Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 07:00 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Need a Buddy(ies)

Hi!

Hoping to make new e-line friends. Need support on this journey and plan on giving it back! Have 50+ to loose - started W.W. this week - Join me for the ride...................
Old 08-12-2001, 11:18 AM   #2  

Talking welcome and congrats

I wanted to welcome you to WW and say congrats on joining. It is an important first step. I started WW 8 weeks ago and I love the program. I have a lot to lose and I love having buddies to help keep me motivated. The program really is great and so is this website. I wish you the best of luck. Any questions feel free to ask.

Melissa
Old 08-12-2001, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/159/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, I am new here also, I joined WW a week and a half ago, so have had one way in. I could sure use a buddy. I keep visiting the sites, but don't seem to know what they are talking about. How are you doing with the pts. I'm really retaining fluid today. I was within my points yesterday and drank my water and exercised, but had some baked dorito kind of chips and think that is the problem. Would love to hear how you manage the ww pts. So far so good. Agnesmaree
Old 08-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #4  

Thumbs down

Hi Melhoward & Agnesmaree,

My first weighin is this coming Friday - We went to Disneyland all last week - so hopefully all the walking helped keep me on the right track! What are some good snacks? I LOVE WOW Doritos - and fruits. My biggest problem time is the drive from home (25 Min) which isn't long but the munchies sure do start coming on...!

My e-mail is [email protected] - feel free to stay in touch through there also. This is a great web site - putting people with the same goals in touch. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 08-13-2001, 09:17 PM   #5  

Angry doing well so far

I just wanted to say that I am still doing well and surviving the points. I like the program. I have found that when I go to work or home from work I too get the munchies. I usually have some rice cakes in the car with me, various flavors. They are 1 point a piece and I break them into small pieces. I also like to pop a bag of the 94% fat free popcorn and place it in a large siploc bag, that also works nicely for a snack. Then I don't pig out when I get home either. If I need to save my points or at least be careful with them, I will pack a baggie of veggies that I'll munch on. I also always like to have a bottle of ice cold water with me. I must admit this doesn't always work, but it helps.

I used to be a big snacker while in the car. I decided if I stopped that it would definitely help matters. So I was doing well for awhile, not eating in the car at all. This week I have been hungry so I munch on my rice cakes. I hope this helps.

I wish you luck! If you have any questions about the points feel free to ask. I don't know how much help I will be, but I have a decent understanding of the system.

Melissa
Old 08-14-2001, 05:57 AM   #6  

I am new to it too - I have been doing it now for two weeks. I have well over 100 lbs to lose, so it may take a while!
Eating in the car is one of my things too. One thing that really struck me (this is not meant to sound pious or holy at all - really!) is that it is really dangerous to eat while driving! It takes my concentration away from the road (especially if I am eating a burger or something with mayo/ketchup to worry about spilling down myself). So in fact, thinking about that has stopped me eating and driving at the same time so much.

I keep an apple with me all the time as well. Its only half a point, and keeps the munchies away for a short time. Also, I eat sugar free sweets when i am driving. I dont much like the artificial sugar taste, but at least it gives me something to put in my mouth! which is most of the battle

Good luck everyone!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:59 PM   #7  

Angry

Hi everyone...

Weighed in today and have lost 3.6 since Monday!!!!

Thanks for the great ideas on the rice cakes --- I also have been bringing along an Asian Pear to mucnh on - those are soooo good!

Have you guys tried the skinny cow? I see it mentioned all over.
This is a great support system - hope you all are doing great also....

Talk to ya soon.
Closed Thread