Carb Counters - FitDay argued with me about SF Jello! ;)

BerkshireGrl
04-30-2006, 05:09 PM
So this morning I was merrily entering foods I expected to eat today into FitDay, including an individual pack of sugar free Jello.

Here is the label info:
Serving size: 1 snack (92g)
Calories: 10
Fat: 0
Carb: 0
Protein: 1g

FitDay responded by not letting me enter it as a custom food, telling me it was not computing correctly, and that the calories should REALLY be about 4 - since 1 gram of protein is 4 calories.

I suspect that the issue is that the fat and carbs are just under the limit and are being rounded off to zero, but are still contributing calories ;)

So, just curious what you all would do? I fudged it and made the protein into 2 grams to shut it up :lol:

Did FitDay always have this "fact checking" capability? Guess I never ran across it before heh! Seems like a good idea until it puts its foot down and says WRONG! :devil:

mandy71480
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I actually like this feature in FitDay. it assures me the foods I enter are a) being entered in correctly and b) the companies aren't trying to sneak in extra fat and and not count the calories for them. I've used FitDay for 5 years and it's always been on there for me.

Usually I just put in whatever FitDay suggests and leave it at that. What difference is 6 calories gonna make anyway, right? You can burp a few good times and burn that off! ;)

The calories are likely coming from a trace amount of fat. I think they spray the cups with vegetable oil so it won't stick. Who knows! :)

Born2run2
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I actually have never used fitday believe it or not. I thought it might be fun just to track my progress but never got out of the thinking about it mode(HAHA). That is interesting that it was giving you such a hard time over Jello. Go figure. Judy:dance: :joker: :ink:

iamfirmin
05-01-2006, 07:36 AM
I enter it as a custom item