WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #180

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #180

Jenny523
04-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Sandy,
It's sometimes difficult to stay positive when you're concerned about finances and what the future holds. I have a feeling things will turn around for you and Mike soon. You have a good plan for your job search. Good luck, I'm keeping you all in my prayers. :hug:

Es,
Hope all the birthday festivities were fun. How's your back been?

Princess,
You've been doing so well with the weekly losses :D I know you walk...do you do any other form of exercise? I'm a true couch potato. :o The only exercise I enjoy is walking or swimming/working out in the pool.

Terri,
The school year is winding down. I'm sure the kids are looking forward to summer vacation. Do you have plans to go out West again?

Dianne,
How are you? Is Alana making wedding plans yet?

My cold turned out to be a sinus infection. I'm on an antibiotic and can probably look forward to a yeast infection now... :rolleyes: But am feeling a bit better. It was good to take two days off and rest.

I cannot believe Monday is May 1st :eek: the wedding is upon us. Every weekend is full, but it will all be fun. Having it occur during the busiest time at my job makes for a challenge, but it's good stress!

Have a great weekend :wave:
~Jen

Rios426
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

Jen, you're right about how fast time is flying. I can't believe it either. I love this time of year.

May 11th, I'm having a procedure done on my back. I'm getting 4 cortizone shots. I just want to get it over with so I can get back to the gym. As far as WW I'm trying.:rolleyes: It's been really hard this time around.

Enjoy your day. Hugs to all. :grouphug:
Es

Es,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!!!!!!! :hb: :hb::gift: :woo: :balloons:
Hope it was great one!!!!! How are those precious "babies" of yours?
Tannetr and Bosco are so cute. I just had my mom, sister and BIL here and they brought their 2 yorkies. Tanner got along so good with them. Abbie snapped at him once and he walked all the way around her the rest of the time they were here. :lol: He is 50 and she is maybe 8 pounds. They provided a lot of amusement. Tanner hides his bones and Georgie would find them and eat them. He was not amused.
I am still doing ONline and meetings. I need all the help I can get to keep this off. :lol:

Jen,
Getting close! How is it all going? I cannot even imagine.
You will have so much fun!

Sandy,
I hope it all works out for you guys. How are the boys?

Princess,
Congrats to your husband and son for losing. You'll do great this week.

Brittany started dating a 21 year old boy (Craig) from our WW meetings. He has about 25 pounds left to lose. He comes with his mom. He has been going for about 1 year and he wore his hair kind of long and it was curly like Matt on the biggest loser except he wasn't as heavy as Matt was. Brittany never really noticed him too much but then he cut his hair and his look changed dramatically. He looked totally different. So cute. Brittany sure noticed then. He was a little shy about asking her out but they connected and they just went on their second date. They went to a Stars game (minor league team) and ate nothing and then went to Applebees and ate a ww meal. How cute is that?
He is really nice. He is taking her out for her 20th birthday on Friday and I will take her and her best friend and Bradley out Saturday. Bruce and Brandon will be in Orlando for the band competitions from Thursday to Tuesday. Britts is a little bummed that Bruce will miss her birthday.

Love all you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri

dpadro
05-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Hello everyone:

Es, Amiga - Happy Belated Birthday - so sorry I missed it! :hb: :cheers: :gift:
:hat: :balloons: I hope you enjoyed it. Glad to hear you're getting some help for your back problems, hope it will bring you some relief.

Jen - OMG, I can't guess how things must be for you right now with the wedding coming up so soon :yikes: The events will be fun though, I'm sure. Your dress is really pretty. Alana has started her wedding plans - they have a hall booked, we went with them to see it a couple of weeks ago. Very nice, marble floors, stained glass ceilings - pretty. I took them last weekend to look at wedding invitations - books of them - holy moly. We're paying for that. This weekend, we are going to look at wedding gowns, bridesmaids, etc. I looked at some "Mother of the Bride" gowns recently and man.....were they ugly - I mean they were cool if the mother of the bride was 75 years old! I'll see what this place has - if I don't like anything, I'll go on my own to regular stores instead of wedding centers. Their wedding party is huge - as you know we have a really big family, very extended, lol. So she wants to make sure she has her sister and nieces and a nephew and her brothers - OMG, I think there will be 20 people in the wedding party :yikes: "The Jessa" will be flower girl, of course. So, we're off and running. Unfortunately, I'm still not doing well about the whole thing, but I try to keep my feelings from her - I don't want her to be unhappy about me not being happy, :dizzy: Anyway, one day at a time right? When is Joey & Ili's wedding, May 20th?

Terri - too cute about Britts and the boy she met. At least each knows what the other is going through ww-wise, right? They can support each other. :hb: to Britts.

Sandy - hi, sorry to hear about the job problem. I know it must be difficult. I hope something comes up soon for both of you. How are your sons doing?
Are you planting this year?

Hi Princess - You are doing so well, congrats on your losses :bravo: How is your husband doing?

I'm doing pretty well with ww - lost about 5 lbs between being sick and this whole wedding thingy. Unfortunately, I found out I'm "pre-diabetic", but fortunately that can be turned around with diet and exercise according to the doctor. So it may be a blessing in disguise. Willie and I have been walking every night for 2 weeks so far, so it will be good for both of us. Especially since our cruise is May 20th and I know I'm gonna gain some weight - you know my "life gets in the way sometimes" mantra and I will not deprive myself on vacation:p

Okay, as usual, when I'm not around for awhile, I write a book, lol. I will talk to you soon - hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday (even you amiga, lol).

Hugs to everyone,

Dianne

Jenny523
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Es,
My fingers are crossed that having the cortisone shots brings you some relief. It must be hard for you to be away from exercising. By the way, how's your brother's gym doing? I will continue to think good thoughts re: your back....before you know it you'll be doing boot camp/tae bo tapes again!

Terri,
That is such a good story about how Britts and Craig met. She is a girl of my heart. I hope she has a wonderful birthday. While she will miss her Dad, I'll bet being out with Craig will make up for it a bit!
Too funny about the dogs. They are their own people, aren't they?

Dianne,
I'm not discounting your feelings, believe me, I totally understand how you feel. However, time does help, and I'm hoping that you can feel better about the wedding as it nears. You love Alana so much and have such a great relationship with her; I'm sure it's very important to her that you are at ease with her spouse. And time will tell.
Meanwhile, the hall sounds great! And don't sweat the dress..you'll find something you love.
I'm sure you'll be able to get the pre-diabetic issue under control; and it sounds as tho you are already tackling it with walking. Your cruise is right around the corner!!! Enjoy...I have a feeling that you and Willie will be dancing up a storm.

Princess,
How's it going? I'm so tired of rain and clouds...and so are my knees..but that's another story :rolleyes: At least today we had sunshine.

This weekend is the bachelor party. My brother Tim is Joey's best man. He's booked a charter fishing trip on Lake Michigan. There will be 5 guys meeting here on Saturday morning, then off to the lake, from 10 am to 5 pm. Then they'll meet here again at 8 pm and await the limo that's taking them downtown (Chicago) for partying, etc....till 2 am :rofl: After a day on the lake, and all that fresh air, it'll be interesting to see how long they last.
Jess and I will be taking the boys shopping on Saturday after the guys leave. Brandon is an usher, he won't be wearing a tux. Joe and I found him an absolutely wonderful black suit at JCPenney outlet store for $29.99 !!!!! It fits like it was custom made for him. Now we have to get his shirt, tie, belt, shoes, etc.

Work is crazy. I hope I can find another position within the Village so I dont't have to go thru this again next year...my knees are killing me. Ok, no more whining!

love you all,
~Jen

Princess1122
05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi all!

Just stopped by for a quick check in.

Jen: I only walk... and I have to push myself to do that :D every now and then I do some toning and stuff but not often enough. I am sick of the rain and clouds also, ready for some real sun and warm days.

Terri: My son has stopped going, I think that it is a bit hard for him to keep track with school, work and rugby. I don't push him and tell him that he can do it when he feels ready.

Dianne: DH hit his 10% goal last W/I.... MEN!

Have to run but hello to everyone else and have a happy day!

princess

Dianne,
Maybe you will be able to unwind a bit on the cruise. You and Alana are close and that will help. You will always be there for her. I know of a lot of marriages that lasted where the couple only met within a year of the marriage. You never know. Try to relax and have a good time. Hope you are feeling better.

Princess,
Thatis all you can do. One thing I learned is that noone can make anyone do this until they want it. Congrats to hubby on the 10%.

Jen,
I love hearing about the wedding preparations. You are going to have a blast.
The guys day sounds wonderful. Tell them one more time from us to be CAREFUL!!!!!!! Brandon is going to look so handsome. I found a suit for my Brandon at Target for $49 for his Confirmation. The good prices are out there that is for sure. Great deal. He looked so good too.
I cannot believe my baby will be 20 tomorrow. Is it possible?

Bruce and Brandon left at 2:00 this morning for the band competitions in Disney World. I can't believe it is here already. I will miss them. Brandon was soooo excited. I hope they have fun along with all the hard work.
Have a great day.
Terri

Sandancy
05-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi you Buddies:carrot:

I interviewed on Wednesday and got the offer today!
I would love to say that Mike has employment too, but thank goodness this is a start. I accepted an offer of a full time job at one of the local state colleges. The staff seems really nice and I look forward to starting. Since I am still trying to finish a project for one of my clients, I will start the new job on June 5th. We will have insurance benefits again, which is so important nowadays.

I don't have time to respond to all the great stuff I see among our buddies, but I want to wish Brittany a very happy birthday!!:hb::balloons:

And a fun filled but safe day to Joey tomorrow for the bachelor party!

Love to all, Es, Dianne , Terri, Jen, Princess

Rios426
05-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Hello My Friends:wave:

Happy Birthday Brittany! :woo: :gift: :balloons: :hb:

Terri, Brittany's boyfriend sounds cute.

Sandy, great news about the job offer. I hope Mike will find something soon.

Princess, congrats to your hubby for reaching 10%! :cp:

Jen, the next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for you but it will be "fun busy". Enjoy your day with Jess & the boys.

Dianne, how exciting! A cruise! Is it for 1 week? WTG with exercising. :running: I'm prediabetic. It runs in my family.

I get my procedure this Thursday. I took off Thursday & Friday. I hope this works:crossed: I will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend amigas. ;)
Es

Good luck Es,
I know you will feel better. You are so sweet. Brittany said thanks so much for the birthday greeting. No more teenager. :(

Sandy,
I am so happy fopr you. I know you will do great. Thanks so much for the birthday greeting. Brittany felt special.

We are going to O'Charleys. We haven't been there in so long. It was her choice. Craig took her to see MI III. They also went to dinner at Landrys.
He came and sat by her at the meeting today. It was so cute.

TTYL and have agreat rest of the weekend.
Terri

Princess1122
05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Sandy - Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you!

Terri: Love O'Charleys! There rolls are the best but they are three points a piece :( but there is lots of other things on their menu that are pretty good in points value... have a good time!

Princess

Jenny523
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Sandy,
Congrats on the new job! :cb: This is the start of something good for you. I wish you much success in your new position.
How is your garden growing? We've got to get everything planted before the rehearsal dinner (the 26th) because I don't want empty beds :lol: so will be making a trip to the nursery soon.

Es,
:crossed: good luck and I hope you get some relief from the treatment.

Terri,
How are the guys liking the trip to Florida? And how is the competition going?
Isn't it amazing how quickly the kids have grown? I STILL feel like I should have kids here at home. :lol:
Never heard of O'Charleys. Sounds good! :devil:

Dianne,
Your cruise is right around the corner! Where are you going again? (sorry..senior moment!) I hope you and Willie dance the night away on board.

The Bachelor Party activities were a huge hit. The guys all caught their limits of salmon on the fishing charter. We've got a freezer full of salmon fillets.
When the limo picked the guys up, Brandon and Matthew had the time of their lives exploring inside it!
The evening ended at 5 a.m. yesterday :yikes: so yesterday was a laid back, quiet day. :lol:

We opened the pool this weekend :dancer: but there's no way we will be in it till June; the water is 62 degrees. I still love to look out the window and see the water. Should be living on a lake or river !

take care,
~Jen

Princess1122
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Jen: I used to have a large in-ground pool at my old house and loved every minute of it... even the large amount of work that they require did not bother me. As you said, looking out at the water is just one of the nicest feelings, and going out there early in the morning with a cup of coffee for a few minutes of peace and quiet... well there is just nothing like it. Bet you can't wait until June and warmer weather :D

Hope all is well with everyone... well this is week two of not smoking... and it is getting easier. DH and I have really stepped up the walking in the evenings to over 4 miles now so that helps to take our minds off of it. Lose weight, stop smoking, exercising, my body is going to go into shock here soon :D

Have a great day all!
Princess

Jenny523
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Whoo Hoo, Princess! Your 2nd week of being smoke-free! :dance: (that's a puff of smoke dancing away from you, tee hee)

I think that's wonderful. You'll never regret it. Keep up the good (hard) work...it does get easier!
I'm very proud of you...for the walking too!! :carrot:
~Jen

Princess,
CONGRATS on the no smoking. That is so cool. What an accomplishment.
WE had a great time at O'Charleys. The rolls are to die for.

Jen,
Glad everyone had a safe and good time. What a month huh?
The competition went great. I am not sure of the outcome yet though. Bruce and Brandon came home today. They left at midnight and got here around noon. They are tired. Bruce bought us all something and so did Brandon. Bruce didn't know he was going to. He had $75 spending money and he bought Britts, Bradley and me something. I loved that.
You better make sure when all is said and done that you get on and tell us EVERYTHING!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

Princess1122
05-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Terri: Yup, those rolls and I go way back :D

Just wanted to stop by and see what is going on with everyone... nothing new here... it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days so I am doubtful about getting my gardens planted this weekend... and that is a bummer. I look forward to that every mothers day weekend, I get up early and get the vegatable beds planted and the front flower gardens done up with a few new perennials... all before the rest of the house wakes up, it is my treat to myself every year but I think mother nature has other plans this year :( But there is always next weekend if it rains too hard.

How is everyone doing?

I will check back in later on.

Princess

Jenny523
05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Princess,
Like you, I usually spend Mother's Day planting; doesn't look as tho it will happen this weekend, tho! I'm itching to get my herb garden in, as well as the annuals. Joe's in charge of the veggie garden, and has already started that.

Terri,
That is so sweet about Brandon buying each of you a gift from his trip. They say boys that are good to their Moms make good husbands.....good job, girl! ;)

Yesterday was an awful day at work, and I was surprised at how ready to fly off the handle I was. The stress at work is negative, and the wedding stress is good stress....I'm focusing on the good. Otherwise I'll go :crazy:
with all the bad.

will be back later,
~Jen

Sandancy
05-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the congrats on my new job. I hope it will be as good as it seemed during the interview. By the way it is in Salem MA. :thanks:

Here in New England we usually have to wait until Memorial Day weekend to plant our tomatoes and the heat loving veggies. Quite often there is a late frost. I did put in radishes, snow peas, carrots, Chinese cabbage, spinach, lettuce, Swiss chard, broccoli and beets already. We are getting days and days of rain here too. The weather man said the next time we will see sun is next Tuesday. I just hope my tiny seeds don't wash away.

Es, You will be in my thoughts tomorrow for a very successful treatment, I hope your back pain will vanish!

Terri, I am so pleased to hear how sweet your kids are to you, you have been a great mom.

Jen, so glad to hear the bachelor party was a big success, and everyone had time to recover the next day. Who gets to cook all the salmon??
Will you be putting in lots of new annuals to decorate for the wedding?

Princess, :bravo: on quitting smoking, you and your husband are taking on some major health habit challenges and doing fabulously!!

We had a few other things preoccupying us the past few days. I have had a whopper of a cold with a fever of 101 for a few nights. I rarely get sick, and I think I am on the mend now. Mike has been busy getting ready for the dread over 50 exam. He had it today, the colonoscopy. Happily, all is well.:dancer:

On that note, I am going off to veg :carrot: for the rest of the evening,

Luv ya's,
Sandy

Rios426
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi:wave:

Sandy, hope you feel better soon & Mike gets good test results. I'm sure with 101 fever you were feeling pretty crappy. :(

Jen, Friday is almost here. I know how bad work stress can be. Makes you want to slap somebody. :lol:

Princess, way to go, no more smoking. :cp: Pete(hubby) is a smoker. He's tried many times to quit but I guess it's tough. I've never been a smoker but I can imagine.

The procedure went well. Felt 2 of the shots. The nurse said it's going to feel worse before it gets better for the next few days.

I'm hurting so I'm signing off. Just wanted to check in.

Hi Terri & Dianne. :grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
05-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Es,
:hug: Hope the shots worked and you'll be on the road to feeling better. Let us know.

Sandy,
Sorry you weren't feeling well..hope you're doing better now. When do you begin the new job?

later,
~Jen

Princess1122
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
E's: Yup, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done really... but I am coming to the end of week two so the hardest part is behind me... it is will power from here on out.

Well, the scale is not budging one little bit, as a matter of fact it looks like it is going up again. Not sure what is going on since I am staying within my points, walking when the weather allows, I am over my TOM, and it is week two of the not smoking thing.... I had thought that I would see a fairly big drop this week and not another gain... very frustrating but it does not change a thing really. I will keep on doing what I am supposed to do and eventually it will show... right?
W/I tomorrow should be interesting... I just hope that it is not dissapointing.

How is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is on the mend and ready for a relaxing mothers day weekend. It is supposed to rain here until sometime next week so basically inside activities will be about it for us. Not sure about cooking out on the grill on Sunday... might have to use an umbrella :D

I will check back in later on but have a great day!
Princess

Jenny523
05-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Es,
How are you feeling? I hope you're taking care of yourself and relaxing.

Princess,
Just keep on doing what you're doing...your scale will eventually move in the right direction. You've taken on alot all at once, with the weight loss efforts and quitting smoking. Good things sometimes come slowly, but they're definitely worth the wait!

The wedding is two weeks from tomorrow! :eek: I can't believe it's finally here.
Today is the bachelorette party. Jess and my niece Bubba have made all of the arrangements. We're meeting for dinner at Maggiano's, there will be 12 of us, then the girls will go on to a club afterwards. They've got some games planned for Ili...all harmless, of course!!
I'm picking up my dress this morning. Still have to purchase jewelry, have decided on crystal, as I'm not the rhinestone-type and the crystal will go beautifully with the color and clean lines of the dress.
A friend from work will be here to help for the rehearsal dinner. She's waitressed for years,is an excellent cook, and offered to help that night by serving, cleaning up, planning the meal, centerpieces, etc. So, how could I refuse? :rofl: She will be a huge help and I've got to come up with a great thank you gift, as I know she will refuse money.
I found a beautiful 9 West tote bag for Iliana, filled it with honeymoon stuff..a beach towel, romantic candles, manicure kit, purse-size photo album....to give her tonight. I know she'll love the bag...I found it at Kohl's, originally $80, reduced to $17!!! Should have purchased one for myself, it's so cute! I love bargains.
They've booked a week at an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic..Punta Cana, where Joe and I went two years ago. Not the same resort, tho. It's beautiful there, I know they'll have a great time.

Geezzz...I'm really rambling. Have to get in the shower. My head is full with all that's going on.

Have a great day. What is everyone doing for Mother's Day?
hugs,
~Jen

Rios426
05-13-2006, 09:33 AM

Princess, you have a great attitude about the scale. Unlike you, when I used to go to meetings, and if I thought I had the slightest gain I would miss. My frustration got the best of me. This is why I'm still the same weight I was 1 year ago. :( I haven't seen my SIL in 5 months & she's 20 lbs thinner, thanks to WW. I'm going to visit her today. Seeing her might motivate me. Hope you have a good WI. ;)

Seems like we'll all getting rain this weekend. I'm cooking on Sunday. I wanted to go to the cemetary but with all the rain we've been getting I'll have to leave it for another time.

My back feels a little better. It's sore but I know it has alot to do with the weather.

Happy Mother's Day:grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Rios426
05-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Jen, we were posting at the same time yesterday. That is very nice of your friend to help out. The tote bag sounds just right. Ili will love it. You must show us some pictures of the wedding. You are going to look beautiful in that dress. 2 weeks away:yikes:

I went to visit my brother. We live 10 minutes away but with our scedules we hardly ever see eachother. My SIL looks great. This is her first time on WW. Since Jan. she's been losing 2 lbs. a week. <sigh> I think I can..I think I can. :sumo:

Today I will stay home after I run a few errands this morning. I love you guys. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Es

Jenny523
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Happy Mother's Day!
to all my wonderful friends.
Hope you're enjoying a relaxing day.
~Jen

Princess1122
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi ladies, just checking in...

Working the Wendie plan this week looking for a loss of some sort... we will see.

The company I work for is closing their doors in a couple of weeks, just got news of it on Friday... not a good time for me to be out of a job but what are you going to do... I just hit the want adds every day and apply for anything that I can.

Have to run but will check back soon.
Princess

Princess,
Sorry about your company. Keep us posted. Think of the health aspect of the way you are eating. The scale will start soon.

Sandy,
Hope you are feeling better. I am glad Mike's test is ok. I know so many people that get that test as soon as they hit 50. Is the pre-test ritual as bad as they say?

Jen,
What fun. Y'all sound so close. that is wonderful. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Es,
I hope and pray you get better. Brittany says HI!!!!!!!

1 more week of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!
Their final concert is Thursday and it is a long night. There are so many awards. We won't get home til after 11:00. Starts at 7:00. Taking lots of water. I love to hear them play though. They are playig The Witch and the Saint. I cry when they play that.

Have a great week guys!!!!!!!!! It has been cold here in Alabama. It is so weird.

Terri

Jenny523
05-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Sandy,
Since seeing the east coast getting hit with so much rain, I'm wondering how you're faring. The Boston area was particularly hard hit, wasn't it? Did you have trouble with flooding in your area? Hope you're all safe and sound.
You got a great start on your garden. Glad Mike's "C" went okay.

Terri,
Whoo Hoo! I'd be doing the happy dance too..I loved when the kids were home for the summer.

Princess,
I'm very sorry to hear about your job, and hope that you can find something soon. How's the Wendie plan working for you? I've been maintaining since the holidays :rolleyes: which I know is a good thing, but it doesn't give the same satisfaction as seeing the number on the scale go down! When the weather breaks I'll start working out in the pool, which helps.

Es,
I'm hoping you've gotten some relief from the shots. The weather here has been so painful :( it's like having a toothache in my knees. We've had rain for two weeks.

But it can rain all it wants if it means we'll have a sunny wedding weekend! Traditionally Memorial Day weekend is cold and rainy here in Illinois. If we don't have a couple of dry days, the ceremony will not be held in the gazebo outdoors, but, rather, inside; it wouldn't be the end of the world, but the kids are hoping for outdoors.

Work has been horrible. Enough said. I just had a huge vent written here but deleted it.

have a great day,
~Jen

dpadro
05-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Good morning buddies :wave:

How is everyone this beautiful NY Thursday morning? I'm feeling quite chipper this morning cause its my last day. I took off tomorrow for last minute stuff before leaving on the cruise on Saturday. I cannot wait to get out of here!

Jen - I'm having the same negative stuff going on at work - its just so crazy busy and its not in spurts - it appears to be permanent - just the way my boss works. I see no relief in sight. So, I'm really looking forward to getting away and hopefully, not thinking of this place while I'm gone. How was Ili's bachelorette party? Hope everyone had a great time. So sweet of you to get her the bag of goodies for the honeymoon. Where are they going? Hope the weather's great for their big day and they can be outside for the ceremony.

Es - Did you get the shots? How is your back? How are your little guys doing?

Sandy - congrats on the new job - did you start yet? Good luck! Did the flooding effect you guys?

Terri - I know you're in your glory when the kids are home - enjoy!

Princess - You'll see a drop in the scale when you least expect it. Sometimes it takes a while to show up even when you feel you're doing everything right.
Sorry to hear about the job - good luck in the job hunting!

Alana's wedding plans are in full swing now. In the midst of everything, she and Sal are thinking of going on a mission trip this summer to Peru or somewhere. I am trying to discourage her saying she has too much planning to do. I really don't want her to go to Peru - I read a few stories of Americans being kidnapped, etc. Scares the life out of me. I mean its not like they're going to be going to a resort, its gonna be an orphanage out in the hills somewhere. I probably sound selfish since of course it is a good thing they want to do, but I'm sorry, I'd rather she stay here - (let Sal go, lol). There was a mission trip in Texas - I told her go there instead. Anyway, I'm gonna do my best to talk her out of it.

If I don't get back here, everyone have a great weekend and I'll "talk" to you when I get back

Jen - Enjoy the wedding - can't wait to hear the details! Congratulations to Joey and Ili!

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I know how you feel. I would be uneasy about it too. Keep us posted. :hug:
Have a great time on your cruise.

Jen,
I pray for sunny weather. Nice comfortable, dry weather.

Tonight is the boy's final concert. While in Orlando 14 kids got sick with a stomach virus. Luckily,for me, Bruce or Brandon didn't catch it.
All the chaperones are going on stage tonight to get plaques as a thank you and they are going to wear surgical masks. :lol: It was Bruce's idea but he is in Fl. and can't make it home in time for the concert. :( He told me to go on stage for him and I said NO!!!!.

Have a great Friday tomorrow.
Luv ya,
Terri

Princess1122
05-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Morning all!

Dianne: Thanks for the kind words... and about that mission trip to Peru... I don't blame you one bit, not one little bit as a matter of fact. I would not want my family members in a different country either and especially not one that there have been kidnappings and such in. I pray that they will change their mind and do something else for the good deeds.

Jeni: Not sure about the Wendie Plan... due to a couple of things going on at home I was not able to stick with it... like yesterday should have been a low day for me but with them working on the house and putting in new windows yesterday cooking was out of the question so we went to Subway and I got a veggie delight but still ending up eating more points then I should have for that day. But we will see what tomorrow brings.

Terri: Thanks for the kind words also... how did the concert go? Nothing brings tears to my eyes quicker then hearing a child sing or perform musically in some way.

Have to run!
Princess

Rios426
05-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi :wave:

So sorry I missed Dianne. By now she must be on the ship. Good for her.:carrot:

Princess, I just noticed we pretty much weigh the same & have the same goal. How tall are you? I always wanted to try the WP. May I ask what your real name is? Mine is Essie but family & friends call me Es.

Jen, May is a nice month for a wedding. I hope & pray you/they get sunny weather. :sunny: Are you ready?

Terri, I'd rather catch a cold than a stomach virus. Did you go on stage? :D

So far so good with my back. I'm going to start exercising again, at least 3X's a week. Not enough hours in the day but I have to make time.:strong:

Well ladies, I enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
05-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Well the forecast looks good :sunny: so am keeping my fingers crossed! It can change so much in 8 days....but it looks like sunny and upper 70's!

Today we're doing tons of little things around the house...am determined to not be running around like a crazy person next week...yeah right :rofl:

I'm only working Monday and Wednesday, so that's a big help. I probably should have taken Wed off, but didn't want to use up so many days. I'm shopping on Tuesday (my bday) and cooking on Thursday. On Friday we'll get a delivery of 400 pink roses for the table vases :eek: then the rehearsal is at 3, followed by the dinner. On Saturday the bridal party is coming here to make up the vases. On Sunday we'll bring those to the reception hall, then check into the hotel across the street. The wedding is at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. There is a block of 14 rooms rented, so it will be an interesting evening after the reception, which ends at 1 a.m.

Es,
It's so good to hear that you're back to some exercising! :strong: I know you missed it. Just be careful.

Terri,
I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to get up on stage either!!! Glad your guys didn't catch the bug.

Princess,
At least you ate at Subway, could have been worse. I'm maintaining, and will step it up after the wedding. We should be swimming in a couple of weeks whoo hoo! and that always helps me with good losses.

later,
~Jen

Jenny523
05-21-2006, 02:28 PM
It's taken 9 months, but I stayed up late last night to finish this cross stitch piece for Joey and Iliana. Will give it to them at the rehearsal dinner. Done, finally!!! :dancer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/DCP_2061.jpg

Jenny523
05-21-2006, 02:30 PM
This is a closer shot of the stitching.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/DCP_2069.jpg

Princess1122
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Jen: That is just beautiful!

Es: I am 5'7" actually 5'6 & 3/4" but for the sack of simplicity I round it up :D My real name is Susan, and please feel free to use it... there was another Susan on one of these forums for a while so that is why I always refered to myself by my log in name.

W/I went really well! Down 2.8! Very happy about that and it is week four of not smoking :carrot: oh and DH and I walked almost 5 miles last night so we are really excited about that... we thought that we had previously been walking 4.5 but we added wrong so we redid the milage and have started walking further.

Have to run but will check back later!
Princess/ aka Susan

Sandancy
05-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Hi Gals,

Princess Susan Congrats on your loss this week, the walking, and the continued non-smoking:cheer: Sorry to hear about your company, I hope you find a new job and work you like soon.

Jen, that is a beautiful memento for Joey and Iliana. It must have taken you a lot of hours to complete. I love the colors, especially how the shades of pink work on the roses and the ribbons. You have just a few days till the wedding I bet the excitement is running high. Hope you have a great day and the weather is good to you too.

Es, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take it easy with the exercise and enjoy getting active again.

Diane, I hope you are out there soaking up the sun and having a terrific time on the cruise. I would hate to discourage Alana and Sal on doing such generous mission work, but as a mom I am totally with you considering your worries about Peru.

Terri, Congrats on all the great band stuff the guys accomplished this year, I know you and Bruce must be so proud of them.

Thanks for asking about the floods here in Mass. We are very lucky to be on high ground at this house, at our old house we may have been in trouble. Our shed is on the lowest part of the property and was flooded so we had to wait for the water to subside to get to the lawnmower and tackle the knee high grass.

I had my final presentation in my web design class today. The prof was impressed and said that I should expect an A for my grade.

I redesigned a site for one of my database clients as my final project. If you want to check it out, here is the link to my student site:
https://studentwebs.middlesex.mass.edu/200601A00201745/CMMWeb/CMM-Index.htm

Mike and I are helping Greg to move home for the summer tomorrow. He has to move everything out of the dorm. It looks like he had a pretty good freshman year.

Luv ya's
Sandy

Princess1122
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Well it is another beautiful day here in the mid-west and Indy is gearing up for the Indy 500 this weekend, always an exciting time in this city :dizzy: traffic is twice as bad but the people are nice so for the most part it is not too bad and the extra money into our economy is a plus.

Sandy: thanks for the encouraging words.

So how is everyone today?

Not much new here, just liking the nice weather and trying to get my walks in the evening when I get home from work... Everything is still up in the air as far as my job is concerned, just praying that we get thru this with my job intact, but I will leave that in God's hands for now.

Sounds like every one is busy and gearing up for the summer, so glad it is finally here.

Have a happy day!
Princess

Rios426
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM

Sandy, sorry to hear about the floods. We've been getting such strange weather. Right now it's very cool even though I don't mind cool. We didn't have much of Spring. Nice to hear Greg had a good freshman year.:bravo:

Susan, WTG with your loss. Almost 3 lbs. WooHoo! :cp: And, good going with your walking routine!!:running:

Jen, the cross stitch piece is soooo pretty. They are going to love it.

Just wanted to stop in & say hi. Have to go watch a show that's coming on channel 7. It's starting now.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
05-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Sandy,
That site is iimpressive, you're very talented. Congrats on the great grade! It will be nice to have Greg home for the summer. Glad you came through the flooding okay.

Susan,
:cp: good going on the loss! And hitting the 4 week mark of being smoke-free!!! You're making such positive life changes. The walking is great. Hope you have fun this weekend.

Es,
Did the dr. give you exercises for your back? Hope you're feeling better every day.

Well, my sister is not coming up for the wedding. After a year of chemo and radiation, her last mammogram was completely clear, so she doesn't go back to the dr. for 6 months :cb:
However, she's been bothered by an umbilical hernia for a couple of years now. Last week it flared up so badly that she went to the dr. on Thursday, he insisted on doing surgery the very next day, so she's recuperating from that now. It went well, but she really should not travel. I understand, and would rather have her stay at home and rest after all she's been through. Travelling is stressful enough to begin with, not to mention how hectic it is for her up here, with 5 daughters and their families here. So, while I'm disappointed that she won't be here to share the special day with us, I know it is better for her to stay at home and recover from it all.

Joe gave me a beautiful diamond bracelet for my birthday :D

HI :wave: Terri, and Dianne hope you're having a wonderful time!
~Jen

Princess1122
05-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... seems like everyone is busy and has lots to keep them busy... busy is usually a good thing, it keeps us out of trouble :D at least that is what I tell myself.

DH and I walked again last evening, it really is a nice time for us, no phones ringing or other distractions so we can talk and walk and be together... Rain is on its way here but as of now it is still sunny out...

Have to run errands on my lunch break today and my MIL and I are going to the library this evening to stock up on some books but other then that it should be a quiet evening.

Jen: Sorry to hear about your sister, hope she is on the mend soon.

Es: How are you doing? Are you feeling better?

Sandy: Loved the website!

Hope all is well with everyone, have a happy day!

Susan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!
:hb: I'll bet that bracelet is beautiful. CONGRATS!!!! You are going to have so much fun. Your baby is settling down. Your gift to them is beautiful. They will love it! I will be thinking of you this weekend.

Sandy,
Congrats on the grade and I checked out the website. I can't believe Greg has been in school a year already. I can't believe Brittany will start her third year next fall. This weather is unreal. I hope the flooding wasn't as bad as I think itwas.

Es,
I hope your back gets to feeling better. That sucks. Mine will always have some discomfort because of my scoliosis so I am used to this but I dread if it gets worse as I get older.
How are the babies?

Susan,
Congrats on the miles and the loss. :carrot: That is awesome.
My cousin used to live there and she loved the Indy 500. I love excitement.

We purchased tickets to see Bon Jovi at the Pittsburgh Steelers Championship celebration in Pitts. at their home stadium (Heinz Field) in July. Road trip. I can't believe I am going to see my favorite band and some players from my favorite team and the super bowl trophy. I wasn't sure if I told y'all yet. Britts and I are going along with my sister and her husband.
Have a great weekend, especially you Jen. I want some pictures posted when the dust settles.
Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
05-26-2006, 08:43 PM

Jen, the big day is tomorrow. I feel so bad for your sister. :( I can't wait to see pictures.

Terri, How is Brittany & her boyfriend? Tell her I said hi & I'm sending a cyber {{{hug}}}. Sammy is too cute. He's always on my lap. He really does think he's a baby. Sadie went from skinny to fat. She loves Sammy. She licks his face. Sorry about your back. What do you do for the pain? What is Indy 500?:dizzy:

Susan, my back is so so. I have to go for my second shot 6/8 then one more 2weeks after that.

Sandy, I'm going to go check out your website.

Have a nice weekend everybody:grouphug:

Love, Es

Rios426
05-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Sandy, cool website. Love it.

Sandancy
05-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi Jen,
Happy belated birthday:balloons:. What a week for you! and what a year actually. You sure have had an eventful one. I am glad that your sister has a better prognosis at this point, but it sure is a shame she can't be with the family for the big day. I will be thinking of Joey and Iliana and your family tomorrow. All the best to everyone. And we all hope to see some pictures soon.

Thanks everyone for checking out my website. It hasn't been easy to complete as my client didn't provide me with content in time for the end of the course. I told them that I would design it for free while I was taking the class. Now I will be taking the new full time job on June 5th, and they sent me 8 emails in the past two days with the content that they actually want. EEEk!

We are all really excited to have Greg back home for the summer. He immediately started a job at a local pizza takeout place and has been catching up with all his friends. Dave took him out to see the X-men movie tonight.

Es, I hope the additional shots will ease your back. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs to Susan, Terri, and Dianne

TTYL
Sandy

Rios426
05-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Sandy, I'm so proud of Greg. He's doing so well. It must be so nice having him home. David has been staying with us. When he leaves I will miss him. He's saving money. The rentals out here on Long Island are extremely high.

Jen, I forgot that Illiana & Joey's big day is tomorrow, Sunday. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I never cross stitched. I would like to.

I'll be back later.

Have a great day my friends. :grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
05-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I thought I'd pop in and say Hi. We're packed and relaxing before we head over to the Grove and the hotel.

The rehearsal went smoothly, except for the 2 yr. old flower girl who's up from Miami. She threw herself on the ground and screamed, wouldn't even take one step, so the ceremony may go on without her. Matt did well (ring-bearer) but was nervous, so we'll see how he does.

Our dinner party turned out awesome. We ended up with 40 guests, a very warm day..everyone was out in the yard. My friend Donna was tremendous. Every time I'd come into the kitchen she'd shoo me out and tell me to mingle. :lol: She served, and then cleaned everything up. I owe her BIG time.

Yesterday we part II and I had 10 women here making the table arrangements, the boutineers (sp?) the bridesmaid's bouquets and Iliana's bouquet. We started out in the yard but had to move it all indoors because the temps were near 90 degrees :rolleyes: The flowers are gorgeous. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/rehearsal0138.jpg

Just wanted to say Hi. I'm sorry I'm not addressing everyone's posts, but I'll catch up during the week.
I've already cried this morning when I spoke to my son on the phone. I have to run out and get waterproof mascara.
luv,
~Jen

Rios426
05-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Jen, it looks beautiful. I had to laugh with the flower girl. Poor thing. The flower girl probably made Matt nervous. Can't wait to hear how it went:hug:

We're getting nice weather. We went by the mariner yesterday. It was so relaxing. Not sure what I'm doing today.

Happy Memorial Day.

Love u's,
Es

Jenny523
05-29-2006, 03:08 PM
The wedding was perfect. A beautiful day, 90 degrees and sunny. The ceremony was very nice, outdoors in the gazebo. For the reception, tables were set up outdoors on the lawn as well as indoors, and it was beautiful. I can't wait to see the professional pictures. We only took a couple...this one is a bit too dark. Iliana and Joe were both calm and enjoyed themselves.

At the end of the evening, all the kids were running around throughout the building, which is an old historic mansion with lots of rooms upstairs and down. Matt's hand got slammed in a door and he had to be taken to the ER, where they ended up putting him under anesthesia, stitching his fingernail back on. The finger is broken also. My poor little guy. He did a PERFECT job of walking down the aisle (alone...no flower girl LOL) and was having a great time drinking kiddie cocktails and dancing. They were in the ER from 11 p.m till 4 a.m. ...all dressed in tuxedos and bridesmaid gown.

It's always something, isn't it? Matt will be okay, thank God. Joey and Ili have a wonderful lifetime ahead of them. I am blessed. More later.
hugs,
Jen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/DCP_2140.jpg

Jenny523
05-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Brandon and Matthew, party animals lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/DCP_2145.jpg

Sandancy
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi Jen,

Congratulations to Joey and Iliana. Everyone looks fabulous! I am amazed that you shared with us already. What a family, I bet you are bursting with love and pride.:val3:
And those rose centerpieces for the tables looked great too.

I hope Matt feels better soon, ouch, ouch! One time when my Dave was tiny and wearing sandals, a door at a restaurant caught his foot.

I was out in the garden all day today and we are getting your heat now. So I am pooped. I put in zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, beans, and I am trying the baby Chinese corn too. I will put in my tomatoes, eggplant and peppers tomorrow. Luckily I don't start my new job until next Monday.

Luv to all the gang,
Sandy

Oh Jen,
They look wonderful. I am so glad the day was beautiful and the wedding was perfect. Tell us more. Poor Mat. Is he ok now? The boys are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brittany was a flower girl when she was 2. The rehearsal was awful but she did great at the wedding. Who was the flower girl?

After my SIL's niece's (Heather) wedding, Heather's grandma was walking down the steps (about 40 steps) at the rception to go home and she tripped on her gown and fell head over heels down the steps. She miracuiously survived but there was blood everywhere and Heather was so upset but her still conscious grandma told her to stay and finish the reception with her mom (Grandma's daughter). My SIL went with her to the hospital. This was 1.5 years ago. She is fine now.

Es,
The pain isn't debillitating so I kind of just got used to it. It is sometimes annoying. Hope your back feels better.
Sammy and Sadie sound so cute. Tanner and Bosco are still kind of leary of each other. They play cute though at least it is playing on Tanner's part. :lol:

Luv y'all.
We are getting ready to do some family stuff.
Terri

decemberdianne
05-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi guys:

Jen - the pictures are beautiful! Joey and Iliana look sooooooo happy. The boys look so big and so handsome. Poor Matt, hope he's doing okay now. Do you have any photos you can show us of you in your gown? How were you in church, did you cry alot? Congratulations :cheers: - so happy for all of you, God Bless the newlyweds. Are they going away?

Well, Willie and I are back to reality now (yuk, lol) and its back to work tomorrow. The cruise was great and we had a wonderful time. Ate too much of course, its like you're eating every half hour:dizzy: So glad we had today off for the holiday - I usually take the monday off every time I go on vacation, cause I hate Mondays, lol.

Well, just popped in to say hi and to look at the photos. Hi to Es, Terri, Sandy, Princess, Ruthie, etc. Will be back tomorrow.

Oh, one sour note, while we were on the cruise, a charge appeared on our banking statement for $75 at a gas station in Brooklyn! I called right away to let them know we were in the Bahamas and there was no way that charge could have been made. So, they will now investigate to see what happened. A little scary huh? I had to cancel my banking card and will have to get a new one tomorrow. Never a dull moment!

Take care everyone,
Hugs,
Dianne

Rios426
05-30-2006, 08:39 AM
WELCOME BACK DIANNE! I always hear about all the food at those cruises.:eating2: Glad to hear you had a nice time. About your credit card, scary! Good thing you caught it.

Jen, Joey & Iliana look so happy. She looks so pretty & he looks so handsome.
The boys look so cute in their tuxedos. Poor Matt. I hope he's not in pain.:(

Terri, hope you had a fun family day.

Sandy, do as much as you can before starting you new job. I find I can't do much of anything working 5 days a week. The weekends go by too fast.

Hi Princess:wave:

I'm off today.:carrot: I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be hot & humid.

Hugs, Es

Jenny523
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Dianne,
Glad you enjoyed the cruise...is it just me or does eating every half hour sound like a great hobby? :rofl:
I agree that I would not like the mission to Peru. There are plenty of needs here in our country, but I suppose that to someone young (er than us!) it doesn't sound quite as exotic. At any rate...kudos to both Alana and Sal for wanting to do the right thing.
That stinks about your credit card. Hope there wasn't much damage done and you come out of it owing zilch.
And yes, I did cry during the ceremony, as well as most of the morning..but they were happy tears.

Es,
Hope you enjoyed your day off. I was NOT ready to go back today! Jess says that Matthew is a bit whiny....which is to be expected. He's on motrin, but it wears off after about 5 hours. He's going to see an orthopaedic doctor on Thursday for his first follow-up. I can't even bear to think of it without gettng nauseous. Jess says he's really been making a great effort in using his left hand (as it was his right which was injured).

Sandy,
Wow, you're ahead of us in the gardening! We've got peppers in so far, and that's it. Hope you have a bounty soon!
And it's your last week of freedom before beginning the new job. I wish you much luck and success in your new position.

Terri,
Wow, that's an awful wedding mishap. Thank God she's okay.

Susan (Princess),
Way to go on the walking. It's so important and good for us. Now that the wedding is over, I've got to concentrate on getting back OP and exercising.

later,
~Jen

Princess1122
05-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi all!

I sure hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Jenny: Awesome pictures! They are just a beautiful couple and they look so happy!

Well the DH and i bought bicycles for our anniversary present to each other... have not been on a bike in over 20 years... can you say "Sore butt cheeks!" but we did have a great time tooling around the neighborhood and we will be looking into other areas to ride that are here in the city and surrounding areas. Great fun!

Sounds like everyone is busy and on the move... have to run but will check back soon

Susan

Rios426
06-03-2006, 10:03 AM

Susan, Happy Anniversary. When was it? Bike riding together sounds like fun.

Jen, how is Matt doing? Did the newlyweds go on a honeymoon? Hope to see some pictures soon. :)

We're going to go see the Davinci Code. We're going to the early matinee.

I'll be back later.

Hugs,
Es

Sandancy
06-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi My Buddies:wave:

I am finally starting my new job on Monday. I am trying to get totally prepared. I have only worked part time since Dave came along almost 25 years ago. I felt that I had to do some clothes shopping, even if it is office casual, I basically live in jeans. My part time work doing database consulting is quite often from home and I have often worked in my pj's. So I bought 3 new pairs of pants, one skirt and 5 tops. I have to hem the pants today or soon since I am only 5' 3".

I am also gearing up to get back to following WW again. I had gone from 217 to 190 but with Mike at home for the past 11 months, I am now back to 198. My first goal is to start by getting under 190. I don't want to sound as if I am blaming Mike, but my eating habits have really changed with his presence and the stress of the uncertainty about income. So anyway I am food shopping today with WW in mind. When my veggies from the garden are ready to pick I will be golden!:hungry:

Es, Enjoy the DaVinci Code today. I haven't even read the book yet, have you?

Susan, I love the idea of biking together, I hope your butt is getting accustomed!

Love to the whole gang,
Sandy

Rios426
06-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Girls,

Sandy, I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope it will be easy to stay OP while you're working. In my office always have cakes, cookies, choc., bagels. I stay out of the lunchroom. How's Mike doing?

Saw the Davinci Code. :dizzy: I was confused from the beginning till the end. I figured Pete would explain it to me & he was just as confused as I was. Sandy, I didn't read the book. Maybe I should've.

My BIL was talking to Pete & he offered him a job(working with him) making pretty good money. He lives in Jarrett VA. Does anybody know what type of weather they get?

Have a blessed day my friends. :angel:
Es

decemberdianne
06-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Good morning my friends:

I am sooooo tired today - we had commencement yesterday and we worked our butts off. There was a mistake with some tickets this year and people in wheelchairs were given regular seating instead of the rows usually reserved for them. So in addition to having to tell the person sitting with their family that they would have to move to accommodate the person in the wheelchair (they were none to happy about that), we had to actually get the person in the wheelchair to their seats. This was a new development and hopefully it won't happen again next year. And we had to work crowd control in the lobby. You can't believe how many people come late to their children's college graduation :?: We close the doors at 3:00 pm. so that the student's, faculty, etc. can process, so if the parents are not in the auditorium before 3:00 p.m. they have to wait until after their child has processed to get in. Then we have to take abuse because they're mad even though they were late. Oh well, enough complaining, suffice it to say that we should have Monday off when we work commencement on Sunday. My boss tells me that this morning "you should have taken off today" - I want to throw up when she says things like that cause its always "after the fact".

Boy do I sound cranky, lol!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Princess - belated Happy Anniversary wishes :cheers: Good going on the bicycles - great exercise after the soreness ends, lol.

Jen - How is everything? Is Matthew doing better, poor guy? Did they newlyweds go away?

Es - I have'nt read or seen the DaVinci code and for some reason, am just not interested in doing so. Too much hype for my taste, lol.
Virginia is nice, though I don't know that exact city you mentioned. Is David considering moving there?

Sandy - Congrats on your first day at work - hope its great!

Hi Terri :wave: Hope everyone's well.

Okay, gotta run (or in my case today, walk very slowly, lol). I'll talk to you's soon. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
It seems like forever since I've been here :(
Update on Matty-Matt:
The orthopaedic dr. said the broken bone in the fingertip is already healing.
The stitches holding the nail have to stay in for 3 to 4 weeks in order for the tissue to grow around the nail bed, allowing the nail to come back in. If the nail comes off now (if they don't keep it in place w/stitches) the tissue will take over the whole fingertip and he won't have a nail or nailbed. yuck!
He has to soak the finger in soapy water twice a day, and..get this.. he CAN swim in a private chlorinated pool :cb: but no public pools, rivers, lakes, streams...etc. So...Gram's pool is a green light :lol:
He's doing very well with it...is coloring, etc., with his left hand. He says it doesn't hurt, but Jess said that when he's sleeping he does hold it outside the covers.
We were at the nursery on Saturday to purchase plants and the boys were with us. All of a sudden Brandon said,"Matt's bandage is gone!!!" (He's such a good big brother) and it was on the ground right behind Matt. I told myself, "Jen, you should look at it (the finger)" but got all squeamish...but then looked so I would know what the situation is...and it was awful..the stitches are all around the cuticle, the whole fingertip and nailbed are purple and black and swollen and mis-shapen...
anyhow! he's doing well, but I don't know about Gram :rofl:

Sandy,
So...how is the job? I've been thinking of you and know how difficult it is to begin a new job. I'm sure you'll do great. You have a good start on a wardrobe! I've been purchasing just what I need, with the hopes that each new purchase will be a smaller size and so far it's been ok.
I, too, need to get back seriously on program.
Good luck!

Dianne,
I can only say I know what you've been thru this past weekend. What are people thinking???? being late for their child's college graduation??? You did deserve a day off.

Es,
I am probably the only person who began reading the DaVinci Code last year and gave up after getting 1/4 of the way thru...I didn't like it at all and it's not like me to give up on a book. I have no intention of seeing the movie. Joey loved the book. Go figure.
I know nothing about Virginia...are you seriously looking into it? I would imagine it's cheaper to live there than NY, but may be wrong. And would David move?
We're in the position now of wanting to move somewhere warmer, like Arizone or New Mexico, but cannot and will not leave the boys. :(

Susan,
What a great workout!! Those sore cheeks will be happy cheeks when they're stronger. :lol: You're doing great and are inspiring me. Keep it up!

Terri,
Hope you and the kids are having a wonderful summer vacation! :sunny:

We're still awaiting our first swim this season :( no heat yet to speak of. :crossed: that it will be soon.

Work is crazy. We're working 6 days....thank goodness it's only for 1 month. I'm beat and we have 4 more weeks to go!

hugs,
~Jen

Rios426
06-05-2006, 08:37 PM

Jen, glad to hear Matt is much better. He must love going in Grandma's pool. How's the weather? We've been getting a lot of rain.

We've been talking about VA. I would like to visit. Dave said he'll go where we go. I've been researching online but haven't found much.

I'm really tired this evening. :yawn:

Be back tomorrow.

Love,
Es

Princess1122
06-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Morning everyone... very sleepy today but I did get a chance to read thru the posts and it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good.

Es: My brother lives in Va... he really likes it, he lives in a small town and has lived there for around 15 years... He is with the Navy and commutes to DC every day. I have been there a few times and the state is very pretty but as far as cost of living, education, etc I don't know much about it.

Jen: So happy to hear that Matt is getting better, not being able to swim will be tough but worth it to keep the nail.

Have to run all but will check back later on.

Susan

Sandancy
06-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi All:wave:

I survived my first 2 days at work. The office seems very nice and there are way too many new names to learn at once. They had a special bagel brunch for me the first day so that I could meet the whole staff. They seem very kind and good humored, and my supervisor said they are breaking me in slowly and plan to wait until next week to scare me. The commute feels rather long, it took me about 50 minutes in the morning and an hour to get back home.
The big adjustment is that Mike is home all day alone. I can't tell how he feels about it. He really needs to get back to work, it has been almost 11 months since he was laid off.

Es, I lived in Northern Virginia, but it was from 1975 until 1983. My impressions would be so out of date. What I do remember was that in the winter we had mostly ice instead of snow. The spring came promptly in late March, unlike here in Mass. The summer was very hot and humid. We were very close to DC, in fact I worked near the Smithsonian. I loved visiting all the sites in the capital and Virginia, and also out to the eastern shore of Maryland in the summer. We used to go to Baltimore and Annapolis for day trips. The people were easy to get to know. I think since it is such a transient area, they try harder to make friends. We used to socialize a lot with our work friends. I hope this helps a bit, if you have specific questions, just ask.

Jen, your little Matt sounds like a brave guy. I hope he continues to heal quickly. I still don't remember if you told us where the newlyweds went for their honeymoon.

Dianne, the commencement sounds totally overwhelming. I can't imagine parents coming late after all the years and work by all involved to help their child reach this achievement. Your boss is a bit manipulative, eh? She wins no points for her suggestion. I hope you are all recovered.
How's Alana by the way?

Terri, are the kids done with school? What are the summer vacation plans?

Susan, hope all is well. Let us know what is going on your job front too!

:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
06-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Sandy,
Your commute could pose a challenge. Are you taking public transportation or driving? Would you consider listening to books on audio? I found it unsettling when Joe was home from March until June in 2004 when I returned to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mike. Your coworkers sound pleasant, a good sense of humor is important. Good luck!

Joey and Iliana went to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) for their honeymoon. Their weeklong trip is ending and they're returning home today.

have to run, have a great day :wave:
~Jen

Sandancy
06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi Jen,

I really have no choice but to drive to work, there are no trains or buses that could get me to the college from where I live. I am going to try the books on tape, I plan to check some out of the library when I have the time to get there again.
Being away from home 11 hours a day is really strange, I am going to miss a lot of things I used to do during the day. Mike made dinner tonight. It is really cold and rainy for June, so I set him up with the crockpot and a recipe. He made Pot Roast Stroganoff and all I had to do was put a salad together. Dinner was delicious. Mike had choir tonight and I had a meeting with the Lay Pastoral Visitors. It was great to come home, not worry about dinner and be able to go out together to the church.

As soon as I saw the words Punta Cana, I remembered that you had told us where Joey and Ilana were going. Tell them welcome back, I hope they had a fabulous honeymoon!

Hi and Love the the rest of the gang, I need to get to bed soon.

Princess1122
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Morning all and happy friday!

Sandy, I feel your pain! I have done the long commute thing and I don't like it at all, best wishes to you!

Well the job thing is still up in the air, I just pray that it works out for the best. I still keep my eyes open and have my resume posted on the job boards so we shall see what happens. I have kind of left it in God's hands for now.

Have to run but hello to all and best wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Susan

Rios426
06-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi Girls,

I got my 2nd injection yesterday. I felt okay when I woke up this morning so I decided to go to work. I had to leave 1/2 day. I felt fatigued & short of breath. I have to get one more. Can't wait till it's over.

Susan, hope you get a job soon. :grouphug:

Sandy, must be great having dinner ready when you get home. Especially after that long commute.

Jen, how did Joey & Iliana like Punta Cana? Like Sandy, once I saw the words I remembered you did tell us. Hope they had a nice time.

Sandy & Susan, thanks for telling me a little about VA. I wish I could find more about it online. Wasn't to happy to hear about the ice storms & the hot & humid weather.:yikes:

Well my buddies, I still can't sit too long. Have a nice weekend.

Hugs,
Es

HI everyone!!!

We are having a nice summer. Lots of hikes and stuff. Bruce and Bradley went to NC today for Scout Camp. 4 adults are going backpacking in the Smokies for 4 days while 4 other scout masters stay with the campers. Bruce is one of the backpackers. I just hope a bear doesn't eat him. ;)

Jen,
Your little guy is a trouper. Give him an extra hug.
Hope the honeymooners enjoyed themselves. I saw the Davinci Code. It helped to have 2 people (Britts and Bruce) who have read the book. She explained a lot to me and it helped. I started really liking the movie once they got the cryptix and went to the Teachers house. Brittany bought the soundtrack.

Sandy,
Hope you enjoy your job. They sound great to work with.

Es,
I have never lived there but heard great things. I love Virginia Beach and Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.

I will try to catch up tonight. I have read only half of what I missed. Miss everyone.

Terri

Jenny523
06-11-2006, 11:14 AM
The kids and my niece surprised us with an anniversary dinner last night! Joey and Ili asked us to have dinner with them at my favorite restaurant...when we got there my niece and her girls were there, as were Jess, Mike and the boys :D We had a great evening.

Tomorrow Joe and I will celebrate our 35th anniversary. It's amazing to me how those years have gone by and how much we've shared. I often joke that even during some rough times we were both too stubborn to give up on the marriage, but it is true. And for that I'm glad. I only hope we have another 35 together.

We went shopping yesterday and Joe decided that he wanted to upgrade the bracelet he gave me for my birthday (which I liked but he changed his mind about it)...so we went to the jeweler and I ended up with a really nice diamond tennis bracelet....it's for both my bday and our anniversary. I'm still shocked. :lol:

Terri, it sounds as tho you're having a great summer. Enjoy!

Es, hope you're feeling better. When do you need to make the decision about Virginia?

I've got to get back on WW. I've maintained the 32 pound loss since December, but need to focus on further losses. Am going shopping today to get fresh veggies and fruits.

Sandy, Dianne, Susan :wave: HI!

~Jen

decemberdianne
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi guys:

Jen: Congrats to you and Joe - Happy 35th (WOW) Anniversary :cheers: What a nice surprise the family gave you. The tennis bracelet sounds really pretty. I seem to remember that Punta Cana is where you and Joe went for vacation one year, no? How are the newlyweds - did they have a great time?
How's matt's finger? He should make his big brother do everything for him - that doesn't happen often, lol.

Es, amiga - I feel sorry for you and hope your pain eases with these shots. Is it you who wants to move to Va? Or David?

Sandy - My commute is 1 hr. and 15 mins. and I take a bus, a boat and a train - I am in 3 boroughs a day, Staten Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn - feel better?:devil: I hope you enjoy the new job, seems like a nice group of people. Hope Mike finds something soon, though I know how nice it is to come home to a hot meal with Willie being retired. Now, if only I could get him to clean the house, lol.

Terri - Hope the boys have fun at camp. Are you home now for the summer?

Princess - I wish you lots of luck with finding a job - something good will come your way :crossed:

This weekend, we went bridesmaid dress shopping - :yikes: Actually it went pretty well - the dresses were beautiful. The only one who had a problem was Lisa (Alana's big sis) - she's the Matron of honor and Alana wants her to have a different dress than the others, but everthing she tried on, she either didn't like, it didnt fit, etc. so she wound up trying on the same dress as they others have and Alana was not happy about that. So Lisa is going to another store to slowly and without pressure look again. The problem is the dresses are red, so its not like if they were lilac, the Matron of honor could wear a darker purple or something - red is red. Someone suggested she wear silver, but I don't think that's gonna fly. Alana is becoming "bridezilla", lololol. Just kidding! I haven't really started looking for a dress yet, but when I do, I'm going by myself, lol. She wants to go with me, but I think not - she's a little bossy, :kickbutt: lol.

Well, gotta get going - will come back soon. Have a nice Tuesday (you to amiga!) everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jen,
CONGRATS on your 35th. WOW!!!! That is great!

Dianne,
I hope the gown situation works out. That can be tricky.
Yes, the kids are out and Bradley is in NC at scout camp. Bruce is hiking through the Smokies as we write. :lol:

I gained back about 20 pounds since March. I just lost all motivation. I recommited today. I am excited. You don't get this excited while maintaning. :lol: I went up one size but I think if I lose about 7 the old ones will fit. They were loose when I was 135.

Well gotta do the boflex.
Luv y'all,
Terri

Jenny523
06-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Terri,
Of us all, you have had the most success with the program. I know your gain is temporary and you're all ready to get back to where you were. Good for you for recommitting and getting back on track! :cp:

Dianne,
I love the idea of red dresses. I'm sure Alana will find something suitable for Lisa. She'll know it when she sees it. And I'm sure she's not even anywhere close to a Bridezilla!! I spent a lot of $$ on my dress and will never wear it again. Make sure you get a bargain ;)

Work is crazy. Am already counting the days till the season is over on June 30. Joe and I have the second week in July off and I can't wait!

will be back later,
~Jen

decemberdianne
06-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Jen - I might be taking your advice re not spending a lot of money on a dress I'll probably never wear again. I went on-line to Macy's and JCPenneys and I saw a gown I really like (I'm going with Lisa tonight to check it out). If you want to see it go on-line to jcpenney.com and check out under the woman's category, then go to bridal shop, on the right hand side click on mother of the bride (that's actually the dress), then go to page 2 - its the 1st one - "Sheer Jacket Dress". If you click on it to make the image bigger, you'll get a better idea. And look at the price! Holy Moly - almost too good to be true. The shoes are there also - they're call Fionna.

Let me know what you think - be honest, lolol.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Dianne,
I LOVE it! It's really a pretty dress, and absolutely looks as though it would be higher priced. I think it'd be perfect. The details are very nice, I love the lines of the collar on the jacket. Let me know if you get to try it on...hope it works for you!
When is the wedding date again?
Still waiting here for pictures of Joey's wedding. I am always impatient when it comes to those things. We've talked since the big day about how we wish we would have posed for more pics. The photographer did not make a point of getting us to pose. Let Alana know to keep that in mind. We did pose for a family portrait, but Joe and I never got one of just the 2 of us :(.

later,
~Jen

Sandancy
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi All,

Dianne, I guess I do feel better about my commute, but not at your expense. My goodness, you must have a really long day, how do you find the energy for all the other stuff that you do? BTW, I like the dress, if I am looking the right one, I hope. Is it rather short and looks a bit like a dressy suit?

Jen, Happy Happy anniversary. :cheers: Our 30th will be this fall.

Terri, I know this is a life long proposition to be a WW. Congrats on recommitting, I am trying to also, but it turns out that my ofiice situation is fraught with food dangers and devastating cookies.:o

We went to a Greek restaurant this evening to celebrate Dave's 25th birthday. He is thinking about moving to Chicago to study comedy at Second City. He wants to save a nest egg, and then pull up stakes here and relocate for a few years. He only just started talking about it this past week.

Gotta go, we are going to have cake and presents now.

Hugs to all and Hi Susan and Es.

Sandancy
06-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Oops Dianne,

I hadn't figured out how to navigate the Penney's site. I went back and found it. I think the dress is elegant and quite sophisticated looking. I would want to check it out in person for the quality of the fabric and workmanship.

You will look smashing!

Dianne,
The dress is beautiful. I have bought a few things from there and they are good quality. Is that the color? I love it!

Sandy,
That is so cool about Dave. He should have tried out for the Last Comic Standing. I love that show. Wish him luck for me. That sounds so cool. A lot of comediens started there.

Jen,
Can't wait to see the pics.

Brittany is at work, Bradley is still in NC and Brandon is at a pool party. What to do? I will exercise and then READ!!!!!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm going to do 2 quick posts...a couple of pics from the wedding.
The first is right after the ceremony...
from left:
Valerie, Iliana's daughter,
Ili
Joey
my brother, Tim, who was the best man
and in front..
Matthew and Brandon

I love this photo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/Joey%20and%20Iliana%20Wedding%202006/84descd.jpg

I love the way the boys are looking up at Joey, whom they think is the greatest, anyway!
~Jen

Jenny523
06-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Joey kept telling me, "Wait till you hear the song I've chosen for the Mother/son dance!" and I was sure it would be an Aaron Neville ballad, or a Beatles ballad, but didn't have an idea of which song.
When the time came....it was Let It Be...which was perfect considering our relationship. He shares my love of the Beatles, and told me how much this song reminded him of us.....
forget the fact that I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to...I like this pic...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/Joey%20and%20Iliana%20Wedding%202006/DCP_2171.jpg

Iliana is in the background on the left...her dress was actually an ivory underlay with a darker ivory over it...really pretty, but in the pic it looks pink, which was not the case.
~Jen

decemberdianne
06-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Awww Jen - the pictures are beautiful. I didn't realize Ili had another daughter. You and Joey look gorgeous - I love the color of your gown. Did you cry when you danced with him? What a great song. I remember when my son Steven got married we danced to a song by Regina Belle called "If I Could". A part of that song says "If I could, I would try to shield your innocence from time, but the part of life I gave you isn't mine; I watched you grow so I could let you go", OMG, I was crying the whole time, lol. I think Steven was embarassed! Thanks for sharing.

Hi everyone :wave:

Talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne

Princess1122
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Jen: Love the pictures! You look so happy!

Hi all! Just wanted to stop by quick... nothing has changed here but I am so close to my 10% goal and am keeping my fingures crossed for this weekend's W/I...

Have to run!
Susan

Sandancy
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Jen,
The pictures are just wonderful! I called Mike over to look at them too. He just sat there smiling. I love your happy expression gazing up at your son.
I wish Joey and Iliana every happiness.

Love to the whole gang,
Sandy

Rios426
06-17-2006, 09:08 PM

Jen, very nice pictures. I love the one with you & Joey. You look so pretty. I didn't know Iliana had another daughter. How old is she?

Amiga, I remember If I Could. I used to sing it to David. OMG I could see why you were crying! Love the dress. I doubt if I would move to VA. It's just an offer Pete's brother made since he knows Pete is having some problems at his job. David hasn't said a word about it but I'm sure if we decided to go he would go with us. I love Long Island.

Terri, I give you a lot of credit on recommitting. You have the willpower. You just had a slight set back but I know you'll be fine. ;)

I get my third shot this Thursday coming up. Not sure what'll happen after that. They have helped a little.

Hi Sandy & Susan.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!

Have a blessed Sunday.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
06-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the guys!!!

Hope all the husbands and dads have a great day.

My sister Kathie has been here since Friday. We went to Ravinia for an outdoor concert featuring the New Orleans Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Neville Brothers. It was great. We also took Brandon, who has been here since Friday.

Yesterday we finally had our first swim in the pool, as it was 91 degrees :sunny:

Today it's raining :( but the kids are coming over, and Iliana's mother, Victoria, is also coming.

My sister is here one more day, then heads home on Tuesday. She looks wonderful and is feeling very good.

love you all,
~Jen

Princess1122
06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, I went to W/I on Saturday morning... needed to lose 3.2 to hit my 10% mark and I got on the scale... drum role please! And I lost a whopping 2.8 Now, if I was a violent person I think I would have hurt someone or something at that moment... but instead I just wanted to cry and slink away to my car and go home... I did not do that though, my husband made me stay for the meeting which was a good thing since it kind of took my mind back to a place that it should be instead of trying to think were the nearest Krispy Kream was, JUST KIDDING! But I was truly and gut wrenchingly disappointed.

Got on the home scale on Sunday morning and I was down another pound! So un-officially I hit the 10% but since it will be that TOM next weekend that may very well change and it may take till the following W/I to be official... got on the scale this morning and I lost another pound and I have hit ONEDERLAND! I guess I did not eat very much over the weekend so the scale is moving down at a fast rate... Oh well, I am just happy that it is going down even if it is not "Offical".

I have to run but I will stop back soon and get caught up on the posts from the weekend.

Susan

QuiltingB
06-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Princess, new to the forum, and wondering, what is Onederland?
I know just how you felt on WI, I have done the same thing, and completely lose sight of the fact that I LOST, maybe not as much as I wanted to but at least the scale was moving in the right direction. Way to go!! You will have that 10% key chain next week.

Princess1122
06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Quilting: Onderland is when you make it to below the 200 lb mark.... and I am very happy to finally get there if in fact my scale at home is correct. Thanks for the words of encouragement... I was really happy with the loss, don't get me wrong, I am always happy with a number lower then the last W/I's but I was really wanting that 10% mark to be hit... but I will get it officially next time :carrot: I have faith!
Susan/Princess

Jenny523
06-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Susan,
:cb: :cp: Whoo hooo! You have done great! I'm so happy for you.
hope you continue to succeed.

Be back tomorrow,
~Jen

Rios426
06-20-2006, 09:04 PM

Susan, congrats on your loss. I know how disappointed you were but at least you went down. Keep up the good work. ;) :bravo:

:welcome2: Quilting. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Jen, glad to hear your sister is doing well. Pool weather is finally here.:flow2: :beach: Enjoy.

Hi to the rest of the group. :grouphug:

Love, Es

Sandancy
06-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Susan, :bravo: Congrats on your loss this week "And I lost a whopping 2.8 ":carrot: I know it can be frustrating to have your goal be just out of reach, but you will be sailing past it before you know it.

Jen, I am glad to hear you had some time to be with your sister. How did Brandon enjoy the concert? We have been having the hot spell too, and our pool is finally ready to use, after all the rain it took us a long time to get to it.

Hi Quilting, welcome to our friendly group.

Es, I will be thinking of you on Thursday, hope this last shot makes a big difference for the better.

I am learning to like my job a little at a time. It is a lot more of a clerical position than I realized, but the people are quite nice. I am use to doing database design, not data entry and filing, oh well. We really need it as Mike is still at home, and his severance and even the unemployment have run out.

Gotta head off to bed, hugs to all the gang!

decemberdianne
06-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi guys:

Quilting: :welcome: :welcome:

Susan: 2.8 lbs. is a whopping amount, congrats! I know how you feel, I once was .4 away from Goal and it took me 2 weeks to lose that tiny bit, very frustrating. But you are doing great, and don't lose sight of the fact that you are losing and going in the right direction. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be at 10% real soon.

Jen: Glad to hear that your sister is feeling good, I'm sure that is a big relief to you and your family. How are your niece's daughters doing? The concert sounds like fun - willie loves jazz. I'm a motown kinda girl, lol. He passed on his love of all music to Justin and Alana, thank God, lol. How are the newlyweds? Settled in yet? Do they live close by?

Es: I've been thinking of you - hope your back is getting better. How is it working all week - does the sitting bother your back?

Sandy: Hang in there - I'm sure Mike will find something soon. :crossed:

Well, Alana and Sal are very much in "wedding" mode, he even has the wedding march on his new cell phone, lololol. I almost had a heart attack the other day when they said they were thinking of moving up the wedding to September!! :yikes: I really wanted to :kickbutt: but then they said they were just thinking about it but would stick with the December date. I can't even imagine how that would have worked out. Anyway, I'm still struggling with the whole thing, but trying to remain positive and put on a good face about everything. What else can I do? Its not the way I want to feel, but I can't seem to help myself. I really need to get with the program - guess someone needs to :kickbutt: me, lol.

Hope all the guys had a great Father's Day - we had everyone over to our house and after making the backyard look really good - it was so damn hot, we all wound up eating inside, lol. I barbecued all by myself for the first time and of course it had to be 90 plus degrees that day. Then everyone stayed until like 10:30 at night from 2:00 in the afternoon, so it was a continuing eating fest. No one wanted to go home, lol. It was fun though.

Well, let me get back to work. Hope everyone has a great day. Be back soon.

Princess1122
06-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is busy and enjoying their summer... it sure seems to be moving along fast...

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words... I look forward to hitting my first goal so this W/I should be interesting.

Hope all is well with everyone... boy wedding bells are in the air around here :D best of luck for all of the newlyweds and soon-to-be-weds.

Susan

Jen,
The pictures were beautiful. Iliana and Joey make a wonderful couple. You looked radiant. I would love to see one of you and Joe dancing too.
The boys are so precious as usual.
I am so glad your sister is doing ok. How is your baby's finger?

Susan,
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful loss. "Weigh" to go.

Dianne,
Wow cell phone ringtone. He's really into it. I am glad they stuck with Dec.
I'll bet the BBQ was great.

Es,
Good thing about the internet we wouldn't have to miss you if you moved. :lol: Keep us posted.

Sandy,
I wish y'all luck. I am so glad your job is working out.

We got Bruce that book by Tim Russert for Fathers Day. The Wisdom of our Fathers. The kids all wrote something for Bruce in the beginning. He cried. I loved it. :lol:

I lost 1 pound last week. :carrot:
TTYL,
Terri

REGGIE56
06-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Hi! Everyone!
Well,2 days back in action and feeling prety great! lots of water to drink.
I work at O'Charley's ,so everything is soooo tempting!!
Off to Savannah for my 50th with my beautiful daughter the end of July & need to be in shape!
Reggie:)

Princess1122
06-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Morning all...

Welcome Reggie! So glad you made it over to the Fab 40's and 50's, it is a real pleasure to have you with us... glad you are going to be able to celebrate your birthday with family, that is just the best! Best wishes for safe and happy travels!

Terri: I thought about getting DH that book, has your husband started reading it yet?

How is everyone else doing? Ready for the weekend?

Good news... the company that my DH works for has opened up a gym in their building and the spouses are allowed to come in and work out! Very happy about that and we get to spend time with the personal trainer that they have on staff there. Tonight is my turn to work with him but after seeing my husband when the trainer got done with him I am a bit scared... I swear he was crying like a little girl :drill: so now I am not looking forward to my session as much as I had been. But it will do me good so here goes nothing!

Have a happy day all!
Susan

Welcome Reggie. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Susan,
Good luck. I have always wanted to try a personal trainer. Keep us posted. He probably has a way different approach for women so maybe it won't be as scary. Congrats on the gym.

Luv y'all,
Terri

I'm going to see The Lakehouse today.

Rios426
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Girls:)

Well, so much for my third injection. I called because I hadn't heard from them & they told me my Dr. is on vacation.:mad: They helped a little but I don't know if I'm going for the third one. They said the dr. will be back July 6th.

I can't address everyone but I'll be back soon.

Love u's,
Es

Princess1122
06-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great weekend!

Susan

Rios426
06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
:welcome2: Reggie & Happy Anniversary.

Princess, my brother is a personal trainer. He has his own gym. I've seen before & afters. You'll love it. You'll be the buffed one of our group.:strong:

Terri, how was the movie? Is Britts still with her boyfriend? Give her a hug for me. Tell her I'm still her #1 fan. :)

Dianne, I still can't believe Alana is getting married. Sal sounds like he's crazy about her. I understand how you feel. Still have 5 mths. Maybe she'll change her mind by then. :crossed:

I have my niece/goddaughter's graduation party today & the weather is terrible. I hope it clears up. They're having it outside.

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great day my friends. :wave:

Es

Susan,
My husband read the book and loved it. I read the introduction and cried. I never read let alone cry on introductions. I can't wait to read it.
I want to get the first one about his dad.

Es,
Britts and Craig decided to be friends. She felt no spark and he was a little to different in their points of view on things. He liked to argue.
She says hi to Aunt Es and that she loves hearing from you. She gets a big smile when I tell her there is a message from you. She and I hope your back is better.
The Lakehouse was so good. I want to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Brandon starts bandcamp soon. They will be there 7 hours a day for two weeks. What kind of food should I feed him for breakfast and lunch if he will be in the sun and working hard? Thanks.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Princess1122
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi all!

Can't stay but wanted to stop by real quick.

How is everyone doing this week?

Have to run but will check back later on.

Susan

Jenny523
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Terri,
I'd pack him peanut butter & jelly, fruit, veggies, lots of water, none of that will spoil if not refrigerated. Will he eat breakfast at home?; in that case..eggs, since they stay with you.
What is The Lakehouse? I don't think I've heard of it???

Es,
Hope your back is ok. Sorry you missed your last shot. Will you make it up?

Susan,
did you work with the trainer? It think it's great that you're so active.

Dianne,
Have you spent much time with Sal? I'm wondering how he relates to you and Willie. Did you decide upon the dress from Penney's?

Joey and Iliana are moving this Sunday to an apartment in Chicago. He's been living about 6 miles from us, it will now be more like 18, which is not that big of a deal. They will actually be smack dab between our home and Iliana's Mom's home in Chicago. That is a great location for them. I had hoped they would purchase a home, but her job with the Chicago Transit Authority requires her to live in only areas serviced by CTA, so they have not yet decided where to settle.
Iliana's mom, Victoria, was here with them on Father's Day. She's in her early 60's and is a very nice person and it's fun to have someone new in the family.

Sandy,
how does your garden grow? :lol: Our veggies are all the long term variety, so it will be a while before we harvest anything.

Work is insane...why, oh why do people procrastinate? They've had since May 1 to purchase their vehicle stickers...yet we estimate that there are 15,000 more to sell in the next two days :eek: Cannot wait till this week is over, then we have 4 days off :cp:

AND, I've been sooo bad with my eating.....have gained back 6 pounds since the wedding :( so I'm waiting for the next Free Registration from WW and I'm rejoining. I MUST attend meetings!

Hi to anyone I may have missed. :wave:
~Jen

Princess1122
06-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Morning all,

I just wanted to stop by quick and say hello...

w/i will not be great this week but I will shoot for a better one next week. I have not been walking and I blew out my elbow so I can not work out with the trainer for a while... doctor says it is classic "tennis elbow" and i am to wear a sling to help it heal faster since he knows I will never stop using it... I need to be on the go and active so I tend to avoid anything that will stop that and a sling is absolutely in that catagory... I have not bought one yet but will get around to it very soon since I really want to get back working with the trainer.

Have a great weekend everyone... sorry this is so short but I have a busy day ahead.

Susan

Susan,
Sorry to hear about your elbow. Hope it is better soon.

Jen,
I'm glad they are still close. You'll get that weight off fast.

Britts met Tom Hanks. He brought his son to Space Camp. She was alone in the concession area of the IMAX and she saw this guy reading a poster of a Tom Hanks film they are showing about Space and she asked if he needed anything and when he turned around she almost choked. He asked for directions and then she offered him some popcorn and he took it and thanked her and said she was nice. She also saw him at the graduation for Space Camp. When she saw him that first time she almost told that guy looking at the poster that the other movie was better. She is sure glad she didn't.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Sandancy
06-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Terri,
That is so amazing that Britts met Tom Hanks! I can just picture where she was too, as I have been to that IMAX.
Very cool and lucky that she did not tell him the other movie was better, but I bet she could have recovered and made it seem like she was just teasing him. I think he has an incredible range in his acting, I just heard this week that he was honored by WWII Vets for his Band of Brothers series and the Private Ryan movie.

Susan, I have had that tennis elbow thing too. Usually in my case it was caused by excessive house cleaning or gardening, never tennis. I am not a cleanliness bug, contrary to popular belief, just when we moved in to this house there was a lot to take care of. I found a prescription anti-inflammatory helped a lot and some physical therapy too. I hope you get over it quickly.

Jen,
I am really glad to hear that Joey and Ilana won't be too far, it is really sweet that they will be close to her mom too. Have you gotten through the 15000 applications in one piece? Enjoy your time off this weekend:dancer:
About the garden, I am lucky to have anything from the garden with all the crazy rains we have had, lots of stuff rotted. I lost my spinach, cabbage, radishes, and zinnias. But I do have a bumper crop of lettuce and snow peas. It has been hard to find the time and energy to garden after work. I may be frequenting the local farmer's markets instead.
What are you growing?

Es, How was the party? Was the weather tolerable? We finally have a day without rain or 98% humidity, and I love it! I have my nephew's graduation party tomorrow and I will be making a dessert to bring.

Luv to all, Hi Dianne and Welcome Reggie,

Rios426
07-01-2006, 08:30 AM

Sandy, the party was fun but we got so much HEAVY rain. I saw one of my cousins that I hadn't seen in years. She joined WW in 2001, lost 40 lbs & has kept it off. I hope you have nice weather today. What dessert did you make?

Terri, I love Tom Hanks. Britt must of been so excited. She is so cute. If I ever win the lottery I'm coming over to meet you & her & we're going to have a night out on the town. ;) I'll have to pick up Dianne & Jen first. What is bandcamp? I would like to go see the Lakehouse but like the guys say, it looks like a chick flick. I'll have to go with my sister.

Princess, I had tennis elbow. Like Sandy, I had to take anti-inflammatory pills. Hope it gets better soon.

Jen, I'm trying to start WW at work. I have 8 people so far. Meetings help a lot. Maybe pool exercises will burn those 6 lbs. You can do it, I have faith in you. ;)

Any plans for this weekend? I'm barbecuing tomorrow. My sister is coming over. It's going up to 91 degrees. Hate it.

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs:grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Terri,
that is sooo cool about Britts meeting Tom Hanks! What a thrill. He's one of my favorite actors, such a huge talent.

Sandy,
sorry that your hard work in the garden has been ruined by all the rain. We've kept ours simple the last few years: tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenoes, serrano peppers, cucumbers, green beans, radishes. In my herb garden I've got lots of basil (my favorite), rosemary, parsley, dill, chives, cilantro, thyme, sage.

Es,
If you win the lottery, I'll have my bag packed and ready to go!! What a great time we would all have if we ever got together. Perhaps one day we can make it a reality.

Susan,
hope your elbow is on the mend. It must be very painful :( take care of yourself.

What's everyone doing for the holiday? At the last minute the village manager got permission from the mayor and councilmembers for us to have Monday off...so I've got a 4 day weekend !!!! Whooo hooo :cb:
We really don't have any plans other than to see some fireworks on Monday night, and probably attend our town's festival. Davy Jones is the headliner! :lol:

take care,
~Jen

Rios426
07-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Jen, my sister is coming over today & we're barbecuing. I'm making chicken breast, turkey sausage, chicken burgers, pasta salad & salad. Tomorrow I have to work but there was a rumor going around on Friday that we're closing at 3:00. Tuesday I'm off. I'll probably go to the pool if the weather permits.

Have a great day. :grouphug:

Rios426
07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Happy July 4th!:flow2:

Have a safe holiday.

Es

Sandancy
07-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi Everyone,:wave:

We have been doing lots of driving and socializing lately. Greg had been away at a youth conference on an island last week and we went to New Hampshire to pick him up from the boat and then take him directly to my nephew's graduation party in Connecticut. So that day we put about 250 miles on my CRV. I have had the car barely 2 years and we already have 35000 miles on it which is more than I have ever put on a car in that time period.

On Sunday we went to a friend's house for an afternoon open house party and from there got invited to a barbecue at another friend's house to all the people remaining at the tail end of the open house. Today we are going to a 4th of July barbecue. I don't know if we will get to the fireworks or not as they are predicting severe thunderstorms this evening.

Es, I had to work yesterday too, but funny they sent us home at 3PM which was a nice surprise. Did you get to leave early?

I made a cake for my nephew's party that looked like a big peanut butter cup. It was a chocolate layer cake with a peanut butter filling and a chocolate glaze over it all. The pans that I used had a rippled edge so it actually looked like the real thing.:devil: I had been determined to make it for a while and thought here's the opportunity to have just one piece, leave it at the party with no temptation for seconds at home.
For today's party I am making a pasta salad called Orzo with everything. It has lots of veggies added to it and a Balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing so it is a lot healthier than that cake.

Jen, Davy Jones, the former Monkee? Let us know what he sings!
Thanks for your sympathy about my garden, but happily I will have the later season stuff too. The tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini are now coming along fine.
I have an outrageous amount of perennials nowadays. Too many daylilies, phlox, stokesia, and daisies. I have to find new places to put them or to give them away when they need splitting.

Hi to the rest of the gang!:hug:

Happy Independence Day

Rios426
07-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi Girls,

I took a sick day. I pulled a back muscle & I'm in alot of pain. I took a muscle relaxer a little while ago, it seems to be working.

Sandy, you've been busy. Your cake sounds delicious:T How was your 4th of July? We got some thunderstorms.

My friends, have a nice day.

Hugs,
Es

SEE YOU ON #181.
LUV Y'all
Terri