Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/179/130

Default Late Night Eatting Help

I am having a problem with eatting at night, it isn't because I am hungry it is just habit and it is a bad habit. Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution to avoid eatting at night.
canadiancutiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/170/140

Height: 5'8"

What I do so that I dont snack at nite is put a picture on the fridge of what I want to look like...and I tell myself that if I eat something its just setting me back farther from my goal, Thats what seemes to work for me
StarRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 AM   #3  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I am a horrible binge eater at night. I mean horrible! In fact, tonight I have a stomach ache (not from eating, just getting a bug or something) and I decided "Hey, I'll eat something, maybe that'll make my stomach ache go away!" And of course, now I feel worse... and to add guilt on top of that
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 AM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I have the same problem. I am usally able to just ignore it and drink some water. On those certain nights where I just cant handle it I make one of those 100 calorie bags of popcorn. It takes awhile to eat and isnt' too bad for you.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 AM   #5  

I get that a lot. I try distracting myself - doing something else with my hands - I play on the computer, cuddle my fella or I'm building a model car! You could also go out to the cinema and just make sure you walk past the sweets on the way in.

Failing that I let myself snack but something low cal - strawberries, raspberries and grapes - is my fav snack.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  

I try to plan my fourth meal for the evening- between 8-10 pm depending on how late I stay up. I usually have a lunch type meal- tuna stuffed into half a pita with some fruit or berries on the side. Most often that satisfies me, but some nights I have to really fight myself not to continue eating.

I just tell myself: you have reached your calorie limit for the day over and over again. The hardest word to learn is NO (just like kids).
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #7  

I have three kids so the only time I can really sit down and enjoy and uninterrupted meal or snack is after they've gone to bed. I just save enough calories for that time. If I happen not to have enough calories to spare I'll have a cup of hot tea and keep myself busy (usually a jigsaw puzzle because it keeps my hands and my mind occupied) or I just go on to bed.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote