Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #1  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - Best... Dr. Appt... EVER

Well, it's done! I'm so happy...

She requested I lose 10 pounds, I lost 20.
My blood pressure was normal-low.
My blood sugar is stable and below 100.
My regular cholesterol dropped 25 points and I HALVED my bad cholesterol from 65 to 32 - the doc was floored. She is reducing my cholesterol medicine to the lowest dose. I may even be able to quit taking it altogether it by the end of the year.

I'm in hyper boogie mode today and I can't quit smiling!

Ready... cue that funky music... Now... BOOGIE!!

-Lala, Dancing Queen
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Now that is AWESOME! Congrats!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats That's great news. Keep up the good work. I'd be doing some dancing to if I were you.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Awsome...I have a doc apt this month too and I cant to show off my progress. CONGRATS!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/135/119

wow thats great!
I remember when I was a kid and the doc was always telling me to loose some weight, it never happened till ten years later! but it was a great feeling when finaly it wasnt an issue anymore.
I expect your doctor was pretty happy!
mia
x
cosmogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #6  
Play that funky music!

Thanks everyone! I was so sure I'd walk in there and she'd just say something like, "Well, that's nice, now do it again..." Hehehheee... but she was so excited for me and that made me feel even better. She said I could be her poster child for getting numbers under control...

Getting off of my meds was one of my big goals for losing this weight and I just feel like I've made leaps and bounds toward doing that this time...

-Lala, with the goofy grin
Old 05-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Congrats, lala! That's got to be an amazing feeling. What did you do? I have lost 40 pounds and i've only seen a slight change in my BP. (I'm not sure about my cholesterol)... I think I've been eating less, so I've seen a weight change, but I'm not eating the RIGHT foods, maybe? I talked to my Dr. about it last week, and she suggested more potassium? Good job, you, though! I'm sure you're on top of the world, and you DESERVE it!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #8  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Wow, that’s amazing Lala! Boogie on with your bad self
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

awesome, keep up the great work!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #10  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

What an awesome doctors visit!!! I can only imagine how great you must feel after that!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Lala... whoooooooooooooooooooooo dancing with you! That is wonderful news!!!! Yay for you!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #12  
Play that funky music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotigergirl
Congrats, lala! That's got to be an amazing feeling. What did you do? I have lost 40 pounds and i've only seen a slight change in my BP. (I'm not sure about my cholesterol)... I think I've been eating less, so I've seen a weight change, but I'm not eating the RIGHT foods, maybe? I talked to my Dr. about it last week, and she suggested more potassium? Good job, you, though! I'm sure you're on top of the world, and you DESERVE it!
Honestly I'm not sure I had a lot of control over the blood pressure thing. I quit a very stressful job in December to finish my BA, and that helped a bunch. Other than that, the fact that I went from being completely sedentary to working out for at least an hour five days a week (well, I should be honest... I don't always get in the five days, especially lately) has been very good for me.

The cholesterol... oatmeal for breakfast, first of all. I alternate oatmeal with eggs (1 egg, 1 egg white mix), and occasionally a high fiber cereal, like generic Grape Nuts (less sugar than real Grape Nuts) or Uncle Sam (flax - woah!). I love bacon and sausage so I switched to Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patties - it doesn't taste like sausage, exactly, and I can't eat it more than a couple of days at a time, but it's passable if you're desperate. I try to eat fish a couple of days per week, particularly in place of red meat. I can't cook worth a darn so we do sushi out pretty regularly.

And for those with pre-diabetes/insulin resistance/PCOS, like me... Exercise helps keep it stable, I don't know how. Redux of stress helps, too. I of course cut out lots of sweets (dessert nearly every day! ugh) and switched to sugar free popsicles, FF/SF pudding, no sugar added ice cream and fudge bars (still has calories though, be careful!), that sort of thing. Diet soda and water and Splenda in everything else. I find that if my blood sugar is starting to rise I can go back and examine my food log and I will always find a pattern of something I'm eating that I didn't realize I was eating... Like those 100 Calorie cookie packs - I got into the habit of having one every single night and over time my blood sugar went up by 10 points. Now I only have one of those packs every couple of weeks. The food journal is the best thing ever... I was so resistant to keeping one for years unfortunately, and it's been one of my best tools!

Well, that rambled on a bit... sorry...

-Lala
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #13  

Hey! Well done!

Claire x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Congrats on the Dr.visit and weightloss!!!
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #15  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

That is beyond fantastic!!!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote