UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:03 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default I've just gotta stop eating.......

.... cheese (feel free to substitute the name of your particular problem food).

My name is Sarah and I'm addicted to blue cheese. I know its bad news for me - it gives me headaches, stops me sleeping, makes me retain water and I feel like the day after eating it.

I don't binge on it any more like I used to but somehow I always manage to 'treat' myself to some even though I know I'm going to hate myself for it.

This week I had 3 ounces of it on my 'free' day on Thursday.... on Thursday night I only had 1hr 45 mins sleep and by Friday morning I was exhausted, up 2lbs and looked absolutely dreadful - my face was puffed up and my tummy was so swollen that I looked 8 months preggers.

Why do I eat the stuff? Because I love it! Will I eat it again? Probably but I hope not.

Pathetic!

Come on ladies - its your turn - what food(s) should you not be eating and why??

(BTW, the extra bloat came off overnight and the scales showed an actual loss of 3lb down on last week. Phew!)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #2  
mummy of one

i am the same with chocolate i know its a common one but i really do go over the score when i start eating it once i have a taste i want it more i am trying now though to cut right down on it....it is proving to be one of my main diet obsticles.....

Even though it tastes good at the time.......i usually end up feeling really run down the next again day with my belly all soar to the point that i sometimes feel quite sick and have no appetite and i too have the bloated tummy.........i wonder why we do stuff like this to ourselves
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #3  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I love pork scratchings! But I have been a good girl and not eaten a single one since i've been on the diet. But I am craving them so-so badly, even down to having to avoid the crisp aisle, because I know i'll pick some up.
Why the heck are they so lovely? Damn hog lumps to ****!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #4  

Chocolate.

The cure for me was to put those little 20g bars of Green & Blacks in the freezer - I just get one out each day. It's the right # of calories for my diet's allowed daily 'treat' and because it's good quality choc, has more flavour.

My other cure is Rosemary Conley's choc mousses which satisfy a choc craving without doing any damage. You can only buy them in Co-op round here, though and I'm 9 miles from the nearest Co-op so they're not so easy to get hold of. Even the village Post Office has Green & Blacks, now!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I must stop eating out!

I'm STILL bloated from last week's 3 day eating out marathon and we went out to eat again yesterday (we were in Birmingham for the day...) Today it's grilled salmon for tea and no Sunday dinner out!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #6  
Heather/Caterpillar

I just gotta stop eating anything! I'm on Cambridge Diet but other half is working stupid hours and I'm bored and keep snacking...never bad stuff but too much of it, like a 5 apples at a time. Eating at all is a no no on that diet anyway!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  
Bling it on

Since I've been on cambridge I have craved cheese and onion crisp butties! Mmmmmmmmm!

Cheese is always an addiction for me and I miss it so much.

Heva- how you doin' sweetie? I have been BAD for the last 2 weeks on CD. I have 'gone off' the diet 4 days in a row....... I'm not going to get weighed now until saturday and then assess the damage!
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #8  

Crisps I can't believe I had non of them for 6 months during my glorious successful weightloss months of 2004.

Oh how far away it all seems now...
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #9  

I have weaned myself off of chocolate (for now) but have had a crisp thing oh! and evaporated milk! (Not together! Stop looking at me like that!). Tinned fruit and evap milk - mind you, most of it goes down my front. Good job I have a natural 'shelf' ha ha!

I am going to tell myself today that the cottage cheese and ryvita I am steering myself to eat for lunch is the most fattening, delicious thing ever!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:20 AM   #10  

Why did they just invent peanut KitKats? That's going to be a diet slayer for me.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh my god I know! They're are FULL of hydrogenated vegetable oil though! That's the only thing that's stopping me eating them every day!

Think of your arteries!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

Isn't it strange how all the foods we crave are full of fat! None of them are purely sweet and definitely none of them are 'healthy'. I wonder what it is about fat that makes the brain/body need it so much.

I'd really LOVE to be able to say that I'm craving cottage cheese - but it ain't gonna happen!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #13  

Too late I just ate one...

I tell my niece that unhealthy food is 'the food of self hate' - lucky she's not around to see me with the peanut Kitkat...

Right, OK, from now on - my body's a temple, my body's a temple, my body's a temple...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #14  

Don't worry Sarahann - I have eaten the cottage cheese for you. I disguised it with loads of those gorgeous Polish dill pickles!

Phatphoenix - kit kats are the only chocolate bar I CAN resist. YOu could put me in a room with loads of them in a pre or menstrual state and I would not indulge!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

What a good idea - I've got some dill pickles so I'll give that a try.

Okay..... I agree that NORMALLY KitKats are of no interest to me (I'm not fond of chocolate) BUT recently DH bought a whole box of a special edition KitKat which has strawberry flavoured white chocolate coating. I had one and I knew that if I had another then I'd eat the whole lot. DH is so self controlled that he is happy to just take one 2-finger pack in with his lunch box for work - so the rest of the box is left at home with me *drool*