Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #1  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Weigh In at Home 5/8-5/14

Starting the thread..........down a few this week....

Be back later! Hope good for everyone!
This week I aspire to do more moving!!!!!!!!!
K
Old 05-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #2  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Ok - I'm done binging...no more unnecessary sugar for me...

well, I thought I was back on track for the weekend, but I was unsuccessful in my attempt until yesterday...

I need to talk to DH because I can't keep buying the junk food and expect to be successful...he's starting to watch what he's eating more now so I think I can talk him into it. Unfortunately, I don't think it's him that is the problem...I'm pretty good at sabotaging myself...why do I do this?

I can't blame him for the things I buy at the store, convincing myself it's for him...that's just weak...

no more!

Here's to a great week! (and BINGE-FREE!!)
Old 05-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #3  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

well, this is my first weigh in since i started WW ... and i'm down 6 lbs this morning!!! i'm so thrilled bc AF showed her ugly face a couple days ago and I was afraid she'd mess up the scales for me this week.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  

Woohoo, I dragged my behind out for a walk today. The first one in about 4 weeks!! I managed 80 minutes but my lower back got pretty sore and my left hip joint was clunking for the last 20 minutes which usually happens after a period of inactivity. Now I need willpower vibes to get me back on a better eating path. My diet has been disgusting for weeks. I haven't weighed myself yet but will do so tomorrow to see what more damage I've done. I can feel I've put on weight - my clothes feel tighter and my stomach feels huge. I need to get back on track as I've been feeling so awful - miserable and tired all the time.

KellyJo ~ WTG on the loss.

Emily ~ You've echoed my thoughts exactly. Why do we do that do ourselves? The self-sabotage thing is so hard. Good luck with getting back on track. I'll kick your butt if you kick mine, lol.

Jamie ~ Wow - 6 lbs. You go girl!! That's awesome, you must be thrilled. Keep up the good work.

Off to do some work now.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  

KellyJo - congratulations on your loss!

Emily - I can sympathize. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Trader Joe's promising myself that I wouldn't go down the snack aisle and then ended up coming home with a few bags of things I definitely didn't need. The good thing is that if we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and DON'T beat ourselves up. we will get back OP and do just fine.

Jamie - congratulations on a great first weight loss!

I had an OK day yesterday - I snacked some for emotional reasons and used a few flex points but it wasn't crazy and I did get my milk in. Today I had a sandwich for lunch for the first time in a long time - I just don't make a sandwich when I'm on Core - and I enjoyed the ease. I really don't feel like making something for tomorrow so think I'll bring a WW entree (they were on sale this week). No exercise except for stretching but I went to the chiropractor today. Maybe I'll try walking on the treadmill (slowly) tomorrow. I still have 4 points to eat to get to my target points. I guess I'll try to figure something to have with a glass of milk.

Carla - how are you doing??

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #6  

Tanya - we must have been posting at the same time. Good for you for getting out for a walk! I hope to do something like that tomorrow although I don't know if the weather will cooperate tomorrow - there's always the treadmill. Yes, it's time to get the eating back under control so step on the scale, look at the number and move on! We CAN do this!

Judy
Old 05-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #7  

Thanks Judy. Unfortunately I blew my diet rather badly this afternoon. Afternoons are always the worst time for me and having PMS right now doesn't help. Still, I won't let it stop my effort - I'll just have to pick up and carry on. WTG for yesterday. Controlled snacking is very good willpower and it's great you didn't blow the point budget. You must be feeling so frustrated about not being able to do the type/amount of exercise you'd like. Hopefully your back is back to normal soon. How is your hip these days?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #8  

Tanya - sorry to hear about the eating troubles in the afternoon. PMS makes it so much harder, doesn't it? Maybe we can come up with some ideas to help - with or without PMS. When the snackies strike, how long has it been since you last ate? If it's more than a couple of hours, maybe you need to be sure you don't get near the "hungry" stage; for me, by the time I'm hungry, I'm less likely to plan/eat something lower point/more healthy. Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes water will stop an urge to blow it. Do you have healthy/low point snacks available to grab quickly and are unhealthy/high point snacks out on the counter ready to be grabbed? Yes, I am very frustrated about not being able to exercise the amount and type I'd like. Patience (which is what I've been told I need for this) is NOT my strong point. My hip is pretty good although on days when my back is ouchy (like today), I find that my hip can be a bit sore. I think it's from walking, well, how do I put it, not quite aligned. Sigh, all I can do now is stretch and ice and try NOT to have a pity party (which leads to no good in the food department! ;-)

Today it took all my willpower not to dive right into the two, HUGE platters of crumb cake that our PTA lovingly placed in the faculty room (and there was some there all day long). I did take a tiny taste of the crumb topping and charged myself a point for it. Tomorrow, the district is giving us a breakfast - complete with bagels and probably some pastries as well. My plan is to have a good breakfast at home and see if there is some fruit. I may not have much time for it anyway if I am subbing for someone. I will leave room (point-wise) for half a bagel, just in case.

Time to go watch the Yankees/Red Sox game.
Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #9  

I weighed in this morning. I put on another 2lbs making a total during these past weeks of 2kgs or about 4.4lbs. I'm amazed it wasn't a lot worse. I went for another walk this morning for 80 minutes but have totally blown my diet again today and it's only lunchtime. The diet does usually take a few days to come right after I start exercising - tomorrow's a new day.

Judy ~ I guess I'll have to pay more attention to what's happening when the munchies start. It's usually never because I'm hungry - it's just that I get a craving that's so overpowering. Maybe water may have had something to do with it - I drank heaps in the morning but forgot after lunch. Also sugar tends to set me off. My FIL is visiting and made me a coffee after lunch yesterday and I take sugar and lots of milk, otherwise coffee gives me bad indigestion so that may well have set it off. Today I have no answer so I'll pay closer attention and try and work it out. WTG on resisting the crumb cake. Good luck with breakfast tomorrow. I know what you mean about your hip hurting when your back is sore. I'm sure it is to do with alignment. I have mild scoliosis so if I've been inactive for a while it takes a few days for the exercise to be comfortable instead of my back aching and my hip complaining. Perhaps I should get round to going for an adjustment. I've only ever had one and I found it very unnerving.

Off to have half an hour's peace before I pick up Cameron from preschool.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Jamie - Congrats on the 6-lb loss. Keep up the great work!

Tanya - I'll kick yours if you kick mine - i love that - I'm in!! Sorry to hear about your gain. I gained too

Judy - thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm glad that you are getting back into the walking. Keep going! BTW - I saw that the Red Sox kicked the Yankees to the curb...not sure which team you root for though

Today's weigh-in was not too pretty - up 2 pounds to 170...I'm determined to do well by the end of the week for the Mother's Day Challenge...I keep trying to put things in perspective, like, my new clothes will fit so much better if I only get rid of 5 pounds...stuff like that...I'm hoping that's helping me.

LOL - yesterday DH was rummaging through the pantry for some junk food. I didn't buy any the last time I went to the store. All we had that was "snacky" for him was Baked Lays and Saltine crackers. He had the saltine crackers with PB. He was a little whiney about not having any junk food, but I was like, "but I'll eat it and I don't need it"...and he was about to say something about that I just shouldn't eat it, and then I threw in "and you don't need it either"...he didn't take offense to that...I'm really lucky that he's got tough skin...

got him to zip his lips about junk food though!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #11  
Back on Program!

Emily---I feel your pain! My DH is a chipaholic! And an ice cream fiend! And I hate him because all he has to do is run for 2 weeks and he loses so much weight!! It's just not fair..........

This week is pretty much ruined for me. I'm not even counting points. We had lunch catered yesterday at work--Chicken marsala (no breading though), rice, veggies, petit fours---I ate 2 dinner rolls ( I know, awful!). And the real sin was a huge blueberry muffin from Einsteins (from a drug rep). I started out with half but it was so good I ate the whole thing. Last night I had a meeting/dinner with the Critical Care Nurse Assoc. Some kind of mediterranean chicken, rice, squash, and dessert (chocolate mousse, yes I ate it!! IN a white chocolate shell! That was probably 20 points right there!!

I'm home today so I will eat sensibly. Tomorrow is a breakfast and ice cream social---I am going to try to skip the ice cream. Then I'll weigh in on Friday and see what the damage is. My going to the gym plans today are ruined cause the girls are home sick with colds. I still have lots of painting to do!

Judy I hope your back is doing better. Wishing you willpower for the rest of the week!
Tanya good for you for getting back to the activity! We will get there.
Kelly Jo you are on a roll, keep it up!
Carla I hope you are doing well post op!
Jamie--great loss! Keep it up!

I'll post the damage on Friday. Hugs and kisses to you all!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:07 PM   #12  

Tanya - sorry about the gain - but I'm glad that it was less than you expected. Good for you for going for a wal! I hope today was a new day in the diet department to go along with the exercise.

Emily - sorry about the gain. If you're determined you WILL do well by the end of the week. Keep up the positive talk - I really do believe it helps. I am a Yankee fan so last night was not a pretty sight to me - ah well, it is only baseball!

Rachel - sorry to hear you've had a rough time this week. I'm going to look on the positive side (as I hope you are) and say that this week has been a great way to get all those cravings for goodies out of your system! I can definitely commiserate about junk food loving husbands! Remember the stuffed french toast I made this weekend? I used 15 chocolate chips out of a small bag of chips - the wrapper for the rest was in the garbage this morning! At least he ate them when I wasn't around!

It's been rough at school - the crumb cake was tough yesterday. Today was a breakfast - but I had a good breakfast at home and while there were bagels and doughnuts - they just didn't look good enough to spend the points so I passed it all up. I think the fact that things were a little crazy in the morning and (my assignment was switched) and the food was in the cafeteria helped - I just didn't have the time and I don't usually go into the cafeteria and sit around there. Tomorrow is another story. The PTA makes a great lunch - all homemade dishes and yummy. I am going to eat the lunch but will try to stick to the salads and figure the points as best as I can. As far as I'm concerned, it's a way NOT to have to make lunch tonight and if I stay away from the no-doubt yummy desserts I should be OK.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #13  

I'll be back later to post about the last couple of days but I did want to let you know that I heard from Carla's DH (and Carla!). Carla ended up not being able to have the gall bladder surgery laproscopically so she was hospitalized from Friday (the day of the surgery) until yesterday. She is home now but can't sit in front of the computer for more than a minute or so.

I know you all join me in saying

Get Well Soon, Carla!!!!

Judy
Old 05-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #14  

This week I've lost 6lbs.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #15  

Hi guys. I'm late posting. I'm still new to the boards. I've lost a couple more pounds as of this past Tuesday. I've been keeping a food journal for the past month. While I've been very good about the points, fat, calories, and fiber, I've noticed my sodium intake was horrible. Now I'm trying to incorporate lower sodium choices in to my diet. It's been a little rough but I know it's better for me in the long run.

Silverfern and Lucky13--I was sabotaging myself as well. Finally, I just figured out tricks to help me stay on my diet. I'm not a huge salad person. I had to figure out a a way to get more fresh veggies in my diet. I found high fiber, low fat tortillas. I wrap fresh spinach leaves with cherry tomatoes. Sometimes I'll add fat-free cheese. I like to dip fruit in soy or high fiber yogurt. To curb my chocolate cravings, I like the WW chocolate ice cream wheels and the WW pecan crowns. You can freeze them but I prefer to suck on one that is not frozen. Just figure out what your food weakness is and find a tricky way to deal with it. It takes time but you can do it.

Judy, Jaime, Kellyjo--keep up the good work.

Rachel-- You'll get back on the wagon. You have to put it behind you.

Carla--A newbie wishes you a speedy recovery.

Paw--Keep it going!

Last edited by ivynikki; 05-15-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Closed Thread