Old 05-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Hello Ladies

Happy May and good luck this month!!!!!!!!!

Julie Marie Just want to say congrats on your walk that is awesome.

I had an okay weekend but did not weigh-in today due to the arrival of TOM. I will weigh-in Wed and hope for the best
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #92  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
KIDDING! KIDDING! Don't come over here and smack me!
Id be thrilled if I were, although nothing in the plans right now for us...not pregnant though.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
Hey Deets,

In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

:
I agree but don't understand it. I have been dieting on and off it seems forever, and if I plateau for very long, eat whatever for a day or two, and jump back into the diet--magically my body seems to start losing again.
The key here is to just do it a day or two and get right back on plan, and sometimes that is HARD!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #94  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Boosmom how many P are you allowed? I know when I drink the meal replacements from the center I have to count them as a S & P, so since I only get two of each I have to decide if I really want to drink one or not. Today I had an apple for bf and a slimdown for lunch and a lite for snack. Since I didn't get a V in I'm having chicken a S and broccolli for dinner. I also had a jetstart, which is a F & D.

Nevermind I just went back over what you typed you had for dinner and looked at your P and I think you only had two counting the drink.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #95  
banned

Quote:
Hey Deets,

Before you decide to kick me , here is something to think about...it sounds to me like you just plain might not be eating enough. I was on a plateau back in February where NO MATTER how little I ate or how much I exercised, I could not lose, and was gaining. I got so ticked off that I took three days and ate whatever I wanted. Not OP things at all. Lo and behold, within a few days, I broke through the plateau and even lost a few extra pounds. I don't know metabolically what happened, but I think just letting my body have a lot of food (and bad food at that) was what it needed to release the precious stores it had been guarding! In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

It's so hard to know what to tell you -- I would sell my soul to the devil himself to look as good as you! But I know that's no consolation because you need to get and stay where you want to be, and where you've worked so hard to get at. Hang in there, chickie!
Thanks for the input from everyone, its been months of my complaining about this

I love the fitday suggestion and am going to be tracking my journal and trying the zig zag thing..AND, about this concept of cheating...yes, it totally works for some. My best friend is 5'2 and about 118lbs..she has a pattern of terrible eating/controlled eating that she does and swears by this rule. Sometimes she has just one offplan meal and othertimes shes a eating fool for days straight. Id be apt to lose total control at this point, Im afraid.

I planned out my calories for tomorrow, which will be a higher intake (of program foods) day and it took a lot of work to get the number to over 1500 calories...I added an extra 1/2 protein, dairy, and fruit/starch combination (like for a LA fruit/oat bar).
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #96  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyj
I agree but don't understand it. I have been dieting on and off it seems forever, and if I plateau for very long, eat whatever for a day or two, and jump back into the diet--magically my body seems to start losing again.
The key here is to just do it a day or two and get right back on plan, and sometimes that is HARD!

I dont think I would even know what to eat if I werent so programmed anymore, you know? Plus, Im afraid my clothes literally wont fit...at my size, just a few pounds is enough to bump you out, you know? I DO know that I feel like taking a COD hiatus...the pressure to weigh in really can bite me
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #97  

Good luck, Deets...your success, after all, is our inspiration and our hope for the future!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #98  
banned

Quote:
Good luck, Deets...your success, after all, is our inspiration and our hope for the future!
Not TOO much pressure, LOL!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #99  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Deets--I looked at the fitday--do I have to add in ALL the foods I eat to start getting calorie counts. It seemed so consuming, I was dragging stuff out of the fridge and pantry--is there an easier way that I am not getting? I am curious to my daily intake.

I am seriously debating just one major OFF plan meal out with DH--would do it this weekend but inlaws are coming--ugh
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #100  

Oh my Gosh - it's May 1st and we are 7 pages in...LOL...

Glad everyone is recommitting to May - I feel like I was POOP (to use Katie's term) almost as much as I was OP, with business travel and Easter and stress at work, so I started TO today- AND TOM! DH is running for his life.

Has this happened to anyone? I dreamed last night that I ate this big wonderful sandwich. I felt sorta bad in the dream, and when I woke up - I was laughing and SO RELIEVED that I dreamed it and hadn't broken my TO for real!

Is this an unhealthy relationship with food thing beginning, or normal? It was only a sandwich, not a triple fudge sundae or chili cheese fries.Anyone else dream about cheating in detail??

Hugs and will power to all,

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #101  
banned

Im going to try this zig zag idea, there is a lot of research on it - ive been reading a lot tonight! I wonder if its best to have my workout days on my higher calorie days, you'd think, right? I think thats how it worked with the wendy plan on WW....

I guess I am going to end up either avoiding COD for a week or two, ot just fibbing in my journal, who knows...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #102  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Deets--I looked at the fitday--do I have to add in ALL the foods I eat to start getting calorie counts. It seemed so consuming, I was dragging stuff out of the fridge and pantry--is there an easier way that I am not getting? I am curious to my daily intake.

I am seriously debating just one major OFF plan meal out with DH--would do it this weekend but inlaws are coming--ugh
My anniversary is Saturday...I think thats what we are going to do
Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #103  
Karen

Okay. Regarding the weight holding pattern - I agree. Go off plan for just a day or two. Not even off plan, just eat what you want. I used to tell my Mom that you have to jump start your diet every so often.

RE: food plans and which color. I don't post my weight in my ticker because I don't want to see it and don't want DH to see it. I started at 288 and was put on Red plus with bars after Fast Forward (and losing almost 5 lbs). I decided not to do bars and was left on Red plus. I have been advised that I will drop down to regular red at 230lbs (well, not advised... I looked at my chart). I'm guessing around 180, I will go to purple without bars.

I have to share this funny story. My COD told me today that the bars were actually "liposuction you can eat". And she really believes this. But I love her to death. She still keeps trying to get me to buy their supplements (pills, etc.) but also acknowledges that I am doing awesome without any supplements or products.
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #104  
Karen

And re: dreaming of cheating... in detail... yeah, I do. Banana splits, cheeseburgers, whole pizzas, and even a pack of cigarettes to boot. (I haven't smoked in over 10 years!)
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #105  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Boos- I agree you should try an off plan meal or 2 and then get right back on plan. I have about the same numbers as you (how tall are you?) I find this shakes things up a little and I will loose in the few days after that. I have also found that if I do the same thing with my exercise it helps. I work out real consistently for one week, then lighter for the next week. I don't know if that will work for you but it has helped me recently.
Also, I looked at what you ate today and it does not seem like enough to me. I am on gold too, but I usually split my starches and proteins by having one a higher calorie selection and the other a lower calorie selection. I don't know maybe I am wrong, I do not do shakes.
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote