Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default May Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)

April's gone (speaking of April, where is our Apryl?) and it's May! So it's time for some May NSVs. Anybody?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Here's a biggie for me--out of the last 7 days, I have been to the gym 5 times!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #3  
Aleecia

That's awesome Jen! Good Job!

I have a NSV. On lunch today I went shopping for a new spring jacket. I was able to buy one a size smaller. Even better is that I also bought a pair of pants that were a size 20. And I know some might think we'll that's still a big size however, for me this is a big deal. 12 weeks ago hubby and I went to Las Vegas, all of the pants I took on the trip were a size 24. So for me I abslutely thrilled. Buying new clothes always makes me feel good, especially when its a smaller size.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hubby's out of work so I'm trying not to buy new clothes... but today I fit into an old top for the first time in years, and it's a 14/16! (fits great!) The first anything of that size I fit into... yes, yes, I realize the top might actually be an odd size, and I'm not really a 14/16, but I'm taking it!!

And Angel, I'm a size 20 pant too! Congrats!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #5  

Great job everybody!

I have an NSV for the first time in what seems like a verrrry long time. So, I managed to gain 8 pounds. I stopped myself right there. This is big for me since I've never even acknowledged a gain in past weight loss attempts much less tried to do anything about it. Anyway, I maintained for a bit, got fed up and I am happy to report that I am back 110% and feeling great. I know that is sort of a scale victory (it is moving in the right direction again) but, honestly, I am more excited about getting my groove back and proving that I CAN manage the occasional gain instead of letting myself become the "old me" again.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #6  

Lucky -- Yay for you!!!! I find stories like that to be soo motivating, because although I'm in a good groove now, I know that in a lifelong journey I am liable to have bumps like yours along the way. They terrify me. So I want and need to hear successes just like that to know that a full slide back the way I came is not inevitable once it starts!!!!!

Thank you for posting!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #7  
Winning by Losing

S/C/G: 263/208/150

Height: 5'8"

Ok, when I started I was wearing an 18 from The Avenue (plus sized store). They were rather tight and uncomfortable when I started. I could hardly move in them and they are stretch pants - yikes! Anyway, they are now loose on me, and I can pull them down without unbuttoning them first *yay*.

I also have a pair of 16s from the same place, which I got too big for, and they now fit pretty comfy! Now, they too are stretch pants, with a slightly different cut, so they cling some, but I can MOVE in them! I don't feel like it's cutting me in half, and I can sit comfortably in them. It's great to be able to wear those again.

Mens size pants, I wear a 40, so before I was probably in a 42 or maybe even up to a 44 - ugh! But I don't know for sure. I do know I was up to at least a 42. I can now pull up the 38s all the way, but I have a ways to go yet to be able to button those bad boys. Still a victory though because for awhile I couldn't even get them up my thighs all the way, much less over my butt!
karistiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Your NSVs are all so inspiring--thanks for sharing them!! Keep 'em coming.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

Yesterday the trainer at the gym said she could already see a big difference in my body! I like that!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I made a pretty big financial committment in myself by joining herbal magic. It was a real dilemna for me to spend that money - but dammit- I'm worth it!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

It's me again! We use on of those water coolers with the huge bottles of water at work. Two weeks ago I couln't lift one to put it on without help. Yesterday, I did it all by myself!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #12  
Will work for yarn!

Yesterday one of my girlfriends said that I look like I'm getting toned up. I see her at least once a week, so it was nice that she noticed.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV's so far!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #13  

I'm finding muscles! I've never had muscles before! (well, duh, I mean, obviously I have muscles, but you know what I mean )

I feel like I took a leap of faith, but this weight training really works!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I just started so my nsv may seem small, but here goes. I was at my mom's yesterday and she had pizza and soda pop set out. I was getting hungry, so instead of reaching for either of those, I had a glass of water and then went home. I made it through the first real temptation of the first week. I think with flying colors. Yeah!!!!
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #15  
Shairing her ESH...

Great job Trish!!

I have another NSV. My co-worker is a world-class baker. She is famous for her chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. She made THREE of them to share with everyone in honor of several birthdays in May. I made it through yesterday without having a single piece! There is still one whole cake left in the break room, but I'm able to resist it right now! Basically I just told myself: "This isn't the last chocolate cake she will ever make, so you don't need to eat it right now. Next time, you can have a piece."

THEN...when "next time" comes around, I'll give myself the same talk!