meme- There was a flyer in our paper today advertising land close to C00ksville and Crossville,Tennessee.5 acre wooded lots for 39,900.Is that near you?Is that like selling swamp land in Fl.?;) You are a baby next to me. I never thought about my age till a few weeks ago.I better get on the ball and start walking more.
Flash- I live in Fl. A mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Who is Amy of the 3 sisters?
Hello Tammy . I more appointments to keep up with for the nwxt 2 weeks. I have to write them on a list to keep up with them. No fun. I am starting to think abnout short term/long term memory.
Hello Happy,Candice...Joanne

MemeToo
06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Joanne ... you are soooooo funny. :p Don't know of any swamp land near me but 39,900 for a half acre - would depend on where it is. There are some acres around here I wouldn't pay $900 for! ;) Then again there is some very valuable land around here, too. I'd say there is some worth far more than that.

More storms today. It's supposed to clear off tonight and stay that way for two or three days ... then start again. Maybe I'll at least have a couple of days relief.

VBS tonight and tomorrow ... I have the music. It's only for ages 4-12 so maybe it won't be too bad. It's their first Bible School ... should be interesting.

I haven't heard anything from the old church or pastor in a couple of weeks. I gave hubby the church books and my key and told him to take them out there to the pastor and tell him that the registrar for the website is unlocked and he can move it anytime he wants. I basically took the site down but it's still on the old hosting service and can be moved. I told him to tell him I've given everything back and closed this chapter out and I just want to be left alone. I'm sure he is still blaming me for other people leaving his church, though. A preacher friend of ours from MI called last week and told us that this other pastor's father had been up there to visit and told him a bunch of stuff about us leaving his church and it wasn't true. He wanted to know (from us) what really happened. So I just told him ... since he had been told lies. He said he didn't think it had happened the other way ... he just couldn't see us doing that. How sad! Don't they know that they are talking to OUR friends when they say stuff like that and our friends are not believing them? How dumb can you get??? It still bothers me that they are spreading lies about me ... but what can I do about it? I've just been praying for them. I guess God will have to straighten them out. It's beyond me!

Tammy
06-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Flash, I live in southwestern Ohio. We are near Dayton.

Mima, glad the peppermint is working!! We also have rain. Too much over the past 24 hours. Roads and fields are flooded. Over 5 inches of rain overnight. I took the usual way to school this morning. Mistake. It took me 15 minutes longer because of all of the water covering the roads.

Joanne, I keep notes for everything anymore. I am getting so forgetful.

Meme, that is definitely sad that those people are telling lies about you! Praying for them is all you can do now. God will straighten them out as He sees fit.

School is officially finished. Now we'll see how the summer goes and if I'll be back in the fall. I have mixed emotions. I love the kids, but I just hurt so much that I know I am not doing my best.

MemeToo
06-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Tammy ... that's exactly how I feel most of the time. I don't know how many times I have cancelled piano lessons lately because I knew I couldn't give my students what they really needed ... just hurt too darn bad to concentrate on the problem at hand (or to care what the problem was). And when I'm not hurting so bad I'm spaced out on Darvocet so I can't think! I just spent 2-1/2 hrs. standing in front of little (and not so little) kids teaching them to sing and sign songs and it about 'might-neart' killed me as my MIL says. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to give some of this stuff up. But ... gotta make it through 3 hrs. tomorrow morning and I'm home free. Those kids had so much fun tonight ... they sang their little hearts out. Pastor's wife came and asked me tonight after VBS if I would lead them Sun. morning and let them sing before the service. No one at the new church knew I had worked with kids before ... I think they were surprised. She asked me how long I had worked with children. I rubbed my chin and said, Oh ... only for about 40 years! ;)

Mima
06-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Meme-your talents are wonderful. I have a funny problem-the people at Brad's church keep asking me to do things. And I do stuff for my church. I did say no to VBS there because Mike will be up. They have me down for Nursery in August and I volunteered to help paint scenery. I am working on Pastor's retirement at my church and the Fair-I have to collect for the Fair too. This all makes up for not doing ANYTHING in FL. Of course, I have been at work so I haven't done anything/
Peppermint didn't work yesterday-But at least I wasn't running to the bathroom-just a lot of pain. I have one observation-when I have the fibro pain I don't have as much IBS and vice versa. Go figure. It is definitely related-rheumo told. me.
Pouring today-bringing things over to church for flea markret-love to get them out of the house!!!! Then I will take a deduction because I have a floppy disc digital camere in there and will have my old laptop as soon as I can get my stuff off. They will sell those on e-bay and give money to the church. Speaking of church, we still don't know what is going to happen ith the Pastor retiring. Mima

Tammy
06-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Meme, that's awesome about the signing and singing! LOL about the 40 years!!!

Mima, I haven't been asked the past 2 years about VBS. They all know what kind of shape I'm in. I know they are hoping that after I'm not in school and relaxing more, maybe I'll be able to help out again with Sunday school during the year, and Bible Club on Wed. nights. Maybe I will fell more like it if I'm not teaching all day.

Today was graduation. Last night I sat and cried and cried. I dreaded today. It was great! I teared up a bit, but I was ok, and I was oh so proud of Tim. Went to a couple parties then I came home to take a nap. A really party animal.

Mima
06-05-2006, 06:35 AM
You have every right to be proud-God has blessed you with a gret son! Congratulations. The one I was so proud of was my middle son when he graduated from college, since he had quit high school. It was a long road but a good example of not giving up.
I think it has stopped raining. I have so much to catch up on-I lost 2 weeks to work. My stomache was good yesterday-I will take it one day at a time.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. When is your eye surgery Joanne, That just reminded me that I have to make eye appts. for Brad and I. Our insurance goes up July 1. Maybe we can go this month. I am niot complaining. The City doesn't make us go on Medicare. Need those scripts.
Bye for now Mima

Tammy
06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Mima, that's wonderful that your son did that! Good for him on not giving up. The speaker at graduation talked about that. She works with Youth For Christ in the county so she's is at school and knows many of the kids. She was also Tim's preschool teacher. We took a picture of the 2 of them after graduation.

Bob just left for Michigan. He had talked about taking off on his own for a couple days after the auction and graduation. This morning he got up and said it was today. I laughed. There's a huge Cabela's Store (hunting, fishing, etc. gear) where he's headed. We've never stopped there when we've gone past. I know he'll enjoy it alot more without me holding him back because I hurt.

Happy Canuk
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Don't post here. Started #154.