Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default Hi, My name is...and I'm on WW

Hello- I am yet another newbie to add to the clan. I started my new adventure to thin-dom on Monday, May 1st. A girlfriend who lives a few blocks away is doing it with me. I haven't done the points system since it was first introduced. I only did it then for about 2 months, then college got in the way of a healthy lifestyle, and I needed to focus my energy there. Now- a few years have gone by, I'm married, have an adorable little girl, and desire to be healthy for me, healthy for her.

It is hard, only because I am hungry, and haven't adjusted to carrying no point snacks with me. Today I was starving, and went WAAYY over on points, but I'll make up for it with some activity stuff this week. I am OK on weekly- my weigh in is Monday. I am doing the online program, flex points.

I had gestational diabetes while PG, and followed that diet to the 'T'. I actually lost weight while PG. No morning sickness either. What I can't figure out is why I cannot do that now? It's so wierd. So send me some of this:

Thanks, and I hope to get to know a couple of you throughout this process. Any tips or words of wisdom I will gladly take.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi bink! Welcome to 3FC!

I'm also doing WW, but I'm following the older program they had (winning points), it's the same as flex only I get no extra pts per week. But I believe the pt allowance is a little higher for the rest of the week.

I love WW b/c it gives me freedom to chose whatever food I want, but also teaches me to make better choices.

There are a few "staple" foods for me that I have to have. One is Thomas Light Multigrain english muffins, just 1 pt for a whole one! I like reduced fat cheeses. Like Kraft 2%, and other ones out there. Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, FF deli turkey breast, hummus (I make my own), Wasa multi grain crackers, Puffin cereal (original or cinnamon) only 1 pt per serving and it's delicious, Healthy Choice ice cream, Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (vanilla).

I love to cook and I subscribe to Cooking Light magazine, they have awesome recipes and great articles. Check out their website cookinglight.com. Some recipes (newer ones) can only be accessed if you're a subscriber, but I believe others are free.

I'm here if you need help. You'll find plenty of support and information on this website.

Best of luck to you... oh and here you go....
Closed Thread