Old 05-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Over 50 -- Lightening Up -- May/June

Thought we could use a little bit of a fresh outlook while we head toward summer. . .

Have a great day. See you soon
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Oops . . . looks like we are also stuck with my typo . . . maybe we can ask a moderator to fix that lowercase 'j' on what should be June. . . please??
Old 05-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

OOps my post ended up on the April board.How can I get it over here on the new one? Donna
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Afraid I don't know, Donna. If I ever find a moderator to fix my lower case 'j' on 'June', I'll ask your question, too. Looks like neither one of us should have gotten out of bed this morning. Hopefully things will get better.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #5  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation Donna's post from end of April thread...

Quote:
Donna72664

Happy May Day to all of you:

The weather here is going to be beautiful today. I have walked my first mile
and will walk my second one after work.

Cheryl: So sorry for your foster daughter, how old is she? She is lucky to have you. And you know you have all of us for support. Good for you on not letting the stress cause you to overeat, it's so easy to turn to food.
Thanks, I did have a wonderful time with my daughter and grandson. We got a lot of exercise in, and didn't spend much money either!!!!

Hy: Don't you hate spending the whole weekend getting food ready for the week ahead? But I love it come Monday when I need something quick to fix for supper.

It's a new month so we can start over if we need to. I sure do, I've really been slacking in the exercise department. Have made a calendar and put my goal weight on the last day of the month, then I put some type of exercise on each day of the month to help me achieve that goal weight. Hope that will help. It's on the fridge for the whole world to see

Meowee: I like the new look of the board for May and June thanks

Everyone have a great day, hope to get back tomorrow to talk to you

Donna

There you go, Donna!

Old 05-02-2006, 08:15 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, everybody . . . where are you hiding?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Well, thanks as always to meowee for getting all set up for a new month

Meowee I didn't copy it to quote here, but I liked what you said about it being a new month and a new start if anyone needs one of those!! I think it IS important to look at what has worked and what hasn't...so thanks for that little reminder.

I was out shopping all day yesterday - my calves are actually sore this morning - lol!! That was more of a workout than I realized! I bought a new iron and couple very nice fans called vornado - and everything else purchased were gifts for family B'days and mom's day on both sides :-) My DH got some tennies and new slacks and shirts too. We both agreed it was just one of those days where we found everything we were looking for - I probably should have bought a lottery ticket on the way home - lol!!

I still have a drippy nose, but at least the major cold stuff seems to be over.

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone, Hope you're all doing well! I am still limping around from this leg problem! I've decided now that it's probally a shin-splint. I'll have one of the doctors look at it tomorrow. Not sure that you can do anything with them any way. But it has sure put an end to my exercising for now. I still lifted my weights yesterday. But I MISS my walks!

Thanks, meow, for the new board!

Donna, Good for you! You've got your exercise all planned out! That is such a help and you feel so good when you reach your goals.

Hy, You should have bought a lottery ticket girl!! How often do you go to the mall and find EVERYTHING you are looking for? Like never!!! Glad you're feeling a little better! Those cold can really knock you! Sounds like you got all your walking done!

Take care all, and go make it a good day! Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=redballoon][color=red]
There you go, Donna!

RED: THANKS FOR GETTING ME OVER HERE

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in. Will know tomorrow if my grazing is going to affect me. I have slacked off with the exercising, need to get my butt in gear. Writting it on the calender is a great idea.

I'll be back tomorrow to do personals.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:37 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Hello, gang . . . I'm feeling a little cloudy and overcast this morning . . . just like the weather. Just one of those days, I guess. I did get to move my ticker .8 to the right this morning and usually that sets me up for a good day, but for some reason all I can see this morning is the length of the journey still in front of me. Strange ????

Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back to my old self again, really soon. In the meantime, I think I'll sort of hibernate today and keep on reminding myself that it was the tortoise that won the race.

Thanks for understanding and for being here. See you soon, gang. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #12  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
Good Morning, everybody . . . where are you hiding?
I've been hiding in the corner with my home study CEU catalog. I just realized it was time to get my CEU done to get my RN license renewed, so I've been busy. Sorry.
I still renew my license biannually altho I have not been in the work force for almost 20 years now. I don't know why I bother, it's not like I'm going to start working again, well, maybe I guess to maintain some kind of identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
Hello, gang . . . I'm feeling a little cloudy and overcast this morning . . . just like the weather. Just one of those days, I guess. I did get to move my ticker .8 to the right this morning and usually that sets me up for a good day, but for some reason all I can see this morning is the length of the journey still in front of me. Strange ????
Meowee~I hear you. We all wish it would go faster, but I guess we all need to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Elyn...Are you able to buy some of these products on line and have them shipped to you? Morning Star has veggie sausage pattys, soy crumbles, corndogs and burgers. They are all excellent. I also buy Boca burgers, they are lower in points than morning star.
Cheryl
Cheryl~It's not possible to buy these products on line, besides it would be impractical because of import taxes, and with our strict food and drug regulations - it will take forever to finally get hold of them. Those OTC cold medicines you have over there are considered illegal/regulated in this country.
Anyway, I checked the Boca homesite and their products look delicious.
Sorry to hear about your foster daughters’ boyfriend. I hope she’s OK.

Freda~ I hope your leg is better. It is painful~ I used to get them when I was running (many moons ago). Do you do leg exercises to strengthen the shins? They really help especially if you run, jog or do a lot of brisk walking.

Good night everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone, Looks like it's going to be a beautiful, warm day! I promised my Gd that we would go to some garage sales to find some clothes for her "baby".

Yeah, I have shin splints. I had the Dr. look at them at work yesterday. He said if they weren't better in a week we would get x-rays. And he gave me some stretching exercises to do. In the mean time I guess no more walking for me.

Meow, Slow and easy does it too! Any movement to the right of the scale is a good move!

Yorkie, Didn't know you were a nurse too! Although you say you haven't practiced in a long time. Once a nurse always a nurse! thanks, I am starting with the stretches. probally why I got them in the first place, didn't stretch out well!

Everyone, have a good day! Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #14  

Morning Everyone, Just a quick check in before I do my workout with Richard. Had my weigh-in yesterday and I gained a pound. Not surprised with my grazing over the weekend. At least I grazed on healthy foods and not junk, so that's a good thing. I'm munching down broccoli/mushrooms, and my husband is finishing off a bag of potato chips I wasn't even tempted! YEAH ME I'll be back later to do personals, but want to get my excercise in I know it will warm me up, and I'm cold.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Morning, gang . . . I'm on my second day of blue and cloudy funk. My eating and exercising reflects my mood too . . . like Cheryl I've been overdoing it on healthy stuff because I don't have any really bad 'junk' in the house, but too much of a good thing is still too much. Too bad I don't overdo it on exercise when I feel like this; it tends to go the other way.

Hope you all have a better day that I'm having and once again, thanks for being here to listen to me whine. Keep on moving and shaking gang.