South Beach Diet - Tuesday Chat

View Full Version : Tuesday Chat

Kelly J
05-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Morning Chicks! Up and at 'Em! :carrot: Where is everyone this morning? It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day on this little stretch of beach. I'll have to try to get out a bit at lunch time to enjoy the weather. I made the shrimp scampi from the quick cook book last night - it was so good! I had it with soy pasta (who knew?). I'll post the ingredients later - I think it should be P1 okay? What are the rules about posting recipes? I would like to post that one and a fudge shake I made last night from the hungry girl website (thank you whomever posted that link! :D I love it). Well, time to go get the little up and ready for the day.

I'll check back in later :cool:

Kiko
05-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Morning chicks!

Thought I would get us started up for the day. :) Today is Day 4 of Phase 1 for me- it hasn't been too bad thus far, so I am going to just plug along. Meals and snacks are planned for the day- my only pitfall has been nuts. I need to stay within the guidelines on that one.

Okay- need to get my coffee and get moving here.

Baby DD is 11 months old today. :flow2:

Schatzi
05-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Morning!!!!!! Morning Larks :chicken: Rise n Shine :flow1:

Kiko: I merged your post into the thread Kelly started... We pick by the time posted and Kelly bet you in by a hair :D ....

Kelly: rules for posting recipes... Select the correct title to post under.. eg if all the ingredients are phase 1 - go to the phase 1 section , and post under the category within phase 1...And make sure that you include how many servings the recipe makes. The shake sounds yummy! I love that hungry girl site..!

We have a pond in our backyard now :( It's been raining near non stop for 2 days now! With some boomers and lighning to boot... so I just Batten down the hatches and have been hanging indoors...

Time for some Cawfee and a WW english muffin ... dinner hmmm not sure yet...

MsCrockett
05-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I am up ,,I am up... Good lord this morning stuff,, I dont like it..

Where has everyone gone to.. did everybody take a trip with Ruth.. ?
Passed my Keyboarding II test,, the teacher did not grade it, but I just know I passed it.,....I was ready for the 100 question test and she gave us 50 T/F questions.. I am sure it is an A,, all OP here for me,, got some water retention going on.. but will live..

smokepole
05-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Good morning all! It's such a joy to be able to say in upstate NY the weather is sunny and warm!! The downside is the rain is coming! Oh well.

I would love to have that hungry girl site. Are there phase 1 recipes?

MsCrockett: Congrat on your test. I keep saying I'm going to go back to work and I'm sure Id have to take one of those! My mom keeps me just busy enough to make me reconsider.

Me: For today, my last day of phase 1 I'm trying the mock oatmeal for bkfast. Tried the french toast pancake (made with ricotta) yesterday. Not bad. It's better than eggs all the time.

I'm really hopeing my book gets here today. I have so many questions that I don't understand. Like, if protein is unlimited you can just eat it whenever you are hungry? And this cheese thing. Unlimited? Last night I splurged because I walked into the grocery store and they had lobster on sale!! I bought just 1 for my husband and I and we split it. I also cooked a cube steak. So we had "surf & turf"!! Had grilled veggies and I made a salad. Was so full couldn't eat the salad. Then I worried I shouldn't have eaten the cube steak. But it tasted soooo good cooked on the grill.

Okay, time to get movin. Minister and her family coming to watch American Idol tonight. Sprucin up is in order!

Have a good day all.

cottagebythesea
05-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Hello Chickies!
I was having computer problems yesterday and couldn't get online, but I managed to figure out the problem this morning. :smug:

Kelly ~ Isn't that Shrimp Scampi recipe good? I make it often, and serve it over Shirataki. Enjoy your beautiful day, it's overcast here!

Kiko ~ Time is flying by, your wee one is 11 mos old already!! I remember when you announced you were expecting again, seems like just yesterday!

Schatzi ~ We had the same thing for breakfast this morning, I put cinnamon and splenda on mine. Around mid-morning I'm going to have a snack of Greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries mixed in. Yum!

MsCrockett ~ Congratulations on your Keyboarding test! How's the math coming along?

I've been playing around trying to figure out how my new PDA works. My DD gave it to me and offered to show me how to use it, but I want to figure it out myself, that's how I learn best, and remember how to do it. But that's probably why I was having computer problems, LOL! I've never had one of those gadgets before, but it seems like it'll come in handy for me.
Today will be a full day, we're meeting up with a group of Audrey's school mates for lunch and a playdate at Boomer's, then it'll be time to get ready for swimming lessons. I hope Maggie falls asleep in the car while we're on the run so she can get her nap in, she can get miserable without it! I put some boneless porkchops in the crockpot with rosemary balsamic marinade for tonight's supper.

cottagebythesea
05-09-2006, 08:58 AM
:wave: Smokepole! That hungry girl website perked my interest, too! Your supper last night sounded good, don't worry about the cubesteak, it's ok to eat. I hope you didn't use butter on the lobster, thought! Spray it with ICBINB, and it'll be just as yummy. I think protein is pretty much unlimited, just keep it within your calorie limit for the day.

kyemom
05-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Morning Chicks!!! Today was official weigh in day for me..and I am down 2 pounds. I changed my ticker already. I really thought it would be more than that, since that was for a whole week on Phase 1, but I guess I had not been eating very bad before that, so not much to detox. At least I am back on the beach, and feeling good. I never got the SBD flu this time. I got it bad the first time. I have my breakfast and lunch already figured out, but still trying to figure out what to do for dinner. DH will not be home so it will be just me and the kids...Any thought????

Demeter
05-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Good Morning, everyone. I made it to the 30 lbs mark!!!
:cp: :carrot: :cp: :carrot: :cp: :carrot: :cp: :carrot: :cp: :carrot: :cp:
I've been stuck for about a month & it finally came down some!

Kelly: I'm up, I'm up.
Kiko: Just keep hanging in there!
Schatzi: May showers bring . . . . wait!
Mscrockett: Good job on the test!
Smokepole: Oo-la-la, Fancy livin'!
Cottage: Oh, neat. I want one, too!
Kyemom: Congrats on the 2 lbs!

Not much else to report. I'm just counting the days until our trip to Colorado & I can't wait till we get our new motorhome. I'm gonna have a good time decorating it & stuff. Have a great day!

kyemom
05-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Congrats Demeter!!!!

lottie63
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
morning!

kye congrats on the two lbs! :)

I have 4 days left before I can weigh in again and I'm so anxious, the scale addiction...I can feel it creeping up on me! But so far I've managed to stay off of it.. haha.

smokepole
05-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Cottage: thanks for the input. Smart Balance or Olivio is the current "butter" of choice!!

Demeter: Yeah mighty fancy. Husband wanted to know what I did. I seldom splurge. We don't do fancy restaurants very often. The mood just hit me AND I could eat it!!!

annarenee
05-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Good morning chickies!

Demeter - 30lbs! woohoo! Way to go! I'm counting down a trip to Colorado too. When are you going and what city are you visiting? I'm going to Colorado Springs over Memorial Day weekend.

Kelly - mmmmm shrimp :)

Smoke - mmmmm lobster :)

kyemom - WTG!! :D

MsCrockett - congrats on your keyboard test :carrot:

Me: Not much new to report. DBF has decided he can no longer sleep on my bed. So this weekend, we are moving his king size bed from storage into my studio apartment. He says he's taken measurments and if we rearrange the apartment in a certain way, it will work. If he thinks he can do it...more power to him. I would love to sleep in a king size bed :) Tonight for dinner I'm making Chicken Strips and oven-baked sweet potato french fries. And if I wasn't excited enough about that...I found an NSA BBQ sauce at the store last week. I am looking forward to dinner tonight!!

Gotta run...there's work to do!

Have a good day everyone :hug:

MsCrockett
05-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Demeter~ yeee haaaaa glad to see all is well in your neck of the woods..

Is anyone going to the book signing of the 3FC this weekend

Cottage~ I am trying to go in to a state of denial or lack there of. with Math, I can honestly set down and cry when it comes to doing my homework. The Final is Friday. and I just dont know how I am going to do. then I have this thing in my head, that I need to retake it,as I have not retained anything from the class.Math 99 is offered this summer and it is with the same teacher, So if i pass this Math 98, i will be going 4 days a week this summer in Math 99, which may do me better than this One day a week.. just so aggrivating.

JessieW
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
MsCrockett, Wish you were near here, my hubby is a match doctoral student and is looking for people to tutor this summer!

Well, I have been hopping on and off phase 1...not too badly. for some reason it's just driving me bananas this time around. I didn't behave very well this weekend...well, I had one bad meal, Sunday at lunch, we ate at church and they had NOTHING OP!! It was very frustrating. But they certainly didn't force me to eat a cookie. I think I have found that one of my major triggers is being tired. When I am tired, I don't care as much if I am on plan. I had the worst day at work yesterday, had been exhausted all day, and I went home and had cheese and wheat crackers...the yucky, processed kind. What was I thinking??? Not to mention I had way too much sugar free candy while at the desk yesterday. SIGH.

Well, doing the best I can today. It's almost lunchtime here. Hubby and I did take a 40 minute walk last night with the dog, that was nice. The weather is cool and actually feels like Spring. Very nice. I think El Stupido, aka the DOG aka Chester and I will take another walk tonight if it's still nice. Hubby informed me he doesn't really like taking walks to nowhere. He can be very frustrating!!

Anyway, tonight for dinner is bunless burger and cauliflower mashed "taters." [Yet another thing DH won't eat...] Mmm. And lunch is leftover chicken stir fry with peanut sauce (who needs rice, anyway). I have written on way too long and need to get to the nice stack on my desk!!

Jessie

MsCrockett
05-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Jessie~ Can we do online tutoring? that would be challenging?

Kelly J
05-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Popping in again on my lunch. After this, I'm going to go post that shake recipe in the P2 recipes....I think I'll have another tonight - it was so yummy! :drool: Oh, and I checked the soy noodles, and the only ingredient was golden soybeans so that should be okay for P1, right? They weren't the best tasting things (I'd never eat them plain) but they were okay with the scampi sauce.
The hungry girl website is: http://www.hungry-girl.com/ (hope that's okay to post?) There is a lot of searchable stuff, there but you can also sign up to receive emails with reviews of new products & recipes. It's not geared to SBD but there's a lot of healthy things there that are easily adapted. I forget who originally suggested it here, but Thank You! :hug:

Kiko - :hug: on your baby being 11 months old! It's scary just how fast they grow up. Mine's just over 7 months.
Schatzi - hope you dry out a bit today!
Crockett - congrats on the test! :bravo:
Smoke - Where about's in NY are you? (if you don't mind sharing) I'm out Batavia way and the weather is just ab-so-lutely gorgeous today....I want to go outside and play!
Cottage - oooooh!!!! What kind of PDA did you get??? I love those things :D I would be so lost without mine. I've got everything on there so I don't lose track of things as I seem to have lost so much of my mind with the birth of my littles. Let me know if you need any help - downloading programs for it has become one of my fav. hobbies. :)
Kyemom - congrats on the 2 pounds!!!
Dementer - congrats on your 30!!!! WTG ::cp:
Lottie - not sure if I welcomed you yet - so Welcome!! :D Good luck on your weigh-in.
Anna - have a good day!
Jessie - hope you get a chance to get out for another walk.

smokepole
05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Kelly, don't mind sharing. I live in Lafayette, NY, about 12 miles south of Syracuse, off Rt. 81 And you are right, it's absolutely gorgeious!! I've been inside all am cleaning. Going outside right now!!

aovercast
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Good morning! At least it's morning here in Hawaii...I hate the time difference here. Normally my kids let me sleep in til 8, but my two year old had me up and watching cartoons at 6:45 this morning. Blah! Hubby and I went for a walk/run last night and I felt so good afterwards. It sucked like no other during, but I was exilerated after and felt like I accomplished something. Sorry I'm not answering other, but it looks like too much for me to catch up on! I'll check out posts after mine, easier to manage ;)

beach bum
05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi Ladies

Its was a windy rainy day,coming down like cats & dogs,when leaving the treatment bldg,and the ride home wasn't fun either.Don't like driving in bad weather.

Leo's doctor,didn't like the raw blistering skin on his chest where the radiation is hitting. She going to come into the treatment room tomorrow and see if the x-ray machine is set up right.She told us that its going to be sore for a while,and gave hubby some kind of ointment to put on.

I'm lossing slowly again,was up [3] on Sunday and now I'm down again. Hopefully I can move that ticker weight down a little more than what is posted.

BOY!!! STRESS is really doing a job on my weight loss challenge.

Congrats:cheer: to all the losers,and hugs:hug: and here to next week for the rest of us.

Hugs :) BB

Bunnababy
05-09-2006, 03:38 PM
:cheers: to Demeter for hitting the 30 lb. mark.

Congratulations on the SV and NSV's. Mentioning those I lost another pound so a total of 13 so far.

My new favorite breakfast is a piece of whole grain toast with Smart Balance, V-8 juice, and yogurt. When I am bored with that I will fix something different but for now working well. I am not much of a breakfast eater anyway and if I don't keep it very simple I will tend to have some skim milk and call that a meal :nono: Having the grain in the am doesn't kick any cravings in and keeps me satisfied. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat grains in the early part of the day. Enough :blah: :blah: :blah:

I take my MIL in today to get the results of her tests and find out if she has dimentia or early Alzheimers. My dad is going in for tests to determine if the spot on his lung is anything bad or not. Stressful day today with parents. Just found out one of my uncles has cancer, don't know the prognosis on his yet.

Everyone have a good day on the :beach:

Ruthxxx
05-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Just checking in from beautiful Nanaimo, BC.

I feel like a real wuss! I made it out here OK and visited with my pal Linda but then the damned cold got really bad, I actually slept ALL day yesterday and then from 8 PM to 8AM this morning. I'm pi$$ed over losing a day with my DD to a dumb cold. Today things are better and I'm at ME's house. She's nursing me and I'm really feeling better. It's 1:15 here so I am going to grab her dog, Sherman, and have my afternoon nap.

I'll try to pop in later this week. Be good chickies!

Demeter
05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Thank you everyone for the congratulations!

annarenee: I'll be there part of the week & the weekend before you. We're hitting Denver for a couple of days & then on to Sterling.
My middle name is Renee, too!

Later, Chicks!

JessieW
05-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Looks like no walk today, at least not outside. It's storming up a mess outside. I am on the 9th (top) floor of my building, and I can always tell when it's storming because the thunder shakes the building!! BLECH! Hubby also called and wants to meet at Chinese for dinner--SIGH. I am just sucking at the diet recently. Oh well, eat the veggies, not the rice, and I am OK.

Wonder if puppy would like to Walk away the pounds? LOL.

Jessie :)

JanaM
05-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Evening everyone. Sorry that I didn't get a chance to pop in before work. Had thunderstorms rolling thru & didn't want to turn on the computer. Had a busy day 'cause I had to cover for a couple of people that were out today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Crock - Congrats on the test!
Smokepole - Surf & turf sounds great. Who do you think will win 'Idol'? I still think it's a tossup between Chris, Katharine, and Taylor.
Kye & Demeter - Woo-hoo on the weight loss!!!!
Anna - Good luck getting the bed into a studio apartment. Ought to be good entertainment value watching your BF try to get that done. Do I feel a funny story coming on???? ;)
Jessie - I really struggle with staying OP too. Yesterday I did great, and then today, I caved in and had a donut. I just keep telling myself to get back on track.
Kelly - Thanx for the hungry girl site. I'll have to check it out.
Aovercast - Kudos on running. I'd pass out if I tried to run now. lol
BeachBum & Bunna - :hug: on dealing with family illness. Hope everything turns out well.
Ruth - Ooooh. I HATE being sick while I'm on vacay. Hope you feel better soon, sweetie!

Welcome to all the new chickies that have posted in the past couple of days. Looking forward to getting to know you! Everyone have a great evening!

weezle
05-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey all, I'm still alive. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Checking email from Mom and Dad's computer. Hope everyone is well! The new job is great so far! Talk soon (I hope)

Lisa

smokepole
05-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Janna, I might have agreed with you until watching tonight's IDOL. That Elliott was good. I think he's the most improved. I'm afraid this wasn't Katherine's night. But I don't think she'll go home. Elliott is the underdog.