General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 06:34 PM   #1  

Smile Anyone else doing the Sommersizing diet?

Hello :-) I have been doing this diet, which was okayed by my RE. He first mentioned the Atkins Diet, but I had a hard time with that one. And then a friend of DH is doing the Sommersizing and has done really well with it. So I asked the RE and he said that it would help me. I am IR-insulin resistant, so this diet has been a god send for me. I am hoping to find someone else that is doing this way of eating, looking for recipes and tips ;-)

Shaboo
Old 08-16-2001, 11:46 AM   #2  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hello...

Could you please tell me about this diet? Is this the one where carbs are separated from proteins and fats? If so, I've been meaning to try it. Please let me know!

Thanks,
Nancy
Old 08-17-2001, 05:34 PM   #3  

Hiya , sure would like to know more about this diet if its not too much to ask. I need a good steady diet that doesnt call for alot of strenuous excercise. I have zero motivation to do any type of excercising and refuse to take any of those pills they have on the market now days.so if you dont mind sharing id love to hear about this one.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:38 PM   #4  
Lifetime Member

Sommersizing by Suzanne Sommers (the book is probably easy to find on the internet or in a book store near you!) is one of the many low carb diets which help in controlling the carb cravings (ever eat a whole bag of chocolate chips or potato chips?). I am not familiar with this one specific diet but if you want to know more about the low carb diets = there are many now which all accomplish the same thing in different ways - there is a Low Carb forum here at 3FC's message board where there are many who can answer questions and are always happy to have visitors interested in the amazing benefits of the low carb way of life.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Closed Thread