General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #1  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Default Yikes! I've found a body double!

I just received my newly ordered DVD (Yoga: Just My Size) and for the first time in my life, I've found an almost identical body double! If you were to switch my head with Megan Garcia's (she's the instructor), we could almost be twins!

Like me, she pokes out front and back as well as side to side. She has an hourglass figure. She has boobs. She has a bubble butt. When she does certain poses, her belly laps over her thigh. She has muscular thighs and calves. She even has the same hip indentation! I've NEVER seen anyone else with the hip indentation! I was shocked, to say the least.

The yoga instruction itself was very well done. I'm brand new to yoga (this is only my third yoga DVD), and I was able to follow along without much difficulty. It was nice to see how Megan did the poses, because it helped me position myself. I was even able to keep up with the breathing! There was only one routine, made up of about 8-10 poses, but if I rotate it with the other DVDs and my Tai Chi DVD for variety, I think it'll be fine.

Anyway, I was just so shocked to see a body double. Do you have a celebrity body double?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Must be nice to have curves, Lena.

This sounds weird, but you know Pamela Anderson? (whom I cannot STAND, incidentally) Well, if you took out her implants and made her chest a 34AA... that would pretty much be me when I'm slim. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but she has absolutely NO hips.
I always despaired of my boyish body, but I'd kill for it now.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #3  
Meg

Sorry, Ellis, I struggled and struggled but just can't get my mind wrapped around a 34AA Pamela Anderson. Makes my head hurt ... must lie down with a cool cloth on my forehead.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Sorry, Ellis, I struggled and struggled but just can't get my mind wrapped around a 34AA Pamela Anderson. Makes my head hurt ... must lie down with a cool cloth on my forehead.
You goof, you!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I don't think I look like anyone but me but...years ago when I was about 20 I applied for a job at a bank and the guy interviewing me asked me if I played tennis. Nope, not at that time. He said because you look like Chris Evert. Eeewwww...NOT! I don't look anything like the woman. Think he was just flirting, or really had a crush on her and everyone looked like her. lol!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #6  
Embracing My New Normal

They say (who are "they", anyway?) there is a twin or body double out there for everyone. Years ago, I had several (several!) unconnected people ask me if I took the Number-Whatever bus, because they thought they saw me on there. Thing is, I didn't even know where the Number-Whatever bus ran. Matter of fact, I never even took a bus in that city. Ever!

I was tempted to take that bus one day, just so I could meet myself on it!

<cue Twilight Zone music>

---------------------------------------------------

Pamela Anderson, 34-anything. Hahaha

---------------------------------------------------

Cristina, I think he was just hitting on you. Here's the key question, though: did you get the job?
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I have a twin. When I first moved to Cincinnati I began working at a Wal-Mart. I would have all these people talk to me like they have known me forever. Asking me how I was, etc and why was I working at THIS Wal-Mart? I was so confused until I met my husband.
When he first saw me he had to do a double take. He told me I looked exactly like a friend of his who hadn't seen for a while. He later on showed me a picture of her and with my hair do at that time and all, we could pass for twins!
Very strange indeed!
My mother also has a twin. I remember when I still lived in my hometown I saw this woman who looked just like my mother who was riding a bike. My mother never rode a bike nor owned one for that matter.

I guess what *they* say is true. lol.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #8  
Embracing My New Normal

Ok, now this is REALLY scary. Guess where I was during the bus-twin days? Yep, Cincinnati...

<cue Twilight Zone music... again>

Fatt_Lady, you wouldn't have happened to take the Number-Whatever bus to Wal-Mart, would you???
Old 05-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

During my teenage years at clubs and parties I would have people coming up and calling me Lisa and talking to me. My name is not Lisa. My husband actually met her (she was the cousin of one of his coworkers at the time) and he said we do have a very eeirie resemblance though I never actually met her. My Dad was a ladies man (and at 69 but looking much younger still gets hit on)
I do get the "you look so familiar" thing all the time--I must just have one of those faces. During those same teenage years I got a lot of you look like Joan Jett and some "Janet" on later episodes of 3's company without the perm--go figure since the two of them look nothing alike beside hair and eye color.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mine is Gillian Anderson when she was still a redhead. We had the same hair, skin tone, body shape and similar facial features.

When the x-files was on t.v. I was getting "you look like that girl from the x-files" at least once a day from total strangers.

I go to gaming/scifi conventions on my vacations and I was forever getting that there and having guys hit on me because of it. I should have hired myself out as a celebrity double

These days I get told I look like Julianne Moore or the girl from the Titanic movie- whatever

I think I just look like me
Old 05-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

Gillian Anderson, Juliana Moore & Kate Winslet are all three beautiful and talented--take it as a compliment!! You must be striking on your own to even get the comparisons. People love beautiful people!!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Lena,

I know it was like straight out of the Twilight Zone. lol. How many people not only look alike but also work at the same place (at the time). lmaooooo!

Weird indeed. We have never came face to face. Wouldn't that be weird? Even though I don't have the same hairstyle or nothing. Now what would be weird is IF she now looks like me after all these years! lolllllll.

*Flady*
Old 05-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had a family come up to me at IHop about 2 yrs. ago and ask if I was from Southern California. I said no, and they said they new a woman there who looked exactly like me. I sure hope she didn't look like me cause I was huge. LOL
Old 05-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #14  
I restore Teeth.

Yeah

Do any of you know Evangeline Lily? I have her body but the bust/waist in a smaller proportion. But she has my legs!! Its good to know a celebrity has my body type!!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #15  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jules - I always take those comments as compliments.

I think all three of those ladies are beautiful and very real - they are not stick thin and they seem to have an inner spark to them. They look real and not plastic or overmade up like some of the stars these days. I love Julianne Moore's freckles! I really admire Susan Sarandon too

Veggie - Evangeline Lily? Lucky you!
Closed Thread