WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Weigh-In Results for May

View Full Version : Thursday Weigh-In Results for May

Tina
05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
It's May. What do they say---April showers bring May flowers!!!!!
I even had bluebonnets come up this year. Everything is beautiful.
It's time to get ready for summer and you know what that means........bathing suits or bikinis. :o :o :o

Be sure to post your scale results here.

Tina
:flow1:

Tina
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
This doesn't sound like me-----I'm so looking forward to Thursday's weigh-in. :lol: :lol:
I am committed (well, you all knew I should be :D ) to losing weight so my new bathing suit fits better. Yes, I went out and bought one before the trip.
Good luck to us all.

Tina
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I am the only person posting here so far! Come on group!!!

Great news on this front------I'm down 3 pounds.
My new tracker has started moving.

mom36
05-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Yesterday was my first day of WW (well, in 15 years anyway). My starting weight is 214. The most I've ever weighed. Ugh. Now it's time to say goodbye to the excess.

Tina
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Terry---:welcome:

You've made the right decision to get back to a healthy lifestyle. We are all in the boat together. This is a great group!!!!!
Come on over to the Thursday Chatter thread and talk.

Tina

friendlykat4u
05-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Tina & Terry! I've been doing WW for about 7 weeks now, I'm doing it on my own since I saved previous material I had. It's the point system with no flex points, it was called Winning Points back then. So far so good, although Cinco de Mayo party at work didn't help me Friday, but I'm back on track today.

I usually weigh myself on Fridays, let's hope I do ok this coming Friday with my little slip up! :o

suzieqhoney
05-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi, my name is Suzette and I have been on Weigh Watchers. This is the end of my third week on plan. So far, I have lost a total of 11 pounds. Before I started WW I had already lost 11 pounds by counting calories and following the diet from Discovery Health Channel Body Challange. I am committing myself to changing the way I eat and also getting exercise on an almost daily basis.

I live in the subarbs of Philadelphia, married with one child. I work full time, however the company I work for is cutting hours.

I am looking and hoping to find a weight loss buddy online for support and motivation.

Tina
05-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome

friendlykat4u, I used to do the Winning Points, too. Congrats on being OP for 7 weeks!!! Please come back and let us know how you're doing.

Suzette, You've come to the right place for support and friendship. :D It sounds like you're well on your way now. That's fantastic.

I am the mother of a grown son. I'm not working at the present time but plan on going back into the rat race pretty soon. I'm a Lifetimer who needs to get back to goal weight.
Welcome again!!!!!!

exquisitern
05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi!
I weighed in 5/4/06 and lost another 2.8 lbs. I feel good and even fit into a smaller set of clothes, which made me feel even better.
I'm doing the points system and I walk 3.5 miles 3 days a week.

friendlykat4u
05-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Congrats exquisitern! :) Way to go! Doesn't it feel great when your clothes start fitting better? Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Tina, the 7 weeks have gone by fast and I'm very happy with my progress. It gets tough some days, but I'm hanging in there! :)

Wow Suzette you're doing great too! Welcome to 3FC you're going to love it here. I know I do! :)

Tina
05-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Welcome - exquisitern!!!!! We're so glad you're here with us.
I love your exercise regime.
Keep it up.

auntie
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Ya'll are doing great! Keep up the good work. Make sure that you come over to our Thursday Chatters thread. We chit chat over there and post our loss over here. Well sometimes we just chat and forget to post our updates. I'm hoping for a loss this week but don't know if I'll have one since i'm on antibiotics. We'll see come Thursday.

mom36
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
My first weigh in this morning. Down 1.4lbs! Not much, but at least the scale is finally moving in the right direction ;-)

Tina
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

:bravo: Terry :bravo: That's a good start. Not everyone has a giant loss the first time. I always like a giant loss :D but that can give you a false sense of getting one each time. Keep up the great work!!!

friendlykat4u, I hope you have a good weigh-in. Can't wait for you to post!

exquisitern, how's it going? Are you still walking as much or more?

Suzette, I hope you had a good OP week and a great weigh-in.

Susan, Tammy, Sis, Joybell, Maureen, Mimi, and everyone - let us hear from you.

I had an itsey bitsy loss this week----- .2 lbs. gone. :lol: Hey, I'll take it.

Tina

exquisitern
05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi all!!!
Terry-Good loss!!! Keep up the good work!
Friendlykat- I saw a not on another post that you have a really supportive DH!! That's wonderful!! Maybe one day I will have a DH!!! Any way, I keep my toes crossed!!! lol
Tina- I have been so pumped exercising!!! I think it's addicting!!! Anyway I have walked 3 1/2 miles for the last 7 days in a row and this morning I got out this exercise video and did 40 minutes, I worked up a little sweat there.
Auntie and Suzette-Good luck to you!!!
I go to weigh in at 4:00pm, so I'll have to report in tomorrow. I hope I lost a 1-2 pounds. I had a couple of splurge meals (Banana pudding was irresistable!) this week so I hope they didn't do me in, but if they did, I'm still moving on.
Everyone keep up the good work!!!

friendlykat4u
05-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi all! :)

Way to go Terry & Tina! :cp:

Exquisitern good luck this afternoon, let us know how you make out. Yes, I have a wonderful DH. He doesn't have as much weight to lose as I do, but he says he's sticking with it as long as we need to. Oh and I'll keep my toes crossed for you too! ;)

I weigh myself tomorrow morning... :eek: I'll let you all know how I did b/c I had a couple of bad days since my last weigh in! :halfempty:

friendlykat4u
05-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I lost 1 lb! :D It could've been worse, having 2 bad days since last weigh in, I'm happy and relieved! :D

fat1outof3
05-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm glad to see new people have joined this forum. Welcome friendlykat4u, exquisitern, suzieqhoney, mom36 and anyone else who has decided to join. I hope everyone had a good week.

I think I'm on my second wind. For the last month, I haven't been really good with journaling but I'm determined to get back on track. This week I finally broke the 200 lb mark. I lost 5.6 lbs this week. Phew! I can't remember the last time I was below 200. I think that's what I needed to get the extra push to keep going.

Good luck to everyone. I'm so glad that there is a website like this that is so supportive.

mom36
05-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks Donna, Karla & Tina. :flow2:

Karla & Tina, it looks like y'all are in my boat; slowly moving in the right direction. Seems like I remember from last time I did WW, my boat was always slow, but thankfully, it usually moved in the right direction. It also moved slower the closer to goal I got. Course, I'm nowhere near that right now. :cry: Oh well, water under the bridge. Just have to stick with it this time.

Congrats everyone on your loses. :cheer: fat1outof3, I'm so jealous. You've reached my Fourth of July goal!

exquisitern
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Wow, fat1out, what a great loss!!!! Congratulations
Friendlykat- congratulations on your loss, even with eating. I understand.

Well, when I stood on the scale it said I had lost 1.8#'s, which is great because I had a couple of meals that were big.

I'm going out of town tonight. We are going to a Renaissance Festival in Franklin, Tennessee. I'm going to eat Subway tonight when we are on the road and then try and stay low calorie tomorrow. I already worked out for 40 minutes this morning and will walk when I get home tomorrow night. I hope that helps.
Talk to ya'll later!!!

fat1outof3
05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks mom36 and exquisitern. I've been going to the gym for a few months now and sometimes no matter how hard you work, it doesn't seem to look like it helps, but it does. Any bit of movement helps. :running: What I worry about the most is losing all the weight and being really flabby.

I'm having a hard time looking at myself in the mirror and really noticing a difference. I grew up being told (and knowing) by my family that I was bigger than my sisters. I don't think I will be able to ever get over that, no matter how much weight I lose. I will always see myself as being fat.

I had my husband take pictures of me back in February and unfortunately they were deleted from the camera. I'm going to have to make him take new pics so that I can compare them from pictures in Dec. (my all time high).

Tina
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Wow, fat1outof3----Congratulations!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!:cp: :dance: :dance: :dancer: Keep it up.

exquisitern, that's a great loss. Have a blast at the Rennaissance Fair. I've never been to one of those. Subway is one of my favorite places. :)

Friendly, I'll take a pound loss every day. ;)

Who else has weighed in this week?

exquisitern
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Fat1out- I understand about not being able to tell a difference in yourself. I had a gastric bypass 10 years ago and lost 170lbs. It took me literally years to realize that I was not that 330 lb woman anymore. I could never look in the mirror and see the difference. Pictures help a lot. Too bad I didn't change my eating habits, because in the last 4 years I gained back to 214 #'s.. When I had to go to the store and buy size 20 clothes, I said "No More!" that's when I joined WW and I am at least back in size 18's again.
Keep up the great work!!

Noble1
05-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I weighed today and I lost one pound 138.

fat1outof3
05-12-2006, 12:52 PM
exquisitern, I commend you on your previous 170lb weight loss. I don't think many people realize how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. I've had weeks where I've thought, hey I'm doing good, I'm going to eat whatever I want and even if I gain a couple of pounds, that's ok. Well, when I gained 4.6 pounds in just one week and I freaked. :yikes:

It's so easy to go back to old habits. :hun: Good for you to realize that you want a healthier life for yourself. For me, it's a struggle every day to not eat my favorite fast food (Taco Bell, McDonalds, KFC), but then I really think about how far I've come and I don't want to have wasted all that time and energy on a burger. It's just not worth it.

exquisitern
05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes, it is easy to go to those old habits.
I make a variation of the WW taco soup that I just love and it's about 2 points a cup, loaded with vegetables and very filling. It makes a big ole pot and I eat it for lunch or dinner and add a salad and it's great!
We just have to find things that we love now and stick to our guns. I know exercising has always been a pain to me, but I'm sticking to it and walking every night and then doing an exercise video in the morning!
Good luck to all!

friendlykat4u
05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Congrats fat1out!!! I can't wait until I break the 200 lb mark myself, I'll be so happy! And I agree with you, this website is the best!

Terry as long as our boats are going in the right direction, even if it's slow I'll take it. We won't let these darn boats go backwards!!! :D LOL

Donna way to go, you did great too! Banana pudding and all huh? ;) Have fun at the festival. And you're doing great with your workouts too, for someone who is not crazy about exercise, like me, I know how hard it is to stick to it. I didn't know you had lost that much weight before, that's awesome! I know it's hard but you're doing great.

If anyone has a chance, go visit the maintainers forum. I go there often and it's really an eye opener. There are a lot of people there with such inspirational stories, like Meg, MrsJim, Mel, and so many others. It's definitely worth reading.

Tina, thanks, 1 lb is better than nothing, and even better than going in the wrong direction! :D

mom36
05-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Grrrrrr! :censored: Weigh in this am. Up .6lbs. :tantrum: I hate going up. Must do better this week. Must do better this week. Will do better this week.:yes:

Tina
05-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry about that, Terry.
You'll have a loss next week. :)

Noble1
05-18-2006, 04:34 PM
This week our granddaughter was married. We had company and this Sat. our granddaughter is graduatiing from High School. We have had lots of company, but all is going well. The weather is beautiful and I am looking forward to summer.
I am thankful to be a part of this group. It is such a joy to read about your lives. I am going to join the July challenge and try to have the 10 pounds gone by then.
The 25th of this month I will be starting a new Weight Class in my home. It will be a group of ladies from different churches. We will learn a Bible verse a week plus exchange recipes and encourage one another. I will encourage excerise, portion control, journaling, etc. We will not follow the WW Plan. I found a real good balanced healthy eating plan in Womon's Day magazine. I think we will use that as a guide line.
I weighed 138 today.
Have a great week!!!!!

Tina
05-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Joybell,
What a great weigh-in. I would LOVE to weigh 138. But, that's something I'll never weigh again. The last time I weighed that little, I was in my late 20's. :lol: :lol:
Your group sounds like fun. Our church did the religious diet once.

Good luck to everyone else who weighs this week.
:)

friendlykat4u
05-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Terry don't worry, you'll probably have a big loss next week! :hug:

Noble1 as long as you're doing something, it doesn't matter what plan you follow. Each person is different and as long as whatever you picked is working for you then keep doing it! :)

I weigh in tomorrow! :hyper:

friendlykat4u
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Another 1 lb gone! :D Ok, so I'll admit, I was a little disappointed, I wanted 2 lbs...lol. But I'm happy about it, and we all keep going!

exquisitern
05-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Good morning all!
I weighed yesterday and lost another 1.8 lbs. Wish I could hit 2 lbs a week, but I'll take every .1 that comes off too!

Terry: Don't give up. Keep at it!!! You can do it!! Are you drinking enough water? I think it really helps me and I keep soup on hand all of the time. I always have a cup in the evening as a low point, fill-up kinda snack.

Noble1: Good for you!!! Congrats on 138 lbs. I hope to see that one day, but I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. Good luck on your goals and your group.

Friendlycat: Congrats on your 1 lbs. I understand about wanting 2 lbs. I'm right at the change point of going from 26 to 24 lbs, so I am going to go ahead and move down to 24 points. I hope that helps me to get 2 lbs this week.

Anyway everyone have a great weekend. The Renaissance festival was great! We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of interesting people at the festival.. There were so many dressed up! It was really neat.
We are having the Bar-B-Que cook-off this week in Memphis. Down-town will be packed!!! I am going to avoid it at all costs!!!
Hopefully I can get some extra exercise in this weekend.
ta-ta for now!

friendlykat4u
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Congrats Donna! Great job! :)

I changed to lower points a few weeks ago and it seems I was losing more when I ate more...hmmm. Maybe I need to eat more! :D I'll give it another week and see how it goes. I'm going to try working out more, not going to be easy seeing how I love it... not! :D But I'll keep going, slowly but surely! :D

exquisitern
05-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow, Friendlykat, I hope that doesn't happen to me!!!!!

Tina
05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi all,
Congratulations to all the losers this time. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Friendlykat, you say you are eating fewer points now. Are you eating at the top of those points? Try eating all your flex points. Sometimes all that working out can build muscles that weigh more. Isn't that silly, we're supposed to exercise but the exercise causes weight gain. :dizzy:

I didn't weigh yesterday because I was retaining water. Ugh!

ripples57
05-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Great job on the weight losses!!! Equisitern(sp?) thanks for the soup tip!!:}} I have been struggling w/2 pounds for a month now. WI last nite showed 1.2 down--I'm VERY happy about it. I changed my exercise routine and I think it helped. Part of my problem was I started eating larger portions and too much salty popcorn. I think the soup idea will help me stay away from my trigger foods. Thanks again!!

exquisitern
05-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Ripples- Congratulations on the weight loss. Hope the soup tip helps. I make a 2 point taco soup that I just love and is really filling. I eat it at lunch or supper a lot of times with a salad or a low point sandwich and I am full. Good luck to you.

Tina- I just got over my TOM, so I was glad any extra fluid had fled for awhile. Good luck to you!

friendlykat4u
05-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Donna, I don't think it'd happen, maybe it's just a fluke for me. DH did say the same thing Tina was saying about muscles, but I'm not really that chiseld yet, LOL. Can you share your taco soup recipe? I'd love to try it. :)

Tina, I'm eating all my points. I'll see how I do the following week and I'll adjust if I need to. I'll either work out more, or eat a little more, or something. I guess I'm just being a cry baby, 1 lb is great too! :D

Ripples, maybe that's what I need to keep an eye on too, the sodium. Maybe I'm eating too much salt.

exquisitern
05-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Here is the Taco soup recipe that I use with the changes that I made or added to. My family loves it, even my picky daughter and I eat on it all the time. I usually make a pot of it on Sunday to have throughout the week with whatever else I make. Hope anyone who tries it enjoys it!

INGREDIENTS:
½ Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 large onion-chopped
1 large bell pepper-chopped
3 carrots- grated
1 large celery stalk- chopped thin
1 (10 oz.) can mild Rotel tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can Tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can fat free Chicken broth
1 (11 oz) can Niblets corn
1 (15 oz) can Cannelini beans
1 (15 oz) can Fat free refried beans
2 (15 oz) cans Ranch style Black beans
1 envelope Taco seasoning mix
1 (15 oz) can Mexican stewed tomatoes

Directions:
Brown ground beef, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, grated carrots and chopped celery in a large pot. Cook until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are translucent.
Drain meat and open all the cans and dump into pot and mix together well, add Taco seasoning mix. Let cook for about 30 minutes and it ready. Even better the next day.

Great with a salad and very filling

WW points- 2 points per cup

Tina
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Yummmmm.....
That recipe sounds delicious---except for the can of refried beans. I can't see how that fits in the soup. LOL I guess it's a thickening agent?
I'll have to try this.

Want2BSmall
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Way to go people. Good losing. I lost 4.4 on my first weigh in last Thursday. I am hoping to lost at least 2 lbs. this week. We will have to see on Thursday.

exquisitern
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Tina: The fat free refried beans does fit in. It does add a thickening agent. You can't really tell it's in there. I think you will like it if you try it with it.

Wow! Want 2BSmall, that great 4.4 lbs!!!! Way to go!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I hope that I get 2 lbs this week too!!!

friendlykat4u
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the recipe Donna! :) I love soups, they fill you up and it's a great way to get your veggies in, and in this case your beans! :D Beans are great too!

exquisitern
05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, Fiber is good and filling too!!!!
If you like that one, I have a Santa Fe soup that I will give out if anyone is interested that is 2 points/cup. If you like the Taco soup, you'll probably like this one. It has chicken in it. My brother in law liked this one too.
Something else that I like to do is chop up some lettuce and pour the soup over it. It makes your soup more filling and doesn't add any points!
If you can't tell, I'm a soup person. I like them year round.
Anyway, good luck to everyone on your weigh ins tomorrow.

Tina
05-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Soup over lettuce? :o
I'm not sure about that one. :lol:
I would love the recipe for the Sante Fe soup.

I hope everyone has a good weigh-in this week.
Please post whether it's a loss or not.

exquisitern
05-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Think of a Taco salad like at Wendy's. Same idea, just a different soup.

I'll bring the Santa fe soup recipe with me tomorrow and post it.

Tina
05-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi,
I should have weighed yesterday when I felt thin. :)
It was one of those days that felt so good---weight-wise.
This morning, I weighed and had stayed the same. I'm hoping it's water weight holding me back. I might take a peek in the morning, too. :lol:

How did everyone else do???????

mom36
05-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Congrats to all on your loses. Keep up the good work!

friendlykat4u & Tina, you were right, much better weigh in for me this week. Down 2.4 for the week, 3.2 overall. Hope I can keep the scale going that direction this week.

Tina
05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Terry,
That's wonderful news!!!!! :dance: :cb:

fat1outof3
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone. Went for my WI this afternoon, down 1.8. My leader set a new goal for me of 10lbs. I think I'm going to give myself until 4th of July to get to that.

friendlykat4u
05-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Ooh I love lettuce on my soup! :D I used to cover my chicken soup with shredded lettuce when I was a kid, I forgot about it, I may just start doing that again!

Way to go Terry & Jennifer! Congratulations to you both! :)

Tina, try again tomorrow, you never know! ;) I'll let you know how I did tomorrow, but I don't know, I don't have a good feeling TOM is looming and I'm not "feeling" thin! :D

Want2BSmall
05-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Good morning all. Rainy day here!. Weighed in last night. Down 0.8. Was hoping for more, but it will show up next week. :rain:
Have lots of housework planned for this weekend so that will work off some pounds. Weather should be nice and warm so I will get some walking in too.

Take care.
Remember take the stairs... rather than the escalator.

friendlykat4u
05-26-2006, 09:19 AM
NOTHING! Nope, nothing, zip, nada, not an ounce! :(

Funny how I was disappointed last week b/c I had only lost 1 lb, now I wish I had lost at least another 1 lb. I did really well with my pts this past week too.

Oh well, there's always next week, AND at least the scale didn't move the opposite way!!! :D

Way to go Want2BSmall, congrats! :)

exquisitern
05-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Good morning all!!
Congratulations Jennifer, Terry, and Wants2BSmall!!!! :carrot: :carrot:
FriendlyKat, well at least you maintained!!!!
I lost 1 lbs this week. I thought I would lose more, but I will take what I get. I had done really good on the program last week with exercising and watching my points. I had dropped from 26 to 24 points.
Tina, Hope you see a loss!
Everyone have a great Memorial Weekend. I'm going out of town to Huntsville, Alabama for the weekend. At least my sister and our friend in Alabama are all watching our weight. So we can work on making good choices over the weekend!

Tina
05-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Happy Friday,
exquisitern, congratulations on losing that 1 pound.
Karla, maintaining is great!!!!
Want2, think of it this way, you lost almost a whole pound and that is fantastic!!!
Jennifer, a new goal---ooooh, that's exciting. Good for you!

I wonder how everyone else did!!!???!!!???
I didn't get back on the scale this morning......too much going on.
Everyone have a great weekend.

friendlykat4u
05-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Donna congrats! :) Have a great time in Alabama with your sister and your friend.

Tina, that's right! Maintaining is good, plus good ole TOM is visiting! :D I hope next week I do better.

Tina
06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Do not post here. Go to the June Weigh-In thread.

Terry started us a new thread. So, please go there to post what's going on with you. :)