Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Height: 5'3

Default Need Advice/help/pointers!

Hi everyone!

I need help from all those who reached thier goal weight or lost some pounds so far. I can't seem to maintain a 7 lb loss and it makes me wonder how those who shed half thier initial size could do it.

I'm also really curious how you did it, what was it like, how long did it take? Was it hard? Did you enjoy the process that took from start to finish? How do you mantain your weight? What method are you using (counting calories, points, following SBD, atkins??) Did you excercise everyday, still do?

Any pointerrs, tips or advice you can give me?

Eeek! I know I'm asking so much, but I'm really curious and knowing what people who have succesfully lost weight and kept it off did to shed those pounds will sort of motivate me/help me out knowing that I can see the results of a good diet.

Thank you so much for your time and I would GREATLY appreciate any of your stories!
Kelendria_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I haven't lost half my body weight, but I have lost 35 lbs. For what it's worth, here's how I've done it: logging EVERYTHING I eat and counting calories using an on-line food diary. This is the single most important thing for me. I know some people can do it without keeping a calorie log, but as soon as I stop keeping track of my calories I start gaining. It's sometimes a pain the neck, but it's vital for me to do it. It's so easy to go over by 200 or 300 calories a day and that's all it takes for me to start gaining again!

I'm consuming approx. 1600 calories a day, which I find is easier to do than an extremely low cal diet where I might lose faster but probably wouldn't stick to for long. I try not to eat too many "empty" carbs like white flour, rice and sugar. I don't eat too many processed foods and when we eat out I always take half home (two meals for the price of one!)

I work out 3x a week at Curves. I get a lot of good ideas and support from this forum.

I have been stalled for a few weeks, but this has happened before and then I'll suddenly lose two or three pounds. I don't lose at the same rate each week like some people. This can be a bit frustrating, but I know that if I keep on plan I will eventually start losing again.

Wishing you success in your weight loss efforts
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I am just starting to try to maintain instead of lose. I still exercise a lot everyday. I'm now trying to find that magic point of eating just enough. Good luck!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Height: 5'3

Wow! Congrats to you both on your amazing weight loss!

It really is frustrating sometimes when you hit the scale, feeling like your lighter but then see that you have not lost anything! Anyway, I used to count calories before but it took over my life and gradually rendered me miserable. I was so afraid of having more than I allowed my self (1200) to the point that I had very little to eat and was proud of myself when I under-ate. It's definetly something that didn't work for me. The numbers would just go through my head at every bit of food I looked at, be it healthy or not. Well...looking on the bright side, calculating all my daily consumption helped me out with my horrible math

Hope you girls reach your goals and congrats once again for reaching so far!
Kelendria_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have lost 80 lbs. so far on Atkins. I follow the plan closely with only 20-25 carbs daily. I walk 1.5 miles at least 6 times a week on treadmill. It has taken me 10 months and I am 9 lbs. from goal. I am now losing only 3 or 4lbs. a month and that is OK. I knew the weight loss would slow down the closer I got to goal. I truly believe that most any plan will work as long as you stick to it. I know that this will be my way of eating for life, and I can live with this. I also believe that exercise has helped me as much in this endeavor as the food plan.Good luck and best wishes to you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote