Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #1  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Question Question

Why is it that you can weigh up to 2 pounds less right after you exercise? I know I don't sweat that much out.

This morning I woke up and weighed in at 217.5. I knew I could've hit at least 217 this morning and probably would have if I had exercised last night (I usually exercise right before I go to bed). So I decided to exercise before I ate anything to see. So after I exercised and took a shower I weighed myself and it said 216.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Did you use the bathroom at all before you weighed in the 2nd time? You could have lost a little more then.

As far as the exercise goes, I see that all the time. All I can think of is water, (sweat) is heavy. On the days that I do Tae Bo, which really make me sweat, my scale can show a 2 pound drop, however, when I go for a walk and don't sweat much at all, i might show a half pound drop.

I just make sure I never count my weight after exercise. I'll just weigh myself because I'm curious! I only log the weight that I get first thing in the morning.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #3  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

I had already gone and my hair was still wet from the shower. I continued weighing all day and didn't seem to gain, so I hope it's my real weight, but I guess I'll have to wait until the morning.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #4  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

It could also be water that you have breathed out. But not that much. My husband can lose almost 10 pounds in a 15 km run. I try not to get jealous.
Congrats on the 34 pound loss. That's what my nearly 3 year old son weighs and he's a heavy when I have to carry him. You must feel so much better already.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote