Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Jenny Craig Members

View Full Version : Jenny Craig Members

2CMEAGAIN
05-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Any JC users out there?I've been a member since Friday.I like the food & the service they provide at the center.:D I was hoping to get a group started here for us that are JC users so we have someone to talk to for whatever reason.:carrot: I guess I'll put this out there & see who responds.:p Here's to JC & looking great!:carrot:

GinaXOXO
05-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi! I am interested. I have the food but I haven't started yet. I am doing the at home program. I haven't been happy with the person who I talked to but I haven't called to request someone else yet.

I need a boost to get started. Maybe this is what I need!

Gina

Atlanta Nanny
05-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Everyone!

I started Jenny Craig on 12-01-05 and I have lost 35 pounds. I still have a long way to go but I have lost everytime I have weighed in.:wizard:

Atlanta Nanny
05-06-2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar066/fireworks01/lb/303/185/268/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

lola06
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I've been thinking about doing Jenny Craig but still deciding. I like to cook but I really think the plan would help me with portion control. What do you all think of JC thus far?

Katwoman1259
05-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi! i started JC on May 1st. So far so good. I have lost 4 pds. Am finding the
lifestyle changes the hardest part. Anyone out there using JC?

2CMEAGAIN
05-11-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm in my second week~started the flow so it's not going so well~my WI is tomorrow & I'm dreading it,BUT next week should be much better since I'll be rid of my water retention!:carrot: How is everyone doing?Do you like everything?My 4 year old HAS to eat everything with me~it's hard because I really want my food,but I can't tell him no~that should tell people it's good eating!!!;) Tell me your stories...:D

sunshine
05-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello everyone. My 18 yr old daughter and I just started JC yesterday and so far the food's been great. I need to lose around 50 lbs and I think having my meals so easy to prepare and already portion controlled will make it much easier than trying to do everything myself.

HarleyMom
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi all. I have been on JC since July and have lost 72 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who wants accountibility and who needs to learn real portion size and just what should I be eatting.

I love my JC consultant. She has been with me from the start and is very supportive to my weight loss. I know it is her job but she really seems to care about me as a person and is one of my greatest supporters.

The best advice I can give is it is only as succesful as you allow yourself to be. If you don't stay with the program and do everything you should you will not be able to do this program or any other one.

I love the frozen food and avoid most of the shelf life stuff. I really like the new southwest chicken packet. It has just the slighest zing to eat and is really tasty.

Get moving. It took me 3 or more months to decide I needed to get excersise. It is important to the overall success of the weight loss. Take little steps. If you can only do 10 or 15 min. at first that is OK. That is what I started with and I can now go 50 or more min.

Well Chicks, glad to see the new thread on JC. Keep on Keep'n on. I will keep on posting here if you keep it going!

2CMEAGAIN
05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Congrats on the weightloss Harleymom! :carrot: I'm down 5 pounds in my 3rd week. :D I LOVE the food! :) I was exercising 6x a week,but I've gotten out of routine & need to get back to it!!! :carrot: I hope everyone is doing great~later~

corissaa3
05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much the food is? I have been wanting to try JC but I don't know if we can really afford it. Thanks!!

2CMEAGAIN
05-16-2006, 09:04 AM
If you stick to the lower priced items & buy the buy 1 get 1 specials you can do it for between $50-$75 a week.If you buy your own snacks(I might start) you can cut cost there too.The food is good.You can always go try a week & see if you like it & if it's worth your $$$.I decided I was worth it!!!:D Good luck!

Katwoman1259
05-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi Everyone!
I had my second WI. Lost another pound. Down 5 pounds now!
I am starting to have a problem now in my third week. I like the food for lunch and breakfast but am getting sick of the dinner foods.
I don't know if this is a taste buds thing or a mental thing.
Not sure what to do........

HarleyMom
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey Chicks! Corrissa on the cost of food. I spend about 80.00 a week but I like the more expensive frozen foods and buy them for the most part. I would recommend that you add up what your spending on eatting out weekly and see if you would be saving there. I know I save money by being on JC. Plus my family is eatting healther and they are eatting out less too. I also think of the cost as being an investment to my health as I won't hopefully have a massive heart attack now and the cost of that would be outragous.

Katwoman there is no way you have been able to try all the foods yet. I would recommend that you change things up and order some different items. I have been on this for 10 months and don't feel sick of the food. Try doing something different with vegetables at dinner like grill them or if you like raw vege's cut a bunch up and have them instead of just what ever they call for on the list. Take your chili and make a taco salad out of it. Lettuce, tom., and salsa. Try doing some things with your food to change it up a little. JC gives some ideas on there web site.

Meagain thanks for the congrats and keep up the good work on your weight loss.

Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!

HarleyMom
05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey JC's Chicks. Hope your keep on Keep'n on!

sunshine
05-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Hello fellow Craigers! I have my first weigh-in later today and I'm pretty confident I lost a few pounds. Still lovin' the food and especially like not having to plan meals and worry about measuring everything.
I haven't told the people I work with about being on JC yet. I guess I'll spill the beans sooner or later though. I think it'll be a while before any weight loss will be noticeable. We'll see.
What's motivating me right now is knowing I'm going to the beach at the end of July to visit family (all thin!). What's motivating every else here?

HarleyMom
05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Welcome Sunshine! I hope your first weigh goes well. If you followed the plan it will be hard for it not to.

Well JC Chicks have a great weekend and Keep on Keep'n on!

2CMEAGAIN
05-20-2006, 02:34 PM
WTG KATWOMAN on your weight loss!:carrot: Have you talked to your councelor about cooking your own dinners?
Sunshine~My upcoming divorce is motivating me to lose!!!:D :carrot: :carrot:

WaistingAweigh
05-21-2006, 07:40 PM
I did JC about 12 years ago for a short period of time and was not impressed with the food. I have a center within walking distance and everytime I go by there I think about joining to try it again. You guys are tempting me!

2CMEAGAIN
05-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Welcome Honeymist!:wave: I am a VERY picky eater~you'd think I'd be skinny;) I REALLY love JC's food!It's so yummy~honestly!!!:D Maybe you should try it again~do a week trial???Good luck on your weight loss program!:carrot:

2CMEAGAIN
05-22-2006, 07:29 AM
I'm down another pound!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Katwoman1259
05-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi Everyone,
Well I went off plan all weekend, Have that TOM and looking for an excuse...
Ready to start the week off right...I forgot how crappy I feel when I overeat...not good!
Question: where do you get the tickers and how do you install them in your posts?
Thanks!

HarleyMom
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey JC Chicks!

I had a great weekend mostly on plan. Went out for lunch on Sunday with family and stuck with soup and salad. It was good and I felt good after going.

Meagain congrats on the loss! Divorce hmmm that sounds stressful. Hopefully your not though.

Katwoman no worries just hop back on and start doing it today. I am not very tech so I am not the one to explain the ticker thing. I think there is somewhere on here that tells how.

HoneyMist Welcome! I also was on JC many years ago the food is better than it use to be. I hated those muffins you had to cook up by your self. Also the pancakes. To much prep time for me. Now everything is premade frozen and you just pop it in the micro. I don't much care for the shelf life food but other folks seem to really enjoy it. I usually stick to ordering the frozen food.

2CMEAGAIN
05-24-2006, 08:11 AM
KATWOMAN~You're on track~you decided to get back on the JC train all by yourself!WTG!!!:carrot: I've been off plan too since I started so you can do it!:D
HARLEY~divorce is VERY stressful,but this past weekend I realized that I'm going to be ok & I'm ready to live again!:carrot: It's final next month & it is soooooooooooooo past time.The divorce for me is a good thing~I was hurt real bad by my hubby emotionally so cheers to me!:D
I hope everyone has a great day!
I'm down 2 more pounds!:carrot: :carrot:

HarleyMom
05-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey JC Chicks. Down another pound. It is going down slowly but steady!

MEAGAIN congrats on your loss! And congrats for getting out of an abusive relationship! New you all the way around!

Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!

2CMEAGAIN
05-24-2006, 01:37 PM
CONGRATS on the weight loss Harley!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Every pound means something!;)

2CMEAGAIN
05-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Morning JC'ers!:D
Yesterday was good~there was an added pound on the scale this morning so I'm a little upset,but know that that happens.....:dizzy:
It's to be in the 80's & rain today.
How's everyone doing?
What workouts are you using?
Here's to a great day!:carrot:

HarleyMom
05-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Well Chicks I am out for the holiday weekend. Hope you all have a great holiday staying on your JC plans.

I am doing activity 6 times weekly. Running, walking, biking, elptical, and want to start swimming. I am training to do a triathlon in 6 months or maybe a little longer! I am sore this week from running. I hate it but it has to be done.

Take care JC Chicks and Keep on Keep'n on!

2CMEAGAIN
05-25-2006, 06:14 PM
WOW!That's impressive Harley!:D I hope you enjoy your weekend away.:D I don't have any real plans~just lunch at my folks 1 day.:smug: Here's to all of us JC'ers!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

2CMEAGAIN
05-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Today is weigh in so wish me luck!:D I get my first measurements too so I hope to see a decrease!;)
I'm down another 2 pounds & in the 80's!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Here's to our success!:D

sunshine
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
How did you do with your weigh-in and measurements, Angie? I had my second weigh-in yesterday and lost another 1.8 lbs for a total of 8.8 lbs. Yeah! I just love the convenience of not having to plan and cook meals. It helps that my daughter is doing JC and my husband is doing Lean Cuisine type foods. It's a family affair!! We're also working out at the Y at least 5 times a week. I'm so looking forward to losing this extra weight and thinking of myself as attractive again.

2CMEAGAIN
05-28-2006, 08:05 AM
WTG Sunshine!!!:carrot: Keep up the great work!:D That's awesome that your family is involved~no junk in the house!!!;)
I lost 5.2 pounds(for week) & I think it was 4 or 5 inches for the month!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I overate~poor choices~yesterday & need to get back on track & stay focused!:D
I need to recommit myself to my exercising~I've been quite lazy in that department compared to what I was doing.....:o :D
Hope you have a great day!:D

DJ
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I have been thinking about this plan, I guess it is the Christy Ally adds:D Is the program pretty much about their food, I am assuming a lot of it is frozen. How are the JC meals differnt from Lean Cuisines. A friend of mine lost weight on WW but she mostly did it it by eating 3 Lean C. meals a day. She liked the WW classes, which I do as well, but she had the ease of the p.p. meals. Does JC have classes, how much time do you spend with the counselor, can you go more than once a week to chat or weigh in if you feel like it? Sorry for all the questions:dizzy: Thanks for your help.

NicoleNYC
05-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi! Considering JC and have some questions...anyone mind answering them for me?

I just had my first baby four months ago and although all the weight is gone (plus about ten extra pounds) I REALLY have a LOT more to get rid of. Trying to take care of the kiddo and prepare healthy meals is just too much right now (she's had a few health issues like reflux and hip dysplasia that have mad things tough, both resolving now but we're still worn out here!) and my husband wants to lose weight too. Is there a JC plan for me, or do men often do JC? There's no center near us, so I suppose I'll be doing the at-home kind of plan. Must I spend a lot of time on the phone with someone, or is that someone just there for me to call if I have questions? Anything you wish someone had told you before starting?

Thanks for any and all advice!

HarleyMom
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Nicole It sounds like JC might be a good plan for you as you are looking for convience. It would be nice if both you and hubby could go on it together as it would be easier to stay on plan. There is a guy who has lost 95 pounds that goes to my centre and he is fantasic. Guys seems to loose faster than us. I spend around 20 minutes, a little longer some weeks if I need it with my counsler. I weigh in every week and go over any problems concerns or celebrations I might have every week. It helps me stay on program and my consultant is great and the center has someone there to talk if you have questions all the time.

Patri I think is proably an even amount of frozen and shelf life food you can order from JC. Christy is a hoot and I love watching her crazy commercials when I go into my center they usually have a loop going that shows them. JC does not have classes, they used to and don't anymore because they offer one on one with all clients and give you the information you need to be successful on plan. I do not care for group counseling my self but everyone is different and different things work for different people. The food can be expensive if your used to eating on a budget but I find I spend less money than I use to because I no longer eat out. I would not recommend weighing in more than once a week at it takes time for your body to adjust and if you weigh everyday you will drive yourself nuts. I was very pleased with the center giving me the tools I needed to be successful on plan when I first started. I hope this helps out with questoins!

All JC Chicks congrats on your weight loss's this last week and keep up the good work. Keep on Keep'n on Chicks and have a great JC week!

DJ
05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
thanks for the info HM, I am reading this as I eat a Lean C. For those of you on the program how similiar to the size and calories are the JC meals to a lean c. frozen dinners.

NicoleNYC
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
HM, thanks so much for taking the time to answer all my questions! So far, I'm pretty well sold.

2CMEAGAIN
05-31-2006, 08:17 AM
The JC meals I've eaten range from 200 calories to 270 calories.They're very tasty!:D
I like the weekly WI's.Even doing it by phone you have weekly WI's!Your councelor will call you every week at a time you set up.Sometimes they're late due to other clients running over on their time...
I like the one on one.I did WW,but I didn't like the group thing.
Kirstie Alley is why I joined!:D
You can always give it a try before you commit!!!
I buy the specials every week & spend around $50 on all my food & snacks at JC & then $20 at the store for yogurt,fruit & veggies.
Good luck guys!

I'm back on plan!I've gained a pound from my weekend,but hopefully I can rid myself before Friday's WI!!!
I got my workout done~WATP 2 mile!!!:carrot:

How's everyone???

HarleyMom
06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi all JC Chicks! Lost .8 this week. It is coming down slow but still coming down. Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!

2CMEAGAIN
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Good job Harley!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
My scale showed 2 extra pounds this morning~chalk it up to too much salt yesterday~gotta get it off before tomorrow's WI!:o
I did my Turbo Jam Cardio Mix last night!WOW!:D
Here's to our success!:carrot:

HarleyMom
06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
MEAG Congrats on the loss! Good going on the excersise. Keep it up.

All JC Chicks have a great weekend and Keep on Keep'n on!

2CMEAGAIN
06-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Where's all the JC chics?:?:
I plan on doing a Turbo Jam workout tonight~did WATP last night.
I over ate today I think~well,maybe after I eat dinner~pretty close anyway.:o
I'm joining another group here on June 12th & doing the 10 day Turbo Jam kick start program,but with JC food.That should keep me going!:D
I hope everyone is doing ok.Even if you aren't please let us know.:D :hug:

sunshine
06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I lost 3 lbs this week! Woo Hoo! Exercising, drinking a lot of water, the whole bit. I sure feel a lot better when I do these things.

Good luck to everyone and have a great weekend!

2CMEAGAIN
06-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Congrats Sunshine!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I did my Turbo Jam Sculpt dvd last night~worked my muscles for 40 minutes!:lifter: :workout:

I'm back on plan today after indulging in pizza & a blizzard!:o I just REALLY wanted them.....;)

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!:D

2CMEAGAIN
06-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I did my TJ abs dvd & my TJ cardio party dvd yesterday!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I did better on my eating.:D
How's everyone doing?:?:

sunshine
06-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Way to go Angie. Keep it up. Just one day at a time. My husband and I ate out on Saturday night but yesterday morning we hiked about 5 miles up and down a little mountain so I'm pretty sure we undid any damage from the night before! Stayed on program yesterday and plan on staying on program for the rest of the week. Watched a show on TLC last night about a man that weighed over 1,000 lbs. Very interesting.

How's everyone else doing?

2CMEAGAIN
06-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Good job Sunshine!:carrot:
I did my 20 minute TJ workout last night!:carrot:
I ate within my range yesterday!:carrot:
"Aunt Flo" is here this week so I'll have to work extra hard so I don't retain at weigh in!!!:D
Later~

HarleyMom
06-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey JC chicks. What a weekend. Graduation party on Saturday, Ladies night last night. I hate eating off plan, because I feel horriable for two day after. I was feeling so hungry yesterday, I couldn't beleive it. I am looking forward to a week of clean eating.

I am doing this from the coach to a 5K in 12 weeks right now and I am on week 4. It kicks my butt. I walk for 5 min. run for 3 min. walk for 3 min. run for 90 sec walk for 90 sec. I do this 3 reps and then walk 2 min for cool down. I do this routine for 6 days then bump up to more running. I started week one with walking 5 min. run 60 sec walk 5 min. run 60 sec. So you can see how it get more running and less walking every week. I really like the program.

Angie and Sunshine, congrats on all your success! Weight loss and excersise. You go Chicks!

Well chicks happy Monday to you all and keep on Keep'n on!

2CMEAGAIN
06-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Good job Harley!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Sounds like you had a great weekend!:D
Here's to all of our successes!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-06-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm with you, Harley, about how you feel after eating off plan. But as long as we get right back on eating the right way, it shouldn't be a problem. How are you doing so far this week? Your exercise plan sounds challenging!!

2CMEAGAIN
06-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone!:wave:
I stayed on plan eating wise & did my Turbo Jam 20 minute workout last night!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I weigh 189 on the scale,which is 1 pound more,but since "aunt flo" is here I'll believe it's her weight for now.:p
The sun is shining here in Ohio & looks & feels great!:D
How's EVERYONE doing?????????:D

HarleyMom
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey JC chicks! Sounds like everyone is having a good start of the week. I have done my running program 4X this week and Biked 1X. I weigh in this evening. Not looking forward to it as I didn't stay on plan this weekend. I guess I find out tonight.

The sun is hot here. 96 degrees today. It is warm for this time of year. Electric went out last night for over 2 hours. Made the whole house hot with no AC or fans going. DH was not happy.

Keep on Keep'n on all you JC Queens. Have a great day!

2CMEAGAIN
06-07-2006, 12:17 AM
WTG Harley!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: You're doing awesome!I bet WI was great too!:D
I did my Turbo Jam Cardio Party tonight & ate my calories & water.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
How's everyone doing?:?: :D

HarleyMom
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Glad to here your keeping up the excersise. I think is really important. I lost another 1.6 lbs this week. Somewhat surprised me. Hope your all having a great staying on JC week. Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks!

sunshine
06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Angie - good job staying on program and doing your turbo jam cardio party. Keep it up.

Harley - congrats on your 1.6 lb loss this week.

I'm sitting here on my lunch break eating my chicken salad kit! LOVE IT!

2CMEAGAIN
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
WTG Harley!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Sunshine~Keep up the great work!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I did my TJ sculpt tonight.Ate my calories & drank my fluids.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Let's keep those scales moving!!!:D

2CMEAGAIN
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I just had to share~I jumped on the scale even though "Aunt Flo" is still here & I'm down a pound!YAHOO!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

HarleyMom
06-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Congrats Angie! WTG Chick! Keep up the good work.

Bumped up the running routine this morning, it kicked my rear. 5min walk warm up, 5 min run, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 90 sec walk, 5 min run, 2 1/5 walk, 5 min run., 2 1/2 walk. Whew I made it without stopping!

Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks! Have a good day.

2CMEAGAIN
06-09-2006, 03:17 AM
WOW! Harley!You go girl!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

2CMEAGAIN
06-10-2006, 03:18 AM
I had my JC WI yesterday~2 pounds down!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: She measured me too(favor) & just from doing Turbo Jam this week I've lost 2"!!!
I am so ready to look good!;)
How are you guys doing???:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Good job Angie. I had my WI yesterday also and I lost another 2.4 lbs. Yeah! I, too, am so ready to look good! Next week I want to be under 200 lbs.

2CMEAGAIN
06-10-2006, 08:23 AM
WTG Sunshine!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: There must something with their scales....mine was 2.4 lbs.!!!;)
Keep it up & you'll break that 200 mark!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Keep moving ladies!!!!!:carrot:

2CMEAGAIN
06-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm down 2 more pounds!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Angie - does that make 4.4 lbs in two days? Keep that up and you'll be at your goal by the end of next week!!!

HarleyMom
06-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the losses Sunshine and Angie!

I went white water rafting this weekend and had a blast! It was so much fun. Class 3's and 4's for most of the day.

Hope you all had a great JC weekend! Keep on Keep'n on!

WaistingAweigh
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Welcome Honeymist!:wave: I am a VERY picky eater~you'd think I'd be skinny;) I REALLY love JC's food!It's so yummy~honestly!!!:D Maybe you should try it again~do a week trial???Good luck on your weight loss program!:carrot:
HoneyMist Welcome! I also was on JC many years ago the food is better than it use to be. I hated those muffins you had to cook up by your self. Also the pancakes. To much prep time for me. Now everything is premade frozen and you just pop it in the micro. I don't much care for the shelf life food but other folks seem to really enjoy it. I usually stick to ordering the frozen food.

It's so good to hear that the food tastes better nowadays. Well, I thought and thought about it and decided to call for a consultation. I need help really badly, I've been struggling for some time with losing. I really need one on one support and help with putting meals together. I have a consultation in about 20 minutes. I'm so excited!! :carrot:

WaistingAweigh
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Well, my consultation went very well. I really liked the girl that showed me the ropes. She was very friendly and helpful, ready to answer questions and not intimidating at all. I never at any point felt pressured, which surprised me. Probably because of all the LA Weight Loss stories I've been reading about lately. I dreaded taking pictures/weight/measurements, but it had to be done. My official start weight is 267.5 :mad:

I'm also broke! Since I want to lose 100 pounds, I'm on the rewards plan. I chose the $175 down + 3 monthly payments. All in all today, I spent $276. Goodness! It sounds like a lot up front, but I'm sure the cost is near or maybe even cheaper than all the junk and fast food I buy on a daily basis, in addition to my regular grocery bill.

I will be starting the plan tomorrow. My regular lunch group is planning on going to Applebee's to meet a former co-worker, but I'm going to pass on it. Normally, I wouldn't, even if it meant putting off the start of a diet for the next day or week, but I want to have lost weight for my next JC meeting.

Well, I'm going to plug all of my foods into Calorie King. Yahoooooo! :D :carrot: :D

sunshine
06-14-2006, 05:32 AM
Congratulations Honey! I think you'll have success with Jenny. This is the easiest plan I've been on (and I've tried many). I'm with you about the cost of the food probably costing less than eating out and I was used to preparing such large meals and then ending up throwing out leftovers. I love the fact that I don't have to plan meals (except for the veggies or salads) and having prepared meals cuts down so much time in the kitchen. My daughter is also doing JC and my husband is following along with Lean Cuisines so everyone in my household being on the plan makes it even easier.

I get home from work at around 5:20PM, we go work out at the YMCA and then we get back home around 7PM. While the meals are heating up in the microwave, I'll cook a vegetable and VOILA dinner is served! I really love it.

Harley - I've always wanted to go white water rafting. Sounds like such an adventure!

2CMEAGAIN
06-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm back!:D
My divorce was final Monday :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: and then I went to my friend's house to celebrate & stayed over & she went with me to check out the massotherapy college.:D I had a great time,but ate too much food!:o
I'm back home,ready to eat on plan & start turbo jamming again!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
:welcome: Honey!
Keep up the great work Sunshine!
Sounds like you had a blast Harley!
Keep moving & losing!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

HarleyMom
06-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Had my weigh in last night, stayed the same. That is OK, but plan on going down this week. It seems to be going slower and slower.

Honey, I totally save money from what I used to spend eating out all the time. Lunch with the office at least 4 times weekly at 10.00 to 15.00 daily starts to add up. Also eating out at dinner with the family. We just don't go out any more and the whole family is eatting better. Good luck on your first week! It usually goes pretty smoothly and your weight loss should be good if you stick to the program!

Congrats on your divorce Angie! It is time for you to move forward and start to live a happy and content life.

Sunshine it sounds like the whole family is on the ship with you, that is fantastic. You will have success with that happening!

Well Chicks it is another hot one in Colorado, suppose to get over 100 degress today, really hot for this early in the season. Have a great day and Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks!

2CMEAGAIN
06-15-2006, 06:41 AM
HARLEY~staying the same is better then gaining so good job!:carrot:
I did my TJ cardio party last night!:carrot:
It's gorgeous here in Ohio!:D
I'm ready to start my new life!:carrot:
Keep moving ladies!:D

sunshine
06-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Angie - Starting a new life is great motivation for getting fit and losing weight. I know you'll stick with it until you reach your goal.

Honey - How do you like the plan so far?

Harley - I can't believe you're having 100 degree heat in Colorado. I lived in Aurora for a year and a half and I'm not sure it even reached 90!

I have my weigh in today and MY scales show I've lost 2 lbs. so it'll be interesting to see what their scales show.

How is everybody else doing??

sunshine
06-17-2006, 07:21 AM
I had my weigh-in yesterday and lost 2.2 lbs and am now under 200!! YEAH! How is everyone doing?

HarleyMom
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Congrats on the great loss Sunshine and welcome to onederland! That is fantastic! Was out on Friday trying to get ready for my big 25 anniversary party this week. Hope you are all having a great week! Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks!

sunshine
06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Harley - What are your special plans?

We're going to the beach at the end of July and that's my motivation to lose 10 lbs by then.

Angie and Honey - Where are you??

HarleyMom
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
I am having a huge dinner party on Friday, 40 people. Saturday we are renewing our vows and having a dessert reception afterwards with 150 people. I am starting to get a little stressed out over the details. I am over thinking things. It is going a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it. Have a great one JC Chicks!

sunshine
06-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Wow Harley - sounds exciting. I'm sure it'll be very beautiful and you'll have a great time. You'll have to share a picture or two afterwards!

My husband and I celebrated our 20th in April. We didn't do anything special because in February, we went to Cancun for 5 days (all expenses were paid by his company). Every year the company takes their top managers, salespeople and customers on an exotic trip. It's wonderful!

Anyway, take a deep breath and enjoy the day!

HarleyMom
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey fellow JC chicks! Went for weigh in last night and I am down anther 2.6 lbs!:carrot: I have 1.4 lbs and I will be down under 170. I haven't been that weight I think for 14 years or more.

Sunshine, Wow Cancun on the company. That is great! I think every company should be good like that to employees who work hard. What motivation to do a good job!

Well chicks have a great on plan day and talk to you later. Keep on Keep'n on!

sunshine
06-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Congratulations Harley on another 2.6 lbs gone! That's great. Well, tomorrow is your big day, huh? Are you ready?

I weigh in tomorrow and I'm confident I've lost some weight since last week. I do really love this program and how easy it is.

HarleyMom
06-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Sunshine good luck on weigh in tonight! Well I will be out of the office until July 20th. So I may not post while I am gone as it is tuff for me to use the computer at home with twin 15 year old daughters on it day and night. So if you don't here from me I will me back in a few weeks. I hope you all have a great few weeks and keep on program and keep the scales going down!:)

2CMEAGAIN
06-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm back!Not sure if anyone noticed me missing.
I couldn't get on this site~it was very frustrating!!!:mad:
I gained 2 ounces last week & 1 pound this week so I need to try harder.My consultant said it might be muscle so we will measure next week.:D
Congrats Harley on your celebration~how fun!:hug:
Sunshine~WOW!How exciting!!!:D
Keep up the great work ladies!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Angie - I did notice you were gone and I'm so glad you are back! Hopefully your gain is muscle. That would be a good thing. I need to start weight training. Right now I'm just doing cardio - elliptical, treadmill, hiking but I'd like to see my arms look better.

I lost 1.8 lbs this week. Yeah! The July 3rd People Magazine has Kirstie on the cover "If I can do it, anybody can" and talks about her weight loss.

2CMEAGAIN
06-24-2006, 07:04 PM
WTG Sunshine!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I'll need to get that People magazine!:D When does it hit the stands?

sunshine
06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Angie - I bought the magazine yesterday.

2CMEAGAIN
06-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I hope I remember to buy it & it's still there this week!:D

sunshine
06-27-2006, 05:26 AM
How are you doing this week, Angie? I can't believe we're the only Jenny Craig members around. Oh well.

I'm still enjoying the program. It's really working for my family and me and we're a lot more active now. Looking forward to being slim!

2CMEAGAIN
06-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi Sunshine!:hug:
I did horrid this weekend & tried to continue yesterday.....:o Today is a new day & I'll succeed!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I did my Turbo Jam Cardio Party last night so hopefully that gets my booty in gear!:D :p :carrot:
Here's to our success!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-28-2006, 05:45 AM
How did you do yesterday, Angie? I followed the menu plan pretty closely. I don't eat all the salads it says to, especially at lunch, and ended up eating a string cheese or two. I also mostly eat the desserts after lunch instead of after dinner and after dinner have sugar free jello with a dab of cool whip. This works pretty well for me. Last night my daughter and I went to the Y and did 1 hr of elliptical and about 30 min with the weight machines.

Today's a new day and we get to do it all over again!!

2CMEAGAIN
06-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I did pretty good til night time when I had 2 helpings of ice cream!:o
Keep up the good work!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I hope the ice cream was good, Angie! I weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait because Friday night we always go out to dinner and have a few drinks. Yeah! It's my one time a week to splurge a little.

sunshine
06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Hello to all you Jenny Craigers out there. I lost 2.8 lbs this week and I'm excited! I have a four day weekend that just started and all's right with the world! Or maybe it's just the wine talking!

Anyhoo, how have you been, Angie?

2CMEAGAIN
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
WTG Sunshine!:carrot: I lost 2 ounces,but from the pound I gained last week....:o I'm more focused this week so I see a good WI on Friday!:D
Keep up the great work!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
We'll both be feeling wonderful at the end of Summer!;) :D :carrot:
I bought the People Magazine!!!I wish there was more about Kirstie,but it was nice to see what they had.:D

campbellredhead
07-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi,

I started Jenny Craig this passed Saturday!!!!!
Its great to know there are other women on this site
on the same program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to lose 50lbs, and then work on getting pregnant,
for my 2nd, and probably last child.

sunshine
07-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Welcome Red! Looks like we have the same goal weight and we're both in beautiful GA. I think you'll love this program. We just have to make it work, right?

Angie, stay focused and you'll be a loser! Yes, you're right, we'll be feeling wonderful by the end of summer. I'm looking forward to those "after" pictures!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

DonnaD
07-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks to Sunshine I was steered toward this thread. This is great.

I started JC the end of may. First few weeks went great but that last few have been off. Between a series of medical tests I had to go thru and my son's wedding (this coming friday) my schedule has been impossible. Unfortunately my center, which is the only one close enough for me to go to, is very busy and I have trouble getting in to see my counselor. It seems the center struggles to keep up with the amount of clients they have. That's seems to be the case with everything in the New York area. TOPs, WW, LAWL, I've tried them all, but counselors are constantly changing or out sick and there is no consistancy, but I like the program and plan on getting back to it after the wedding friday. It helped my blood sugars (I'm diabetic) and I generally felt better. So I am hoping the support I don't get at the center, I can find here.

Ok, JC's, alot of us started around the same time....WE CAN DO THIS!!! :cheer: :cb:

2CMEAGAIN
07-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Welcome Red & Donna!:hug:
I'm doing wonderful this week!Getting my workouts done & eating much better!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
On my scale I'm down 2lbs this week!"Aunt Flo" is here for her visit so I hope it doesn't blow my WI on Friday!:o
I'm trying to get my bikini body back like Kirstie by November.:D I know I can with my Turbo Jam & JC!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I hope you all had a great Happy July 4th!!!!!:woo:

DonnaD
07-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to find an active JC thread.

About following the program; do any of you have trouble getting in the yogurt. I've tried so many times and I just am not crazy about the stuff. I was thinking of making non fat, sugar free pudding instead. Probably not as beneficial as yogurt, but at least I would get in the dairy.

I find it hard to get all the food in, in the morning. I can't eat when I get up (around 6am) and I don't eat until I get to work (9am) and even then, if it's busy I may not eat until 10a. (not good) Then before I know it I should be eating a snack of fruit and yogurt and then lunch is at 1pm and it's too much food in a short period of time. My trouble time is 3:30 to 5p, most of the others in the office leave at 4p and those of us that stay want to pick.
That is when I should eat on program, but end up cheating. Ugh! :?:

Sorry to ramble.

HAPPY 4TH!!!!

sunshine
07-04-2006, 08:45 PM
The way I see it Donna, is that it doesn't matter what time you eat the food. So if you want, eat your lunch at 3:00. Then you won't have those cravings at 3:30! I wouldn't eat if I wasn't hungry. Just take the menu and spread it out like you want.

I don't have any problem getting in the yogurt. I love the stuff!

2CMEAGAIN
07-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Donna~what sunshine said is what my consultant told me~eat when you want.:D
I love yogurt so I can't help you there,sorry.:(
Keep moving & losing ladies!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

DonnaD
07-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks Angie & Sunshine.
I will definitely try your suggestions.

Now tell me, what kind of yogurt? Maybe I'm just not getting good yogurt.

I'm so glad your doing well. Your getting me motivated.

Thanks

2CMEAGAIN
07-05-2006, 07:16 AM
I like yoplait boston cream pie yogurt~taste like pudding or Heaven.:D
Keep up the great work ladies!:carrot:

campbellredhead
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi there,

DonnaD, i dont' do well with vitamins, so i'm doing the anytime bar instead,
of the vitamin, and yogurt, the bar i got is chocolate peanut butter, tastes like a protein bar, not bad. And it has the nutrients and calcium already in it.

today is day 5 for me, i've lost 4 pounds so far, i'm exercising about 30 min a day. Gosh i hope i'm one of the ones that loses the weight a little faster.

campbellredhead
07-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I've been anxious this week, i think because before i would stuff my face, eat like a pint of icecream or something when i was anxious, and suddenly feel calmer. And now i don't have that crutch, did anyone else experience this.

DonnaD
07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Red,
4lbs is great! I'm actually anxious to get back on plan. I have an appt next tuesday with my counselor. I know about anxiety eating...and frustration eating....and boredom eating......:dizzy: :devil:

Angie, Boston creme pie, yum. Is it one of the light yogurts (90 cals)
I'm going to look for that one.

2CMEAGAIN
07-06-2006, 03:38 AM
DONNA~I believe the boston cream pie is 100 calories.
My eating is good.:D
I didn't get my turbo jam done last night,but I played outside with my son so hopefully that did something.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Friday is WI & I should have a good loss this week!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
RED~Keep up the great work!It will come off~stay motivated!:D
Keep moving ladies!We're gonna look great this Summer!!!:carrot:

sunshine
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi everyone. My weigh-in is usually on Fridays but this week I moved it to Saturday. I need an extra day to offset my over indulging on Tuesday! But I've been exercising and eating on plan the other days. Of course when I go back to Fridays next week, that will be one less day I'll have. Too bad!! It'll all work out in the long run.

2CMEAGAIN
07-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I just finished doing a Turbo Jam 10 day kickstart & I lost 5.8 lbs. & 1 1/4"!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I can't wait to WI on Friday!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Good luck with your WI Sunshine!:D

DonnaD
07-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Angie,
That's just great. 5.8lbs. Wow! :cp: Now, TJ is turbo jam. Did you get that thru JC. It's a video? I know WI is weigh-in, but what is WI & I ?

campbellredhead
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Sunshine,

i weigh in on Saturday too, my first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2CMEAGAIN
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I got my TJ through beachbody.com.You can get it at QVC & ebay too.:D It's a dance,aerobic,kickboxing workout~it really rocks!:D I feel wonderful after doing them!:D
Wish me luck on my WI tomorrow!!!:D
Keep moving & losing ladies!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Angie - how did your weigh in go?

2CMEAGAIN
07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I had to cancel my appointment~I had a date!:D I'm down 8 lbs. on my scales!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I can't wait for next weeks WI!!!:D

campbellredhead
07-08-2006, 05:06 PM
I had weigh in today, my first one,
i'm down 5.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missqt
07-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I buy the specials every week & spend around $50 on all my food & snacks at JC & then $20 at the store for yogurt,fruit & veggies.
Good luck guys!

Hi, can you explain how your food only costs $50? I thought it was at least $100 a week. I am a poor student and would do this in a heartbeat if I could because I know it would work. I could afford $50. Thanks!

missqt
07-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have a price list they would be willing to pm me?

2CMEAGAIN
07-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Congrats Campbellredhead!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I buy the cheapest foods & whatever they have on sale for buy 1 get 1 & that's how I stay around $50.HTH
My JC consultant will be proud of me~down 9 pounds & hopefully some more this week!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Keep moving ladies!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
07-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Welcome Miss. I won't be able to help you with a price list. I usually spend around $70 to $80 a week on their food. It's worth every penny to me.

Angie, how did your date go?

Congrats Red on 5.4 lbs gone forever!

I lost 1 lb. this week. Yeah!

campbellredhead
07-09-2006, 09:53 AM
hello miss, i'm on my second week,
my first week was $115,
my second week $112
my center doesn't have buy 1 get 1 free or anything like that,
some food items are cheaper than others so you can save some money
that way, but right now, i'm on the planned menu, where they tell you what to eat, that is what i'm paying them for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Miss,

you could try to buy lean cuisines or something like that,
the main thing is portion control, the portions are definitely small,
so you have to change your way of thinking,
we have 3 snacks a day, after each meal, mostly fruit. some goody stuff
every other day.

and add veggies to your meals whenever possible, stay away from corn, and high starch veggies,

drink at least 64 oz of water a day,
and do at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week

2CMEAGAIN
07-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Sunshine~the 3 dates we had this past week were wonderful!!!:carrot: He's incredible!!!:D

campbellredhead
07-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Great job sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2CMEAGAIN
07-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Morning JCer's!:D
Today is a new day.
I wanted to share my weight loss success with you guys~I now weigh 178.8 pounds!I'm so excited!!!Pretty soon I'll be talking about the 160's!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I hope everyone has a great day!:D :carrot:

campbellredhead
07-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Way to go Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2CMEAGAIN
07-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks Red!:D

sunshine
07-10-2006, 12:36 PM
That's great Angie!

campbellredhead
07-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I sure wish Jenny Craig had icecream,
i love ice cream

2CMEAGAIN
07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Red~I eat ice cream every week~it's an addiction with me so I have some 1x a week.:D
Thanks Sunshine!:D
I still need to workout tonight.....:carrot:
Keep moving & losing girls!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

2CMEAGAIN
07-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Morning JCer's!:D
How's everyone doing?
Any successes?
Any trouble & need to vent or need help?
Everyone working the fat off with exercise?:carrot:
Pop in & let me know how you're doing!!!:D

sunshine
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi Angie,

You certainly are energetic! After work I went to the Y and did 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the treadmill. Then I ate the mac and cheese and some honeydew melon. It sure was delicious. My home scales show a one pound loss from Friday (my center weigh-in day) so I'm excited because I still have two and a half more days to go!

2CMEAGAIN
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
WTG Sunshine!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sunshine
07-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey Red, you really started a lively discussion over on the thread you started about which plan to to go with. Have you read it lately?

2CMEAGAIN
07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
I just had to share~I'm down another pound!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I can't wait for WI & my measurements on Friday!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Keep moving & losing ladies~WE CAN DO IT!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

campbellredhead
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
hi Sunshine, i hadn't noticed, until i got a PM from Suzanne apologizing for how the thread got out of hand.

I actually ordered a month of nutrisystem to try it out since i'll save like $175.00 a month compared to the JC.

I love the JC, but it is a lot of money, so we'll see, i'll have to make my own decision on the comparison.

Today is day 13 and i'm down 9 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Congrats on your 9 lbs gone, Red! Let us know how you like NS vs JC, okay? Personally, I need to know that I've got to weigh-in in front of somebody every week. If I didn't have to have that, I'd probably just buy Lean Cuisines! I hope NS food isn't is bad as I've read about on these threads!

campbellredhead
07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks Sunshine, i got the food today, overwhelming to have 5 weeks of food in front of you at one time.

I will start Saturday, tomorrow i finish the Jenny Craig.
Weighing in front of someone doesnt' help me any.

I'm accountable to my husband who pays for the plan,
and to my family, my daughter, and to myself, i realllllllllllly want
to have another baby. But i need to lose this weight first, so
i can have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Yeah i really hope the food isn't bad. My mind finally really seems set on losing weight, and exercising, and being healthy.

I'll keep you all updated

God Bless

sunshine
07-15-2006, 06:57 AM
I lost 2.8 lbs this week! Yeah!

Angie - how did you do on your weigh-in?

Red - I know you'll have success in whatever you do, because I can tell you are determined! Keep posting here though. Don't make us have to guess what you're up to!

2CMEAGAIN
07-16-2006, 08:35 AM
You guys are doing awesome!:carrot: :carrot:
My WI had me down 11 pounds in 2 weeks!Broke that plateau!!!:carrot:
I know my loss won't be that big everytime,but I sure love it when it is!:D
I did NS & I always forgot to eat it & there's no place to go to WI & get encouragement~I needed that so I like JC,but I wish you all the success on the NS plan Red~You go girl!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Keep moving & losing!!!:carrot:

sunshine
07-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Great job Angie! 40 lbs lost...WOW! You go girl.

campbellredhead
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi guys,

Today is day 3 of nutrisystem, Jenny food is soooooooooo much better.
But this is sooooooo much cheaper, i'm going to finish out my 5 weeks of food but i don't think i'll order it again, unless i lose a ton of weight.

We'll see.

The muffins were actually hard to eat-discusting
the pizza is good.

The fetuccini alfredo has an odd flavor to it, i guess the soy protein added to it.

the pastas taste like chef boy r d kinda

tonight i had beef stronganoff, it was more like canned beef stew

for breakfast i had frosted shredded wheat, it was like 1/4 cup.

Just gotta stay on track until the food is gone, then i can go back on Jenny,
or decide if i feel confident enough to try it on my own-we'll see.

God Bless you all!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine
07-18-2006, 05:33 AM
The food sounds horrid, Red. Maybe that's the reason it's cheaper. I noticed there aren't very many people posting on the NS threads. Of course, it looks like there's only a couple of us doing JC! Oh well. Whatever, you end up doing, just stick with it and get to your goal.

missqt
07-18-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm going to go to JC today. I will make the sacrifice to try it for 6 weeks ($36). I will buy the least expensive foods if I decide to join.

missqt
07-18-2006, 10:38 AM
hello miss, i'm on my second week,
my first week was $115,
my second week $112
my center doesn't have buy 1 get 1 free or anything like that,
some food items are cheaper than others so you can save some money
that way, but right now, i'm on the planned menu, where they tell you what to eat, that is what i'm paying them for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Miss,

you could try to buy lean cuisines or something like that,
the main thing is portion control, the portions are definitely small,
so you have to change your way of thinking,
we have 3 snacks a day, after each meal, mostly fruit. some goody stuff
every other day.

and add veggies to your meals whenever possible, stay away from corn, and high starch veggies,

drink at least 64 oz of water a day,
and do at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week

First of all congrats on your weight loss. :D

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to walk in today and hope they have the specials. If not, we'll see. I'm going to let them know up front that I'm poor hahaha :dizzy: As far as lean cuisine, I'll have to see how it compairs to JC on the sodium.

campbellredhead
07-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Miss- let us know what happens and what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine-yeah i've tried to start a thread that people will actually respond in, but no one is, and no one wants to be my buddy either-oh well, met some nice ladies at the nutrisystem website.

Thanks guys, for still accepting me even though i'm on nutrisystem right now.

God Bless

ArtGirl
07-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Starting JC now... like right now. I walked in on Monday, did my consultation thing yesterday where I signed up and bought the food, and today I'm starting it. I'm excited and nervous.
They say I'm their second bride and the only person they have wanting to lose around 100 lbs. I want to be back to high school weight, or as close to it when I get married next year. Not to mention it'd be great to have dropped about 20 lbs. for next month's graduation. LOL
Well, I suppose I have to finish getting ready for work and set up my lunch.
Congrats to all the 'losers' out there! :carrot: LOL :carrot: And if anyone wants to buddy up, I can use some encouragement. PM me, I guess.

2CMEAGAIN
07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Morning ladies!:D
RED~I am so sorry that the food is lacking...kudos to you for sticking with it!:D I hope you drop LOTS of weight for your efforts!:D
I saw Kirstie's new commercial yesterday.:D
I got my Turbo Jam 20 minute workout & Ab Jam workout done last night!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I hadn't worked out for 4 days & thought I was going to die!!!:o :dizzy: I need to keep working out!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I haven't dropped any pounds this week & I think it's the lack of exercise...:( I have til Friday for my WI though!!!:D
Have a great day ladies!
Keep moving!!!:carrot: :carrot:
Welcome to the newbies!:hug:

missqt
07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Well, I went in yesterday and spent about 1.5 hours talking with the director. She as really nice. Then, she whipped out the price sheet!! I didn't know I had to sign up for Jenny Rewards to get any food specials. I thought I could get food specials with any of the plans. I'm sure y'all know that Jenny rewards is $399. I can't afford it right now so I'm going to look into the at home program or just do lean cuisines and veggies on my own.

campbellredhead
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi guys i finally went down 2 pounds after getting all that added salt out of my system, my real weigh in day is Saturday morning,
so hopefully i'll lose more by then.

Been still going to the track with my daughter-we've been doing 1 mile.
Maybe someday i'll build up to 2 miles, but for now 1 is a lot.

God Bless

Keep going everyone-we'll get there-one day at a time, we want to be healhier, happier, and sexier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
*hugs*

sorry Miss, stay with us though and we'll still support you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine
07-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Welcome Art! You're going to love the food (for the most part) and the program. You'll look great for your wedding.

Sorry about the sticker shock, Miss. It is a bit pricey. Just stick with whatever plan you decide to do and you'll see results. You can do it!

Angie, I haven't seen Kirstie's new commercial yet but I can't wait. She's so cute!

Congrats on your loss, Red. Whoo Hoo! Keep up the exercise.

campbellredhead
07-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Art Girl -Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

sunshine
07-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Whoo Hoo! I lost another 1.6 lbs. I'm on vacation until 7/29 so you all behave and lose some weight!!

campbellredhead
07-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Sunshine you have an awesome time, and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the super work, losing weight,
i can't wait to be in Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Hey 160 is my goal weight too.
God Bless
*hugs*

campbellredhead
07-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi ladies
i've lost 4 pounds this week-my first week on Nutrisystem,
so i'm down 13 pounds in 3 weeks,
I'm so close to Onederlaned!!!!!!!!!!

Have super weekend!
*hugs*

DonnaD
07-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I know I'm not around much, maybe that's part of my problem. My first few weeks of JC were great. Now I'm having so much trouble staying on program.

I haven't gained,(up and down, but landing in the same place) but I'm having trouble staying focused and motivated. I have had some issues. I started a monthly injection to stop my cycle. I'm extremely anemic. We also had my son's wedding 2 wks ago, they finally got home sat morning after 5hrs of delays due to weather. So I guess my mind has been elsewhere.

I must say though, what a great, motivating group you all are. Everyone is doing so well. But it also makes me feel ashamed for spending this money and not doing well. I don't eat the JC food when I'm not I'm program, so I'm wasting more time then money. Thats bad too.

I'm sorry to ramble. I so want this work. Not for a wedding, or special event but for health reasons. Way to young to have so many problems with my health. My mom was only 3 yrs older than me when she passed away from complications of the same illnesses I have. :cry:

So I hope I can pick my self up and get going. I'll try to check in more. You ladies are great.

campbellredhead
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I"m sorry that you have to go through the yuck of monthly injections to stop your cycle because of anemia.

ARe you exercising any? That you can try to fit in no matter what you are eating, And definitely try to drink at least 64oz of water.

You can do this!!!!!!!!, you really can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

ArtGirl
07-23-2006, 03:05 PM
My reasons are for health too, and energy, and looks... I'm using my upcoming graduation and wedding as motivators. I have a graduation on Aug. 12th and hope to lose about 5 lbs a week. (They take profile pictures at those things! This double chin has GOT to GO.) And I have a wedding in March.
I have PCOS though, and not on any medication from switching doctors. I'm a "border-line" diabetic, but only because I'm too scared to go back and do the final test to know for sure. I know I'm fat, and I have health issues. I didn't have time with a full time day job, full time night school and a 4 yo to take care of to take care of myself.
I started JC because it's convenient. The food is already ready so I can spend my time cooking for her. I've been taking my dog for walks around 5 blocks or so every day that's cool enough. ;)
My first weigh in was today and I've lost nearly 4 lbs! (starting was 270.6, now it's 266.8) I started Wednesday and it's Sunday now so I suppose that's a good start. (Makes me wanna go for another walk.)

I'm glad that forums like this exist. It's hard to talk about stuff like this with anyone. I haven't even told my mom that I'm on JC.

DonnaD
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Red, you are doing so great. It will be baby time before you know it.

Artgirl, You are so young. The best advice I can give you (speaking from way too much experience) is, do what ever you have to do, to keep from getting diabetes. I never listened. I had gestational when I was 17. After the baby was born it was gone and reappeared in my mid 30's. It's so hard to lose when your on diabetes meds. They cause weight gain. So keep walking that pup. Exercise is great for sooooo many reasons. Red is right, we can always find time. I always make excuses. I joined a gym right next door to where I work. Only $19.95 a month. So why don't I go. Excuses. Really lame excuses.

So keep up the great work and keep the diabetes beast away.:devil:

Thanks again

campbellredhead
07-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Artgirl i have a 5yr old, and she loves to go walking with me, do you take your 4yr old with you walking??

Keep up the good work, you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

My mom has diabetes, i hate watching her struggle, and knowing how dangerous it is to so many parts of your body when your sugar is out of control, you are damaging organs and stuff.
Think healthy for you little one, and for your future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is easier said than done, i really really know.

God Bless

campbellredhead
07-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Angie, how are things going?
How are you doing?
Sunshine will be back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarleyMom
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow this place has gotten busy well I've been gone. I have returned from being off for the summer and just spent 3 days moving my office. I was able to stay on track for the most part well I was gone. I just reached my one year anniversay on JC last week. I still have some weight to loose and it is coming off slow but it is coming off.

I hope your all having a great on plan day and Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks!

ArtGirl
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Me, young? Haha. I suppose people still go by numbers versus experience. I suppose compared to some I am. I am the youngest at work also. I'm used to it, I guess. I just don't think of myself as young. Everyone I know, and am around is at least 5 years older than me or more. I'm doing this for so many reasons and health is one of them for sure. I don't want to end up like my uncle, rest his soul. He was just starting to try to lose when he died. :(

Yes, my little one goes with me every time I walk. I was planning on walking the dog tonight and letting her ride her bike but there was a party tonight that we stayed longer than intended. But....

I rode my bicycle to and from work today. It's one of those old fashioned ones too, with the fenders, brakes in the pedals, and no gears. It was harder than I thought. I used to bike 18-20 miles every other day in Texas. I can't believe that gaining so much weight would make it seem like another lifetime.

I didn't exactly slip or anything, but I had some food outside JC for the first time in about a week tonight. It's my aunt's 50th birthday and they invited us to a local bar. Everyone started ordering food and I was panicked. I was still planning on coming home for my Turkey Chili, but the I don't want my family to know about the diet yet. So... I called Jenny's. I headed for the bathroom and called for HELP! LoL. I feel pathetic for doing it, but I couldn't think of anything else. And I really don't want to screw this up. So I ordered a grilled chicken salad with low fat italian dressing and some water with lemon. :D I had one beer and made it a Mich Ultra Light.

Overall, I think I did good. I biked today, and plan on doing it again tomorrow and I turned down breaded mushrooms and more beer for a huge salad. WOoHOo! What do you all think? Sound good, or is it like cheating?

HarleyMom
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I think you did fantastic ArtGirl. You can not expect to just eat JC for the rest of you life. As long as you stay with in reason and not go crazy when you eat out. A salad is always a good choice but you have to be careful with that. The salad at taco bell has 800 calories in it ouch! Remember vege's is always a smart choice. If you are going out for dinner one thing that has really helped me is visually you want the center portion of your plate filled with food. Half should be vege's, one quarter starch and the other quarter protien. No fried foods! No bread. Stay away from things that you know you can not stop eating (chips or whatever). We all have trigger foods. Good job and keep up the good work.

Well I was up one pound yesterday at weigh in. I have been excersing like a crazy person. At least 1 hour of cardio 6 days a week. I think I am gaining muscle. Well my consultant thinks I am not getting enough calories. So we are bumping me up to 1500 calories a day. If that doesn't do it we will bump up to 1700 calories.

Well fellow JC Chicks Keep on Keep'n on and have a great day.

2CMEAGAIN
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm back!:carrot: I see we moved...:dizzy:
Looks like everyone is doing great!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I'm still losing!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I'm still jammin to my turbo jam workouts.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

HarleyMom
07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
How was the vacation? So happy it is Friday! I am out of here early today. Have a great on plan weekend JC chicks and Keep on Keep'n on!

ArtGirl
07-28-2006, 07:10 PM
:'( I only lost one more pound! I was strict on the plan, with the slight exception of Tuesday, and I've been biking to work and walking... I'm so disappointed. My consultant(?) said that I need to switch my lunch and dinner entrees. Said we'll see if that helps because I have so much time between lunch and afternoon snack, and then dinner. My last snack is pretty late and I have to move it up, somehow. :\ I was thinking I was doing SO good. Now I'm just depressed.

sunshine
07-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Hi everyone! We got back from a week at the beach yesterday afternoon and we had such a good time visiting with family. I didn't take JC food but still ate better than I normally would have. I haven't weighed myself yet and I don't go back to the JC center until this coming up Friday but I'm getting right back on the program today. As long as I don't GAIN anything, I'll be happy!

Red, are you still doing NS? If you are, how do you like it?

Glad to have you back Harley!

Art, you shouldn't be depressed about only losing 1 lb. Maybe next week it'll be 3 lbs. Just stick with it.

2CMEAGAIN
07-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Morning JC'ers!:D
I'm down again on the scales!YAHOO!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
It's to be VERY hot here this week!Thank goodness for central air!;)
How's everyone doing?
Good luck on your WI Sunshine!:D
Red~you still like the NS?
Harley~welcome back!
Artgirl~hang in there!!!:hug:

sunshine
07-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Congrats Angie on your loss!!

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Hiya,
Welcome back sunshine, i hope you had a terrific time.
TIme totally ran out on us, and looks like we won't get a vacation in,
unless we can sneek a little something in this weekend.

FOOIIEEE

Yeah NS isn't so bad, you really kinda get used to the food,
some things i like better than others-ya know??????

Last week i only lost 1 pound, but i got my period too, so i know
i'm retaining extra water, so hopefully in a week or 2 my body will
even out, and that was my last month of birthcontrol too, so that
might let out some water retention-guess i'll have to wait and see.

But all in all 14 pounds in a month-i'm pretty happy with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs******************

Seems everyone around is going crazy with Turbo Jam,
on the NS bulletin and stuff, i just think i'd feel like a fool in front of the tv
doing those things, i'd probably hurt myself, pull a muscle or something, ya know??????????

Have you guys seen yoga booty ballet?????????????? that one i would feel like such a nerd, i'm not very coordinated though either, it would definitely take awhile.

I have a Jenny CRaig exercise video i should try it.

I've basically been trying to walk 1 mile as many days as i can fit it in, and also do 15mn cardio bike when i can-didn't exercise too much last week,
throat infection, just felt ick.................

*hugs*

God Bless

We can get healthier, and sexier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah

Jenny

chantelle_zzz
08-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi. I am new here and just signed up for JC today. I live 3 hours away from the nearest center so I am doing a combo of the direct and the center. Once a month I will be driving up to the center and the rest will be done by phone contact. I am at my heviest right now at 206 lbs. I did not start struggling with my weight untill after children. Becasue I did not have a problem growing up I never learnt how to eat properly and the last 10 years I have been a yoyo dieter. I am 5'5" and my goal weight is 135. 71 lbs seem like so much to lose but I know I need to do this for myself. I have also started exercising. For years now I have not done much of that. I am glad that I found this bb.

sunshine
08-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Welcome Chantelle. You're going to love the JC program and I'm sure you'll reach your goal. I've been a yo-yo dieter too, in the past, but I'm going to get to my goal weight and keep it there!

I go to the Y almost every day and do the treadmill, elliptical and sometimes weight machines. Red, I saw my first commercial on tv for turbo jam and it looked like fun. Yoga Booty Ballet?? I've never tried yoga but a lot of people swear by it. Glad to see you're feeling better this week and congrats on the 14 lbs in a month! WooHoo!

2CMEAGAIN
08-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks Sunshine!:D
Welcome Chantelle!:welcome:
Ballet booty is suppose to be pretty good~I use Turbo Jam myself~what a difference it's made for me!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Have a great day everyone!:D

chantelle_zzz
08-01-2006, 02:56 PM
What is this Turbo Jam you guys are talking about? I am assuming it is an excersize video. I live in Canada so I am not sure if it is something we have here but I think I will look for it. I need to add something for variety. I will be getting 2 weeks of food tomorrow and I will be going to the clinic on the 8th and will do whatever it is I do there and get some other food. They just started not being able to ship the frozen food here because they have had problems with the delivery people and the heat. So the 2 week I will be getting in the mail will all be the shelf stuff. When I go there I will pick up the frozen, I hear it is better. What are your guys fav's? I bought a new scale today becuase I only had a cheepo one that we not accurate. THis one does body fat and weight and meashures in .2 lb - so I am hoping it will be ok. For those who weigh at home whay type of scale do you use?

campbellredhead
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM
I made it to onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!1

chantelle_zzz
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Congratulations Campbellredhead (is that what I should call you?)

sunshine
08-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Good for you, Red! Getting to onederland is onederful!

Chantelle - It's quicker to tell you the foods I DON'T like than my favorites. I don't care for the soups, sweet and sour chicken, or the lentils and beef. I always substitute something else for them. Everything else, I like. We, too, bought a new scale not too long ago that is very accurate but I can't remember what the brand is. It sounds alot like the new one you have.

HarleyMom
08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Well the bump up of calories worked down 2 lbs this week. :carrot: Congrats on your loss CRed!

I am headed to Strugis for bike week for 5 days no JC for me. Oh I hope I do OK. I've done it in the past so hopefully things will go OK.

I like the frozen foods and usually only get them when I go to my Centre. But I know some of the other things are OK too. I just prefer the frozen.

Take care fellow JC Chicks and Keep on Keep'n on.

ArtGirl
08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Is it time for Sturgis again? Wow, does time fly! Say hi to the Roho reps. :) I work there and know that these guys work real hard setting things up like Sturgis. Have fun! I'm sure you'll do great!

Congrats Red! I hope to be there with you someday soon.

Welcome Chantelle!

Congrats Angie!

Woohoo! You go Girls! lol

HDStreetBob
08-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Harley! Can you stand in front of the camera for us one day and wave??? I will be watching Sturgis on my laptop this year....

The camera is across the street from Gunners :)

chantelle_zzz
08-04-2006, 12:33 AM
My parents are doing Strugis again this year too. They always come back with lots of fun stories and pictures. Have a great time.

sunshine
08-04-2006, 07:10 AM
How do you like JC so far, chantelle? I go in for my weekly weigh-in around noonish today so I'm excited about that. I usually don't eat breakfast on my weigh-in day. I save a strawberry or honey oat bar for that day and eat it with my lunch! I also try to wear the lightest clothes possible!!

sunshine
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
I lost 1.8 lbs this week! Whoo Hoo! I'm over half way there!

ArtGirl
08-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Congrats Sunshine!
Their point thing confuses me... but they said I'm down 6.8 lbs since I started and I lost another 2 this last week. :D

chantelle_zzz
08-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Great job Sunshine!

So far I am liking JC. I could not eat the s&s chicken last night. Yuck. Everything else I have tried I have liked. I have been eating extra fruit but withing the amounts they limited me to. I have an appt on Monday at the clinic so I guess that will be my first official weigh in and meashurments. Everyone I have delt with over the phone has been great. I have been doing my exercise everyday so far. I also ordered the Turbo Jam that was mentioned. It sounds like something I will like.

Have a great weekend everyone.

sunshine
08-05-2006, 09:19 AM
ArtGirl - what point thing are you talking about? I didn't know JC used any kind of point system but congratulations on your loss. Way to go!

Chantelle - I don't like the s&s chicken either. Let us know how your weigh-in goes and keep up the exercise.

ArtGirl
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Rather than whole lbs they go by points and round or something.... I'm like ok was that 2 or 3 lbs then? LoL

BluebirdLu
08-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi all,

I just joined Jenny Craig today, so really no nothing about the foods or the points you are talking about. I am on the Jenny Direct program because it is farther than I want to drive to get to the nearest JC Center. I am supposed to get a call from a Counselor tomorrow, since I joined on Sunday. I will ask about the points versus pounds thing.

I am really looking forward to getting started on this. I am so frustrated with not being able to lose weight and keep it off on my own.

This Jenny Craig forum/thread seems interesting and I will keep reading.

sunshine
08-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Welcome Bluebird! You're going to love JC. I tried for so long to lose weight on my own but I just ended up gaining! The thing that keeps me motivated is the weekly weigh-in. I need that accountability but if you can stay motivated by weighing in on your own, you're a better person than I am!!

The food is great for being prepackaged and so easy to prepare. I think that's my favorite part.

Let us know how you like the program once you get started.

chantelle_zzz
08-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Welcome Bluebird. I live 3 hours away from the center so I will mostly be doing it like you but will be going once a month. So far I love it. I have always had food issues from both extreams so I have never learnt how to eat. The portion control is a great thing for me.

So far I am liking it. Most of the food has been good. I did not like the s&s chicken or the potato soup, there was one other thing to but I can not remember right now. I am looking forward to my appt tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes. My scale at home is also in lbs broken down to .2 of a pound so for me that part will be nothing new.

campbellredhead
08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Hello ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems like you all are doing well!!!!!
I"m so glad!!!!!!!
*hugs*
Jenny

sunshine
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi Jenny...it looks like you're doing pretty good yourself! Are you losing so much weight because the NS food is so bad?? I'm just teasing..I know it can't be all that bad or so many people wouldn't be doing it. Keep up the good work and keep checking in here.

HarleyMom
08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Hello JC Chicks. Got back for Sturgis what a crazy place. I donít know how I did while I was gone as I had to cancel my weigh in appointment last night because dd had volleyball practice. I guess I will go in the next couple of days. I think I did OK. No telling until I jump on those scales.

When you weigh in they tell you lbs and ounces lost. That is where the point comes from. So I will usually weigh in with a loss of maybe 1.3 lbs or 2.1 something like that. So it is pretty exact on the weight loss thing.

Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic. Keep on Keepín on JC chicks!

chantelle_zzz
08-10-2006, 01:23 AM
My appt went well. I was down 4 lbs. But today was a bad eating day and no working out. I am so mad at myself right now. Only one week and I already broke the plan for a da, what is wrong with me. Back at it tomorrow.

sunshine
08-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Chantelle - don't worry about one day, my goodness. Like you said, you'll be right back at it. Congratulations on the 4 lbs lost. Now that's something to celebrate!

BluebirdLu
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
HI all,

It looks like everyone is losing weight here. That is great!

I got my first Jenny Craig food delivery today. So tomorrow I start! I also get my first real counselor call tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. Big day tomorrow!!!

I got my new water bottle today too, a really nice one from FlyLady. I got the plain blue one. It is a nice size, wider on the bottom so not tippy and has the coolest rubberized plastic straw and the cover is dome shaped and closes by sliding down over the straw. I never saw anything like it before.The top is wide enough to put full sized ice cube inside. And the thing I really got it for was the sturdy plastic hook-ring under the screw off top. I can clip it to my purse, back or fanny pack, belt, etc. for hands free carrying.

Well, I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow.

Nightkatt
08-11-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi there everyone
I must have missed this post when I was surfing cos I was starting to think no one was doing JC!! rofl .. I started 3 weeks ago tomorrow and have so far lost 15lbs as of my weigh in day which is today (as I am doing it long distance too) :)

I am allergic to tomatoes and mushrooms so I have a lot of limits for my dinners lol .. but I have my faves .. we dont have S&S Chicken over here tho .. I love the Shepherds Pie and Macaroni Cheese .. and really love the Choc Caramel crunch .. and my fave breakfast is the porridge lol.

I too have just ordered Turbo Jam .... in fact it was about 6 hours ago! I read someone mention it last week on 3FC and wondered what it was.. but when I looked it up I couldnt find any that sold in NZ so thought oh darn ..wont be able to get it ... BUT today I saw it on TV on a channel I rarely watch in the first ad break (which is usually when I get up and go do something lol) .. so I got on the phone and rang up for it before the ad even finished :) Im looking forward to getting it .. just hope I can get co-ordinated lol.

Anyway .. hope its ok if I stop in here .. its nice to understand what people are talking about with their eating plans lol .. although I wouldnt have a clue about the points thing .. so Hi from me in New Zealand and good day to all of you :)

sunshine
08-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Welcome Nightkatt and congrats on your 15 lbs lost! I never thought about JC having different meals for different parts of the world but it sure makes sense, doesn't it? I'd like to try the Shepherd's Pie!

Let us know how you like the food - Bluebirdlu. There's not too much not to like! Hope your new water bottle makes you want to drink, drink, drink!

I have my weekly weigh-in around noon today and I should hit the 30 lbs. I'm excited about that. I started this journey on May 13, so I think I've done well so far.

Nightkatt
08-11-2006, 11:43 PM
How did you do sunshine???

Today I went out and bought a bunch of exercise gear - bike pants, tee shirts (just for exercise), socks and sneakers, oh and 2 x 1lb hand weights for when my turbo jam arrives .. so Im going to be all set to go :)

I had my fave JC lunch today .. baked potato (half) with cheese and broccoli, salad and some lean ham .. with orange juice to finish it off .. tonight its Minestrone soup and my mini meat serve is a treat for me .. smoked salmon!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Bluebird Im sure you will LOVE your new eating programme :)

Katt

sunshine
08-12-2006, 02:12 AM
I lost 1.8 lbs this week...thanks for asking Katt. Yeah!

I have not tried the baked potato yet but I hear it's pretty good. I also have heard that the new chicken carbonaro (I don't know how to spell it) is really good. I think the next time I go in, I'll try their new meals.

Nightkatt
08-12-2006, 04:31 AM
Boy ... you definitely get different menus to us lol .. we dont have S&S Chicken OR Chicken Carbonara! We do have Chicken Fettucini ... unfortunately for me its the only chicken meal we have which I can eat (cos the others either have mushroom/tomato in and Im allergic to both lol).

Great work on your loss this week too! Very well done!

Huggies

skinnylala
08-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello fellow Jenny gals. This is my first post on 3fc. I've been reading for a couple of weeks and decided to rejoin JC. Last year I tried it, but lost all structure when we went on vacation after just a month on the plan.

I live only a couple of miles from the center, so I consider myself lucky. I never considered having to do it remote. The staff was very warm on my return and I was pleased at a much reduced rejoin fee.

I love the cereal, pizza's and think the salad dressings are the best low-cal dressings available. I'm getting ready to have my cereal and go to the gym. I'm looking forward to chatting with yall - offering support and leaning on occassion also.

I'm determine to make goal this time. :carrot:
Strenth to all!!!!

Lala

ArtGirl
08-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I picked one of those chicken carbonara things while I was in yesterday. Sounded pretty good to me too. But now I'm wanting salmon. :P

I lost 7.5" total and another 2.8 lbs! I was hoping for more by today, but I'm more than happy with ten lbs lost. :D I graduate from college today! :carrot:
Went out celebrating with family last night. Grandma, Mom, Aunt, three cousins, and my sister. I couldn't get away with just one beer, though. (Luckily I was ordering Mich Ultra Lite.) I had like 4 or 5, and handed the keys to my 18 yo cousin after beer two. Of course, they all outdid me in drinks because my young cousin and I were the last two there, so we went to 'breakfast' at 1 am. *L* They are too funny. I kept it as simple as I could. I had Honey Nut Cheerios with toast and hot tea. Overall, I think I did well, but I'm still feeling really guilty about it.

Now I don't know if I should have a JC breakfast, or the vitamin thing.

:carrot: Congratulations to all you losers! *L* Keep going! :carrot:

sunshine
08-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Welcome Skinny! Congratulations on making the decision to go back to JC.

Congratulations ArtGirl on losing 10 lbs. Yeah! And more congratulations on graduating from college! WOW!

Don't feel guilty about going off the plan for one evening. My husband and I go out to eat every Friday night (I weigh-in on Fridays) and then I have all week to make up for it. I've lost every single week. Let us know how you like the carbonara.

sunshine
08-15-2006, 07:05 AM
How is everyone doing? Eating right and exercising? GREAT! (I assumed you said "Yes"!)

ArtGirl
08-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I had that chicken carbonara thing for lunch yesterday and it was great. It has peas, chicken, tube noodles, with alfredo sauce. Yummy.
I tested the scale at work to the one at JC's and they match up so, I checked to make sure I didn't kill my weekend with the cake and drinking. I've lost another pound! Woohoo!
Thanks for the congrats, Sunshine. I'm glad it's over.... Now on to the Bachelor's. :D

sunshine
08-19-2006, 07:31 AM
How is everyone doing? I lost another lb. this week. I also brought home the new carbonara meal which I'll try sometime this week. Hopefully, I'll get some hiking in today, either that or go to the Y.

BluebirdLu
08-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, i had my first weigh-in today. Actually, since I am on Jenny Direct, I did it myself. I lost 5 pounds, shich is a goood start. I still have liked all the food so far.

I did go off my Jenny diet today though, because I went to my former principal's house for brunch. I didn't go wild and eat my usual amount, so I think I am okay. Tomorrow I'll go back on the straight and narrow! LOL

How is everyone else doing? I notice some of you are really getting into the excercise. I wish I could do that too, but my arthritis limits me. I can do more than I do mow though. I need to start doing something every day.

God Bless,
BluebirdLu

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but5/lb/250/135/245/.png

sunshine
08-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Congratulations on the 5 lbs Bluebird! And I think you did great by not eating as much as you usually would have at brunch. Way to go!

ArtGirl
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Congrats Bluebird! You know, light activity such as housecleaning is still exercise. Mowing the grass, is too. :)

I need to bike some this week. The doc put me back on the pill and so I started my menstruation cyle yesterday. :S Not liking it, and I'm all crampy. Thinking about walking though. I can't see sitting on that bike right now. *L*

campbellredhead
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
that is an awesome idea Sunshine, cheat on the night of your weigh in, i did that when i was pregnant!!!!!!!!
*hugs*

I cheated yesterday and today aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
not like oh yeah i'm enjoying more stress.....

Gotta get on the ball here....
*hugs*
JEnny

sunshine
08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Good to hear from you, Jenny! You're doing very well (even with cheating). Jump right back in the program!

I got an hour on the elliptical last night and plan to do an hour on the treadmill tonight.

How is everyone else doing??

BluebirdLu
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks to all for the supportive comments about my first weigh-in and losing 5 pounds. I didn't stay away from the desserts at the party on Sat. the next day after my weigh-in and on Sun. I was up 2 pounds. :(

Then I worked to get in more water every day and move my body more. Today, Tues, I weighed again and I am down from my weigh-in weight of 245.6 to 243.8! That IS good news to me!!! Although these tenths of pounds still confuse me. I have to stop and think how many pounds I really am losing or gaining.

But I do know that I lost the weight I gained on Sat. and a couple pounds more. Hopefully I can keep it gone and maybe more, by Friday! :carrot:

I hope everyone else is doing well this week. Bye for now--
BluebirdLu

http://www.ketoforum.de/diet-ticker/pic/weight_loss/1688/.png

sunshine
08-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Congrats Bluebird!!

kmb73brwr
08-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello ladies, I joined Jenny Craig about 6 weeks ago and a friend recommended 3fc to me, so here I am. I've enjoyed reading all the comments and everyone seemed so positive and supportive. Congrats to everyone on their success.

~kmb

sunshine
08-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Welcome kmb...and congratulations on your loss of 22 lbs. Don't you just love the program AND the food? I have some cousins that live in the Tulsa area.

I lost another lb. this week. Woo Hoo!

ArtGirl
08-26-2006, 10:30 AM
The fundage is low, and commissions are at a standstill.... Does anyone have an idea about how to stay on the JC eating without the costly food? Even if I prepared the meals myself, I think it'd rack up a hefty grocery bill. Help? Please.

sunshine
08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
If you calorie count and just keep at whatever calorie level JC had you, you'll be fine. It just takes more work to keep track of everything, but I know you can do it! Hang in there.

kmb73brwr
08-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I lost 2.6 lbs this week.:D

Congrats on losing another pound Sunshine.

sunshine
08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Way to go, kmb. Fantastic job!

I'm sitting here on my lunch break eating a southwestern burrito...boy, is it good!

sunshine
08-31-2006, 05:29 AM
How is everyone doing? Where are you?????

My scales show I've lost 2 lbs this week but my official weigh in is tomorrow.

Since this thread has so many pages, I was thinking of starting a new one for September and then have one a month for us to post in. Sound like a good idea?

kmb73brwr
09-04-2006, 01:03 PM
This week I lost 3.4 lbs. Only 5 more lbs and 5 weeks to reach my first mini goal. Congrats Sunshine on your 2 lb loss. That is awesome. :cheer:

How is everyone else doing?