Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - a suprised glance

OK. This isn't much of an NSV, but I'm having a "fat" day, so every little thing helps.

I was walking down the hall a second ago, and a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a couple of months passed by. He stopped to chat and I swear he gave me the once over and then was all stumbling over his words as if he didn't know what to say! He never made a comment about me looking any different or anything, but I have a sneaky suspicion he noticed!

This comes on the heels of two days of emotional eating after being completely disappointed with friends and with myself. Please forgive me if it is completely ridiculous, but I'm trying hard here to change my attitude so that today turns out better than yesterday.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotigergirl
two days of emotional eating after being completely disappointed
... I am so with you on this. I've done the same thing over this past weekend, and I just keep reminding myself that 2 days isn't 47 pounds' worth, and I can get back on the bandwagon any time.

I think all those little things count; it all adds up. People do treat people differently when their weight (or attractiveness factor) changes.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #3  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

to you! By the way, I spiked the water cooler with some mojo, have a cup or two and we'll squeeze in a boogie this afternoon, and you'll feel much better! So sayeth the dalai-lala....

Ready? Cue that funky music... and.... Boogie!

-Lala, Dancing Queen

PS: Ooh! By the way, congrats on the double take from your friend and I'm glad you changed your quote thingy - I'm thinking "beautiful bridesmaid" myself, the bride had better watch out!
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #4  
Strong on the inside

phantastica---I have the same problem. Yesterday I was eating carbs! My dietician told me to eat at 5 carb exchanges per day, and that that would cause me to rehydrate. I'd also not been drinking enough water in many days previous to yesterday. Yesterday I think I must have drank a whole gallon of water after dinner! So this morning I'm REALLY weighing heavy. My dietician told me to expect that, and to remember that it's just WATER, but even still, I'm panicking! BUT, you're right. 2 days of emotional eating does not equal 40 pounds. There is no way that I've done enough damage to undo all my previous success.

Thanks for the pick-me-up. You're right. We can get back on the wagon whenever we like. I think I like right now.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

lala--- you are AMAZING! You have such a good way of making me laugh when I'm down. I love to boogie with you!

Thanks so much for being so sweet.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #6  

Hey Aerotigergirl ---You're so correct when you say that 'There is no way that I've done enough damage to undo all my previous success'. And like i've said before (not here anyway) 'And this Fat Day too shall pass'

Keep up the EXCELLENT work!
EmilyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #7  
Strong on the inside

EmilyT---you're right. I will keep saying this to myself over and over and over until I believe it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #8  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I definately think that is an amazing NSV!! He probably didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to offend you if you hadn't lost weight (My husband always says that's like saying "wow, you were horrid before but now you're not" so he won't comment on ANYONES weight loss)

I hope this victory helps you to get right back on track! ((HUGS))
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #9  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im sure he did notice. You should feel proud. We all have emotional days where we eat more then we should. No biggie. As long as we pick ourselves back up. Sometimes it helps to to stay motivated if I do have those days once and awhile. It might slow my weight loss down for the week but it usally picks back up. : )
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's a GREAT NSV! But then aren't they all LOL? But he obviously noticed! Yippee for all your hard work!

And naaaaah none of the rest of us ever do any "emotional eating." Yah RIGHT
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #11  
Strong on the inside

Thanks for the support, everyone. I have picked myself up and am back on the wagon again. I didn't do any emotional eating today, even though the day was a bit emotional. I rationalized my fat day, was logical about my decisions, etc. And it felt pretty great. I also came back for round 2 (or 2 million, more likely) with the exercise too, getting in 1.5 hours of mountain biking as well as 50 minutes on the elliptical trainer this evening!

Thank you all for comiserating with me today. It's a lot harder to beat myself up so much if I know that all you ladies I respect have days just as bad as mine have been lately. I appreciate your support!

Good news, too, that I forgot to share earlier: I decided to do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer here in Denver in June. This is a 39 mile walk over the course of 2 days. I will raise at least $1800 along the way to help provide care for underserved breast cancer patients, as well! I am doing this walk in honor of my friend, John Eason, who is struggling with breast cancer this very day. If you're involved in the Avon walk (or you want to be ) or if you're interested in volunteering or donating let me know, and I can send you a link! It's a great cause.

Thank you all again so much for your support today. I really needed a helping hand beating the fat day.