Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

View Full Version : LAWL Losers and Friends May

angelica1674
05-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Happy MAY everyone!!!!!!

angelica1674
05-01-2006, 10:06 AM
good morning chickies!

Its been awhile!I have just been, well, depressed!I dont really know whats wrong with me.I think its the sabatogeing of my weight loss!Today I am starting fresh with my attitude.I have 4 week till my surgery so I am going full force for the next 4 weeks.I went to my COD saturday to get the slimdowns.I didnt want to cause they are mopre money than the slimfast BUT I really like the slimdowns better and the slimfast are kinda grossing me out right now. So, I bought 3 4 packs of the slimdowns.Hopefully after these I can tolerate going back to the slimfast.I have never been crazy about the slimfast taste.I was just tolerating it because they were so much cheaper!

Anyway,one good thing the COD told me.Since I am having surgury they are putting my weeks on hold for 4 weeks!! Whooohooo.4 extra weeks to lose my weight(I am going to 150).My doctor said after I get home after surgery he said I can continue with my diet.He just said watch fatty foods.

I had a NSV this weekend.I went to walmart and tried 8's in ALL the clothes I tried on.Everything fit!! Whooohoooo.I am hoping when I go to 150 I will be able to wear 6's!I have yet to brave the swimsuits!!

I am doing my TO today and tomorrow.Have a POP day!

A big HELLO to all the newbies!!

My thought and prayers are with you Katie.Sorry to hear about your bird!!

I am now posted in the right forum!!lol

aggie2006
05-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Happy Happy May!

i hope this month is better for all of us than the last...lets put april behind us and get may going!

its the month where katie and tina do their big reveal! a big woohoo and cheer for the challenge girls!

btw my new blenders a saint~ loving it!!! blending everything i can get my hands on!

Angelica~ congrats on the NSV, im dreaming of 8's...and dont worry its a new month...you can get back on the weight loss train...im with you! im ready to be a good girl too!

katie~ sorry if im being insensitive...but any update on the birdies family...just curious what happens next...

milcas MIA again, i hope its b/c you found a great house...keeping my fingers crossed!

to all a great POP day!

angelica1674
05-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Happy Happy May!

i hope this month is better for all of us than the last...lets put april behind us and get may going!

Angelica~ congrats on the NSV, im dreaming of 8's...and dont worry its a new month...you can get back on the weight loss train...im with you! im ready to be a good girl too!

You said it girl!!!!New month,New attitude!!!I am posting a calender on my fridge for the month of May am I am going to mark days off as I go.Hopefully that will keep me in track!

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Morning everyone! New month, new attitude? Sounds good. I had another okay, but not POP weekend. We were so busy. Saturday I cleaned house, mowed our entire acre, and we had a huge bonfire that night. It was great. After all of our guests left, me and DH laid on our porch swing cuddled up in a big blanket and watched fire burn down until after midnight. Sunday we did a bed liner job on a trailer in the morning, then played 9 holes of golf, then grabbed fast food on our way to go boating. The wind was blowing really hard, though, so we didn't last very long on the boat. Then....the sin. We ended up at Baskin Robbins. I only had one scoop, so I could have done worse, but not OP, for sure. My friend came and got her stuff and the body so she can bury it in her yard. She has been very sweet about the whole thing, insisting that I should not feel bad, it is not my fault, etc. Just wish I could believe her. Anyway, she does want to get a new bird, so we are on the lookout for a good one. I think I am going to wait to weigh until the challenge is over. If I weigh next week it will be smack dab in the middle of TOM. No way!

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I weighed in thi smorning and was up to 164.5, so not wasting away but maybe down a little in the end. We'll see! Busy day today!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Good morning my chickies -

Stiesta - Glad you had a great trip - hopefully the scale won't be too evil for you!! Congrats on the wonderful NSV of size 8's - that is sooo wonderful!!!

Boo - So sorry that evil scale hasn't moved yet - hopefully when it does - it will be an exciting move downward.....

Aggie - like that thought new month, new may - new attitude - let's go chickies!!!

Katie - Girly, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! I'm so sorry you are still worried your friend would be mad. Hopefully in your heart you will realize after the hurt that she truly doesn't hold it against you and knows it is an accident!!! Good luck with TOM coming and going quick - Hopefully you will be at goal when you finally do your after challenge weigh in - wow - it is hard to believe you guys have been doing this for 5 weeks or longer......

I'm only on my 4th day of shakes - and well, not to thrilled with them really - tried blending with banana yesterday and it was different, but haven't quite mastered "good" yet. something about the aftertaste - UGH!! any suggestions?

Carmen _ how did your shake experiment go this weekend? Did it work was it good?

Well girlies - lots of work to do. I wasn't too OP yesterday - but we had a very busy day. I need to do some lemon water today for sure!!!!

check in w/ ya later!!!

sznn
05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I am thrilled that it is a new month!!!
April kinda sucked all round.

Had a few deviations from plan Sat/Sun.
What was I thinking buying decadent chocolate cookies and mini coffee cakes for DH?
Had 2 of each - they were EXCEPTIONAL.:D

I am through with the shakes and starting T/O this AM.
All my T/O buddies want to meet on the Challenge thread?

I feel positive that May will be a great month.

Happy POP day all.

-S

stiesta
05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Hooray for May!

Well, I am going to abandon TO this round...sorry Sznn! I got on the scale this morning and was 160.5. BEFORE I left for NY, I was 163. I was also on TOM, but I am figuring I lost the water of TOM and then maintained. We did a ton of walking all over the city, so that probably helped. It's just bizarre...Deets and Sznn, maybe in order to drop a few you should go on vacation and eat what you want! :) LOL. I know that sometimes things have a way of catching up with you in the long run...I would still not be surprised to see a gain in a day or two. It was nice to not go majorly up like I thought I would. I am back on the shakes and will be POP all day.

I've also decided to go back to my COD. I figure since we're moving in 4 weeks, I may like my new COD in San Diego a lot better. And if I just buy 4 more weight loss weeks, then I won't lose my year of maintenance that I already paid for...so that's the plan for now.

Here's my new goal...POP every day, not one cheat, for 4 weeks. At the end of that 4 weeks, I am starting stabilization and buying all new pants/skirts/shorts. I bought a ton of shirts this weekend, but still need to lose a few before I buy for the bottom half of me. My goal is 8 more pounds by Memorial Day weekend...

Have a great POP day...too much to catch up on personals!

Love you all! :hug:

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Christie- So glad that you had a good trip. I am still so jealous! How cool that you have a loss, too. 8 lbs by Memorial day? SURE! You can do it!!

Suzanne- It was pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese frosting that got me....

Hey Heather- How's it going?

Dairy- Still that is loss, huh?

ljackson
05-01-2006, 12:08 PM
I am not going to WI today, I know I am not down any and I may be a few ounces up. I just can not handle them picking apart my journal today. I have learned my triggers and if i go in there and they are on my case I know I will come home, say screw it, and cheat. I know i would only be hurting myself, but that is the way my brain works. This process is so slow going for me, I lost last week, so I know this week I might just maintain. You would think that they would have figured out this is my pattern by now, but they just want to see a loss everytime and always look to my journal for the excuse. I am doing the best I can. I don't mean to sound angry or down, I want to be at goal and get on with my life.

Lisa

sznn
05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Stiesta - WTG!!! Now I am really jealous - you had fun...went shopping....had good chow...and still lost:p

I agree, sometimes cheating moves the scale. Mine is down to 145.2 this AM, but I don't trust it till I see that # or less all week.
It has been bouncing around wildly, it was even up to 150 on Sat????
Craziness.

I am moving on to stabilization no later than the end of May...no matter what.
So this is the last hurrah.

-S

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Sznn - Way to go chickie!! that is wonderful - don't you hate when the scale plays evil tricks on you - it sucks!!

Stiesta - Off plan, shopped, ate - and still lost - whooooo hooo girlfriend!!!

Lisa - So sorry you feel down - just keep plugging away - next time you go in you will have the confidence to know you lost!!!

Katie - just chillin over here - getting ready to go eat lunch - I'm so starving. I forgot my shake, so I had a luna bar for breakfast - going to meet a friend so we'll see what I have left over afterwards!!! hehehehehe

stiesta
05-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Stiesta - WTG!!! Now I am really jealous - you had fun...went shopping....had good chow...and still lost:p

I agree, sometimes cheating moves the scale. Mine is down to 145.2 this AM, but I don't trust it till I see that # or less all week.
Craziness.

-S

Okay, you and me, stabilization at the end of may, NO MATTER WHAT! We will do it! POP month for us with big payout at the end! :D

haylo921
05-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah to May

Well it's almost time for those swimsuits so that means POP for me.

COD is refunding me my money from a check that they accidently sent to my bank, and they are also giving $125 of store credit:carrot:

Bad News I was planning on taking my dog to dog obdience classes starting this sunday when I took him to the vet. they told me he had heart worms:(
I left the vet's office in tears. I am going to give him the treatments which will cost around $500 dollars. He is only 1 and 1/2 so good chances that we can get rid of them. Petsmart was nice enough to allow me to change my start date for obdience classes in June.

Katie: I am an animal love myself I know how tough it is to lose an animal, they become very close to your heart and become part of your family. I too am having animal probelms my dog with the heartworms. I had a cat that I had for 13 years who dies last summer of age and it just tore me to shreds. Everytime I see a cat that looks like here I feel tears in my eyes.

Chklithunder
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

Well, I had a very nice weekend. On Saturday we went to the council Pinewood Derby. It was held at a huge car dealership and after the races were over the DSs and I were looking at all the new cars. There sure are some nice ones out there.

On Sunday, DH was off so we went to a nursery and got some more flowers and stuff, and he and the DSs planted them while I cleaned out our sunroom and got it ready for summer. DH fired up the grill and made ribs and chicken, and I made a potato salad (which I resisted), some devilled eggs (with lite mayo) that I counted as .5 P and 1F, and I also made broccoli for myself and corn on the cob and green salads for the DSs and DH. I also resisted the ribs, and had only chicken, and it was delicious. We ate by candlelight in the sunroom, and had a nice time.

I woke up this AM to TOM, didn't have any cramps at all, but I have them now and my back and head are hurting. Since we can have leftovers today I don't have to worry about cooking and I can pretty much relax when I get home which is GREAT.

HeatherPP - I never got to try the shake this weekend. I got up early, went to the COD, must be back within purple range because they put me back on purple. Anyway, when I came home to make my shake before it was time to wake up the DSs, I looked for the blender attachment for the food processor and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I go wake up DH who is always using it for slushies and he tells me he has no idea where it is...:?: I am still so bummed. I will keep looking though :mag:! When you made your shake what flavor did you blend the banana with?

edited to add - Haylo I'm so sorry about your pooch. I am praying that the treatments are successful.

Hey Kristi Girl - How was your weekend?

Katie - SO TRUE you could have done so much worse. The Baskin Robbins by my house doesn't even carry the sugarfree reduced fat ice cream. What's up with that???

To all you chickies out there...:grouphug: and :cheers:...here's to US!

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Haylo- So sorry about your dog. I am glad to hear that they caught it early in his life, though, so treatment should be successful. I got a little dog 2 weeks before I got married, and he was our baby for years. He died 2 summers ago, and I still cry when I see pictures of him. I figure that he still comes around and lays on the steps and chills out on my bed from time to time.

Carm- What a nice weekend you had. Purple, huh? I decided this morning to go back down to blue, too. I hate losing the protein sizes, but DANG I want to get this weight gone. I have 6 weeks till my 11 year class reunion, and I really want to lose quite a bit more by then.

Chklithunder
05-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Katie - I am planning to stay on RED until after my 2nd round of TO which I think will be next week. I'm thinking that should be okay. I'm just so pleased that I must finally be somewhere in the neighborhood of my ticker weight again. Whoa..you are going to WOW everyone at your reunion. In 6 more weeks you will have all but disappeared. I hope you don't decide to wait until after the challenge to weigh. I don't think I could stand the suspense!!!

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 01:19 PM
My DH is dying too. He tried to MAKE me get on the scale this morning. He says he won't tell me what it says. I told him that I will weigh with a towel over my eyes for him tomorrow, but I really DO NOT want to know what the scale says. Today I am so constipated that I would never want to get onto the scales. I took a colon cleanse pill to get things moving, and it is making me want to throw up, my stomache hurts so bad.

CandlePrincess
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Good afternoon Chickies! It has been a wild and wooly day here at the middle school clinic. We have 18.5 school days left and these darlin's want to be sure and use all their passes. This past weekend was pretty much a disaster. I know better than not to plan for my week. The funny thing is I got on my home scales and was down to 170. Who knows if that is true or not...I don't usually trust them! I didn't WI Sat, but I am going to try and fit in a visit to the SCOD before next weekend. I've pretty much blown the challenge...but I am still drinking my shakes. I think I will try and start over totally next week. So far POP today....hoping I can hang on and get right back on the wagon!

Denise Wilson
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Happy May Chicas!!

I agree with someone who said April kinda sucked! Sick kids and lots of self sabotage! Here's to a fresh month and a fresh start for me and all of you!

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I weighed in thi smorning and was up to 164.5, so not wasting away but maybe down a little in the end. We'll see! Busy day today! STILL AWESOME:D

aggie2006
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
haylo~ im so sorry about your pooch...im keeping my fingers crossed for you...hope all is well and he heals up quickly...went to the vet with nikita today and she has bladder stones! ahhh! always something with her...i love her so much that i hope she will be ok too...i know what its like to attach to an animal so i hope yours heals up...

repo~ anyway hubby can get on the forum and tell us what he see's tomorrow...i know its a long shot! your evening by the fireplace sounds so cute...you guys sound like an awesome couple...so sweet

hkychik
05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Happy May, ladies!

Wow! I was really busy doing nothing this weekend, but DH hogged the computer so I am WAAAAAY behind on posts. I just wanted to pat myself on the back and say I am down .8 since Friday - I was afraid to go WI, since I had alcohol, steak 2 nights, pizza, ..... all POP, but still..... My new goal is to make onderland by June 1st. That will end the 7 week challenge for me.

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I am not going to WI today, I know I am not down any and I may be a few ounces up. I just can not handle them picking apart my journal today. I have learned my triggers and if i go in there and they are on my case I know I will come home, say screw it, and cheat. I know i would only be hurting myself, but that is the way my brain works. This process is so slow going for me, I lost last week, so I know this week I might just maintain. You would think that they would have figured out this is my pattern by now, but they just want to see a loss everytime and always look to my journal for the excuse. I am doing the best I can. I don't mean to sound angry or down, I want to be at goal and get on with my life.

Lisa

I hear you:hug: Im considering not going back to COD for a few weeks. This flux period sucks only in that I have them weighing me and scrutinizing me two times a week, and I almost feel at this point that I would be better doing this on my own, since they have completely run out of ideas for me at this point. It just seems like a waste of time and I dont feel badly about myself day to day UNTIL I have to go there, then its a "bad day".

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 02:13 PM

Craziness.

-S

WOW...a FIVE pound fluctuation in two days, thats crazy....

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I decided this morning to go back down to blue, too. I hate losing the protein sizes, but DANG I want to get this weight gone. I have 6 weeks till my 11 year class reunion, and I really want to lose quite a bit more by then.

Im confused STILL, can you imagine...about the difference between purple and blue. I am not convinced that I am on the right color plan, as I am still up consistently. The knee jerk reaction is "ah, less food will help" which I KNOW is ridiculous. Even the counselors at COD seem confused from one to the other why I am on blue. The nutritionists at LAWL say I should be gold plus 1/2 protein (or rather, blue minus a starch) but it hasnt made one bit of difference for me in the 5 weeks I have been back OP. How did you come to determine that a plan change was right for you? Will you tell COD?

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Carm -I blended my banana with the vanilla shake - I was hoping to find some of the High protein strawberry ones....

ljackson
05-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Deets, Exactly! I have even been scrutinized for eating on plan things. I know I am super sensitive, I think it is just better for me if i go in when I know I have had a loss. They have told me all the tricks they know.

Since I monitor my weight so closely, and because i have been doing this a while, I have noticed that my weight goes up slightly when I ovulate. Has anyone else noticed that?

Lisa

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Deets- They moved me to blue way back at 180 lbs, but then I started exercising over 5 hours a week, and they moved me back to red. Now I have stopped exercising that much, so I really should be on blue. I am still losing on red, but maybe it could be even better if I went back, ya know? They did say that they will never move me below blue, since I do not do the bars.

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Does my color plan sound right to you?

CandlePrincess
05-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Well I have to admit I am not sure about the whole color science thing! I am on Red and was told I would be on Red until I reached 239. I would love to know how they decide what color you are supposed to be on.

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure. Have you used fitday to track you calories before? I wonder if you should try that for week and see how many you are averaging per day. Search for a site that will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight, and then adjust your plan accordingly. My guess is that you need more food, but I think that you should get scientific about it, and really see where you are at.

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 02:48 PM
HeaherCP=weird. I'm at 234 now and was told I'd move down in another 16 lbs-so 220. Well, like I say "the centers are consistent in their inconsistency!"

green0923
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I agree. Very weird. I was told that since I don't do bars, I will be on red until goal. And they moved me from red+ to red at 285, despite no bars.

Did not WI today. It's TOM, and i had a POOP weekend (in Katie's terms!). First time since I started the plan, and it was because we were out of town, and my SIL did not cook ANYTHING green. I tried to make the best choices for what they had, but it was slim pickin's! Oh well. Maybe I'll get rid of the extra sodium and WI on Wednesday.

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Deets,
How much do you workout per week? When I was at your weight I was on Gold and I was working out about 4 hours per week. I have no idea if it was right or wrong, but I had no problem losing.

I've also noticed lately that they seem to be using Blue a lot more than they used to. A few years ago I almost never heard of anyone being on Blue unless they worked odd hours, now it seems much more common.

anywhere from 2.5-4 hours per week and they also seemed to take into account that I am on the go with the kids (minus nap time on the boards here two days a week, LOL!) and am up working till about 12am everyday.

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure. Have you used fitday to track you calories before? I wonder if you should try that for week and see how many you are averaging per day. Search for a site that will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight, and then adjust your plan accordingly. My guess is that you need more food, but I think that you should get scientific about it, and really see where you are at.

Wow, very enlightening...seems like to maintain, I need 1768-2040 cals per day (light-moderate activity range- have no idea which to pick), they suggest to subtract 300 per day and add in exercise, bringing me to 1468-1740 needed per day. Logging todays journal, I get 1371 cals today as eaten/planned to be eaten. See, on paper I should be an anorexic, LOL!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Deets - I have a document that my personal trainer gave me that describes how many calories to lose, maintain or gain based on certain criteris - I will get it and type the formula for you if you're interested....just let me know

Chklithunder
05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
HeaherCP=weird. I'm at 234 now and was told I'd move down in another 16 lbs-so 220. Well, like I say "the centers are consistent in their inconsistency!"

My COD uses 224 as the benchmark for switching from Red, with a 4 lb variance on either side. You will be moved to purple anywhere from 228 to 220. It IS weird.

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Carmen - do you know what they use for Gold?

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
okay, you guys I'm doing lemon water for the first time today - how much should i drink??

I had pizza last night and although I haven't weighed - I can tell a big difference in my rings today - I've downed one coffee cup full - how much more?

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Deets - I have a document that my personal trainer gave me that describes how many calories to lose, maintain or gain based on certain criteris - I will get it and type the formula for you if you're interested....just let me know

That would be awesome, cos when I just re-did my entry on fitday with the LA Lite shake that they told me to sub for the bar today, its only 1234 cals for the day...HOW THE H@LL am I up on this kind of calorie intake? I never even considered how many calories I am using, I just blind-trusted the center (DUH). Seems really low and for that, I should be wasting away.

deetsmom
okay, you guys I'm doing lemon water for the first time today - how much should i drink??

I had pizza last night and although I haven't weighed - I can tell a big difference in my rings today - I've downed one coffee cup full - how much more?

They say about 2 8oz cups...

Chklithunder
Carmen - do you know what they use for Gold?

HeatherPP - I think it's either 184 or 186.

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 03:36 PM
I was just asking - I wasn't losing on Gold, after a few months, but the exercise was getting intense - so some of the chickies suggested I move to blue - with the bars of course.......I guess i'm probably in the right place. i guess if something doesn't move after 3/4 week of the challenge - I will re-evaluate......

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Deets - i walk around the building at 3 - I will go by my car and get that paper out and type up the formula for you -

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Deets - i walk around the building at 3 - I will go by my car and get that paper out and type up the formula for you -
You are such a sweetie:hug:

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
heatherpp, go get a giant diet lemonade from chick-fil-a...it'll get you flushed ;)

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:44 PM
heatherpp, go get a giant diet lemonade from chick-fil-a...it'll get you flushed ;)

Change your ticker skinny....

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
See Deets, I do not think that you are getting enough food!

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 03:56 PM
See Deets, I do not think that you are getting enough food! Yea, Im seeing that...my center is so useless. I moved up from Gold 5 weeks ago and since that time, I am up 2 pounds. Whats your take, Katie? You seem more qualified than my clueless counselors....what plan should I try next? LOL!!

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Ooo-baby! I feel every muscle in my a#s today! :stars: Yesterday when I set out for my 5mi walk I just decided to change my route and ended up doing 12mi. That's the farthest I've gone this training period-actually that's the farthest I've gone since doing the marathon in Oct 2004. And-it felt great, I was tired, sore, and hungry, but not miserable. I finished in under 4 hours-which means I'm doing faster than 20min miles which is amazing for me! It's amazing how much of this training is mental. 2 years ago, 12mi would've scared the crud out of me-now it's just-hmmm, wonder how sore I'll be after. I didn't even get freaked out at the halfway point (the point of no return-I mean, you have to get back to the car, right?).

I'm really liking being a group leader. I'm so busy worrying about my group, motivating them, etc that I kinda "forget" that my feet are killing me!

Did learn an important lesson yesterday-when it's TOM, a super-plus tampon will not last for 12 mi;) :running:

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 04:13 PM
12 mi-that is awesome!

Deets-I don't trust any number I havent' seen a couple of days at least...esp knowing I'll probably gain just looking at food after all the sickness this weekend.

I had a NSV I forgot to report. DS was whiny (stuck in the house from being sick) so I told DH to go on a walk with us. We stuck DS in the red wagon and went 2 mi. In the middle, DH said "I can't believe you're ahead of me and you're not being all slow and poky." I realized I was having a much easier time walking than 40 or even 20 lbs ago. Anyway, I finished and I wasn't really that sweaty or winded (I'm usually dripping). Anyway, DH has now lost (drumroll) THIRTY pounds. I said "when you get skinny do you think you'll realize it" because I was looking in the mirror and feel like I look the same. DH said "what do you mean...GIRL I AM SKINNY." My bad ;) He is looking great. His dunlap is dun-shrinking. He looks so much better..30 lbs has thrown his belly back into proportion and removed a lot of extra chin weight. I thought he was a hunk before, but I have never seen him below 230. If he keeps this up I might just pass out.

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
And I don't think I look "THE SAME" but I guess when you lose weight you have to remember that you're just going to be a smaller version of what you were before...not stick skinny. I saw a girl today with a sleeveless shirt and she was KIND OF skinny. Her arms were like mine,though. In fact, she was a lot like me...smaller torso, bigger arms and legs. Anyway, my friend was commenting on why in the heck is this girl chasing after her 2 kids in heels and then went off on a tangent about how mommies here are trying to look like desperate housewives or something with their dressing up to go to chick-fila. She then said "well, those 2 aren't that tiny, but they are made up and dressed to the nines." She then pointed to the girl who looked like my figure and her friend who was bigger. My friend then said "you're skinnier than the little one." Sorry, just don't see it. I wish I had the confidence to wear a sleeveless shirt or shorts. Lord knows it gets hot enough out here. Anyway, it got me to thinking...maybe I should TRY to wear something more revealing.

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Kristi-

No, I'm training with a group called Women Walk the Marathon. It's only for walkers and mainly comprised of women-there are some husbands and other various family members . . .Other training programs like Portland Fit really cater to runners and the walkers get the shaft. And they do the same course every time. How boring! All of our group walks are different, we have many pace groups with 1 or 2 leaders per group. We have an amazing coach and lectures once a month. If you ever think you'd like to walk the marathon-you should check out this group. There's even a racewalking pace group if that's your thing. i don't care how much weight I lose-I doubt I'll ever be a runner. My knees aren't that strong.

aggie2006
05-01-2006, 04:25 PM
jm~ LMAO about the super plus tampon~ i wonder if i can walk at that pace for 4 hrs/12 miles...holy c!#p that seems like a lot...
DF~ congrats on the NSV and the hunk that came along with you...its os strange how weight changes someone...stamina, looks, personality, mood...in the long run the struggles worth the benefits...

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
JulieMarie- WOW! 12 miles in so amazing. I can't even imagine walking that far!

Dairy- Great NSV on the walk.

Deets- So you are on blue now? What about adding a dairy and a fat?

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Dairy - Congrats on the wonderful NSV - great news about you and DH!! And I totally understand abaout how you look the same to yourself - It is really hard to realize how far you've come without looking at pics or just looking at the diff in your clothes -

you've done wonderful with your own journey as well as your DH!! You go girl!!

oh, by the way - does that diet lemonade thingy really work???

getting ready to post that formula - just finished typing it up

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Julie Marie - Congrats on the 12 miles - i would've past out - such a wonderful accomplishment!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 04:50 PM
TO DETERMINE HOW MANY CALORIES YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN,LOSE, OR GAIN WEIGHT (DAILY)

CHOOSE YOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL:

(14) Sedentary Woman (Women who are not involved in an exercise program)
(16) Sedentary Men/Moderately Active Women (Women w/ active jobs or who are involved in a moderate exercise program)
(18) Moderately Active Men/ Very Active Women (Trained female athletes or women involved in daily aerobic conditioning)
(20) Highly Active Men (Male athletes involved in daily aerobic conditioning)

Step one – Current Weight x Activity Level
Step two – The difference between age and 35 = _____ x 10
Step three – Answer to step one _____ + or – Answer to Step Two______
(Plus if younger than 35, minus if older)

This total is your Daily Caloric Needs to maintain your current weight

To lose 1 lb. Per week minus 500 calories from this total ______
To lose 1 1/2lbs. Per week minus 750 calories from this total ______
To lose 2 lbs. Per week minus 1000 calories from this total ______

I don’t think you guys care about the gaining part…..heheheheehe

I used 17 as my activity and 163.5 as my weight - I'm 30
So my numbers came to
Step 1-> (163.5 * 17)=2779
Step 2-> 5*10=50
Step 3-> 2779+50 = 2829.5
lose 2lbs/week 2829.5-1000 = 1829.5 - now this seems high but who knows?? I've been following blue - but never really wrote down my calories -

Mom_of_3_Monsters
05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting that Heather !

Denise Wilson
05-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Dairy, I'm so with you on the seeing yourself the same 'cause i'm also the same way. My DS is like, "Wow, your belly is going down!" but it still just looks big to me. Or DH will hug me and say, "Your definately getting smaller" and I'll be like "Ya think so?" But I agree w/ Purplepirate you gotta give yourself credit for all you've done...I say fake it until you make it! I'm going pretend I feel like I got it going on until I finally really do believe it. The more positivity you out, the more you'll recieve!

Julie Marie - All I can say...You go Girl!!! 12K! that's amazing! I wanna be like you!

LadyIzzy
05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
HAPPY MAY DAY everyone. Just wanted to make a quick driveby to say hello and let's this ball rolling. So far, Day 1 of TO is going great. I'm not hungry and figured that the reason I have had so much energy is the Colonix. Excuse the expression, but I'm not impacted as usual. Anyhu, I'll take the energy no matter where it's from.

c u later

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
But I agree w/ Purplepirate you gotta give yourself credit for all you've done...I say fake it until you make it! I'm going pretend I feel like I got it going on until I finally really do believe it. The more positivity you out, the more you'll recieve!

I will have to say that when you think positive - I truly believe positive things will happen - If you think you're doing good and you trust yourself that you are - then you will and you will continue to improve your self esteem more and more !! Here's :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to each and every one of us for continuing on our journey !!!! Good or bad - we are here for the long run!!!

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
TO DETERMINE HOW MANY CALORIES YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN,LOSE, OR GAIN WEIGHT (DAILY)

(16) Sedentary Men/Moderately Active Women (Women w/ active jobs or who are involved in a moderate exercise program)
(18) Moderately Active Men/ Very Active Women (Trained female athletes or women involved in daily aerobic conditioning)

So my numbers came to
Step 2-> 5*10=50
lose 2lbs/week 2829.5-1000 = 1829.5 - now this seems high but who knows?? I've been following blue - but never really wrote down my calories -

Thanks for doing this:hug:

Strange results though...it tells me that my daily caloric needs are 2228....so if you subtract 750 or 1000 respectively, I get a range of daily calories= 1228-1478 which is pretty much on track with what I am doing...very puzzling that I continue to gain:dizzy:

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes, it is puzzling - I don't know - I'm by no means an expert - Hopefully Katie - our personal COD can help you - she has been so helpful with me -

You're so welcome for posting it - I'm glad I could attempt to help - sorry it probably just confuses you even more hunh???

I really hope you get all this figured out -
Hey, maybe you need to do one week - blue - one week gold - or switch between the two plans?? or try that one dairy or starch plus a fat?? I'm so sorry I have no words of wisdom

sznn
05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey Deets - I was surfing through other categories on 3fc the other day and came across one on zig zaging. I read an article on zig zag eating to move you off a plateau.

The premise is:
-Calculate your caloric needs to maintain/lose (whichever mode you are in)
-work out a daily average
-change up your daily caloric intake

ex. caloric needs = 2000/day
= 14000/week
M = 1700
T = 2100
w = 1800
th = 1700
F = 2200
sa = 2300
su = 2200

Which days you choose to have higher calories - are flexible. (I believe)
I'm sure there is more info on the net - it is a method weight lifters use.

Eating like this knocks your body out of complacency. It is never sure how many calories it will get from day to day.
I sort of did a mini experiment this w/e and the scale seems to be moving down.
I frequently calculate my calories on fitday and I am around 1200-1300 on gold
I bumped up to 1500 sat/sun.

Ok - there's a little secret;)

-S

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Sznn-

But I think the problem is-she's TRYING to plateau ;)

sznn
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
JM - Congrats on the long walk:D

The zig/zag eating method also can be applied to maintenance - to avoid gaining.

-S

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey Deets - I was surfing through other categories on 3fc the other day and came across one on zig zaging. I read an article on zig zag eating to move you off a plateau.

The premise is:
-Calculate your caloric needs to maintain/lose (whichever mode you are in)
-work out a daily average
-change up your daily caloric intake

ex. caloric needs = 2000/day
= 14000/week
M = 1700
T = 2100
w = 1800
th = 1700
F = 2200
sa = 2300
su = 2200

Which days you choose to have higher calories - are flexible. (I believe)
I'm sure there is more info on the net - it is a method weight lifters use.

Eating like this knocks your body out of complacency. It is never sure how many calories it will get from day to day.
I sort of did a mini experiment this w/e and the scale seems to be moving down.
I frequently calculate my calories on fitday and I am around 1200-1300 on gold
I bumped up to 1500 sat/sun.

Ok - there's a little secret;)

-S

Interesting too....hmmm...I wonder how you would determine what groups to add in to offset the higher eating days or would adding heavier choices suffice. I guess I could start by adding in what they do in stabilization. Lots of great info today!

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 05:51 PM
JM - Congrats on the long walk:D

The zig/zag eating method also can be applied to maintenance - to avoid gaining.

-S

Just like the Wendy plan on WW ;)

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Sznn-

But I think the problem is-she's TRYING to plateau ;)

Who are you referring to? Me? Are you trying to be funny with that comment?:?:

slimmerKim
05-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Deets - I'm on blue too and I think it's my downfall, although I sure have gotten used to that extra starch!

When I started blue I was exercising 4 times a week for 45 minutes. Well, now I'm down to only twice a week (will eventually get back up to 4 times), and I think it's too much food.

I even asked if I could just follow blue on the days I exercised and do gold on the other days and the gal was in SHOCK I could even say such a thing - no way, that's NOT how it works. Well, I don't think it's really working this way, so who knows.

What I have noticed is that I'm hungry every 2 hours - exercise or not. I don't get it. I'm staying away for at least a month, to see what I can do on my own.

love2eat
05-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Happy May to everyone!! I am planning to stay POP all month....we will see!!! I have a goal to be in my bikini by the end of June and I still want to lose AT LEAST 15 lbs. I hope I can do it! It will be pushing it but I am going to try my best!! Got to average 2 lbs a week. On my 1st day of 2nd TO in the challenge. TOM is this week so I was up almost 3 lbs this morning but back down 1.5 after doing TO today and drinking my lemon water. I am hanging the bikini next to the fridge so I have a good motivator to make good decisions when I open the door!!!

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Who are you referring to? Me? Are you trying to be funny with that comment?:?:

Well, yes actually . . .aren't you trying to stabilize? Or did you switch back to weight loss phase?

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, yes actually . . .aren't you trying to stabilize? Or did you switch back to weight loss phase?

Im not trying to stabilize, no. Ive been back on weight loss for 5 weeks trying to combat the 4 pounds I have gained since the whole stabilization process began, so I am indeed NOT trying to cause a plateau. Im in the frustrated process of trying to lose 4 pounds and keep them off before maintaining and despite POP, I have continued to GAIN, not maintain.

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Whoops-sorry. I knew you were struggling with stabilization, but I guess I missed somewhere that you went back to weight loss phase. It doesn't make sense that you are gaining . . . .you sure you're not pregnant? ;)

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Deets, it is so baffling. Have you called the nutritionist yourself? I wonder if you should try the zig zagplan. Go up to 1700 on high days, no lower than 1300 on your low days. I don't know, but it seems to me like dairy or protein should make up the extra calories.

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Ohhhh Juliemarie, now you are in for it! LOL

juliemarie
05-01-2006, 06:48 PM
KIDDING! KIDDING! Don't come over here and smack me!

stacyj
05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey gals!
I am doing TO today and tomorrow..hope to see a good loss.
Sounds like everyone had a great weekend and are OP.
I went to my COD on Friday--stayed the same--so hopefully after TO and finish with TOM I will see a loss.
5 more weeks of school YEA I see the light!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
I am going to have to put a limit on you guys when I sub!! LOL--just kidding!! I am all for a new month--of course I said that last month, too...It's quite depressing that some are losing while binging and I am OP and not--WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME????? Ok--over it.

So many of you had such great weekends--our lives are pretty boring right now--ready for summer so we can get some traveling in. Congrats to all who lost--really I am happy for you--just a little green, too. :p

Heather, Deets, Sznn thanks for all the info. I really need to track my calories now. Supposedly I need 1576 (if I did it right--being 35 seemed to throw me for some reason!) to lose 2 lbs/week and surely on Gold I would be close--help if you disagree! Someone mentioned Gold and weight--I started at 188 and have been only on gold with lites.

Lisa--I seem to be in the same pattern as you and really would prefer to consistently lose than this BS. I seriously feel we (my COD and I) have tried everything to confuse my body but it's just refusing right now (for some time now actually). If you come up with the magic formula please share.

I know everyone here is sick of me whining and probably all feel by now I am a big fat liar--really--how can she be OP and not EVER lose. It's true--I am OP (not a liar--haha) so someone find the trick and I'll stop griping about it.:^:

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 07:02 PM
OH--a question--I have some great clementines but they are the size of a golfball--how many is a serving?? thanks

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Boosmom-glad to see you made it out alive! All those kindergarteners-WHOO!
Don't know about the clementines, but how many equal around 50 or 60 cals? That's how I'd roll with it.

Deets :hug: I hate this for you. It IS frustrating. Don't let this deprive you of the victory that you have lost SO MUCH WEIGHT! I think you should even update your ticker to pre-WW weight. You are absolutely right to be concerned about 4 lbs...4 lbs lead to 10 lbs and so on, but don't let this take away from the fact that you are an inspiration to us and you have accomplished so much. You will figure out what the problem is, and we'll be here to celebrate when you do!

Katie, how is your DH doing on covert LAWL?

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
DF--thanks! Today was a tough one because the teachers are actually there--but are pulling for testing so the kids think they don't have to listen and only be good the 10 seconds the teacher comes to get another! I am thrilled with your loss--not the sicky part but hey--something good should come of it.

Okay--someone please advise. Here is a pretty typical --pick it apart and tell me what on earth I need to change! Thanks in advance for taking the time!!

BF-toast, yogurt (S,D)
mid am-lite (L)
lunch--3 oz tuna, 15 grapes, 6 baby carrots, diet soda (P,F,V,C)
mid pm--lite, 2 clementines (L,F)
dinner-slimfast shake, 2 cup salad (P,S,V,V,C)
evening-apple (F)
100-125 oz. water

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Fruit earlier in the day? Looks pretty neat and tidy to me, girlie.
Yes, some good SHOULD come of being sick for once, right?

This tickles me a little, so let me tell you about what is going down in my tiny tiny rural Alabama hometown. First off, many of the immigrants from our county (pretty high percentage of the population for a rural area in the south) did this immigrant protest today. Apparently, this panicked the police who called the chamber of commerce and said "lock the doors, there's 1000s of them." I told my sister "the only way they could have been more racial is to say the town was 'crawlin' with 'em." Anyway, in response, the KKK (a small group, but they still think if a minority has a rally they have to counteract) has requested a rally permit for this weekend. When the Black Panthers heard about this, they decided they had to have a rally to counteract the KKK. Will they ever be able to drive down main street again with this domino effect? :rofl:

stiesta
05-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Deets,

Before you decide to kick me ;) , here is something to think about...it sounds to me like you just plain might not be eating enough. I was on a plateau back in February where NO MATTER how little I ate or how much I exercised, I could not lose, and was gaining. I got so ticked off that I took three days and ate whatever I wanted. Not OP things at all. Lo and behold, within a few days, I broke through the plateau and even lost a few extra pounds. I don't know metabolically what happened, but I think just letting my body have a lot of food (and bad food at that) was what it needed to release the precious stores it had been guarding! In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

It's so hard to know what to tell you -- I would sell my soul to the devil himself to look as good as you! :hug: But I know that's no consolation because you need to get and stay where you want to be, and where you've worked so hard to get at. Hang in there, chickie! :hug:

Repo girl
05-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Where the heck is Milca? Did she jet off to Puerto Rico again or something? Miss you girl!!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Geez DF--in the south?--I can't imagine! I taught To Kill a Mockingbird (love it) for years, so my first thought of the South is Scout, Jem, and Boo! And black or white--can Calpurnia come live with me and raise my girls??

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Katie--she better have a good excuse for ditching us today--and all weekend, too huh?

julieleeg
05-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Hello Ladies

Happy May and good luck this month!!!!!!!!!

Julie Marie Just want to say congrats on your walk that is awesome.

I had an okay weekend but did not weigh-in today due to the arrival of TOM. I will weigh-in Wed and hope for the best

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
KIDDING! KIDDING! Don't come over here and smack me!
Id be thrilled if I were, although nothing in the plans right now for us...not pregnant though.

stacyj
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey Deets,

In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

:

I agree but don't understand it. I have been dieting on and off it seems forever, and if I plateau for very long, eat whatever for a day or two, and jump back into the diet--magically my body seems to start losing again.
The key here is to just do it a day or two and get right back on plan, and sometimes that is HARD!

Gamababa3
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Boosmom how many P are you allowed? I know when I drink the meal replacements from the center I have to count them as a S & P, so since I only get two of each I have to decide if I really want to drink one or not. Today I had an apple for bf and a slimdown for lunch and a lite for snack. Since I didn't get a V in I'm having chicken a S and broccolli for dinner. I also had a jetstart, which is a F & D.

Nevermind I just went back over what you typed you had for dinner and looked at your P and I think you only had two counting the drink.

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey Deets,

Before you decide to kick me ;) , here is something to think about...it sounds to me like you just plain might not be eating enough. I was on a plateau back in February where NO MATTER how little I ate or how much I exercised, I could not lose, and was gaining. I got so ticked off that I took three days and ate whatever I wanted. Not OP things at all. Lo and behold, within a few days, I broke through the plateau and even lost a few extra pounds. I don't know metabolically what happened, but I think just letting my body have a lot of food (and bad food at that) was what it needed to release the precious stores it had been guarding! In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

It's so hard to know what to tell you -- I would sell my soul to the devil himself to look as good as you! :hug: But I know that's no consolation because you need to get and stay where you want to be, and where you've worked so hard to get at. Hang in there, chickie! :hug:

Thanks for the input from everyone, its been months of my complaining about this :(

I love the fitday suggestion and am going to be tracking my journal and trying the zig zag thing..AND, about this concept of cheating...yes, it totally works for some. My best friend is 5'2 and about 118lbs..she has a pattern of terrible eating/controlled eating that she does and swears by this rule. Sometimes she has just one offplan meal and othertimes shes a eating fool for days straight. Id be apt to lose total control at this point, Im afraid.

I planned out my calories for tomorrow, which will be a higher intake (of program foods) day and it took a lot of work to get the number to over 1500 calories...I added an extra 1/2 protein, dairy, and fruit/starch combination (like for a LA fruit/oat bar).

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I agree but don't understand it. I have been dieting on and off it seems forever, and if I plateau for very long, eat whatever for a day or two, and jump back into the diet--magically my body seems to start losing again.
The key here is to just do it a day or two and get right back on plan, and sometimes that is HARD!

I dont think I would even know what to eat if I werent so programmed anymore, you know? Plus, Im afraid my clothes literally wont fit...at my size, just a few pounds is enough to bump you out, you know?:dizzy: I DO know that I feel like taking a COD hiatus...the pressure to weigh in really can bite me :p

stiesta
Good luck, Deets...your success, after all, is our inspiration and our hope for the future! :hug:

deetsmom
Good luck, Deets...your success, after all, is our inspiration and our hope for the future! :hug::o Not TOO much pressure, LOL!!!!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Deets--I looked at the fitday--do I have to add in ALL the foods I eat to start getting calorie counts. It seemed so consuming, I was dragging stuff out of the fridge and pantry--is there an easier way that I am not getting? I am curious to my daily intake.

I am seriously debating just one major OFF plan meal out with DH--would do it this weekend but inlaws are coming--ugh

pinkflamingo68
05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh my Gosh - it's May 1st and we are 7 pages in...LOL...

Glad everyone is recommitting to May - I feel like I was POOP (to use Katie's term) almost as much as I was OP, with business travel and Easter and stress at work, so I started TO today- AND TOM! DH is running for his life.

Has this happened to anyone? I dreamed last night that I ate this big wonderful sandwich. I felt sorta bad in the dream, and when I woke up - I was laughing and SO RELIEVED that I dreamed it and hadn't broken my TO for real!

Is this an unhealthy relationship with food thing beginning, or normal? It was only a sandwich, not a triple fudge sundae or chili cheese fries.Anyone else dream about cheating in detail??

Hugs and will power to all,

Ange

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Im going to try this zig zag idea, there is a lot of research on it - ive been reading a lot tonight! I wonder if its best to have my workout days on my higher calorie days, you'd think, right? I think thats how it worked with the wendy plan on WW....

I guess I am going to end up either avoiding COD for a week or two, ot just fibbing in my journal, who knows...

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Deets--I looked at the fitday--do I have to add in ALL the foods I eat to start getting calorie counts. It seemed so consuming, I was dragging stuff out of the fridge and pantry--is there an easier way that I am not getting? I am curious to my daily intake.

I am seriously debating just one major OFF plan meal out with DH--would do it this weekend but inlaws are coming--ugh

My anniversary is Saturday...I think thats what we are going to do ;)

ksdiogi
05-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Okay. Regarding the weight holding pattern - I agree. Go off plan for just a day or two. Not even off plan, just eat what you want. I used to tell my Mom that you have to jump start your diet every so often.

RE: food plans and which color. I don't post my weight in my ticker because I don't want to see it and don't want DH to see it. I started at 288 and was put on Red plus with bars after Fast Forward (and losing almost 5 lbs). I decided not to do bars and was left on Red plus. I have been advised that I will drop down to regular red at 230lbs (well, not advised... I looked at my chart). I'm guessing around 180, I will go to purple without bars.

I have to share this funny story. My COD told me today that the bars were actually "liposuction you can eat". And she really believes this. But I love her to death. She still keeps trying to get me to buy their supplements (pills, etc.) but also acknowledges that I am doing awesome without any supplements or products.

ksdiogi
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
And re: dreaming of cheating... in detail... yeah, I do. Banana splits, cheeseburgers, whole pizzas, and even a pack of cigarettes to boot. (I haven't smoked in over 10 years!)

ljackson
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Boos- I agree you should try an off plan meal or 2 and then get right back on plan. I have about the same numbers as you (how tall are you?) I find this shakes things up a little and I will loose in the few days after that. I have also found that if I do the same thing with my exercise it helps. I work out real consistently for one week, then lighter for the next week. I don't know if that will work for you but it has helped me recently.
Also, I looked at what you ate today and it does not seem like enough to me. I am on gold too, but I usually split my starches and proteins by having one a higher calorie selection and the other a lower calorie selection. I don't know maybe I am wrong, I do not do shakes.
Lisa

stacyj
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I have to share this funny story. My COD told me today that the bars were actually "liposuction you can eat". And she really believes this. But I love her to death. She still keeps trying to get me to buy their supplements (pills, etc.) but also acknowledges that I am doing awesome without any supplements or products.

"liposuction you can eat?" that is hilarious! :dizzy:

pinkflamingo68
05-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Did anyone catch those doctors on Oprah today? Foods that you should never eat, that age you or whatever?

High-fructose corn syrup, Sugar, Fructose, all at the top of the list. So I ran and checked the Lites label...you guessed it-totally in the top ingredients... and no fiber, to boot. I don't really know what I was expecting, though!

A.

ljackson
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Pink Flamingo-
I saw that and I was thinking the same thing!!! In fact I was eating my lite as I was watching that and I wanted to go check the box, but I decided I did not want to know!!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Lisa--I am 5'6. It's funny you say it didn't seem like enough--I mostly feel like I am getting enough--not starving by any means--but seeing it on the screen didn't seem like much food--I guess the shake makes it seem even less so. I am so scared of going off plan--feel like I will have to gain to lose--but it really sounds so good right now. And just maybe it's what I need. Am I rationalizing now???

Boo'sMom
05-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Lisa--can you give me a typical day--like your higher vs lower counts, how you split your proteins and starches. I am trying really hard to vary my food--I am bad about getting into food ruts so ideas are always welcome. Thanks a bunch!

deetsmom
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Did anyone catch those doctors on Oprah today? Foods that you should never eat, that age you or whatever?

High-fructose corn syrup, Sugar, Fructose, all at the top of the list. So I ran and checked the Lites label...you guessed it-totally in the top ingredients... and no fiber, to boot. I don't really know what I was expecting, though!

A.
(((GROAN))) I wish they didnt taste so good:(

pinkflamingo68
05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh well, we're all eating sooo much better than we did before. But it sure makes you think about the wasted calories.

I'm so proud of my cabinets and fridge now! The poor woman on the show. But didn't she look incredible after her challenge???

www.oprah.com

A.

Rebeca
05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
aggie- Sorry you were a little down this weekend! I hope you are feeling better, and just have fun OP with your blender!

Angela- You should be feeling great with all the weight you already have lost! Good for you!!! I am so proud of ya!!!! Keep it up!

I HATE WORKING IN THIS OFFICE!!! EVERYDAY IS SOMEHTING DIFFERENT!!! Ok, let me calm down..one..two...three...four...Ok Iam calm now!

So after the triple choc cake event, everythign was great, and this afternnon with the nice beach weather that we are having, they decided to go to sonic for smoothies! I nicely replied! Then when they got back, magically one extra oreo choc smothie appeared!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CR@P? Anyways, it was nicely placed on my desk, with a note that read "they gave us one extra smoothie, hope you enjoy it"! I went to the back and devided the thing into four little cups and gave to four different people...and the rest went right to the trash! I pretended that i ate it! I had one full spoon of it and that was IT! After all of that, i have stayed POP for the day!

KIVAN- thanks for the hint! I was talking to myself the whole time, and would still be if it wasnt for you reminding me that we are already in May....Geehhh APril just fled right by!

Dairy Fairy
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
ange, are they talking about fructose ADDED into other foods? Isn't it in fruit which is good for you?

DH definitely agrees that corn syrup makes ya fat. He says he read that obesity spiked the year they changed coke from cane sugar to corn syrup sweetening.

Dairy Fairy
05-02-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm so proud b/c I don't eat any of the bad foods! I only keep a bag of sugar and flour in my cabinets because my brownies are requested at functions...they last a LONG time in my house.

pinkflamingo68
05-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Dairy-

They said Fructose is good/better when combined with fiber - like in fruit, because your body absorbs it slower. Plus it's in it's natural, not refined state.

He also was big on eating nuts raw, so their good fat isn't disturbed. Not roasted or anything.

missmuffet
05-02-2006, 12:03 AM
So many posts.........WOW! I haven't even gotten through them all. I have to go sit with my DB for a bit before he falls asleep in the chair. Just checking in. Worked in his yard all day. I'm going to really feel it tomorrow.

DS, How are you feeling? Hope you're better. Have you gained any wt. back?

Bre, I'm at my boyfriend's house. After reading your post, I just had to do yard work. So, I'm doing HIS yard, lol. I just love it. I'll be sleeping w the heating pad tonight.

Stiesta, Welcome home. So tell me..........How was Chicago? And, WOW, a weight loss after a trip like that! Way to go, girl.

Aggie, So sorry to hear about you crappy weekend. Thanks for that blender recipe. I'm definitely going to have it tomorrow.

Denise, I'm the same way when I'm out socially. It's just so hard. But, keep with it. People are noticing. Woohoo.

Rebecca, I think you handled that sonic smoothie situation with great diplomacy. Some people are just afraid that we just very well might succeed. You are already a beautiful looking young woman. Just wait until you reach goal, then watch out.

RG, What a lovely weekend. Thanks for sharing that. So sorry to hear about your friend's pet. This sounds insensitive but, that is such a common occurance that they've done some sit coms about the situation. However, it doesn't matter that it's a common occurance when you're the one it's happening to. You must be heartsick.

Have a good night everyone.

Jackie

ljackson
05-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Boo- where was your fat in todays journal?
I like to mix things up so a typical day for me is hard to write out

Breakfast- 8 oz yogurt and ground flax (D,Fat)
Snack- Lite and apple (F)
Lunch- 6oz chicken on spinach salad with lite drsg. 1oz baked chips, orange (P,V,C,S,F)
Snack- Lite
Dinner- v-8 while I am making dinner
4 oz salmon, 1/3 cup pasta, spinach salad (V,P,S,V)
Snack-strawberries with cool whip (F,C)

When I say I split my starches and proteins up I mean, maybe I will have 2 eggs and toast for lunch which is on the low end of calories, then I will have pasta and chicken for dinner which is higher. I also try to switch up when I have my starches, I usually like to get them over with before dinner.

Hope this helps.
I am 5'8 so we are close, what size are you now? I am between a 10 and a 12
When I started this 16's were too tight on me.

Lisa

Boo'sMom
05-02-2006, 12:18 AM
I usually count my dressing as my fat for the day--but today I had the new salad spritzer Katie mentioned--I really like it--I've only tried the Balsamic. So I guess there are days when I don't really get any. I was in the habit of eating unsalted peanuts every day but was told early on by COD that it wasn't a great idea.

Thanks for the run-down. I need to branch out--especially in the veggies--I eat a lot of carrots.

In hindsight I was really pushing some of my 14's over the years, I'm very comfortable in a 12 now and have recently bought some 10's (they are ok but were much better last week when I bought them on an empty stomach and pre-TOM--so I am hoping next week will be better.

Nite all--1st graders tomorrow!

ksdiogi
05-02-2006, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=Boo'sMom]I usually count my dressing as my fat for the day--but today I had the new salad spritzer Katie mentioned--I really like it--I've only tried the Balsamic. So I guess there are days when I don't really get any. QUOTE]

Definitely NOT GOOD! You need to get your fat in every day or you may find yourself needing an emergency gall bladder removal surgery or a quick scheduled removal surgery. My DM did not get in her fat every day. She was trying to be perfect (on WW points) and ended up with her gall bladder out. She's now learned that she has to have some fat. :dizzy:

ljackson
05-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Boo- You may want to cut back on carrots. I hate them so I rarely eat them, but I know on some diets they are grouped together with corn and squash and peas as vegetables to stay away from because they have too many carbs.
Also, I only count my dressing as a fat if it is full fat dressing. Fats are the hardest thing to get in for me. I usually do ground flax or nuts.

pinkflamingo68
05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Does anyone ever eat fuller-fat cheese or regular salad dressing and count that as a fat? I know the sodium in cheese is bad.

I also know I'm worried about getting enough dairy and fiber on Gold....if you choose the dairy proteins (cottage cheese anyone?), and fiber morning cereal for your starches, it gets sort of boring. (We should get 25 g. of fiber day.) HOW are you all getting fiber? Besides Colonix, LOL that's a whole other topic;)

Ange

aggie2006
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
heatherPP~ thanks for the caloric intake counter, very helpful

deets~ your metabolism slows down when it gets used to a way of eating...you can up your physical activity to get it moving, or do what heatherPP said...switch it up, do one day a week high carbs and high proteins...or add something to fool your body...everyweek atleast once, i say tomorrow go have a big mac with fries and a milk shake, thats over 1000cals, plus bkfst and dinner...go all out...i bet you will fool your body then!...your at goal so im not sure why you want to lose more...unless you have gained a little, but dont you think maybe this is the weight your supposed to be at and your body is fighting with you as your fighting with it...maybe maintenance is the choice for you at this point...everyone has a weight their body is comfortable at...maybe this is yours...if you want to appear slimmer, maybe its time to do some weights and tone up...maybe there isnt much more to lose rather tone...

i wrote that before reading what sznn wrote, and i agree with the zigzag method!

slimmerkim~ im with you, i need to eat every 2 hrs...yous stomach rids foods especially the healthy kinds were eating in 90min! so 2hrs is accurate why your hungry...drink lots of beverages and save your fruits and maybe some veggies for snacks and try eating them before you actuallly get hungry to prevent overeating...thats my method...it keeps me on plan...if i wait til im starving, i will eat the whole fridge...

boo~ your food outline is a typical day for me...but if i went to the COD w/o a loss with that they would tell me no fruit in the eve, and lay off the carrots...i love carrots too, but they swear by it that they have too much carb/sugar...and i say add some oil to your veggies, or meats...or eat some fatty cream cheese or some penut butter...that 120cals your missing out on! the oil your allowed is equivalent to 120cals!

rebeca~ thanks for the encouragement...im back on track...nice way you handled the smoothie situation...i dont get it,..why the heck are people always pushing you to eat...this sux...you got to get up on top of your desk and do a speach "NO MORE FOOD MY WAY PEOPLE!!" hehe...maybe they'll get it then...keep us posted on SIL progress..im curious to see if it works for her...

Happy tuesday to ALL! good luck to those doing TO! MILCA....OH NO, DORITOS!

dolphn545
05-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Boo - I was always told no fruit later in the evening. They want me to try to get all of my fruit in by 4 p.m. As far as fat, I know the choices are limited. But if I eat a salad at school, I count my dressing as my fat (because it's not FF). If I need a fat at other times, then I will (usually) get in (regular) cream cheese on celery. (actually, that's a fat and V)
You have come so far already. Even if you take the foods you already have, and just switch the time of day that you eat them. I also agree with somebody else (sorry, forgot who) about eating a couple higher point things in a day to throw your body off track.
:goodluck: You can do this!! :)

stacyj
05-02-2006, 08:00 AM
I like that salad spritzer and really liked it too. My COD mentioned throwing some nuts on my salad. YUM! They are good on there--I miss croutons, gives it some crunchy taste.

CandlePrincess
05-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Pink: I eat regular fat everything...just in moderation. I am one of the weird people who believe that low fat and reduced fat aren't good for you. I honestly believe that if you take the fat out of something you replace it with something processed, and I have yet to understand how that could be better for you. I am still losing doing this, but I don't eat the real stuff everyday either. I'm a southren girl and I can't imagine life without butter, real butter.

I watched a show on TLC last night about school lunches. I work in a school and think the biggest disservice we are doing to our children is feeding them school lunches, and having vending machines in the school. Anyway on this show Chef Jamie Oliver was trying to make a healthy meal that kids would eat on a very low school budget. It was sad to see soooooooo many kids that wouldn't eat something because it had veggies in it...or regular chicken and wasn't a hamburger or fries! It was amazingly sad, but so true!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Deets I think the zig zag plan may just be what your body needs. Sounds like you have programmed it very well and now you need to confuse it a little bit!!! Good LUck girlfriend - if anybody can accomplish it - you can!!!

Boo'sMom
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the advice--I will work harder at getting my fat in. No shake today--I am eating supper with the family! Less carrots will kill me--they are the only veg I really like--and they are so convenient! I had a small breakdown this morning--my scale was up .6--and you saw what I had yesterday!--my poor DH, but he is clueless--he cheated his butt off and is already on stabilization so what does he know about it? I am still OP today but no shake and tomorrow (after WI) we are going out. I know this is unnecessary stress and probably preventing me from losing, too. I really am sorry to be such a whiner. I think tomorrow I will insist they call the nutritionist or something--I am tired of them "guessing" every week.

Everyone have a great one--my first grade class (sub) is supposed to have their baby chicks hatch this week and I hope it starts today! The kids are beside themselves with the anticipation.

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Good morning my chickies!! Sounds like everyone has gotten alot of ideas about different ways to spice things up - I think I might try that zig zag thing as well. A co-worker of mine does that and he follows a muscle building plan - you have really high calories for a week and then low - I will post a link to that info if you guys want to read how that plan is supposed to help build muscle!!!

I'm going okay, but I pulled my back this morning in the shower - not really sure what happened, but I was shaving and then all of a sudden a sharp spasm went across the bottom of my back and ever since I can hardly move. I guess there will be a trip to the chiro this morning sometimes!!!

Other than that - I'm doing good - Had a very POP day yesterday - except for my shake - I forgot to bring it - so I think I substituted some extra s&P at lunch. back on challenge today though.....I really don't feel like I've lost anything more but I guess I have another 2 weeks to wait and see......

Katie - So did you weigh for DH this morning?? or are you making him wait?? I can't wait to see what your results were!!!

deetsmom
05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
heatherPP~ thanks for the caloric intake counter, very helpful

deets~ your metabolism slows down when it gets used to a way of eating...you can up your physical activity to get it moving, or do what heatherPP said...switch it up, do one day a week high carbs and high proteins...or add something to fool your body...everyweek atleast once, i say tomorrow go have a big mac with fries and a milk shake, thats over 1000cals, plus bkfst and dinner...go all out...i bet you will fool your body then!...your at goal so im not sure why you want to lose more...unless you have gained a little, but dont you think maybe this is the weight your supposed to be at and your body is fighting with you as your fighting with it...maybe maintenance is the choice for you at this point...everyone has a weight their body is comfortable at...maybe this is yours...if you want to appear slimmer, maybe its time to do some weights and tone up...maybe there isnt much more to lose rather tone...

I already work out regularly (toning and all), I am not at goal, after stabilization I gained a few pounds and continue to do so...its not a matter of not being happy with how I look, its a matter of stopping the slow creep up but thanks for your input.

stiesta
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm so proud b/c I don't eat any of the bad foods! I only keep a bag of sugar and flour in my cabinets because my brownies are requested at functions...they last a LONG time in my house.

I would like to request your brownies...YUM! :)

ljackson
05-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Ugh! I have slowly creeped up the past 2 days and I had not lost my gain from over the weekend. I feel embarrassed for giving Boo advice when I am gaining. The only things I can think of is that I have not been getting all my water in, I have had some higher salt things over the past few days, and I have been pushing the limit on weighing and measuring my portion sizes. I will buckle down today, I was so hoping that I would hit 159 by the end of this week.:?:
Lisa

Boo'sMom
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Don't be embarassed--I love all the help--I desperately need it! You will get it off--I was/still am hoping to hit 159 by the weekend. As crazy as I am making myself I haven't given up.

angelica1674
05-02-2006, 09:46 AM

So my numbers came to
Step 2-> 5*10=50
Ok,I am in no excercise program but I take care of my mother all day(I do everything,cook,clean,laundry,yard work,and talk to you girls,lol) then I go hom and take care of a 12,10,and a 15 month and my husband.So what would you all consider my number to br? 14 or 16? or maybe even 15?

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Angelica - I would say at least 15 or 16

angelica1674
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I think Ill count it as a 15 just to be safe.It says I should be eating 1630 to lose 2 lbs a week.I only eat about 1200-1300(I use fitday).Is that ok???(Well,except when I am have all the binges I have been having lately!!Bad,bad,bad!!)I am doing better though.I marked yesterday off my calender this morning.Only 27 days to go to be POP,lol

Maybe this is why I have been feeling hungry all the time??

slimkim
05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone!! Well my scales are steadily moving downward.. yeah!! Weighed in at 235.. can't tell you how many times I have been here..swore I would never be back in the 30's.. grrrr.. but going full steam ahead and this is IT.. my goal for may is to stay OP and lose weight steady whatever rate my body can do it.. to do cardio 2x a week and strength training 1x a week to start... this will build up as i slim down.. I can do this with your support too I will be there for you too.. thanks...Kim

Rebeca
05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Good Morning ladies-
Missmuffet_ thank you for the FABUlOUS complement! I was proud of myself during the smoothie event! Its sad that it keeps happening over and over again!

Aggie- Hope your week is going good!!! SIL is really excited! She lost 2 lbs in the first day! She said she wasnt hungry but there were lots and lots of temptations! So i encouraged her and told her about the smoothie!

I actually had to make sure that i dropped a full glass of water on top of the oreos so I wouldnt get it from the trash! HOW SAD IS THAT??? whatever keeps me from eating! SIL said she would be over to work out but never showed up; so i just cuddled with DH and went back to sleep for an extra hour! Its the week of my finals so I am not pushing myself! I want to get all the rest I can!

Guys have a POP day!

angelica1674
05-02-2006, 10:34 AM
rebecca~I have done the same thing!! But I usually put ketchup or mustard all over it ,then throw it away!LOL

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
WTG Kim!!!

aggie2006
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
heatherCP~ its so funny you mentioned that because me and my mom had a conversation the other day about how me and my sister came about to be overweight...my mom blames herself...but i have no clue as to why. if anything she deprived us of candy and sweets...maybe that factored in but i think i started to gain weight on school lunches...she had heard something that the school where tyring to implement Vitamin water over soda...but thats not enough, the fact that i had a cheeseburger with fries or pasta everyday was probably the start of my carb adiction which led to the overeating at home and so forth...i read an article on CNN website about the obesity rate in elementary kids rising to over 50%, wholy cr#p...i remember in my time there being one or two kids that were bigger in my class...its horrible whats happening these day...

boo~ how cute about the chicks, i wish we did stuff like that when we were kids...hey id like to do it now...i bet your excited too!

deets~ sorry if whatever i said seemed negative...just trying to help you see all aspects..but i guess you got that down packed...good luck with the zigzag method...i saw earlier that you said you would give it a try...dont be down...everything will work itself out and start moving for you again...atleast your there...im still far and a long journey is ahead of me...i bet we will all struggle when so close to goal...

kim~ you can do it! woohooo! im with you..my new plan for may is to try and do cardio and weight training to up my loss! were all in this together, its gonna be tough, but we can do it!

rebeca~ hey girlie, im having an ok week, started to exercise again...woosh im tired already...going hard core in MAY...good luck on your finals! and great start for SIL!

Dairy Fairy
05-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I forgot to weigh this morning...sorry boosmom and deets! I did weigh 167 last night, so I'm guessing it's less than that ;)

I have had to throw food away or give it to the dog to avoid eating it...pretty sad.

My sister only lets my nephews eat 2 meals at school per week- they get to pick the days they really want which ends up being pizza and burger or pizza and fried shrimp. The rest are sack lunches with a sandwich, 100cal pack snack, and fruit. I wish I had someone teach me to eat like that. None of her kids are overweight, but one tends to lean that way and has since birth. He's stayed in check though. I am kinda fanatical about it, too. Since the DR. told me DShad a 90th percentile BMI, I have been measuring his milk even. I have always been strict with the juice (no more than 4 oz day diluted unless he is sick). Anyway, it has thrown him back into a normal BMI percentile (either 50 or 78 percent...I couldn't get a great read on his height) within 2 mos! I'm so glad. I think you lay the foundation for obesity now. I'm not saying if I let him get fat he wouldn't lose weight later in life, but It hink it would make it a more difficult struggle.

Off to music class!

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, DH weighed me last night. I don't think that he was very impressed with the results, because then he sat me down and said that I have GOT to start exercising again, no matter what. He was trying really hard to be motivational, and I do appreciate him trying to pump me up, but the whole conversation had me in tears. In fact, I am in tears right now just talking about it. I guess he really brought a lot of my WL fears right to the surface. My TOM is due any minute now, so that does not help much, either. I am really an emotional mess right now. I am still seeing moving pictures in my head of the whole horrible scene with Peaches the other day, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Like I told Dairy, I wish that I had Dumbledore's pensieve. Anyway, DH pointed out that when I was getting up and exercising every day, I was not depressed, and my health was better. I got up this morning and jumped back in to the BL DVD. Wish I could say that it was magic, and I feel back to 100 % now, but I still don't. I am going to commit to exercising every day in May. I have my LAWL calender that they gave me at the first of the year, and I am going to start charting too, like Angelica. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS!

yoga_gurl
05-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Good morning!

It feels good to be back among the living. I ended up with a serious infection and a second oral surgery last monday. :cry: I felt like I was going to die! :devil: I finally went back to work yesterday, and am almost back on solid foods.

I have missed you all! ;) Sounds like everything is moving and shaking as usual.

I have been POOP for 2 weeks, but have managed not to gain anything back. It helps that I could hardly eat at all most of the time. I am starting the challenge today. I was reading about what several of you said about variety and I totally agree. I'm hoping the switch from soft foods to the challenge is really going to kick start my losing. I bought 2 new pairs of capri pants yesterday and am down a whole pant size! Whoohoo!:carrot:

Heather: I am with you on the whole fat issue. I have worked very hard to avoid trans fat for 10 years, and I just can't bring myself to eat it now. Some lowfat products are ok I think, but I steer clear of fat free. It's pretty common knowledge that trans fat contributes to heart disease, obesity, and even diabetes.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day, everyone! :grouphug:

Kristi :yoga:

yoga_gurl
05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Katie :hug: I'm sure that weighing at the end of the day did not help matters. I think you look fantastic. You are an inspiration to me. You are doing fantastic! Hang in there. Want to borrow my bottle of Rescue Remedy?

I love you sis.

Kristi

angelica1674
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, DH weighed me last night. I don't think that he was very impressed with the results, because then he sat me down and said that I have GOT to start exercising again, no matter what. He was trying really hard to be motivational, and I do appreciate him trying to pump me up, but the whole conversation had me in tears. In fact, I am in tears right now just talking about it. I guess he really brought a lot of my WL fears right to the surface. My TOM is due any minute now, so that does not help much, either. I am really an emotional mess right now. I am still seeing moving pictures in my head of the whole horrible scene with Peaches the other day, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Like I told Dairy, I wish that I had Dumbledore's pensieve. Anyway, DH pointed out that when I was getting up and exercising every day, I was not depressed, and my health was better. I got up this morning and jumped back in to the BL DVD. Wish I could say that it was magic, and I feel back to 100 % now, but I still don't. I am going to commit to exercising every day in May. I have my LAWL calender that they gave me at the first of the year, and I am going to start charting too, like Angelica. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS!

I am sorry you feel so bad.I am sure the scale showed a great loss.maybe he was trying to fool you?or sometimes men just think dont think right.Mayeb he thought you should have lost more when in reality it was a great loss.Dont get down!! I know how you feel though.Ive been feeling that way for awhile now.But....NO MORE.We are strong women and we can accomplish ANYTHING we put are minds to!!! The charting is a good thing.I put mine on the front of the fridge along with copy of my "heavy" picture.Last night I got a little hungry from the TO but I looked at the chart and the picture and I was like NO food for me,I cant have it so get outta the kitchen!!lol I hope it helps you too!! Stay strong.You are doing GREAT!!!You have been so strong to stay off the scale .I couldnt even do that for a few days.My prayers are with you:hug:

Rebeca
05-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Katie- I am sooo sorry that you are feeling down! I want you to know that you are an inspiration to me! You have helped me more than any of my CODs have, and you dont even get paid to do that! I am sure that the scale showed a great loss! And also we lose inches faster than weight itself! Come on girl! Stay motivated!!! You have come sooooo far! Think of the day you started LAWL, and think of how you felt about yourself then.... I know you are a different and better woman now! You are healthier for your husband and kids and i am sure they appreciate you for that!

Lots and lots of love,
from all of us!!!!

Chklithunder
05-02-2006, 12:24 PM

Killer Cramps again today, I look and feel as though I have 2 innertubes around my middle, and my back is killing me. The DSs are stressing me out, I had to leave work early yesterday because of an issue with the oldest DS that had to be nipped in the bud, and then as soon as I get settled in today and start working out a problem here at work, the nurse at youngest DSs school calls to let me know that he's in the clinic with a headache and earache, and wants to know what I want to do about it. I can't jump in the car and go to him because I'm on the bus today (couldn't drive today because there is a baseball game down here at noon and parking is $20). So I get ahold of DH and ask him to take the DS a dose of sinus medicine to school, and he gets all angry with me for calling him because he was at the nursery trying to pick plants for his veggie garden. ????? :kickbutt: :rollpin: I've HAD it today!

I hope you ladies are faring a bit better than me today. Yesterday was POP, so I think I'm hot stuff on the diet front right now.

Hey Deets - I thought you were trying to stabilize as well. Must be because of your ticker. I sure do hope that between the COD and the Chickies here that a viable solution is found for you. My heart goes out to you. And like someone said, we will probably all struggle as we get close to goal, so again thank you for posting your struggles here as a testimony and a reminder that this is a neverending journey.

Katie - Keep your chin up. Angie is right - don't get discouraged by DH comments, especially when you don't know what the scale said. You said you're feeling better and that you know you've lost. You're sticking to plan and you know that as long as you do that you will lose. :hug:

Yoga - Welcome back to the world of the living. Enjoy those solids.

Bre - Hey Chickie. Good to see you as always.

Leah, Norissa, Milca, Beanie - :mag:???

Dairy - That is so great about your DH and the 30 lbs. The remark about him being skinny is TOO FUNNY.

JulieM - Way To Go in walking 12 miles!

Gotta go find some drugs for these cramps and then get back to work. :cheers: to you all!
Carm

juliemarie
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Katie-

We all have those days, weeks . . . .the exercise probably wil help. Hang in there-you're doing amazing. Just think how lousy you'd feel if you hadn't lost those 52 lbs! The weight loss journey is a roller coaster ride-you're just getting ready to head back up the hill . . . . I'm enjoying my "high" right now for all it's worth-I know the downhill part will come again soon enough!

Man-I'm still a little stiff today even! The good news is I acted like an adult yesterday and emailed PB (potential boyfriend-yes I'm making up my own acronyms) and let him know exactly what was going on in my head and why I was pulling away and everything. He totally understood that he was coming on too strong and we agreed to take it one date at a time. I was so relieved! I instantly felt better about the whole thing and actually looked forward to seeing last nite for a movie. We held hands during the movie, a little good nite kiss, and it was as it should be, you know? I really happy I let him know what was going on so we could fix it and give the relationship a chance.

hkychik
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Good Morning Chickies!

Katie, chin up, girlie! You are doing awesome. An inspiration and motivation to us all. I'm sure DH just does't like seeing you depressed, and exercise DOES help with depression.

Kristi - Welcome back! We've missed you too!:hug:

I have to totally agree with the mixing it up, too. Whenever I stall, I go slightly OP and it seems to do the trick.

Have a great day, everyone - off to work in the yard... tis the season!

stiesta
05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Katie, sorry about your DH's insensitivity. Chalk it up to men will be men, and they don't get how much of our emotions are wrapped up in this thing. It's like the men are from mars book, they want to fix EVERYTHING. Hang in there, chickie!

I didn't get to go crawling back to COD today as planned...my oldest DS is home sick from school (Personally think he's faking, but we all need a day now and then). So I'm chillin, getting my exercise in, and catching up on laundry.

Have a good one, girls!

aggie2006
05-02-2006, 01:29 PM
katie~ im so sorry your feeling down...i guess its a tough week for all of us...im with you on the may exercise...im going to try as well...i got on the scale today and no motion again...i was so fed up i started to exercise yesterday...im sorry your having flashes...i bet its hard on you..i hope soon you will start to feel better...we need you around here! im sure the weight is a factor of a lot of things, yesterday you said your having BM problems, and TOM's coming soon, plus the whole brid situation got you all out of focus...but your still an inspiration, your a strong person and you can do it...lets all motivate eachother to do better this month...april sucked for me as well as for other girls...summers around the corner and we need to get focused...the link someone provided for the oprah show helped me get centered...shes doing the boot camp and if you read her letter of motivation its great, it helped me see why i was doing this...for me...finally to better myself...you can do it katie! you can do it!

yogagurl~ welcome back! im so happy all is well, katie scared us there for a minute when we read how swollen you were and that you needed another operation...well i guess all your fears about anesthesia were topped! great to have you back and i wish you great luck on the challenege!

bizlawchik
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Katie...

If you haven't already read all of the support you have here, let me add some more. I am brand new here, and even though I haven't posted much, I have read a lot of your posts. You are a true friend to everyone on the board, and your participation really helps to inspire a lot of us.

Hang in there, and maybe just try to get out there and exercise for 20 mins at a time. Chances are, once you do the 20 mins, you will find the motivation to go for longer.

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 01:49 PM

Oh Katie - My dearest dearest chickie - You just break my heart. I'm so saddened that you are upset!! Hopefully you just perceived DH's impression of the results differently than he really felt. You know as well as everyone else that with you starting TOM - that could have a huge impact on that scale. I will agree with one thing - you could tell a difference in your energetic posts and excitement when you were working out,,,,but with that said - I was thinking of you this morning on the way to work. I thought - You know Katie has been really quiet lately. I hope she is okay and isn't depressed about anything - Not sure what I had these feelings, but I did. I was even going to im you after lunch, but then I saw your post. Please do not get down - you have done an OUTSTANDING,FABULOUS,AMAZING,WONDERFUL job at changing your life, losing weight and becoming a much healthier person all around. I know the events of the past few weeks still bother you - but that like all other tragedys will take time to heal. You've had so much going on at least in the past week - so please don't beat yourself up - try to take it one day at a time - don't wear yourself out on the BL workout -= do it every other day to get back into it - see how you feel - as you do more and more - it will provide you with more energy and feeling better.

It really did bring tears to my eyes to see you so down. You are an inspiration to so many on this board and you are like many of our personal COD counselor - You are so knowledgable and we consider you such a wealth of information - you know why?? BECAUSE YOU ARE A SUCCESS - YOU HAVE MADE THIS PLAN WORK - NOT ONLY FOR YOU - BUT MANY OTHERS - YOU HAVE THE COMPASSION TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE AND TRY TO DETERMINE WHY THEY ARE HAVING TROUBLE. most people just take care of themselves - but look how many lives you affect in such a positive way - You have 18 kids daily that you love and take care of the neccesities - that is something the "ordinary" person just can't do - or wouldn't do........

I just want you to know that you are a wonderful person. Take your time - get back into "your" mode and things will work themselves out. Sometimes DH try to help motivate - but their words are just not as compassionate as we would like them to be - Remember he is only trying to help you and Mars is very very different from Venus!!! (trying to make you smile)

We love you girl!!!

juliemarie
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
yeah-what she said;)

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Good morning!

It feels good to be back among the living. I ended up with a serious infection and a second oral surgery last monday. :cry: I felt like I was going to die! :devil: I finally went back to work yesterday, and am almost back on solid foods.

I have missed you all! ;) Sounds like everything is moving and shaking as usual.

I have been POOP for 2 weeks, but have managed not to gain anything back. It helps that I could hardly eat at all most of the time. I am starting the challenge today. I was reading about what several of you said about variety and I totally agree. I'm hoping the switch from soft foods to the challenge is really going to kick start my losing. I bought 2 new pairs of capri pants yesterday and am down a whole pant size! Whoohoo!:carrot:

Kristi :yoga:Girl - so glad you are feeling better - I can't even imagine and congrats on the wonderful NSV - I'm sure those capri's "fit" you well!!! you go girl!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Killer Cramps again today, I look and feel as though I have 2 innertubes around my middle, and my back is killing me. The DSs are stressing me out, I had to leave work early yesterday because of an issue with the oldest DS that had to be nipped in the bud, and then as soon as I get settled in today and start working out a problem here at work, the nurse at youngest DSs school calls to let me know that he's in the clinic with a headache and earache, and wants to know what I want to do about it. I can't jump in the car and go to him because I'm on the bus today (couldn't drive today because there is a baseball game down here at noon and parking is $20). So I get ahold of DH and ask him to take the DS a dose of sinus medicine to school, and he gets all angry with me for calling him because he was at the nursery trying to pick plants for his veggie garden. ????? :kickbutt: :rollpin: I've HAD it today!

I hope you ladies are faring a bit better than me today. Yesterday was POP, so I think I'm hot stuff on the diet front right now.
Carm

I'm so sorry your having such a bad day!! You never get a break it seems like?? Glad you are hot stuff ont he diet front - that should at least make you feel somewhat better!!!!

Hopefully DH will get off that veggie garden high horse are realize what takes priority!!! men are to funny sometimes you know? they just don't get it

Dairy Fairy
05-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Katie, men have no clue what "reasonable weight loss" is. He probably has heard this challenge thing and (like the commercials) thinks you are really going to lose 20 lbs in a month and a half. You're 160 lbs girl...you don't have that much to lose. Men can lose 20 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks, so I'm sure he thinks he was going to see 140 or something (esp. with you in challenge mode). Don't pay one iota of attention to him (and you gotta be crazy to weigh AT NIGHT BEFORE TOM). If you are sticking with this no-scale thing, then go out tonight to walmart or something and try on pants just to see how they are fitting. I bet you're down a size, even. You trusting your Dh to guage "reasonable weight loss" is like letting your kids pick out "a small amount of candy." Just no clue!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 02:34 PM
You trusting your Dh to guage "reasonable weight loss" is like letting your kids pick out "a small amount of candy." Just no clue!

That was too funny!!!

juliemarie
05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
No kidding! Remember- a man can skip lunch and lose 10lbs!

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks so much all of you. I really needed that today. Somehow, I tend to lose focus of the big picture sometimes. I can do this. Furthermore, I AM doing this! You know, he is so funny. I think that he thought making me mad would get me up and going. Crazy part? It did. I am doing just fine with my WL, and I know I can get there. I cannot wait for family reunions this year. The fam is going to die when they see me. The other night my uncle said "Boy Kate, you sure are looking slim, wish I knew what your secret is." I said, "It is no secret, I am doing LAWL." He says, "Yeah, but does it really work?" DUDE, what? Here's your sign. Anyway, thanks for making me smile. I have a lot going for me, and guys help me to remember that.

Chklithunder
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Katie - :grouphug:. You know none of us are right when you're not right, right?

HeatherPP - Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts for a better day. Your positive attitude is so contagious, and I love it!!! BTW, have you tried another gourmet shake yet?

Calling Milca, come innn Milca...

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Carm- thanks chickie. I hope you day improves, too. Dang these kids and DH's. We need a vacation! From them!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Carm - no more experiments yet - but I did try the chocolate this morning - plain (out of the can though) and it wasn't that bad. The vanilla has some sort of aftertaste!! The chocolate I could deal with. I think that can gives them a funny flavor too - HOping to find something other than chocolate and vanilla - anybody found them at a national chain or somewhere on the east coast???

Chklithunder
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
HeatherPP - I also saw strawberry at walmart, but only got the Chocolate. I've been looking for the coffee flavor, to no avail.

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes.

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Too bad I can't....

Rebeca
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
katie- I remember that couple of days ago you were really constipated and took something for it! I dont know if this helps or not, but since i have BM problems a lot, i know for a fact that those pills bloats you like crazy. It doesnt matter what kind of laxative you take unless its a SODIUM FREE stool softner you are going to be bloated for a few days...Even the teas have that effect! Try making DH weight you again Sat. morning!

mrsbeanie
05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Hello- everyone! :wave:

Well Im officially doing the challenge! Saturday and Sunday were pure **** doing the take off. Yesterday I started the shake phase. Friday at weigh in the counselor gave me a chocolate slimdown to try and I have to say I was surprised I like it. I bought slimfast though and today tried the chocolate. I don't really like the fact it is in a metal can...tastes kind of tinny so now I am on the lookout for a drink in a plastic or cardboard can. Any ideas? OF course I missed the slimdown sale at my center....RATS!

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the challenge Beanie!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
mrs. beanie - I think the same thing about those cans -
EDITED TO ADD: WElcome to the challenge!!!

carmen - yea, those coffee ones sound good too - hmmm, maybe somebody online sells the straw and coffee - but then again - the shipping would be horrific due to those metal cans.....

I bet some of the higher end grocery stores might carry them. I've looked at wal-mart and target - I guess I'll have to try a few more.

Well, girls - due to my back and now I'm getting an ocular migraine - just not having much of a good day today - I think I'm headed home - I will see you chickies tomorrow!!! have a good night _ I will try to get on later if I can....

Dairy Fairy
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
beanie- pria complete nutrition and body 4 life shakes that i bought were in a cardboard yoo-hoo type box.

rad7775
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
EVE'S TALK WITH GOD

"Lord, I have a problem."

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all
of these wonderful animals, as well as that hilarious comedic snake, but
I'm just not happy."

"And why is that Eve?"

"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
you."

"Man? What is that Lord?"

"A flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie,cheat and be vain;
all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster and
will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he
will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in
childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be as smart as
you, so he will also need your advice to think properly."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with ironically raised eyebrows, "but what's
the catch Lord?"

"Well ... you can have him on one condition."

"And what's that Lord? "

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring ... So you'll
have to let him believe that I made him first.
And it will have to be our little secret ... you know, woman to woman."

rad7775
05-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I recieved this e-mail today I just want to share it with you, just to cheer us up....

Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I'm tired, and it's
getting late. I think I'll go to bed"

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper
the! following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar
container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning.

She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into
the washer, ironed a shirt and secured a loose button

She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on
the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to
dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the field trip, and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the
envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her purse.

Mom then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her Night
solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and filed her nails.

Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed."

"I'm on my way," she said.

She put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then
made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.

She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps
and TV's, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day,
straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most
important things to do list. She said her prayers, and visualized the
accomplishment of her goals.

About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in
particular.
"I'm going to bed."

And he did...without another thought.

Anything extraordinary here? Wonder why women live longer...?

CAUSE WE ARE MADE FOR THE LONG HAUL..... (and we can't die sooner, we still have things to do!!!!)

Send this to five phenomenal women today...they'll love you for it! I
just did.

THEN, GO TO BED!

hkychik
05-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Milca - :wave:

dawn78
05-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Milca - I love both of your posts, so true! As I was reading the second one I was saying to myself "This must have been written about me"! LOL.

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Hy Milca, those were great! Where you been lady?

Repo girl
05-02-2006, 06:12 PM
So my DH felt so bad about making me cry last night, that he came home on his lunch with a gift. Back when we were dating in high school, I had a pair of red Wranglers, size 3, that I looked killer in. Awhile back in the store I found a pair just like them, and told DH I wanted to buy them and hang them up in my bedroom where I could see them everyday. So he bought them today. OMG, they are tiny! So tiny! Anyway, they were a peace offering. Poor guy, wants to help, but ends up with major backfire. Anyway, I am going to hang them up and remember why I started this diet in the first place!!!

Chklithunder
05-02-2006, 06:22 PM
:love: Say what you will, he's a keeper!!!!!! :love:

dolphn545
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Everybody :wave:

Well, went to WI today. Hadn't been there since last Wednesday. I moved my ticker, but in the wrong direction! I'm up almost a full pound. :mad:

Yoga - :welcome: back! I missed seeing your posts.

Milca - where've you been?? I enjoyed your posts today. You've been quiet lately though.

Katie - :hug: hang in there. You have come so far already. You too really are an inspiration on these boards!

Carm - I hope you're feeling better. If the drugs don't work for your cramps, try a hot water bottle or something. (I miss my waterbed for that reason! The heat just seemed to ease my cramps!)

Congratulations to all the losers! HI to everybody else that I missed. :dizzy:

stiesta
05-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Just had to log on and brag about what I good man I married...so you all know I just got home from NYC where I shopped, saw a show, and spent tons of money. Well, what I didn't tell you all was that one of my friends who was supposed to go with us got hit by a drunk driver on Friday and was unable to go. She wasn't hurt, but was way too frazzled to leave her family for the weekend. Well, she called me today and said she found tickets online to see "Wicked" in Boston. Both of us have been dying to see it -- we both read the book and we're just loving the music. We've tried to get tickets in NY and Boston and have been unsuccessful. Well, I felt bad even thinking of spending any more $$ on myself, not to mention the night out, but DH didn't even blink an eye, told me I absolutely deserve it and should go. Is he just the best or what?? :val2: He is so supportive of anything I ever want to do -- I just love that guy! :hug:

rad7775
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey Girls: :grouphug:

Missed you a lot!!!!! WOW 13 pages and is just been two days of May! I'm very far behind so I just want to give you a big :grouphug: and hope that all of you are doing great!

Katie:
Don't cry girl, :hug: sometimes men don't know how to express themselves in the way that we want to hear it... Trust me, it happen to me too with my DH, My Dh have "scold" me for not stick in to my diet everytime that I break it and I know the feeling of all those fears coming at you, but girl, don't worry you have been doing great and you are going to continue doing great. If you need a BL partner we can start helping each other on the excercise part and is gonna be more easier for both of us b/c I need to stick to my excercise too. DH didn't mean to hurt your feelings (but between you and me you know men are like DUH!!) he loves you very much and both of you have overcome a lot of obstacles together. You are a great woman with a big heart, you are allways giving and helping and no matter what that's what really counts!:hug:

Lori, Sherry, Carmen, Heatherpp, and all of you girls, a lot of blessings and wonderful things!! LOVE YA'LL!! :D

rad7775
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh Christie, that is so sweet girl! Hope that your friend feel better and when you go to see "Wicked" you have a great time, you sure deserve it! :hug:

Dairy Fairy
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm dying to see Wicked too..just skip the 7 gables house :lol:

LadyIzzy
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Sznn – your zig zag plan sounds like the Wendy’s Plan that I learned about from my weight watcher days. And, it worked for me at that time.

Missmuffet – I love the yard work also. I’ve been going from door to door, window to window to just look out. The next project is the wash the windows.

Rebeca – way to go on the smoothie thing. You so have willpower.

Candleprincess – I second that about the ff vs. real fat. They are finding that the margarines are not as good for you as real butter. I could have told them that.

Yoga gurl – it’s good to see you back. As if one surgery on your mouth wasn't enought, you had two. You are my she-ro.

Repo – I second Purplepirate words too. I’m sorry that you are down in the dumps. You have come a long way and help motivate others, so keep your head up girlfriend.

Hey Carmen – feel better and don’t let the small things get you down. You need to be strong for this weight loss journey. I can talk – it seems that I’m losing the same 3-5 lbs. For the last year.

Juliemarie – good for you in straightening out the situation before it becomes a big problem.

Klvan – it looks as if you head is in the right place.

Mrsbeanie - hello, it’s good to see ya. EAS Edge comes in box also. I started buying those because of the tinny taste of the other stuff. Welcome to the challenge.

Rad - I love that email Did you find a house? Where have you been? I thought the tenants from **** dogs may have eaten you up while you were doing laundry.

Stiesta – It sounds as if you have a keeper girlfriend. He is very thoughtful.

To everyone a good night. I'm about to pass out.

EDITED TO ADD: I messed up the 2nd daqy of TO by being on the phone with my brother and automatically making my shake in the blender. So, I only did one day of the three days that I was going to do. How stupid can I be.

ksdiogi
05-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Wicked??? Oh, I want to go. That's truly a DEAR DH right now.

Katie, you are awesome. He's a man and he means well but he's a man. Glad you're back on track today. And letting him see your weight on the scale - WOW! Hats off to you, girl.

JulieMarie- I read your post and thought "Man, I dream about Peanut Butter but have never thought about emailing it..." Then I saw Potential Boyfriend. I like that. But in my eyes, he'll always be peanut butter. :-)

My DH tries to be thoughtful. He'll call and ask "How much weight did you lose today?" and then respond with "Well, you've almost caught up to me... I mean, good job. I really need to diet again, blah blah blah" as he pulls his foot out of his mouth. And he just started trying to pull his foot out after I pointed out how much it hurt me. I'm real curious to hear his response when he sees the bag of clothes I had to pull out of my closet because they're too big. I'm sure it will be "Don't get rid of those. You paid good money for those!" I haven't decided what my response will be. I think a hanging would be a bit too harsh, don't you? ;-P

wp95jma
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey ladies, I haven't had a chance to catch up but thought I'd post a picture from my trip.

sznn
05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Julia - you look awesome!!
Ahhhh...Hawaii:D

-S

yoga_gurl
05-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Wow Julia-You look beautiful!:sunny:

Milca-I loved your posts, very funny/true.:comp:

I have tried bananas and strawberries in my shake. Tastes pretty good, actually wiith plenty of ice so it's like a milkshake. We can get strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and coffee here. They are kind of expensive, but I'm excited to see what kind of results I get with them. :carrot:

PP-how's the headache? Migraines are miserable. Have you ever tried aromatherapy to help? I think lavender and peppermint in combo help a lot. I used to get them after a car accident. :flow2:

Have a good night everyone. :balloons:

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 05:50 AM
heatherPP~ i got all four...they have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and coffee...but not in the high protein, those are only vanilla and chocolate, they havent made other flavors...sorry...

hey kristi~ i live in NYC, if you need some guidance, or a tour guide, or even meet for coffee, im all for it! then again you probably dont want to waste time in NYC on coffee! have a great trip, if you need any info or help, dont hessitate to ask...

beanie~ you can always get the powder and blend it with 8oz skim milk...its supposed to be the equivalent of the can...maybe that'll eliminate the can taste...

katie~ a size 3...WOW! how tiny were you...i thought you were small now, but jeeze...its good that he gave a peace offering...you guys are so cute, so's stiesta and her hubby...i cant wait for the right guy to come along and for us to share that as well...it makes me sad whenever you guys post how great your guys are...i dont wanna be alone anymore! ok, no pity for me! i know i have plenty of time...blah blah blah...hehe...

julia~ you lucky think, you guys are so cute and tan...i want to go to hawaii!

milca~ thanks for the cheer up posts! very cute...

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 05:52 AM
HAppy WEDNESDAY!
when i used to work, wed were happy days, half way through the work week!
well i was up a pound yesterday, now down the pound again...i hate 178...but i hate 180 more...errr...gotta go do some exercise in hopes of 177...hope you girlies have a POP day, and i will check in tomorrow...hows everyone doing today,...better spirits?

Boo'sMom
05-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Julia--what a BEAUTIFUL picture--that's a blowup for home for sure. You both look terrific--you are glowing!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Dairy - So are those good substitutes for the slimfast high protein - you are always so good at comparing the ingredients and calories and stuff? Just wondering -

Aggie - You broke my heart telling me that - I could have swore they came in four flavors...but you're right - Hopefully those other ones can be subs and I can get some different flavors!!!

Kristi - No I haven't tried any aromatherapy for the headaches - I really didn't realize what they were for the longest time. I would get really blurred vision and then after the blurry vision would start getting better, I would get this horrible headache. I talked to the eye doctor about it and he told he it was ocular (sp?) migraines ......they are really weird and very uncomfortable!!!

Julia - Beautiful picture!!! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!!!

Well, i'm doing better with the back this morning - still very painful - but I can move a little better!!!! hoping after today I will back to normal!! HA - NORMAL = ME!!! that will never happen!!!

Well off to do some work - I will check with you chickies later!!!

slimkim
05-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Morning LAdies~ sorry I don't know all your names to memory yet but in due time.. and posting.. Yesterday I was down to 235, then all day I gardened, I could not eat at lunch( visit to the dentist!) so i had a shake and only meat and veggie at dinner.. and today up 1/2 pound.. grrr.. I know I should not weigh daily but it is kind of an addiction.. and my scale is fluky.. so I really go by the way I feel ..I am sore and tired today.. but feeling good about my loss so far.. I started this weightloss journey way backk in 2000.. after the birth of my 6th (LAST!) child.. I was way up to 281.... that year I lost about 20 lbs.. then I kind of flubbed for a year then in 02 I did WW and lost another 25.. brought me into the 230's and I have been up and down from 240 down to 217 and yo yo ing.. but I am on a sling shot pointing downward this time.. I know I can do it ..
my DH says things he thinks will make me want to lose weight , like you know you shouldn't be eating that.. No really??? I tell him please just route(sp) me on like good job hon, I can see a difference.. (even if it's a lie) hahaha positive.. I thrive on that the other just depresses me.. so I just remember he's a man and they don't have a clue at times.. so I try to overlook and think.. martian... haha ok well by for awhile..Kim

Mom_of_3_Monsters
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey guys -- quick questioin -- can I use peanut butter as a fat ? and anyone know how much if so ? (I cannot find my book -- :mad: )

Thanks for any help !

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
slimKim - You are doing great and You're right - you can do this and it sounds like you have proved that to yourself before!!

Men are so hard to understand some times - they think their helping and we take them the wrong way - it is hard for them to b/c I truly think they don't know what to say - I think I have mine finally trained to just say the positive things, but ever now and then he will stop me from indulging,,,,,,

Repo girl
05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Okay, I have a big shocker this morning. I decided to try on the red 5's for fun. I pulled them clear on. Couldn't button them up, but they were on. They are stretch jeans, and there is no way I could wear them in public, but I am stunned that I could even get them over my butt. Wow. So, I must be doing okay, right?

nikkijo
05-03-2006, 10:32 AM
ok, here I go again..............I',m starting POP AGAIN today!! I don't know why I am so out of control. I need motivation........!!!

angelica1674
05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
ok, here I go again..............I',m starting POP AGAIN today!! I don't know why I am so out of control. I need motivation........!! :drill: YOU CAN DO IT!!!! May is a new month.A fresh start for all of us who have been out of control!April was a rough month for me.(I think it was the easter bunnies fault.He brings all that chocolate and stuff around!) Don't give in to temptation.Be strong.Keep think thats its summer and you want to look good in shorts or maybe even a swimsuit!!

yoga_gurl
05-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Katie-WOOHoo! That is so awesome! :carrot: See, DH was just totally out of his mind!

I think a tablespoon of PB is a Fat. Anyone?

I made a coffee shake blended with ice and strawberries. Yummy! :hun:

Have a great day ladies! :cheer:

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Okay, I have a big shocker this morning. I decided to try on the red 5's for fun. I pulled them clear on. Couldn't button them up, but they were on. They are stretch jeans, and there is no way I could wear them in public, but I am stunned that I could even get them over my butt. Wow. So, I must be doing okay, right?
Who even needs to answer that question????? You have already answered it - you go girl!!! that is soooo wonderful ....:hug: :carrot: ;) :D Just what you needed today!!!

angelica1674
05-03-2006, 10:57 AM
You go girl!! Bet that has made your day!!!

mrsbeanie
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Katie – Thanks for the challenge welcome. CONGRATS on the size five going up!! :woo: :cb:

Purple – sorry you had a migraine hope it is better today. Im glad Im not the only one that can taste the tinny taste!

Dairy – Thanks I actually went to every store in town last night looking for some shakes and found the body for life ones. I didn’t like their low carb one as well as las slimdown but Im sure that is due to the sugar not being there. LOL

Dolphn – Sorry about the pd. I haven’t moved my ticker either …. Needless to say after 3 weeks of not going to the center I was up and it was way more than a pd. Stupid scales. :hug:

Stiesta- definitely a keeper. Have fun!

Bree – “hug” sometimes its hard to remember your on TO. Don’t worry just be OP and everything will work out.

Ksdiogi – Congrats on getting rid of the old clothes. WOOHOO.

Yoga- glad to see you posting again!!

Aggie – I don’t know about the powders they tend to leave floaties at the bottom….UGG
Good luck hitting 177 I KNOW you can do it.

Nikkijo- Im right there with ya give or take a 2 or 3 days. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Norissa sorry but peanut butter is only a protein in my book. 3 tbs.

Carm – sorry about the ds and husband being a butt. Like everyone else said MEN!

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Thanks for you responses I am trying so hard to get back on track. Reading about all your successes helps me.

yoga_gurl
05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
:dust: for Beanie. You can do it!

:yoga:

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Good morning Beanie - Yes, I think I'm going to try those other shakes too and see if I like them any better?? never know until you try - I didn't really care for the pria complete bars - they were okay for the first few - but after about 5 - I just didn't like them anymore.......

mrsbeanie
05-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Yoga - awww thanks!!

Heather- let me know what you think of them.

I know I sound whiney but I do have a terrible terrible gag reflex. It makes me so mad sometimes. Most people say just plug your nose and chug. Tried that and then threw the whole can up when I let go of my nose....HA

I just love my 3fc time. Spending time on here is really motivating. But I am still taking care of the folks so the only time I can post is here at work and that is at most 3-4 hours a day. But today I am actually working 7 hours so I can spend more time here!! YEAH

haylo921
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out my finances since COD deposited a check they weren't supposed to and put me in a tough place as far as paying my bills and buying gas. I am hoping I might win the lottery or that someone might send me a check just because. I can't wait till they refund me my money I desperatly need it. If any one has any ideas on earning extra cash send them over.
:cry: :shrug: :stress:

Well I went to COD yesterday and I lost Yeah, I am trying very hard to stay POP.:cool:

Thanks for all the prayers for my dog and his heartworms.:hug: Tommorrow I take him for bloodwork to make sure he can handle the treatments.

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
haylo: my financial fix=ebay

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 12:00 PM
pb as fat... I know it is not technically on plan, but you can have 50 cal of almonds as a fat and I know you use all natural pb...maybe eat 50 calories worth?

Ok, horrible nightmare last night. First, I died. Then I guess that was too disturbing for my psyche and it morphed into DH dying. Your spouse dying isn't something you think about...your brain just doesn't want to go there during the waking hours. Anyway, this dream let me into that world and I wanted OUT. First I missed the companionship, then just his personality, then I started realizing ALL the things I rely on him for (being a good daddy, fixing things here and there, hanging out). I woke up in a near panic attack...breathing heavy, heart racing. I grabbed onto him for dear life. He thought I was crazy this morning when I was all over him just telling him how much I loved him :lol: I mean, we all know we would go crazy if something happened to our kids without even exploring that idea in our heads, but I didn't fully realize what a void he would leave until then. Oy. Hug your DH!

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 12:01 PM
katie~ YEA BABY! isnt that the boost you needed! WOOOHOOO....

beanie~ i agree, floaties suck...my mom ships them overseas since the cans are too heavy, so im stuck with floaties...the blender i got it godsent and does a good job at keeping floaties at bay...thanks for the 177 wishes! im drinking my lemon water, did my exercise and staying POP...TOM is 1.5 wks away so no reason not to finally see 177 tomorrow! saying my little prayers...thats the only thing left to do! ladies send some prayers my way!

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Aggie and beanie...have you ever tried maybe 2 tbsp hot water blended with the powder before adding the rest? I haven't done it with slimfast, but I do it with instant coffee and cocoa powder.

aggie2006
kristi~ YEY! im excited now! i cant wait for summer!

green0923
Good morning, ladies! Well, as usual, it's been pretty hectic! So my personals will be short and sweet ...

Katie - I can't even envision a size 5 right now! Congrats!!!!!!!! :carrot:

HeatherPP - ugh! My lil sis gets migraines, and they knock her out of commission! I'm so sorry! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Dairy – HeatherPP is right, you are a pro at comparing LAWL products to regular ones! Thanks for all of your help!

Dolphn – Well, a pound sucks, I know, but at least it's only a pound, right?

Stiesta - Have a great time!

Bre – it will all work out in the end. I can't do TO, so I can only imagine how tough it is!

Julia - that picture is gorgeous!!! Welcome back!

Ksdiogi – I did something similar, cleaning out the old clothes! It felt so good! Congrats!

Yoga - glad to see you around here! Katie kept us up on your mouth problems, so glad you are feeling better!

Aggie – You can do it! 177 is on its way!!!

Nikkijo- YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Norissa - for me, 3 Tbsp of PB is a protein; but I can see an argument of counting 1 Tbsp a fat.

Carm – sorry about your men giving you issues. *sigh* When will they learn? :)

Angelica - great motivation!

haylo - hope your baby is all better! My SIL's dog had heartworms, and recovered fine.

Well, sorry for those I missed, I'll try to post more later!

As for me, down 1.2 lbs since Friday. I'm not complaining since it's TOM, and I ate things way off plan this weekend (including 3 onion rings, baked beans, a few fries, etc.).

Have a POP day, ladies!

PURPLEPIRATE99
Haylo - so sorry you are having so much trouble with the finances - hopefully they will give you the refund and you won't have to worry about it -

Congats on the wonderful loss!!!

Hey Dairy - I had ask you a question in an earlier post that you probably didn't see - Are the body for life and/or the pria shakes a good sub for the slim fast ones as far as comparison ingredients/calories/protein....etc??

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
DF~ will do! thanks for the advice, i'll tell ya how it goes!
about the death dream, if it isnt brutal and bloody then a death in a dream is giving some one a new chance in life...like a new start...its a good thing! plus a little reminder here and there of how much you love someone is great...sorry for the scare, i know that has to be tough...i always dream im drowning and i wake up gasping for air...its terrible

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Erin - Wonderful loss girlfriend!!! I know you are estatic after the weekend!!!

I can't wait to weigh in - I'm doing the no weigh in 3 week challenge - but those scales keep calling my name every morning - "Come on over here Heather and see what I tell you today".......NOT!!!!

I don't notice a big difference yet, but I just keep following plan!

wp95jma
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Ok, BRAVELY got on the scale this morning - first time since the vacation - UP 5LBS I'm not changing my ticker yet though! I'm hoping it is mostly water weight and i will be slamming the lemon water down today. Luckly I don't have to weigh in at the COD until tomorrow.

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
erin~ thanks for the encouragement! and congrats on the 1.2 pds on TOM!! fabulous!

HeatherPP~ i know you said youve had a recent back strain, but are you still doing the personal training...i bet there is a great loss for you with the combo of shakes, training...the scales gonna be hollerin soon!

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
heather:

170 cal, 13g protein, 250 sodium, 5 fat - pria shake
body for life- used them all, but I remember only 180 or 190 cals and 15 g protein

I hated the prias, but it was vanilla flavor. I got them on clearance fo r25 cents each (wonder why)

Mom_of_3_Monsters
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Aggie and beanie...have you ever tried maybe 2 tbsp hot water blended with the powder before adding the rest? I haven't done it with slimfast, but I do it with instant coffee and cocoa powder.

OK I have a VERY odd question -- How does instant coffee compare to brewed ? I have been "scared" to buy it -- I have had instant tea and think that is pretty nasty -- lol

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Aggie - girl - no - no training this week - but maybe by friday if my back is better! - I do miss it though - if not Friday, I guess i will go mwf of next week to get back whipped in shape. I only got to go to the gym on monday this week- then my back went out yesterday - so bummed!!! yea, I hope those scales start screaming as long as it is in the right direction!! !

Oh, I just went on the slim fast site and they do have the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and coffee in the high protein - hmmmm, now can I find them??

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Norissa, I like it but my huband hates it. I use it in cold drinks at least half the time, so I prefer it to the ground for that reason. Well, that and my expensive bunn coffee maker doens't seem to make stuff taste good and I'm thinking it is because it is heating the water constantly and condensing the mineral concentration. Coffee tastes like yak coming out of that thing.

aggie2006
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
heatherpp~ sorry i got the high protein mixed up with the low carb, the low carb ones are the oned they only have in vanilla and chocolate...

norissa~ folgers makes a pretty good instant coffee...brewed always tastes better if you drink it black, atleast to me...folgers also makes the coffee singles if your ont he run, so you brew per cup...i drink those the most...

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
aggie - quite alright - I made myself feel alot better - hehehehe - I went to look for them after my chiro visit and no luck - still looking

pinkflamingo68
05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Norissa-

I love instant coffe - but it's almost like it's own drink - doesn't really taste like brewed coffee. And really is much better with milk or creamer, and a dash of splenda. It's an acquired taste!!

Here's to a grrat day to everyone.

Hugs,
Ange

Mom_of_3_Monsters
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info ladies ! I am just looking for something easy for when we go camping -- I may have to try the singles -- DH does not drink coffee, which is one reason I don't want to invest in a "stove top" coffee maker (they are only $10 -- but even at that -- I know I am cheap ;)) and its something else to pack and wash ;) and yes I am lazy too -- heehee ;)

haylo921
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
DairyFairy: good idea I had thought about getting rid of some stuff but I hadn't thought of ebay.
Also I have heard too, that death in a dream is not a negative thing I have heard it means an old part of you like a habit is dying and something new is ready to be followed through with.

deetsmom
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
the folgers singles are really good

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Dairy!! I appreciate it - I know my vitamin world carries the body for life shakes -

rad7775
05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Girls:
Well, I can't feel more happy /relieved I have my IUD inserted today. I have two days late on my period and I was scared as s*** b/c I really don't want have more kids right now, first b/c Sebastian have autism and his hyperactivity and speech problem, requires a lot of my attention and also Natalia is in the terrible, terrible two's, we are looking for a house and I'm not working right now and as soon that DD start pre-k I'm going back to work, so isn't a pretty picture to have another baby, even though we take our precautions but nothing is 100% for sure in this world, anyways, if it turned out that I was pregnant you know, what can I do, only GOD is the one that gives the life...but it turns out that no and I can't be more happy that I have the IUD inserted.

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Milca - Congrats on the IUD - you go girl!!!

Good to see you back posting again - WE missed you!

rad7775
05-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Heatherpp:
Thanks girl, I missed you a lot too!!!!:grouphug:

Rebeca
05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
rad- It really sounds like you have your hands full!

The other day the same thing happened to me and I havent really taken preucations in 8 months! My OBGYN asked if i wanted to get myself in trouble that way! i was like **** NOH! He laughed! I think i am one of those people that keeps thinking that it wont happend to them! No wonder my best friend is seven months pregnant!!!

I was prescribed the NuvaRing...Has anyone heard about it or tried it??? I would like some feedback!

dawn78
05-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Milca - I'm currently 5 days late and I'm getting a little worried. I took a test on Sunday and it was negative. My DH is insisting that I take another one tomorrow morning. He's ready for another one and I am too but, this may sound stupid, I wanted to be at goal weight before I got pg. We'll see what tomorrow brings, I'm sure it's just late.

Rebeca
05-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Dawn- Good Luck for you! I hope tommorrow brings the best...(whatever that might be...)

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
rad- It really sounds like you have your hands full!

The other day the same thing happened to me and I havent really taken preucations in 8 months! My OBGYN asked if i wanted to get myself in trouble that way! i was like **** NOH! He laughed! I think i am one of those people that keeps thinking that it wont happend to them! No wonder my best friend is seven months pregnant!!!

I was prescribed the NuvaRing...Has anyone heard about it or tried it??? I would like some feedback!Wow - glad I'm not the only one on the board worried about some "non-food" weight gain - hahaha:D

Rebeca - About the nuvaRing - I personally hated it - I couldn't keep the darn thing up and high enough to stay there - I think I was having to push it back up everytime I went to the bathroom. Now, for another perspecitve - my SIL is on it and loves it -

I ended up switching to the patch, but then I went back to the pills due to break through - Goodluck with the ring - maybe it will work for you - The idea of only thinking about it once a month is great if it will work for you!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Milca - I'm currently 5 days late and I'm getting a little worried. I took a test on Sunday and it was negative. My DH is insisting that I take another one tomorrow morning. He's ready for another one and I am too but, this may sound stupid, I wanted to be at goal weight before I got pg. We'll see what tomorrow brings, I'm sure it's just late.

Dawn - Ditto to what Milca said as well!!!

I thought I might be pg as well - a suprise from my anniversary trip, but I'm already spotting so I really think mine was the heavy personal training workout paired with TO - got me just weak and queasy.....Good luck girl!!

Rebeca
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
heather- I am very sensitive to hormonal changes! I have the mood swings, headaches and all of that plus more...than i have nausea, throw up, and five minutes later could eat a whole bull by myself...So the low hormonal dose is what made my obgyn prescribe it to me...hope it works...

rad7775
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Dawn:
Girl, I understand you, I was thinking the same since I gain a lot on my last pregnancy, maybe is just late! ;) Hope that everything turns good for you, girl!

rad7775
05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Dawn - Ditto to what Milca said as well!!!

I thought I might be pg as well - a suprise from my anniversary trip, but I'm already spotting so I really think mine was the heavy personal training workout paired with TO - got me just weak and queasy.....Good luck girl!!

Girl, I agree with you, and also I heard that a lot of stress also affect you in your cycle, it could come earlier or it could come late... (that is the reason why mine came late) and also I heard that if you keep thinking about it, like thinking that you are pg or that you're late creates stress and also can delayed it! Isn't that weird!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Milca - Yes, I can totally see where the stress would cause effects on your cycle!! I seem to end up breaking through all my Birhth control. I stayed on oe certain pill for 5 years before going off and getting pg - well that is the one I went back to - well, it is the generic version - so maybe only the real one works with my body - who knows????

Rebeca - Good luck - I sincerely hope it works for you!! I wish it would've worked for me - I just have a short "canal" I guess???? It seems to be very convienant birth control

dolphn545
05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

Katie - WTG! That is certainly an awesome NSV. :carrot: You should be very proud of yourself and how far you've come. You can do it!! and from the sounds of things, you're almost there!!

Mom of 3 - not sure about the PB, I've always only counted it as one of my Proteins.

Mrs. Beanie - as far as the slim fast powder shakes, they should blend up ok in the blender without being too powdery. If you still don't like the idea of powder, use the cans, but put them into the blender with some ice and fruit. It's worth a shot to save $$. Those LA slim down's are sooooooo expensive! I know what you mean about the can taste though.

Milca - Glad to see you today! :hug: :goodluck: with the house hunting.
I know what you mean about the needy child. If I would have had my youngest first, then she would probably BE an only child!

:bravo: to all the losers! Have a great POP remainder of the day everyone!

PURPLEPIRATE99
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Beanie - I've found over the last day - the chocolate doesn't seem to have as much "can" taste as the vanilla do - I pour mine in another glass too - which helps alot

rad7775
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Boo:
Where are you girl?:mag: :hug:

Sherry:
hey girl, glad to see you too. :hug: I totally understand you, in my case, when I met DH I was a single mother, my DS father went MIA, and still MIA, so my DH didn't have any kids and so we decided to have one more, but trust me girl if I didn't met DH I would have stayed alone raising Sebastian by myself, he requires a lot of attention and I know is not easy take care and raise of child with special needs, but you know what I don't regret it..:)

Rebeca
05-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Rad- I read this somewhere and I wanted to share:

"ONLY special people have SPECIAL Children"...

It was a quote displayed in an agency called Wings for Children that I worked as a volunteers for 3 years...

rad7775
05-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Rebecca:
That is so beautiful, Thank You! :hug:

Dairy Fairy
05-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I've always thought people with special needs kids were people God trusted with a bigger job.

Repo girl
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Then he picked the right person, Milca you are awesome!!

brittyboo07
05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Well chicks i think i just got caught up on everything i have missed :dizzy: wow that was a lot to read. Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Getting ready to leave the office so dont have time for personals but wanted to stop by and say hi!! I will catch yall tomorrow everyone have a great night!!

rad7775
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Dairy and Katie:

Thanks for making me feel so special, all of you are so wonderful! :grouphug: