Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #1  

Default Myoplex or AdvantEdge?

I want to begin the next round for the BFL challenge on May 15th. I was wondering if I could use AdvantEdge rather than Myoplex for my shakes. I can't find the Myoplex locally, but I have no problem finding AdvantEdge. Will it make any difference as far as the challenge rules are concerned? Thanks.
buffybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I would check the website for the latest details, but when I read the original book it said you weren't required to use the supplements. You can always order them off of their website however And if you are doing this for yourself and not submitting your photos, like most of us here are, you can use anything you want. I use Designer Whey and also a soy product.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #3  

The only reason you have to use EAS products is to be considered as a finalist. If you are doing a challenge for yourself, and don't care about being a finalist, then it doesn't matter which brand you use.

Using a supplement is a personal decision. If you are lifting heavy, whey protein after a workout really helps. I started using Myoplex Lite during my challenge, and actually liked it. I still use it even though I'm not in a challenge right now, allbeit sparingly as it's very expensive. I get it out of town and stock up for a few months. I also use whey protein after workouts. I tried protein bars, but gave them up, as I felt they didn't really serve a purpose. I still use them when we go on a long trip and don't want to buy junk.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I don't use any supplements at all because I prefer to eat/drink things without additives in and I think that kind of thing is very expensive. It seems a bit strange to me to eat 'clean' food but at the same time consume something so processed.

I did buy some whey protein once but I thought it had a strange taste and I felt a bit headache-y afterwards. I'm lucky, I work at home so I can prepare myself balanced meals whenever I want - if I went out to work then I might think differently.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  

OK, thanks. The official rules for the challenge say you have to use at least one EAS product in order to be eligible for a prize and the Eating for Life book mentions Myoplex, so that is why I was confused about it.
buffybear is offline   Reply With Quote