WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Question Carrying Points Over & Extra Points

Hello,
I have a question about carrying points over & the 35 extra points a week we are allowed to use.

First:
My daily point range is 30. I usually eat that but sometimes I eat just a few points under. Do I carry the remaining points over to the NEXT day ?

Second:
The extra points given; do I save them for a special occasion, use a couple a day if needed, use them only AS needed or ?????

Third:
When exercising, do I eat a few more points THAT day or carry the exercise points over to the following day ?

I normally dont eat 3 hours before bedtime. Do you all think thats a good habit ? When I used to work out thats what the trainer told me. Just trying to remember if thats correct.

Thanks for the help !! I love WW!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #2  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Re: points and carrying them over

WW doesn't do the carrying points over system anymore, they've replaced it with the 35 "extras". It's important you eat your allowed pts everyday, try to work it so you don't go under.

As for the 35 "extras", they are to be used to your discretion. You can save them for a special event, add 5 to each day of the week (7x5=35), use them only when you feel you need more pts one day, or don't use them at all.

Activity pts., I generally don't use them, but you are more than welcomed to add them to the days pts allowance. If you exercise today and earn 2 AP, then add those 2pts to todays allowance in your journal.

I hope this helps, Good Luck on your WW Journey
Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrmlisme
First: My daily point range is 30. I usually eat that but sometimes I eat just a few points under. Do I carry the remaining points over to the NEXT day ?
These are the bare minimum your body needs to function and continually eating less than that will only serve to slow your metabolism and cause your body to go into starvation mode thus not losing or even gaining.

Quote:
Second: The extra points given; do I save them for a special occasion, use a couple a day if needed, use them only AS needed or ?????
My first question is WHY WOULDN'T YOU USE THEM? Even eating them is still going to be less than what you were before you started otherwise you wouldn't be here. They are optional to use as you want. Eat them all in one day for a special occasion or use a few every day, eat a few one day and none the next and a bunch on the weekends.

Quote:
Third: When exercising, do I eat a few more points THAT day or carry the exercise points over to the following day ?
Again my question is WHY WOULDN'T YOU USE THEM? They are an optional part of the program but when you are move active your body needs more food/fuel to keep from thinking it is starving. Like was stated above they are only used on the day earned and do not carry over.

One word on the (and they are not extra) Flex aka Weekly Points and Activity Points you may need to give your body at least 3-4 weeks to adjust before saying you can't use them depending on what you have been doing and in reality there are very few who can't use them and still lose.

Quote:
I normally dont eat 3 hours before bedtime. Do you all think thats a good habit ? When I used to work out thats what the trainer told me. Just trying to remember if thats correct.
Here is an article on eating at night:

It’s a Spanish tradition: Have your last meal late at night, about 9:00 P.M., not long before you head to bed.

Eating right before bedtime? Isn’t that an invitation to obesity?

Evidently not. There’s now scientific evidence that you don’t gain more weight if you eat late at night. Several studies confirm that when you at has no connection with weight, and survey by the Department of Agriculture has demonstrated that evening eating in particular has no more effect on your weight than morning eating.

It’s the total number of calories consumed daily and expended in activity that makes – or breaks – weight gain. Apparently, the time of day when you consume those calories or burn them is really not an issue. The calories in your bedtime snack will be burned when they are needed. Even sleep burns about 50 calories an hour.

Dr. Howard M. Shapiro

and here is another article put out by W/W:

Myth: If you want to lose weight, you can’t eat after 6 P.M.

Truth: It’s been a popular belief that eating at night packs on the pounds, but solid research debunks this thinking. “A number of studies show there isn’t much evidence to support this,” says nutrition researcher Barbara Rolls, PH.D., author of Volumetrics: Feel Full on Few Caloires (HarperCollins, 2000). “The main thing is not to get overly hugnry so you are triggered to binge at night, “says Dr. Rolls. Instead of filling up on sugar-laden nighttime snacks, reach for fresh fruit or a bowl of soup when the munchies hit. “Remember,” adds Rolls, “it’s no so much when you eat, it’s what you eat.”

Weight Watchers Magazine September/October 2000 Issue

In reality unless you have a problem (medical or physical such as heartburn or being not hungry or hungry the next day) there is not reason to worry about when you eat or don't eat at night.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Kelly!
That was really some great information! I started WW on 4/20/06 and had never been on the program before. I really appreciated it.
Good luck to you Dawn on your weight loss journey!
We can do it if we support each other!
Closed Thread