Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 02:10 PM   #1  

Default Next week, I'm starting ww!

I have been confused for a while about whether or not WW is for me and if I should try something else. I finally come to the decision that WW is for me and that I am going stick with making a committment and reaching my goal! I was inquiring about Somersizing, wanting to see what this type of weightloss was about and was almost ready to doing it but after researching and then an article one gal posted, I changed my mind. I guess I was sick of the diet mentality feeling I had to be on a diet and although they call ww and others a lifestyle change, not a diet I still felt like I was dieting and I still do but you know what?? I need to diet and make and lifestyle change because I'm overweight. I can't eat just what I want and not worry or watch my portions, intake, etc. I ended up overweight because I HAVE been eating what I want and what portions I want. That has caused me to gain MANY pounds. It is time for me to realize that I have to do WW and make this my new lifestyle for my health and overall well being. I want to lose this weight and reach my goal and if I don't committ and stick with a good healthy program, I 'm not going to get there. I guess sometimes you want the easy route. Well, lets face it, there are none, LOL Only hard work and dedicating yourself to knowing that this is how you have to eat to keep control and stay slim. Pretty simple formula and healthy. I get impatient with losing quickly and fast loss will not be a permanent loss. I have to remember that. I also know that obsessing about that scale isn't a good thing, but also the fact that SCALES DON'T LIE and the numbers are true to how you look and I do have to pay attention to them. I am starting next week with WW after I grocery shop this weekend, plus there is no meeting now until next week. I am either doing ww meetings or ww at home. I had previously purchased the ww home program but never used it yet so not sure. Most likely, will get my BUTT to a meeting. I have been putting off joining for an eternity! Thank you and I look forward to hanging out on the boards and making WW a priority in my life.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:30 PM   #2  

BlueBerry, way to go; it sounds like you are really ready, and that you have heard that "click" so many people describe as their turning point in losing weight for good. And you're so right about being patient. I think that persistence is the most important, most vital attribute that people need to have in order to get healthy and stay that way. (Have you read Anne Fletcher's book, Thin for Life? Sounds like you have already discovered many of the attitudes she discusses there.) Anyway, I just wanted to cheer you on; you CAN do this! And yes, sometimes it's kinda hard (like all those dark winter mornings when I crawled out of bed to walk on the highway -- still am, too) but the rewards are worth every bit of effort! It took me a couple of years, but I finally reached my goal this summer, going from a size 24 to a size 10. And yes, it sure is true that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! You go, girl!!
Old 08-10-2001, 12:11 AM   #3  

Default Thanks Janet

Congrats on reaching goal this summer! WOW, from a size 24 to a 12! That is an inspiration to me and many others that you can do it with hard work and being HEAD STRONG and not quitting. I am a size 22 right now and would love to get to a 12 again and you know the best thing?? I WILL! Thanks for the response and continued success with you. I'm starting either at a meeting or doing my ww at home next week for sure! Most likely, getting to a meeting is what I am going to do. Thanks again!
Old 08-10-2001, 12:14 AM   #4  

Default sorry i misread, you said size 10 not 12, sorry GOOD GOING FOR YOU!

I am making my first goal, getting below 200 lbs. When that scale reads 199, MY OH MY, WHAT A HAPPY DAY THAT IS GONNA BE! LOL
Old 08-10-2001, 01:15 AM   #5  

Smile joining

Hi blueberry, me too. Will be going back on Wednesday to my first meeting in two years. I have been to WW at least 5 or 6 times, but I know that if I stick with it, it works. This time I am going to STICK WITH IT. I wish you all the luck, wish me luck too
Old 08-10-2001, 08:49 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Trip and Blueberry Pie,
Great decision! WW is the way to go. We all have to figure out how to make the program work for us. Congrats and much success.
234/thinner
Old 08-10-2001, 03:16 PM   #7  

BlueBerry - I'm so glad my post in the Somersizing thread inspired you to do WW. I know you'll be much more successful this time if you keep that take charge attitude.

Right now my sticking to my diet plan is just as hard as training for a marathon, but the results will be fantastic if you can hang in there. Then when you're at goal and reach your finishline, good eating habits will be ingrained in you and you won't go back.
Old 08-10-2001, 07:22 PM   #8  

Good for you! I started WW in March, and have lost 45 pounds since then. It is such a great program- good luck!
Old 08-11-2001, 04:10 PM   #9  

Smile Joining W.W.

Blue*Berry and Trip!!!!! You guys can do it!!! I've been a W.W. member since April of 99', and finally after 1 1/2 years, I reached Goal. I've maintained for 10 months so far. It, unfortunately, does take a while to drop the pounds, but it is SOOOOO worth it! I also went from a size 24 to a 12. It seems like there is a "straw that broke the camels back" moment in everyones life, and it's usually enough to jar you to your senses that, "hey...this is NOT good for me to be this FAT!!" It has to come from within you....can't be anyone elses idea. Remember, you are the only one that puts food in your mouth, no one force feeds you. (although my Mother tries all the time!!!) Remember to drink your water and eat your veggies because that's what helps keep you from having "saggy" skin when you loose all that weight. I lost 103# and my skin looks good! (I still can't believe it some days!) I'm not a big one for exercise, but I do try to do 20-30 min. of some kind of exercise about 3-4 times a week. I try to vary it, so I don't get bored. GOOD LUCK to you both!!
Old 08-11-2001, 06:03 PM   #10  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hey Pattipopipance,
Congrats on your terrific loss. You were just about where I was when I started. I can't wait to be a size 10. Good for you!
234/thinner
Old 08-11-2001, 06:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/159/149

Height: 5' 5"

Glad to read all your posts. I'm in my second week of WW and I keep thinking this is too good to be true. I'm always glad to read that others have lost large amounts and the pounds did come off. I feel full so muchof the time that its hard to believe I'm losing. The first week went really well and I'm anxious to see how this next week goes. Agnesmaree
Old 08-11-2001, 09:46 PM   #12  

Blueberry, boy are you right, that below 200 moment is the GREATEST! I had to lose 56 pounds to get there, and words can't describe how good it felt. As you will see! Keep on keepin' on. And thanks for the congrats!

And I agree w/you, Rhonwyn, those habits do become ingrained; this isn't a diet, it's a new, better lifetstyle.

Way to go, Colleen; what a fantastic loss! I agree, it's the best program out there.

Patty, you are so eloquent. No one could put it better. (You and I have lost exactly the same, though you did it a whole year faster than I did.) And congrats also on your 10 months maintenance!

Trip, I also had tried WW in the 70's and 80's, but *this* time I finally went all the way. I think that we learned some new skills each time, and finally we were "ready" to stick with it to goal. I also think the program has improved a great deal over the years...

Agnes, this plan really is the best there is. It's a way to live the rest of our lives, actually. Not a diet at all. And if you have a lot to lose, don't worry if you hit an occasional plateau; just keep to the plan, and it WILL work for you! Persistence! It is SO worth it, as Patty says!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-11-2001, 10:41 PM   #13  

I have done ww for almost 2 yrs.I had lost 70 lbs. but then got off track completely and haven't attended meetings for a while and of course have gotten off track and gained 35 lbs. back.I am going to go back to attending meetings this week and am going to get back on course.I felt so much better so I know I can do it and WILL!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:09 AM   #14  

Angry loving the points

I want to say congrats to all that have joined WW. I have been on it for the last 8 weeks and I just love the program. I find it easy to follow and I love the fact that the weight is coming off. I have lost 29 pounds and reached my first 10% goal. It is very exciting. I love the meeting and I look forward to them every week. I got to a point in my life where I said I just didn't want to be fat anymore, or at least I didn't want to get any fatter. I have a long ways to go and I can't wait to get below 200 (I know that will take time) and to be in a size 10 or 12...wow. Congrats to those of you who have done so well and are down to your goal weight. That is incredible. It lets me know that it is possible, that I can do it. I wish everyone luck, stick with it and if you bite it write it.

Melissa
Old 08-12-2001, 02:59 PM   #15  

Welcome Blue Berry Pie and congratulations to the rest of you for a job well done. I come here for daily inspiration and to know there IS light at the end of the tunnel. I recently purchased a trreadmill and lost 3 1/4this week so hope to join the rest of you someday. Thanks to WW we will all be there soon.
Closed Thread