Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default The Day of Weigh In?

How does your routine vary on the day of weigh in? Do you eat less, saving your largest meal for after weigh in? I'm just curious what everyone does...
Old 04-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  
banned

no food or drink for me and aleays in same clothes.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I drink a glass of water, eat something light, then go to water aerobics, then to the meeting. I always weigh in the same clothes.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #4  
I've had a rough week...

My meeting isn't until 7 pm And this is my first weigh in after the original... so I'm a bit nervous about how that's going to work!

So I don't want to not eat all day... but I also don't want to weigh more than I actually do!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

When I had WW meetings in the evenings I used to have a light lunch, finish drinking my water at lunch, eat nothing before the weigh-in and wear the same clothes. What ever you decide to do, eat or not eat, do the same every week to be consistent in your weigh-ins...
Old 04-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #6  
Another Tammy

I, also, weigh in in the evenings; at 6:00 to be exact. The fact is you just can't wait that long to start your eating for the day or your body will think it's starving and stop burning things. I usually have my oatmeal at 7:30 (when I get to work) then have a lighter lunch than I do ther days. I pick things that aren't heavy that will just sit in my stomach weighing me done. On other days, I usually will have a Lean Cuisine, Lean Pocket, or sandwich type things with a 1/2 c pear snack cups and a 2 pointish snack. On my WI days I'll choose something lighter that seems like it will digest easier and not just sit there as long, which definitely does not include much bread, crusts or noodles. I usually choose a cup of healthy cereal or have a salad, my pears and MAYBE a small 1 or 2 point snack (but no higher points). I try to stay to no more than 10-11 points. After lunch, I limit my water to sips when I'm thirsty and I try for no snacks what so ever.

I'm often quite hungry by weigh in because I've missed my afternoon snack but that's the chance I take. I do not always wear the same clothes since work plays a factor but I choose certain types of clothes. No jeans (they weigh more) but usually khakis and a light material button down shirt. I also remove my shoes and all jewelery. I've found that my watch alone adds .2 poiunds and it's not a big, bulky thing, just a regular woman's watch! So definitely get that jewelery off!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #7  
I've had a rough week...

Thank you for your tips

Now I have to figure out what I'll wear My wardrobe consists mostly of jeans! Although I could wear my "jogging pants" which are a pretty lightweight cotton! And I'm packing my purse with a snack for during the meeting so I can skip my afternoon snack!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  
one step at a time

I'm doing WW online, so I just weigh in first thing in the morning. I don't really worry about what I eat the night before (other than the usual point-tracking), because I figure if I do it one week, I'll have to keep doing it or else see a gain.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I weigh in at about 11:00 am on Mondays. It is the only day of the week I don't eat breakfast. I still do a few cups of coffee before hand. As for eating, I alway do much better point wise on M,T,W. Going to the WW meeting gets me all psyched up for good week.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #10  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

i used to not eat at all, but now i've found that i just feel better if i do. still, i eat very lightly. i don't drink much water until after the meeting, and i always weigh in wearing the same SORT of thing. i first weighed in wearing jeans, so i still wear jeans every week. and i wear some kind of light shirt. no jewelry. and i have my lucky weigh in shoes, a pair of light blue suede ballerina flats that weigh almost nothing.

some people will practically strip on the scale! LOL. whatever works for you, do it.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/272/180

Wow I had no idea of the rituals of weighing in..I have to work right after my meeting..i wasnt planning on wearing the same thing as last week i wore a flimsy skirt..but this week it's cooler outside so I would most likely wear jeans.. I think i will take my shoes off though, since last week i had on flip floppy sandles and this week I most likely will have Doc martins on, and those seem to weigh TONS! Maybe I will rethink it..I dont wanna stress over it when Im getting ready for work though..any advise?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Where I weigh in, you have to have your shoes on. So I try to wear about the same weight clothes and similar shoes. I don't try to stress too much and I try to eat like all my other days so that when I weigh in, I havn't stressed myself too much. I don't think it is good to stress over it. The reason we are here is to feel better about ourselves. The numbers are important, but how we look and feel about ourselves is the most important. In my book anyway!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #13  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

my doc martens weigh 3 pounds even. i weighed them at WW!! frightening!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

The day before weigh-in I eat lightly, with lots of fruits and veggies (even more than usual). I also try to drink extra water. Dinner every night before weigh-in day is Tilapia fish and salad - don't know why, it's just become a habit. I also have a cup of warm water with lemon before bed.

I weigh-in at 9:30 Tuesday mornings, so in the morning I don't have much of anything. A few sips of water, that's about it. After my weigh-in/meeting I have my vitamins, eat a banana, and go to Curves to work out.

I don't know if anything in this routine really helps or not, but I've been consistently losing since I started 5 weeks ago so I guess it's fine for me.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyChick
I'm doing WW online, so I just weigh in first thing in the morning. I don't really worry about what I eat the night before (other than the usual point-tracking), because I figure if I do it one week, I'll have to keep doing it or else see a gain.
Same here.
Closed Thread