Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #1  
One more time!

Default 100+ to Go #12

Good Morning y'all,

This is a group trying to lose 100+#. Pull up a computer chair and join us on our journey!

GeeChee
Old 05-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #2  
One more time!

Good Morning Y'all,

WI was not good to me this week. I stayed the same which in other weeks would be a victory, but not this week. I really was expecting a loss but hopefully next week will be better. I changed my ticker to reflect 10# increments, so no movement for me this week.

Welcome Kim, glad to have you on board with us. Post a little more about yourself and let us get to know you!

Lilion...sending positive vibes your way that things went well with your procedure. Let us know when you are up and about.

I am picking my daughter up from college this evening. Let the chaos begin! She is driving back on her own for two more finals on Thursday. With this.tonight, we help us eliminate the mess this weekend of everyone moving out at the same time. Having done this with my other two kids, you learn tricks to make things easier on yourself. Hopefully she really is all packed and ready to go when we arrive there. If not, she will not be the first child we had to pack for. Sigh........it is always an adjustment for everyone when they come home. Having spread her wings for a nine months, we have to reign them back in a little for the four months back at home. It never fails to be interestsing, that is for sure.
Well, off to run some errands. My string of working days start again tomorrow so I need to finish a few projects up. Have a great week everyone....I will check in later....GeeChee
Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  

Thanks for the Welcome Everyone,

I am still trying to get the hang of things on these threads, I am not new to threads, I belong to ediet too, but these are a bit different. Lets see a little about myself, I live in Ontario, have 5 children the oldest is 24, youngest is 15 four girls and one boy. I have gained weight slowly and sometimes not so slowly over the years, and am so sick of it. I have done every diet in the world..lol...as I am sure many of you girls have too..But I am going back to the ww points plan as I find it easier...I am going to try for a change to take it slow, and not get frustrated at small loses,...My first goal is 10 pounds, but my over all weight loss needed is about 120 pounds. I look forward to getting to know everyone, it seems like a great group here, thanks for welcoming me, you can never have to much support...Kim
Old 05-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #4  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

well hello, kim! nice to have you!

i ate a little extra over the weekend. i'm not over my points, but i ate more junk food than i should have, so i'm upping the exercise. over the weekend, i walked a mile and then i walked around UCLA during the book-festival. today i'm hoping to get a workout tape in.

i've been drinking 6 glasses of water a day. next week, i'm going to try to go back up to 8, because i felt really good then.

my stomach is getting much smaller! i feel fuller faster, and this is a wonderful thing. it's taken me a while to realize it, though. LOL. i just kept wondering why i always felt so uncomfortably full when i'd eaten a "normal" amount. thank god!

hope everyone's doing well this week. keep on keepin' on!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi, I am a returning dieter. I have been on weight watchers since Jan 1 2006 and so far have lost 41 lbs. Nice to be here
Robin
Old 05-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #6  
n00b

hey guys! i weighed in and lost 1.4 pounds again, sooo i'm back where i was 2 weeks ago. it's getting kind of...i don't know. not hard necessarily, but i think i'm getting impatient. although i'm averaging about a pound or a pound and a half a week, which is a PERFECTLY acceptable amount, i feel like it's going so slow! i worked out like a fiend this week, too.

i don't know. it's not like i want to quit or anything, but it just seems so...blah to lose at this pace, even though i totally get that it is the safest rate at which to lose.

i think my internal motivation is waning...
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #7  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default This week's weigh in

I'm reposting this - I put it in #11 yesterday and then realized we are on #12.

How is everyone doing this week - hopefully good!!

I had a 1.8 lb loss this week for a total of 44.2 - I'm pushing towards that 50 lb goal - can't wait. That would be 200 sticks of butter. That really sounds good.

DNR
Old 05-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #8  

Hello everyone!

I hope you all will forgive me for being MIA for so long. Between the right arm not working like it should and surgery on Monday I haven't been up to a lot of posts.

Sugery went like a dream...in and out by noon and slept all day after. By Tuesday I felt pretty good and by today I'm feeling fine so long as the cat doesn't walk on me! My darn arm is another story...it's still bothering me and I have limited range of motion without pain...this is so not good!

Anyway, that's been my week. I need to get moving and see what I can do with the office work I brought home. Otherwise, it's couch time for me. I admit to major munchies this week. I'll blame it on the body stress~and try to avoid too much chocolate.

Hello to our newcomers! I hope you all find a home here with us! Congrats to the losers! And big to those who are struggling! I'll try to post more soon!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #9  
One more time!

Good Afternoon y'all,

Lilion, I am glad that your surgery went well. Now you need to do something about that shoulder. If it isn't one thing, it is another. Rest and take care of yourself and post when you get a chance!

DNR...congratulations on the loss. You are knocking pretty hard on that 50# loss. What a sense of accomplishment you must have. I am doing the happy dance for you!

Rahstar......you too are also doing great. Let's see, if someone told you that you could lose 75-100# in a year, wouldn't you jump on that? But that is exactly what you can achieve in a year losing 1.5 to 2# per week. If you lose much faster, your body is likely to work harder to keep hold of that fat. So, slow and steady wins the race and you are doing well. Don't let that set back of a two weeks ago get you down.

Robin, Welcome. Tell us a little more about yourself and feel free to jump right in whenever the mood strikes!

Kim 5 kids! YIKES! I bet they keep you hopping! Again, welcome and I hope you get to "know" you a little better as you post!

Well, only have time for a quick post. Will check back it later...

GeeChee
Old 05-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #10  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi everyone,,sorry I have been gone so long ,,but have been reading,,just feeling like crap so haven't been posting,,,have a abcess tooth I guess ,,a abcess anyway,,,not sure what tooth it is yet,,,am taking antibiotic and getting better before I go to the dentist,,, Work on wed,,,not looking forward to it either,,,

Hello to all the new folks,,,nice to see you and am looking forward to getting to know you,,,I haven't been here to long either,,,nice people here and lots of support,,,

Great to see all the wt losses,,,I moved mine 2 pounds,,and this morning when I wt'd I was down another 2 ,,,but am going to wait to change it,,haven't been eating with the abcess,,,,so will wait and see if the 2 pounds comes back,,

Have a great day,,,thanks you all ,,,everytime I come here someone is always here,,,that is so nice,,,later,,,Jeanne
Old 05-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #11  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Where is Everyone This Week?

Had my weigh-in today - there's anoter 1.8 lbs. off of me for a 46 lb. total - I can feel that 50# mark coming up. Go carrot go -

DNR
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #12  
n00b

i second that, DNR!

good job!

i'm down 3 pounds this week, bringing my total to 30.6! finally, that ever elusive 30 pounds.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #13  

I'm sorry guys! I've just not been posting much-or even on the internet much-the last two weeks! As you know, it's been one thing then another! First with the rotator cuff problems where typing was just a pain - literally! Then last Mon (May 1) had my surgery and was back up and around fast, but the darn arm was still giving me fits. This week I'm back to work and, having been off two weeks, it's just kicken my BUTT! On the up side...down to 240. On the down side...there are donuts in the break room today.

I'll try to catch up later today. Maybe I'll get time at lunch! everyone!
Old 05-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #14  
Wild Texan!

S/C/G: 366.4/342.6/220

Height: 5'9"

Hey you all. It is nice to be part of this. I am not sure if I have interduced myself or not. I am so busy... toddler. I am Tanya and have lots of weight to lose. My main goal is to get healthier...or healthy. I have sence gone down on my meds for diabetes. I am in my 30's okay, I am going to be 36 next week. I really want to have another child....the first pregnancy was horible, the kid is wonderful, but we have gone through 2 years of medical **** to get him. If you want to know more, just ask or PM me.

I was 340lbs when I got pregnant last time, so I would like to be about 250 this next time. I would love to have one of those huge bellies...and not just look fater. My hubby and I had a running joke about that...people didn't want to ask me if I was pregnant, because they thought I was just fater.

I don't know what this has to do with my journey, but as I go on. My main fears are that I am not going to be around to see my grandkids or even see my own kids grow up. My mother started having health problems in her late 40's and 50's. I am in my 30's and having the same problems. At one point I was on stronger meds then her. That really scares me.

Curves...I love having them. I don't mind being fat. My hubby likes it too (chubby chacer). But health and quality of life is really starting to be important to me.

During my younger years I was a heavy drinker and drugy...I can say younger because I started at 9. I quit everything when I was 25. I even used to smoke 2 packs a day. So I have been clean, sober and smoke free for about 11 years....but I am still paying for it. I wish I could have gone back in time and warned myself....but I just have to live with it and hope I can deter my kids from making the same mistakes.

That is all for now.

Tanya
Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #15  

Hello Tanya - and You sound like you are ready and willing to make the big changes! You've overcome a lot in your life - I'm sure you can take this and run with it!

The board has been so slow these days and I'm as much to blame as anyone I suppose. I pop in, take a look, and pop back out when no one has posted - but doing that is why NO ONE posts! We need to try harder!

I LOST at WI! A whole .4 of a pound! But since I was expecting an increase, I'll sure take it!

Time for me to get back on track! Today I am starting journaling and counting my points like I should! I've been REALLY bad about just trying to make decent choices without any true accounting of my points/water/exercise.

Today is a new day! Join me everyone!
Closed Thread