Old 05-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #1  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default I have a question...

I have a question for those of you have lost significantly. I joined this weight loss journey January 2nd of this year, with a goal of losing 114lbs. Before starting I feared what would happen to my skin (hearing and seeing some stories on TV). So far I have lost 43.5lbs. and have no complaints, so far! I do see some slackness, or less elasticity and my sister loves to point out that the "girls" are saggier (nothing a new bra wouldn't fix!). I was wondering if you all have some experiences you could share with me and enlighten me. Any advice or pointers? And does the flappy on your arm go away too? How do you tighten and tone that?

Thanks for hearing me out and I'd appreciate any response!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #2  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Hi Ladylai, First I'd like to say congratulations on such an amazing loss!! 44 pounds in the last 5 months?? That is just amazing!!

I don't have any advice about this, as I'm just starting my journey. But I'm very curious to see what others say!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #3  
Working on 'Project Me'

Thanks MtaTJac..we'll learn together!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 AM   #4  

People's experience varies. I have only lost 64lbs so far, and notice it on my thighs and tummy. It's better than the fat was, so I'll live with it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

This is the best source of info, the loose skin thread on the Maintainers forum.

If you're not already, start weight training. I am convinced that helps a bit, although some may disagree with me, and I certainly have no signs of problems with my arms, yet. Although it may happen........

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congrats on your weight loss!

"I do see some slackness, or less elasticity and my sister loves to point out that the "girls" are saggier"

Yes. This is what has occured with me (and I can only speak from my experience, other people have no problems at all!). But to the point that I am getting a tummy tuck next month and have lipo and breast augmentation planned for the next year. But don't worry, it is better to be healthier and thinner with slack skin than heavier with streched skin.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations on the weight loss! Thats great! Keep up the good work!

Pre-pregnancy, I had lost close to 80lbs and noticed some looser skin but nothing that would require any surgery. I know others have experienced much more dramatic excess skin. I think it just depends on each individual. No two bodies are exactly like and so we all fare differently.

As I said, I had some, at 80lbs lost-- I think if I'd lost 40 pounds more, I would have noticed it more significantly. I'd be too scared to do anything about it if I had it anyway I think!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

First of all, I'd rather be fit, healthy and a big saggy than obese but filling out my skin. And the only way you'll know exactly how it will affect you is by getting to your goal and seeing. Everyone is different.

But, as for how it affects me. My arms are pretty toned and there's not a great deal of sagginess there. The same with my thighs. My boobs are smaller and a bit saggy, but there's not a great deal there to sag to make much of a difference - they were never exactly big to start with so there isn't much skin to be affected!

My stomach is the interesting one. I go through phases. Sometimes I think it looks saggy, then it seems to tighten up a bit again. All that I can put it down to is the fact that I'm still losing and toning up, and I haven't settled at this weight yet. Sometimes it takes the skin a while to catch up with the fat I've lost, and at the moment it's in a relatively good mood. That's not to say that it's entirely firm and flat, or that it couldn't be improved with surgery, but it's passable. I'm going on holiday next week, and I will be wearing a bikini, so it can't be too horrendous!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #8  
mummy of one

hello and congratulations on yourweight loss

i have lost over 5 stones so far think it works out about 75 pounds and i was worrying about all the loose skin that i might have.....

i have noticed that the skin on the tops of my arms is really loose now and really quite horrible to me to the point that i wont wear sleveless tops....and my breasts are alot more saggy (i have invested in a few new bras which have made me feel better about that one.....as they are smaller in size ) also the skin at the tops of my legs is quite loose but i think it still looks better now a little loose than it did before i went on my journey to lose weight

and the plus point is my tummy....i tend to carry most of my weight on my legs and my bottom so my tummy was just a little like a pot belly lol so it looks quite good now

anyhow i would rather have just these little complaints than have the 5+ stone on again as i feel so much better now
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #9  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Wonderful to have you Scottie

Can you tell me how many pounds are in a stone? I've always wondered...and never found out

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #10  
Knowledge is Power

S/C/G: 224/please see ticker/145

Height: 5' 4"

14 lbs per stone

Here's a stones to pounds weight converter:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/we...-to-pounds.htm
and pounds to stones:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/we...-to-stones.htm
london_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #11  
Working on 'Project Me'

Hey ladies, thanks for all your compliments! I appreciate all of you speaking in cases of your own aswell. I know we can't judge ourselves by what has happened to others....but it helps to know that someone else out there, is or has been, going through the experiences the same as yourself. We're (by no means) not alone in this. Your link kykaree was very enlightening, thank you!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thank you

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote