Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Talking Really FUNNY NSV!!!

This is a funny one but I could not resist posting it!

When I was at my top weight I only had 3 pair of underwear that I could get my big fat butt into. Now they are huge on me but I still wear them since I am trying to "get by" with what I have during the transition time.

Well... yesterday at work I was wearing pants that are pretty loose also... and went to the bathroom and when I came out my legs felt kind of strange. I reached down and realized that the bottoms of my underwear were hanging way down my legs and the crotch area was hanging way down!! The underwear were so huge that they were drooping way down my legs! I had to "rearrange" them to get them back up where they belonged!

Also later I went through some stuff to give to a thrift store and found a nice pair of NEW black pants that were in the "no way I can ever wear these" stuff. They are still too small now but not THAT much and definitely a keep. Found another pair of smaller denim ones that I am going to hang in the someday stuff! When I put them in the to go stuff there was no hope... ha! NOW I sure don't feel that way!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  
Getting healthy for her!

S/C/G: 320/274/150

LOL! I have had the same problem w/ underwear lately. When I was pregnant I bought some underwear that were 2 sizes bigger then what I should have worn because the elastic bothered my belly. Well after I had the baby I put on alot of weight and those underwear ended up fitting. Now they are sooo saggy. My husband laughs at them. I could fit a couple of bags of sugar in the butt area, lol.

Congrats on all your success! Its so great to rediscover a wardrobe!
healthy_wanna_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Misti, that is funny . It's a good thing you didn't lose them on your way down the hall! Congratulations on recovering some "new" clothes from the giveaway pile and also on recovering the "new" you! Great job!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #4  

Thanks!!! I have a big pile of underwear that were too small but most of them are also getting pretty worn out. LOL last week I wore a pair and hadn't been at work long before I heard/felt a RRIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPP. I managed to keep them together the rest of the day and tossed them out when I got home. LOL

LOL healthy... about the bags of sugar in the butt! But at least we don't fill them out any more and it is gone from OUR butts!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #5  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

lol! the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when i had a big weight loss. but instead of going down they were drooping from the sides of my pants! this guy actually came and pulled them, it was pretty funny!
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #6  

LOL! Well I guess we can both be grateful we weren't wearing a SKIRT
Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Misti you are KILLING me today!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! That is great!!! What a great feeling, isnt it? Yay for baggy underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lol, that is too funny. I just use my baggy underwear now to sleep in. Have to throw them off when I wake up, other wise they stick out of my jeans or I'm afraid they'll fall down when I have a skirt or gown on. I just saw this as an excuse to buy new undies. Hey, I even said my feet are smaller and got away with buying several new pairs of shoes. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

Oh my gosh that is too funny. But a reminder that you are on your way to goal!
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #10  

LOL about the feet! I lose weight there too. Someone just gave me some nice shoes and I have been stuffing my feet into a nice pair of comfy sandals! Thinking all the while... LOL I need to lose a bit more weight fast since summer is here!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #11  
Winning is losing

After losing 117 lbs so far my feet have gone from a size 7 to size 5. My ring size has gone from a size 6 to a loose size 4. (I can't get it resized any smaller or it will be too top heavy ). Funny thing I also noticed is that my ear lobes have shrunk. LOL I have 3 holes in each ear and they were never this close together when I was heavier.
Im A Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

OK, so I am relatively new here -- and can anyone help me understand what "NSV" stands for?
Thanks!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #13  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Non-scale victory
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #14  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Today I threw away half of the things in my closet because they were way too big. And I actually had to buy new summer and interview clothes in smaller sizes.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 AM   #15  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hehehheheee....

-La
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote