Old 05-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #1  
Susan hockeyfan7

Default Hair Growth

Is anyone else finding that they have to get their hair cut twice as often? Since I started eating healthier, I have to get mine cut every 4 weeks and by the end of the 4th week, it's really shaggy.

The hairdresser says it's all the protein - protein makes your hair grow.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

I need to eat more protein then! I've not noticed it.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

yup, .....for me, it needs to be coloured more often. By the 3rd week, Im ready for another touchup!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Mine appear alot healthier now, but at one time it was falling out in handfulls.
Anyone ever have that falling out in handfulls happen?
Just curious.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Mine has grown very quickly too while on Atkins. I am needing it cut again now. I was wanting to hit maintenance first and reward myself with a cut and hi-lights, but don't think I'll be able to wait that long.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarra
Mine appear alot healthier now, but at one time it was falling out in handfulls.
Anyone ever have that falling out in handfulls happen?
Just curious.
Yes!!!! especially when I am not eating properly. By the handfuls it falls out. Eating the atkins way, then falling off the wagon for a day or 4, starts the falling out.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #7  

Same here. I only needed it cut every other month, and now i'm up to every 4 weeks. Really makes a difference.. Same with skin. I have noticed a softness and even tone that I didn't have before. Thanks for pointing it out Susan. I never really thought about it before.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

Kim who was here for awhile, started having her hair fall out by the handfulls when she was on Atkins the first time. She was getting really worried by it as I recall. She was on induction for most of her losing time and was losing weight really rapidly, I think it was about 6 months into it that she started losing her hair. It happens.

I lost hair a few times in my life, like that. Once when I was very young and once later on. I fasted fairly often when I was young, I'm not sure if that was the reason for it. Usually no more than 3 days at a time, but I can't say that I knew the reason for hair loss then. The other time I can't say why it happened, but I don't think it was weight loss that caused it.

Rapid weight loss WILL cause hair loss though sometimes and in some people.

Regarding hair growth. I've always had a lot of hair and it has always grown really fast. I measured it once, and noticed that it grows about an inch a month through the summer months. Slows down sometimes during the winter so that my hair growth for the year was about 9 inches.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I have lost hair twice with rapid weight loss during Atkins. Thankfully it seems to level off and grow back just not as full as before.
And Falon my skin is always blotchy, easily irritated, and pimply.... unless I'm eating low carb and then it is smoth and even colored.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh man, when I did Atkins ealier this year my hair was lush and thick ( with a few grays in there!) I really need to get back to this way of eating.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote