Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #1  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

Question Fearing Failure

I started WW last week, and I did well for 3 our of 7 days, and than It went down hill, I'm starting over now... But I still am so afraid that I'm going to fail. I feel so ugly and worthless. I hate this... I just am scared that I will not succeed. I don't know what to do.... *sighs* I can't tell you the times I've tried and failed....
Old 05-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Stop being down on yourself. The only time you are a failure is when you quit trying.

You did it for 3 days next you'll do it more then you'll be 100% on track.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Try not to feel bad about yourself. We've all been there and beating ourselves up didn't help. Be proud instead of the 3 days that you stayed on program. A new lifestyle change is difficult for anyone, but keep at it and you will find that it becomes more natural for you. Good luck and I wish you the best. If it helps, I never thought I could do it either.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #4  
Freedom awaits us

Post Dear Thehopefulcry2

I too!

Just started last Wednesday at Weight Watchers. This is my .... can't count how many times I have joined.

The old saying "If at first you don't succeed, try try again." and "We are our own worst enemies"

Please don't give up. At least you are going to jump right back on again. I weigh in this Wednesday and hope that I have lost something even if it's 1lb. hey it's 1 lb. gone. We spoke about this at our last WW meeting about Attitude Change, turning negative thoughts into positive. Try will you.

Hey, who knows this might be the turning point for you. Maybe something will click and you would be on your way.

So, let's go on this journey. Remember to take one step at a time.

All the best. Good Luck.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  
one step at a time

I think most of us failed at weight loss before it "clicked." You can get back into it!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/200/140

Height: 5'8"

Don't be so hard on yourself! Like Lilybelle said, you stayed on plan for 3 days, and that is something to be proud of. Weight loss is a long, hard journey... but the rewards are sooooooo worth it. Hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT! If you need support or help, don't hesitate to ask for it We're here for you.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #7  

The other times that you failed, did you have a strong support system? I know for me that this time I have surrounded myself with a lot of support, I go to WW meetings, I have several online communities that I post to and I read a lot of success stories and have been reading inspirational books.

I think one of the books that helped to get me motivated was a book called Slow But Sure, by Sandra Dalka-Prysby she talks about her many attempts and failures and eventually her success. It just made me realize that I have been on this weight loss journey most of my life, just because I failed a few times in the past and even stopped dieting for a while, it's all the same journey, with many detours along the way. You should check it out, it's very motivating.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 86/86/76 kg

Height: 157 cm

Hi!!

You don't know how many times I've been on diets for the last 15 yrs, but here I go again, and this time for good!!!

I think you should look what you did right and not what you did wrong. It was 3 GOOD days, not 4 bad ones. Why don't you try to make this week just one extra GOOD day? Sure you have to commit, but start small if you feel overwhelmed thinking of whole 7 days!! At least you will be eating healthier than not dieting at all, and without notice you'll be on track.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:16 AM   #9  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I think you ladies are "singing my song" ... I have stopped and started more diets, I think my husband is going to "go over the edge" if I start another one. He now just tells me...."you need to stick with something"...I think he is getting frustrated, just as frustated as I am getting at not finding what works....ARG!

But..hang in there...we'll get there...these ladies have some wonderful advice....**now if I can just take it myself** LOL......
Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

We have all been there. I am on week 16 of program. Of that, I had 4-5 not so on program weeks. I was in a "bad" spot. I went to my meeting one week and this was on the board in the front........

I am not discouraged, because
every wrong attempt discarded is
another step forward.

Thomas Edison

This was very powerful for me. I am back on track. You will be too when your time is right. Do it for your health if nothing else. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Hey, I agree with what the ladies are saying.... Just get up and keep trying!!
I screwed up yesterday and ate 2 medium buckets of popcorn at the theaters. It is alot of points!!! This morning I got up ate what I needed to for my WW and did 40 minutes of exercise.
Keep trying, don't give up!!! Giving up is what makes us failures. Trying is what it's all about!!!
3 days was great, every day you try is another day of success!!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:23 AM   #12  

This is my second time on WW, and I know its hard to keep it up. When that craving hits, its tough to tell it to just go away! Then the more you think about it going away, the more you think about the food... then the more you think about it the more you start salivating... then your TOM hits and all you want is chocolate and you think its all over... then you get sick and feel like you've got 10 lbs of congestion in your head...

but then isnt it worth it that day you can step on the scale and know you've lost? The day you can feel proud and confident in the clothes you're wearing? Even if you're on maintenance-- isnt it worth it to say you have a steady weight, instead of the fluctuating weight you had before you lost? To be able to say that you worked out recently, and you dont feel grossly full or unhealthy all the time? Being confident is well worth the journey to get there. Knowing you lost weight the healthy way is priceless!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! Take that step and run with it!!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #13  

Don't beat yourself up about straying from your goal. Everyday is a new day. Do you exercise? Do you have too much time on your hands? A good way to avoid sabotaging yourself is to develope an interest in something. You'll find more of your time taken up by doing something. You could go to the mall and "window shop". Before you know it, you've been walking around the mall for an hour or two. You could go to the park and walk. Wash the car. Work in your garden. What about sewing or crocheting? Doing something like that takes time away from eating. The main point is to not spend time feeling bad. Do something else with that time.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

Dieting Myth – Believe Setbacks are Fatal

Learning to accept setbacks as a part of being human will help y9u cause yourself less frustration on the road to success. Setbacks, when viewed as learning tools, actually help dieters achieve their final goals. Just about every person with a great body I’ve encountered experienced a glitch somewhere in their attempt to slim down. Those who succeeded were able to step back, analyze what went wrong, correct the problem(s), and then use it as part of their motivation.

“When I started the final program that became my success, I too pen in hand and listed all the times I had tried to lose weight in my life, and what happened that made me get off track. What I found was that it was the same situation playing itself over and over again.” Chandra, age 51, 58 pounds lost

SETBACKS

It can be a vacation, a weekend of partying, or a major life crisis. All setbacks and lapses prove is we’re human. It’s not fatal. Here’s how to get back on track.

1. Take immediate action. The sooner you start, the easier it will be. Don’t try to analyze it to death.
2. Make it a priority. For the next few days, monitor everything you at, and become proactive in your plan. After getting back on track, you can back to coasting.
3. Create a schedule that will not leave you much time for anything else. Write down your menu, take a class, or get your hair done. Get back to you.
4. Don’t do anything drastic. Don’t try to fast or go crazy with exercise. It’s a form of self-punishment which just won’t work.
5. Avoid temptations. Throw away that part food and liquor, and decline that invitation that may lead to further problems.
6. Don’t wear the bulkiest item you own. This just reinforces the negative feelings you have toward yourself.
7. Forgive yourself and get on with other important issues in your life not involving food.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #15  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I'm adding my name onto the list of forever re-starts but you know what? I'm a better person for each time I've tried to stay OP. What has worked for me ....when it is all soooo overwhelming is to (at first) just break down one day into smaller do-able sections by meal. If I can just get one OP meal down until the next one.....then focus on the next OP meal or snack......and continue the focus on one meal at a time. This leads to the first successfull OP day!!!.....then build onto day#2.....one meal at a time, and so forth and so forth. Small baby steps!!!! A little trick I use is when I get home from groceries......I magic marker the ww's points value onto the packages of the food that I buy and/or single portion out servings for a quick grab. Then when I'm desperately searching for a snack.....I have everything at a quick glance. GOOD LUCK!!!
Closed Thread